NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 25 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Give me 1995/96. 16 3-6” events and one Roidzilla. It was perfect.

If I had to choose between 4 big events or a dozen moderate ones I’ll take a dozen every time. Assuming it’s cold enough that it sticks around. I need cold and snow cover. Just like CP

Exactly my point, even if I didn't make money from it, I like to have a decent snow pack for a bit, not a big one that melts before next one hits.

I wish I could give both of these comments 100 likes. My feelings exactly.

In 2015/16 many people had one big blizzard which dropped anywhere from 25-35 inches of snow on many in NJ, NYC and LI. It melted in several days and there was virtually no snow in those areas before or after it. Many graded that winter a B or A.

What???????????? How is that a Good or great winter? One huge event that didn't even stick around long. That winter was a D+ at best only because it had one huge storm, otherwise it was a definite F. If you can't walk around at least 60 of the 120 days from Thanksgiving to Late March with snow cover and cold weather, the winter sucks. These rules cannot be argued.

So let it be written , so let it be done.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 25 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:04 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Give me 1995/96. 16 3-6” events and one Roidzilla. It was perfect.

If I had to choose between 4 big events or a dozen moderate ones I’ll take a dozen every time. Assuming it’s cold enough that it sticks around. I need cold and snow cover. Just like CP

Exactly my point, even if I didn't make money from it, I like to have a decent snow pack for a bit, not a big one that melts before next one hits.

I wish I could give both of these comments 100 likes. My feelings exactly.

In 2015/16 many people had one big blizzard which dropped anywhere from 25-35 inches of snow on many in NJ, NYC and LI. It melted in several days and there was virtually no snow in those areas before or after it. Many graded that winter a B or A.

What???????????? How is that a Good or great winter? One huge event that didn't even stick around long. That winter was a D+ at best only because it had one huge storm, otherwise it was a definite F. If you can't walk around at least 60 of the 120 days from Thanksgiving to Late March with snow cover and cold weather, the winter sucks. These rules cannot be argued.

So let it be written , so let it be done.

I like it gone by mid March but that is due to spring cleanups need to be done.

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:26 pm

the pozingas trade:good points..the knicks have 74.5 in cap space to sign 2 max players also they get 2 future first round picks(2020 and 2022)jordon and mathews have expiring contracts so i see a buy out on both and still hold there #1 pick this year..bad points with about 28 games remaining after all star break just play out the schedule and
keep losing(tank)u then have a 25% good chance in the lottery to land the #1 pick zion williamson

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 pm

This winter has taken a toll on us snow lovers...

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 am

crippo84 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:I am now at average for the season so far but its from THREE storms. Hardly a winter to me, I don't care about total inches, but rather the number of times it snows. Would you rather 4 big storms or 12 smaller ones?

I understand you make a living off of winter events and you want more opportunities to get paid. Not hating on that at all.

But give me the 4 big storms hands down.  I don't even track or care about storms that put down less than 3 inches of snow. Those are yawners for me - it is pretty depressing how yesterday's 30 minute squall that put down an inch or so has been the excitement of the majority of the forum since November (and congrats to the minority on the board for the snow you've received so far - i'm jealous!!).  It's the 6 inch + storms that start to at least garner a little excitement for tracking.  But a godzilla and no doubt a roidzilla not only makes for a fun event, but a ton of fun to track leading up to the event. A big storm that will provide for all is going to draw more interest and fun on this board than a 1 inch event for all.

I agree with you.Before I joined the Channel 7 Board, storms under 12 inches did not even interest me at all.That was my criteria for getting involved in a snowstorm.Our Board here is a lot of fun and that's why i "tune in" even with the smallest of events, to read the long range crew and to read the reports of members all over the area.If I wasn't on the boards, I'd go back to my old criteria of 12 inches plus.Even if a winter has numerous smaller storms with extended snowpack, I don't give it more than a "C".There has to be a major snowstorm, like last years 27 inches in March, to get an "A" rating from me.This winter so far up here is an "F' way under the average of 50 inches with lots of mild/rainy interludes between the brief cold spells.We need roughly 30 inches just to get to the average where I will grade it a "C".Looks like a tall order at this juncture with next week torching and the first week of February burnt.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:45 am

syosnow94 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:-0.2°

In the words of of the immortal Rodeny King, can't we all just get along.

Apparently only if we don’t express our own opinions and just drink the cool aid. Now you can’t even offer differing analysis backed by ACTUAL WEATHER. You’re only able to post about what was supposed to happen and not reality

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 am

moleson wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Amugs are you serious?

If I don’t agree with the optimism then don’t chime in? I thought this was a discussion board about weather on an Internet forum? I didn’t know we had to either agree with you or else “not chime in”. Just because you don’t like to hear what I’m saying doesn’t mean I can’t say it. I’m not complaining in my last few posts. I’m pointing out my reasons why I feel the pattern has not changed. Heck in your own post you simultaneously post why you think it did citing several reasons and then IN THE SAME POST point out why it didn’t happen as was forecast!!. Cmon man. Does anyone on here tell you to not post your over the top blind optimism that doesn’t pan out?
And yes I have an idea what a small difference in storm track. An do. That’s silly to insinuate.

IMHO the weather has not changed. The forecasted atmospheric pattern and drivers you all talk about HAVE NOT WORKED OUT AND HAVE NOT PRODUCED PERIOD! This is fact. Look at the surface temp anamoly map Scott posted. We’ve stayed in the white or neutral.

If you don’t like my analysis fine. But don’t question my knowledge and don’t try to minimize my opposing point of view which the ACTUAL WEATHER HAS VALIDATED.

THIS!

I agree 100%.

If you don't agree with the select few on this board then you are expected to be quiet.

The fawning over certain posters borders on creepy.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:03 am

sroc4 wrote:
moleson wrote:

If I don’t agree with the optimism then don’t chime in?  I thought this was a discussion board about weather on an Internet forum?  I didn’t know we had to either agree with you or else “not chime in”. Just because you don’t like to hear what I’m saying doesn’t mean I can’t say it. I’m not complaining in my last few posts. I’m pointing out my reasons why I feel the pattern has not changed. Heck in your own post you simultaneously post why you think it did citing several reasons and then IN THE SAME POST point out why it didn’t happen as was forecast!!. Cmon man. Does anyone on here tell you to not post your over the top blind optimism that doesn’t pan out?  
And yes I have an idea what a small difference in storm track. An do. That’s silly to insinuate.

IMHO the weather has not changed. The forecasted atmospheric pattern and drivers you all talk about HAVE NOT WORKED OUT AND HAVE NOT PRODUCED PERIOD!  This is fact. Look at the surface temp anamoly map Scott posted. We’ve stayed in the white or neutral.

If you don’t like my analysis fine. But don’t question my knowledge and don’t try to minimize my opposing point of view which the ACTUAL WEATHER HAS VALIDATED.

THIS!  

I agree 100%.  

If you don't agree with the select few on this board then you are expected to be quiet.  

Moleson this is not true at all. In this forum if you wish to provide analysis about why you think the chances moving forward will not work out using sound reasoning in a non argumentative but rather devils advocate approach I am 110% all for that. I have no problems if you wish to use past as well as present and/or future to back up your argument. Shit. That's what we are here for! I'm not even a meteorologist but will disagree with guys like Rb and Frank, and even Tom(isotherm) etc sometimes as far as a forecast. But when I do so I try my best to be respectful in my approach realizing that they put in as much effort as I did to come to a conclusion, and while I may disagree with them I may be the one who's wrong.

The only thing I ask of you or anyone else in this forum is to be respectful to everyone. Although we all come from different backgrounds, and are all different types of people and personalities, the vast majority of us in a forum like this is for one common reason: Our love and passion for weather regardless of the type of weather we like. Frank, myself, Janet(Dunzoo), Mugsy, Algae, Bill, and Quiteace all moderate this board. We will cont to move posts to where we feel is the appropriate thread, and cont to delete posts that we feel need to be deleted in order to continue to keep this board free of the crap that goes on in many of the other weather sites available. I'm not perfect by any means, and sometimes I may get it wrong.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippo84 Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:44 am

sroc4 wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
moleson wrote:

If I don’t agree with the optimism then don’t chime in?  I thought this was a discussion board about weather on an Internet forum?  I didn’t know we had to either agree with you or else “not chime in”. Just because you don’t like to hear what I’m saying doesn’t mean I can’t say it. I’m not complaining in my last few posts. I’m pointing out my reasons why I feel the pattern has not changed. Heck in your own post you simultaneously post why you think it did citing several reasons and then IN THE SAME POST point out why it didn’t happen as was forecast!!. Cmon man. Does anyone on here tell you to not post your over the top blind optimism that doesn’t pan out?  

IMHO the weather has not changed. The forecasted atmospheric pattern and drivers you all talk about HAVE NOT WORKED OUT AND HAVE NOT PRODUCED PERIOD!  This is fact. Look at the surface temp anamoly map Scott posted. We’ve stayed in the white or neutral.

THIS!  

I agree 100%.  

Moleson this is not true at all.  In this forum if you wish to provide analysis about why you think the chances moving forward will not work out using sound reasoning in a non argumentative but rather devils advocate approach I am 110% all for that.  I have no problems if you wish to use past as well as present and/or future to back up your argument.   Shit.  That's what we are here for!  I'm not even a meteorologist but will disagree with guys like Rb and Frank, and even Tom(isotherm) etc sometimes as far as a forecast.  But when I do so I try my best to be respectful in my approach realizing that they put in as much effort as I did to come to a conclusion, and while I may disagree with them I may be the one who's wrong.  

The only thing I ask of you or anyone else in this forum is to be respectful to everyone.  Although we all come from different backgrounds, and are all different types of people and personalities, the vast majority of us in a forum like this is for one common reason: Our love and passion for weather regardless of the type of weather we like.  Frank, myself, Janet(Dunzoo), Mugsy, Algae, Bill, and Quiteace all moderate this board.  We will cont to move posts to where we feel is the appropriate thread, and cont to delete posts that we feel need to be deleted in order to continue to keep this board free of the crap that goes on in many of the other weather sites available.  I'm not perfect by any means, and sometimes I may get it wrong.    

Exactly.  I've seen people disagree with our primary forecasters plenty of times, but come with their argument on why in a respectful manner without a need to CHANGE THEIR FONT TO DISPLAY THEIR OBVIOUS FRUSTRATION WITH HOW THINGS HAVE ACTUALLY WORKED OUT. This - is why people get frustrated and more than likely leads to a sentiment that differing opinions don't matter on this board.  I love seeing a constructive disagreement to what's expected or what's happening.  But how some choose to do it doesn't come off in a tasteful manner.
crippo84
crippo84

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:19 am

My quote from last night posts that I feel was taken out of context: But please if you don't like what we are discussing here about the LR then add constructively to the discussion or don't chime in.

This is what I said to Moleson and Jim - what I bolded is what I said dont twist my words - ADD CONSTRUCTIVELY - that means add meteorological reasons and factual information to back up up your thoughts not just spew venom (we have the posts) and say I am blind with optimism. Oh and I am serious about what I said, you don't have to agree but your negative and condescending undercurrent is inflammatory at times. I never said you can't be against what is being discussed but back it up with data, facts etc not just its what I think - if not then don't chime in. Math has chimed in and even though I think his reasoning at times in incorrect his post will verify for the wrong reasons. I will post why I think he is incorrect not just post - bad forecast, are you blind or this effin sucks!
Frustration leads to anger and it is no way within anyone's control of what happens with the weather (unless you believe it is by various gov'ts!)
And this is not fawning over one individual here (Moleson) or another it is a forum where we SHARE our knowledge and information to the best of our abilities. I do my best to do this at all times and not just in winter. Do we/I miss things here, absolutely nobody is perfect but to be the persons that just have something to say all the time when things go awry or not to the forecast then need to not throw stones (words) and step up to the plate with sound reasons. Easy to sit back and say someone is wrong if you don't add to the conversation in a respectful, mindful, and educated manner.
I came to this board with after joining the Channel 7 board in 2010-11 and learned a YUUUGGGGEE amount since then from our board members Frank, Dunzoo, Al, Ace, Scott (SROC), Isotherm (Tom), CP, DOC, and Rb (Ray) - others whom I have learned from Jim Witt, Earthlight (JH), PB, Joe Bastartdi, Joe D'Aleo, John Kasey, PTWx, NFSwx, Snowmanian, SuperStorm plus some many more - point is we are always learning and one of the purposes of this board is to share what we learn, our knowledge in a field that interests those who are here.
Am I the ever optimistic at times yes and I have good reason to with my reasoning from the data I look at. Some don't like a 1-3" snowstorm and others only want the big kahuna to each his own. Any snow to me is good snow and it is a rarity so embrace it for what Big Momma is serving up. We swing and miss that's life, I along with numerous pro and amateur forecasters are below the Mendoza line this winter and as I see it I have good mates on board this ship. We'll bounce back and learn from this years mistakes if you will and get better.
Ciao Ciao

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:10 am

Cripto. I use bolder font to emphasize my most important points and I will continue to.

I try to be respectful and notbash people at all times. Maybe I’m not perfect but it is what it is. I try

I posted facts in the LR thread about what is actually happening , what has happened, and what is forecast to happen. . If that is not viewed as contributing constructively then oh well. Facts are facts.
Cold/dry
Warm/rain
Rinse
Repeat
Continue

The MJO can’t be blamed as if it’s not a part of the “pattern”. It HAS BEEN THE PATTERN.
SIMPLE

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:10 pm

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4237430-natural-gas-polar-vortex-fades-dramatic-mild-weather-pattern-flip-early-february-provides

I went long last week trading UNG the natural gas ETF around 25 before this massive cold spell but ;luckily sold it at 28 for a quick 400 buck profit.Now, UNG is lower than I paid for it because of the much milder weather anticipated through mid February as per the article I posted above.As a trader ,I can make money from the long range forecasts,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Moleson, I admit, I fawn. But I fawn for 2 reasons.

First, my last name is Lebowitz. Legit. And if you know about us Lebowitz's, then you know that most terrible of warmicist fates that vanquished my poor distant cousin Fawn. I assure you, if you were a Lebowitz, you would Fawn too, out of respect. It's the right thing to do...I mean she was one of my own.

Secondly, I fawn more out of thanks to the mets on here for there generosity of time, effort and knowledge. I feel like I should fawn in that respect more than I do.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:39 pm

[quote="SENJsnowman"]Moleson, I admit, I fawn. But I fawn for 2 reasons.

First, my last name is Lebowitz. Legit. And if you know about us Lebowitz's, then you know that most terrible of warmicist fates that vanquished my poor distant cousin Fawn. I assure you, if you were a Lebowitz, you would Fawn too, out of respect. It's the right thing to do...I mean she was one of my own.

Secondly, I fawn more out of thanks to the mets on here for there generosity of time, effort and knowledge. I feel like I should fawn in that respect more than I do.[/quote

Ahhhh, Fawn Lebowitz yes........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnzmpORTE8
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Tomorrow is ground hog day and since this seemed to do the trick last year, although there was a four week delay, at Damian and Gres's request I am resurrecting the tale of Orange County Othelia.

According to folklore up here, if the ground hog dies the same day as seeing her shadow there will be 10 more weeks of an apocalyptic like winter, massive blizzards and cold through mid April.

Last year Othelia did die on the same day she saw her shadow, and the March 1 through April 15 period was bliss in most areas. To assure this happens again this year I have already spiked Othelias lunch with cyclophosphamide which should induce the same result tomorrow around noon.

As per Damians and Greis request I will repost but I won't bore everyone with the whole poem, I'll just post the part towards the end where it references what happens should the groundhog see her shadow and then die the same day. It's very clear that the winter will continue for 10 additional weeks and be quite harsh even by mid 1700's standards. The poem does also reference the small area in Long Island that will somehow escape winters wrath. Although not specifically named as a town historians have identified the area referenced as what is now the town of Syosett.

Below are lines 111 through 126 of the tale of "Orange County Othelia"

And if Othelia sees her shadow
And on the same day she dies
The snows will get deeper
Than a tall mans thighs
The cold shall remain
Until the Ides of April
The sap will then freeze
On the trees that have maple
To flee to Long Island
Will not help at all
Except near the center
Where no snow will fall
It will be as a haven
Where it only will rain
While the rest of the Island
Suffers winters worst pain

Should Othelia see her shadow and her maker tomorrow, hopefully the effects on Winter are more immediate than they were last year. Between this and Frank Deleting the Dec 15th poll I think we're golden from Feb 10th on.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:59 pm

CLASSIC,CP!! lol! lol! lol!

So this is what it's come down to in order to salvage this winter, poisoning a groundhog,LOL.Let me know if it's a success CP so I can go back long on natural gas!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:00 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Tomorrow is ground hog day and since this seemed to do the trick last year, although there was a four week delay, at Damian and Gres's request I am resurrecting the tale of Orange County Othelia.

According to folklore up here, if the ground hog dies the same day as seeing her shadow there will be 10 more weeks of an apocalyptic like winter, massive blizzards and cold through mid April.

Last year Othelia did die on the same day she saw her shadow, and the March 1 through April 15 period was bliss in most areas. To assure this happens again this year I have already spiked Othelias lunch with cyclophosphamide which should induce the same result tomorrow around noon.

As per Damians and Greis request I will repost but I won't bore everyone with the whole poem, I'll just post the part towards the end where it references what happens should the groundhog see her shadow and then die the same day. It's very clear that the winter will continue for 10 additional weeks and be quite harsh even by mid 1700's standards. The poem does also reference the small area in Long Island that will somehow escape winters wrath. Although not specifically named as a town historians have identified the area referenced as what is now the town of Syosett.

Than a tall mans thighs
The cold shall remain
Until the Ides of April
The sap will then freeze
To flee to Long Island
Will not help at all
Except near the center
Where no snow will fall
It will be as a haven
Where it only will rain

Should Othelia see her shadow and her maker tomorrow, hopefully the effects on Winter are more immediate than they were last year. Between this and Frank Deleting the Dec 15th poll I think we're golden from Feb 10th on.

FAKE GROUNDHOGS DON'T COUNT!

Phil or nothing!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Excellent point.   Good work.  I think that the governing powers will use sleight of hand and substitute a new clone for a dead groundhog.  I've got some Russian spy poison which I can mist Phil with.  I’m on my way. I'll be the shady looking guy wearing the dark suit and 1940's style fedora.  Again. This will not make the news because the Warmacists control the media.  Goodbye Phil.  Winter will rise again!

Last edited by Grselig on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Grselig wrote:Excellent point.   Good work.  I think that the governing powers will use sleight of hand and substitute a new for a dead.  Ive got some Russian spy poison which i can mist Phil with.  I’m on my way.  Again. This will not make the news because the Warmacists control the media.  

FAKE COLD!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Tomorrow is ground hog day and since this seemed to do the trick last year, although there was a four week delay, at Damian and Gres's request I am resurrecting the tale of Orange County Othelia.

Than a tall mans thighs
The cold shall remain
Until the Ides of April
The sap will then freeze
To flee to Long Island
Will not help at all
Except near the center
Where no snow will fall
It will be as a haven
Where it only will rain

Phil or nothing!

What makes you think she's fake? What kind of lunatic would waste their time writing a poem from folklore about a ground hog that doesn't exist? This was in the Poughkeepsie journal, The Times Herald Record, and there was a feature story on MSNBC. Oh wait forget MSNBC, they are run by Warmacists.

Be careful Gres, May the snow be with you.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Question If Othelia did die on the same day she saw here shadow last year, how does spiking her lunch today produce the same result seeing that she is already dead?

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:07 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Question   If Othelia did die on the same day she saw here shadow last year, how does spiking her lunch today produce the same result seeing that she is already dead?

Greybeard, the tale of Orange County Othelia was written in 1752, do you really think we've been using the same groundhog each year? We're trying to have a serious conversation here everyone, let's all try to use common sense. If questions like this persist I may begin talking about how much snow I received from March 1 to April 15th last year.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:07 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Than a tall mans thighs
The cold shall remain
Until the Ides of April
The sap will then freeze
To flee to Long Island
Will not help at all
Except near the center
Where no snow will fall
It will be as a haven
Where it only will rain

Phil or nothing!

What makes you think she's fake? What kind of lunatic would waste their time writing a poem from folklore about a ground hog that doesn't exist? This was in the Poughkeepsie journal, The Times Herald Record, and there was a feature story on MSNBC. Oh wait forget MSNBC, they are run by Warmacists.

Be careful Gres, May the snow be with you.

Oh no. Not fake. Jus clones. These Warmacists will do anything to dissuade and prevent Snowmaggedadon from happening. They are very real and I may have to dig up another poem to illustrate the effects of Snowmaggedadon. The clone policy was implemented after one of our mayors "dropped" a "Chuck". They count. All media outlets dispense fake news. Be it MSNBC, FOX, CNN or NPR. I only read the Coldicist Digest. Good solid folk run it.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Lunatic no. Madman yes. Coldicist yes. Mr. GreyBeard, it is a well known fact that the practice of cloning groundhogs was implemented in 1476 by a secret cabal back led by the great renaissance man Da Vinci. Sadly, they don't teach this stuff in schools.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zANvYB93u2g

This response was meant for CP not you Grselig Very Happy

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Steve Martin is a gem. FYI, non weather related in any remote way, but my wife got me a Fitbit Versa tracker in December. The glass broke today by normal use. Fitbit says its not covered under a warranty. Please be careful!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Any reference to rain in the central part of Long Island is accurate.

However I’ve done some research. Our friend CP came up with his name over an irrational and delusional obsession with the Central Park Zookeper who supposedly could not accurately measure snow. The zookeeper after much badgering and harassment from CP was relieved of his snow measuring duties. SINCE THAT DAY OUR LAST TWO WINTERS HAVE BEEN SHIT (even last March the snow melted within hours of falling) I BELIEVE CP HAS UNLEASHED A CURSE UPON OUR WEATBER FORUM AREA AND HE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ATROCIOUS WINTER

LETS TAR AND FEATHER THE BUM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum