NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mets 2015 Season

+7
CPcantmeasuresnow
Snow88
nofoboater
Math23x7
Dunnzoo
docstox12
Frank_Wx
11 posters

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

Mets 2015 Season - Page 22 Empty Re: Mets 2015 Season

Post by Dunnzoo Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:13 pm

sroc4 wrote:It's all even! Yankees!

For now tongue

Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:39 pm

We had a big chance in the bottom of the sixth, men on base.Cespedes, Wright and Uribe choked!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:18 am

Dunnzoo wrote:
sroc4 wrote:It's all even! Yankees!

For now   tongue

Let's be clear Yankees lead series 3-2 best Muts can hope for is a tie with win tonight. Harvey vs CC? Advantage Muts.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:55 am

I'll take a split with the Yankees any time.You split with the top teams and beat up on the weak ones.That gets you in postseason ball.Our worry is not the NY Yankees but getting a division title and being in the playoffs.The lead is slowly melting away and a showdown series with the Nats looms large in early October.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:09 am

I am obviously very concerned about another Mets collapse, especially since the Mets have lost three of their last four games and the Nationals have won six of their last seven games.  Now, the two teams each have 14 games left to play and their last three games are against each other at Citi Field.  Let's assume that we do NOT have the situation where in the 11 games leading up to that series the Mets go 0-11 and the Nats go 11-0 (that would be near impossible). Given that does not occur, if the Mets DO collapse, the Nationals would clinch the NL East AT CITI FIELD!  That would be as humiliating as it gets for Met fans, probably more so than the Phillies clinchers in 2007 and 2008 because they clinched their division titles at home.  

And one thing that worries me: In the last four games, Cespedes is 0 for 16.  And Harvey, drGrom and Syndergaard do not look like the dominant starters that they were earlier this year.  And just like the Mets in many cases over the last few years, yesterday they put a lot of runners on base but could not score.  I know the pitching matchup is the same as it was in the one game the Mets won at Yankee Stadium last April (Harvey vs CC), but Harvey is a different person now than he was than.  That time he pitched into the 9th inning.  I think it's safe to say that he will not do that tonight.  I believe the only chance they have of winning tonight is if they light up CC and give themselves a big lead which they will try to hold on to throughout the game.  If their are trailing when Betances and Miller come in, forget about it.  My thinking has been this for months: The Betances/Miller 8th/9th combo may be as good if not better than the 1996 Yankees's Rivera/Wetteland 8th/9th combo.

Of course, after tonight, the Mets next 10 games are against the Braves, Reds, and Phillies, three of the worst teams in baseball and if they go 8-2 in those games, they are guaranteed to win the division.  But at this time of the year, they are not the same teams that they were earlier in the year.  With the expanded rosters, you have young prospects being called up making their debuts that can go on a tear.  You also have players playing for big contracts.  I mean look at 2007.  13 out the last 14 games the Mets played were against the Nationals and Marlins, the 4th and 5th place teams in the division and the other game was against the Cardinals who were eliminated at the time they played them.

And a lot of my friends who are Mets fans criticize me for being too negative or just wanting the Mets to lose.  Well let me tell you something: From 2006-late September 2007 and from August 2008 to June 2009, I thought the Mets and Yankees would reverse roles in that the Mets were going to have a dynasty and the Yankees were going to undergo a postseason drought like they did in the mid 80s to early 90s and from the late 60s to early 70s.  I was near confident that this was going to happen.  The Yankees 2009 championship put that by the wayside and will not come back at least until the Mets get that title.  

One more thing: Because this is on the NJ Strong Weather Forum, I think it's safe to say that I am the Tom (NJWeatherGuy) of Met fans.  Just like how Tom loves snow like many of us do and worries that the low-end outlier for snowstorms can occur,  I also ask what can go wrong for the Mets, basically waiting for the other shoe to drop.  And CP, with all due respect, you are the "Schmaltzie" on this thread, basically hoping the Mets do indeed fall apart.

Well, let's just hope for the best. LGM!

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:20 am

Oh my, all this doom and gloom! I admit, I am the optimist here, and I always expect them to win. Yes I have been let down, but I am always hopeful that they will have a good game. It is a long season, players get tired, and you can't win every game. With them having a weak schedule, I expect TC to allow the starters to rest once the field is set for the playoffs. Yes, I do believe the Mets will make it to the first round of the playoffs, yes I will be at the last game on the 4th when they stick it to the Nats to end the season, and yes I am hopeful they make it to the series. Mike, I never expect the Mets to have a dynasty, there is just no money to retain and acquire the players you need to keep it going. So here I be, wearing my Mets shirts proudly every day, waiting for the extra innings I hope they get! LGM! LGM! LGM! cheers cheers

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:58 am

Math23x7 wrote:I am obviously very concerned about another Mets collapse, especially since the Mets have lost three of their last four games and the Nationals have won six of their last seven games.  Now, the two teams each have 14 games left to play and their last three games are against each other at Citi Field.  Let's assume that we do NOT have the situation where in the 11 games leading up to that series the Mets go 0-11 and the Nats go 11-0 (that would be near impossible). Given that does not occur, if the Mets DO collapse, the Nationals would clinch the NL East AT CITI FIELD!  That would be as humiliating as it gets for Met fans, probably more so than the Phillies clinchers in 2007 and 2008 because they clinched their division titles at home.  

And one thing that worries me: In the last four games, Cespedes is 0 for 16.  And Harvey, drGrom and Syndergaard do not look like the dominant starters that they were earlier this year.  And just like the Mets in many cases over the last few years, yesterday they put a lot of runners on base but could not score.  I know the pitching matchup is the same as it was in the one game the Mets won at Yankee Stadium last April (Harvey vs CC), but Harvey is a different person now than he was than.  That time he pitched into the 9th inning.  I think it's safe to say that he will not do that tonight.  I believe the only chance they have of winning tonight is if they light up CC and give themselves a big lead which they will try to hold on to throughout the game.  If their are trailing when Betances and Miller come in, forget about it.  My thinking has been this for months: The Betances/Miller 8th/9th combo may be as good if not better than the 1996 Yankees's Rivera/Wetteland 8th/9th combo.

Of course, after tonight, the Mets next 10 games are against the Braves, Reds, and Phillies, three of the worst teams in baseball and if they go 8-2 in those games, they are guaranteed to win the division.  But at this time of the year, they are not the same teams that they were earlier in the year.  With the expanded rosters, you have young prospects being called up making their debuts that can go on a tear.  You also have players playing for big contracts.  I mean look at 2007.  13 out the last 14 games the Mets played were against the Nationals and Marlins, the 4th and 5th place teams in the division and the other game was against the Cardinals who were eliminated at the time they played them.

And a lot of my friends who are Mets fans criticize me for being too negative or just wanting the Mets to lose.  Well let me tell you something: From 2006-late September 2007 and from August 2008 to June 2009, I thought the Mets and Yankees would reverse roles in that the Mets were going to have a dynasty and the Yankees were going to undergo a postseason drought like they did in the mid 80s to early 90s and from the late 60s to early 70s.  I was near confident that this was going to happen.  The Yankees 2009 championship put that by the wayside and will not come back at least until the Mets get that title.  

One more thing: Because this is on the NJ Strong Weather Forum, I think it's safe to say that I am the Tom (NJWeatherGuy) of Met fans.  Just like how Tom loves snow like many of us do and worries that the low-end outlier for snowstorms can occur,  I also ask what can go wrong for the Mets, basically waiting for the other shoe to drop.  And CP, with all due respect, you are the "Schmaltzie" on this thread, basically hoping the Mets do indeed fall apart.

Well, let's just hope for the best. LGM!

LOL, CP is the Schmaltzie of the Mets thread.

I share all of your concerns Mike and it is now all up to the players to perform.Alderson has put together the pieces and TC is using them well.If there is good chemistry, it will all happen.If not....in the words of the old Brokklyn Dodgers Fans..."Wait 'til next year!". In the meantime, it's been a blast this year watching a Met team that can score runs.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:Oh my, all this doom and gloom! I admit, I am the optimist here, and I always expect them to win. Yes I have been let down, but I am always hopeful that they will have a good game. It is a long season, players get tired, and you can't win every game. With them having a weak schedule, I expect TC to allow the starters to rest once the field is set for the playoffs. Yes, I do believe the Mets will make it to the first round of the playoffs, yes I will be at the last game on the 4th when they stick it to the Nats to end the season, and yes I am hopeful they make it to the series. Mike, I never expect the Mets to have a dynasty, there is just no money to retain and acquire the players you need to keep it going. So here I be, wearing my Mets shirts proudly every day, waiting for the extra innings I hope they get!  LGM! LGM! LGM! cheers cheers

Right on about the money! Cespedes making noise about a six year contract.Well, let's see his bat light up again.He's been dead quiet since he got hit in the arse by Foerster last week.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Listen to Janet and stop the doom and gloom. No team has ever blown a 9.5 game lead with 19 to play and it won't happen to the Mets although I will admit I would take great pleasure in it if it ever did.

Pitches to strong and Nationals are a dysfunctional group of malcontents lead by a Moron Manager. Take heart Met fans your schedule starting tonight is a breeze. You have the 4-10 CC TONIGHT and it gets even easier after that.

See you in the series.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Pitch count on Harvey, Murphy throwing error, Wright fielding error, wild pitch, 6 men left on base.

We're going down faster than an olive in a Martini,LOL!

Better get it together fast or this game is toast.PLUS, the Nats won!

CP, you'll have to play the Dodgers or Cards if the Yanks make it.This is not a World Series calibre team even if they make the playoffs. Now 5 to 1 due to crappy bullpen.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:06 am

Tired Mad GFS Model Tired Mad

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:25 am

Well that was friggin' pis poor.Getting your arse kicked by your crosstown rival and losing two games in the standings.We have lost 2 out of 3 to a crap team and two out of three to a tough team (Yanks).

Time for a team meeting with Collins, the coaches and the captain to right the ship.At this rate, the division title will be decided in those last games with the Nats.

Weakness was revealed last night, the crap long relief.Now, the starting staff is all f___ed up due to these inning restrictions.Hitters as cold as ice.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:57 am

Ugly for sure. The errors.. oy vey. Sorry but you can't put Uribe at second. Keep Murph in the lineup and stop messing with it. We have seen it before, when the lineup is scrambled every day, they don't produce... little trivia, the Mets have lost every game they played on national tv....

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:04 am

It's all up to the manager, coaches and the captain to get this team on track again.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 am

Okay Mets fans it's still not panic time. However if it ever did get down to three games before your Nationals series I Would start to feel uneasy. Your schedule and pitching staff will however not let that happen.

I have my own problems now with Toronto and no Tanaka. Yankees have to take 2 of 3 or hello wild card and two of the three pitching match ups don't favor them.

So four of six from the Mets, hohum. I still hate this series and inter league play in general but unfortunately it's here to stay.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:16 am

CP, I wouldn't mind the Subway Series as the NY Fans all enjoy it.I have a problem with the chowderhead who made this year's schedule putting a three game series in late September when one of the teams (us) gets hurt in the standings.May an unclean Yak sit on that guys dinner!

At least you have a wild card shot.We need to win the division or we lose out on the playoffs.Pirates and Cubs have that wild card sewn up now.

As ever, it all winds up as to who gets hot in both leagues and makes it to the series.

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:52 am

Did anyone see the press conference by Collins after the game? He looked really upset that he had to take him out of the game. Heck, I would be also if my team was in a playoff race. I feel bad for him.

I had a feeling the game was going to be over once Harvey came out. There is no reason why you should take a starter out of a game that is doing great and have only threw 77 pitches. Fcuk the innings limit. This team is in playoff contention. I'm not with Collins on resting the young pitchers. This division isn't even over yet. The Nationals have been getting hot of late. Just win the division first and then rest the people. You can tell that Harvey was pissed off that he was taken out of the game. Thanks Boras ( Loser ). The defense didn't help either. Sloppy plays and the offense went dead yet again last night. Good thing is that they play crappy teams until the end. Lets hope that they can bounce back. 6 games up . Magic number is 8. Lets try to clinch before the Mets vs the Nats. I really hope that the Mets are not 3 games up on the Nats with 3 games to play against them. Lets go Mets
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Nice win after sloppy disaster against the Yanks.Good work John Niese, we really needed this one to get back on track.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Mets win 4-0. Niese pitched a great game. Cespedes had a big game with 3 hits and another hr by conforto. This kid is special. Magic number is now 7. Lets go Mets.
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:03 am

Met fans are booing Cespedes for not hustling and slumping.
http://nypost.com/2015/09/22/mets-honeymoon-with-cespedes-is-over-after-boo-filled-mess/
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Bad loss for the Mets tonight. Colon was dealing. The bullpen needs to pitch better if they want to go deep into the playoffs. Nats lost again so the magic number is now 5.
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:49 am

Hitting right back to the way we were before Cespedes, Johnson and Uribe.Bullpen awful.They are limping into the palyoffs because Buck Showalter and his boys in Baltimore are beating the Nats.Hope they get at if they make the playoffs or it will be a short ride.Dodgers licking their chops seeing the way we are playing now.Colon pitched great yet again.No pitch count for the old man of steel while the little youngsters wipe their wet noses with pitch counts,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:16 pm

A tip o' my Mets cap to Bucky Showalter's boys in Baltimore for helping us out yet again as the O's beat the Nats 5-4.Lord knows we need the help for the crappy way we have been playing the last week.For crying out loud,guys, take this home tonight and WIN!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Down to 3!

Mets 2015 Season - Page 22 62362-10

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 pm

Great game and great picture of Buddy!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Mets 2015 Season - Page 22 Mookie10

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:19 pm

NOW we're talkin' here.Offensive explosion led by Duda.Noah pitched great and the hitting bailed out a shaky bullpen.Parnell?....UGH!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum