NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

+46
Angela0621
Carvin
SoulSingMG
Irish
Joe Snow
lglickman1
RJB8525
ruggerij
adamfitz1969
Taffy
mako460
Math23x7
Scullybutcher
Quietace
algae888
dkodgis
essexcountypete
Vinnydula
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
brownie
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
crippo84
frank 638
weatherwatchermom
Grselig
amugs
rb924119
heehaw453
docstox12
SENJsnowman
Wheezer
jimv45
billg315
jmanley32
mikeypizano
hyde345
CPcantmeasuresnow
mwilli5783
Frank_Wx
HectorO
Radz
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
sroc4
50 posters

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 26 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Steve Martin is a gem. FYI, non weather related in any remote way, but my wife got me a Fitbit Versa tracker in December. The glass broke today by normal use. Fitbit says its not covered under a warranty. Please be careful!

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 26 Empty Re: The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Any reference to rain in the central part of Long Island is accurate.

However I’ve done some research. Our friend CP came up with his name over an irrational and delusional obsession with the Central Park Zookeper who supposedly could not accurately measure snow. The zookeeper after much badgering and harassment from CP was relieved of his snow measuring duties. SINCE THAT DAY OUR LAST TWO WINTERS HAVE BEEN SHIT (even last March the snow melted within hours of falling) I BELIEVE CP HAS UNLEASHED A CURSE UPON OUR WEATBER FORUM AREA AND HE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ATROCIOUS WINTER

LETS TAR AND FEATHER THE BUM

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:22 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Any reference to rain in the central part of Long Island is accurate.

However I’ve done some research. Our friend CP came up with his name over an irrational and delusional obsession with the Central Park Zookeper who supposedly could not accurately measure snow. The zookeeper after much badgering and harassment from CP was relieved of his snow measuring duties. SINCE THAT DAY OUR LAST TWO WINTERS HAVE BEEN SHIT (even last March the snow melted within hours of falling) I BELIEVE CP HAS UNLEASHED A CURSE UPON OUR WEATBER FORUM AREA AND HE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR ATROCIOUS WINTER

Wow, I have no problem committing mayhem (look up the legal definition) upon a warmacist creature (human or beast), but to commit such an act on one of our own gives me pause.  Is there a judicial committee that hears tar and feather cases prior to execution?

Last edited by Grselig on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Grselig wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Any reference to rain in the central part of Long Island is accurate.

Wow, I have not problem committing mayhem (look up the legal definition) upon a warmacist creature (human or beast), but to commit such an act on one of our own gives me pause.  Is there a judicial committee that hears tar and feather cases prior to execution?

There was before OTI was nuked. Now its just anarchy.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Punxatawney Phil is the one, the only, the TRUE groundhog!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm

mikeypizano wrote:Punxatawney Phil is the one, the only, the TRUE groundhog!

Don't worry about Phil.  He's taken care of.

https://www.siff.net/assets/images/CINEMA/2019/NoirCity19/NC_Trapped_thumb_1600x900.jpg
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:Punxatawney Phil is the one, the only, the TRUE groundhog!

Don't worry about Phil.  He's taken care of.

https://www.siff.net/assets/images/CINEMA/2019/NoirCity19/NC_Trapped_thumb_1600x900.jpg

Haters gunna hate... Its ok, you can have your false prediction, Phil will be the one who is right...

#PunxatawneyPhil
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:39 pm

As Doc, Damian, Hyde, Jim V and any others on this forum that live in the snow capital called the HV will attest, we were snow covered from March 2nd through the end of the month last year and quite content. Thank you again Othelia, you did not die in vain. That you chose to live on an island that cannot sustain a decent March snowfall is no ones fault but your own. Othelia warned you, please reread her warning.

On a separate note, do I need to make an appointment for this tar and feathering?

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:02 pm

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 26 635896789061852370-PTHBrd-02-03-2015-PTH-1-A001--2015-02-02-IMG-PTH0203-GROUNDHOG-DA-1-1-DK9ROLJ0-L558825456-IMG-PTH0203-GROUNDHOG-DA-1-1-DK9ROLJ0

To Mikey P
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:06 pm

I saw this today..I rather be tarred and feathered then have snakes on me...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:25 pm

CP the masochist. Interesting.

I did not choose to live on this hell hole of an island or in the NY area PERIOD! My wife and kids are an anchor. They won’t move. If it was up to me I’d live near Island Park Idaho in the Yellowstone area

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:02 pm

billg315 wrote:
Grselig wrote:

Wow, I have not problem committing mayhem (look up the legal definition) upon a warmacist creature (human or beast), but to commit such an act on one of our own gives me pause.  Is there a judicial committee that hears tar and feather cases prior to execution?

There was before OTI was nuked. Now its just anarchy.

No Bill, until OTI is habitable again, which will be around the first of January 2079, THIS IS THE NEW OTI,!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Tomorrow is ground hog day and since this seemed to do the trick last year, although there was a four week delay, at Damian and Grse's request I am resurrecting the tale of Orange County Othelia.

According to folklore up here, if the ground hog dies the same day as seeing her shadow there will be 10 more weeks of an apocalyptic like winter, massive blizzards and cold through mid April.

Last year Othelia did die on the same day she saw her shadow, and the March 1 through April 15 period was bliss in most areas. To assure this happens again this year I have already spiked Othelias lunch with cyclophosphamide which should induce the same result tomorrow around noon.

As per Damians and Greis request I will repost but I won't bore everyone with the whole poem, I'll just post the part towards the end where it references what happens should the groundhog see her shadow and then die the same day. It's very clear that the winter will continue for 10 additional weeks and be quite harsh even by mid 1700's standards. The poem does also reference the small area in Long Island that will somehow escape winters wrath. Although not specifically named as a town historians have identified the area referenced as what is now the town of Syosett.

Below are lines 111 through 126 of the tale of "Orange County Othelia"

And if Othelia sees her shadow
And on the same day she dies
The snows will get deeper
Than a tall mans thighs
The cold shall remain
Until the Ides of April
The sap will then freeze
On the trees that have maple
To flee to Long Island
Will not help at all
Except near the center
Where no snow will fall
It will be as a haven
Where it only will rain
While the rest of the Island
Suffers winters worst pain

Should Othelia see her shadow and her maker tomorrow, hopefully the effects on Winter are more immediate than they were last year. Between this and Frank Deleting the Dec 15th poll I think we're golden from Feb 10th on.

FAKE GROUNDHOGS DON'T COUNT!

Phil or nothing!

What makes you think she's fake? What kind of lunatic would waste their time writing a poem from folklore about a ground hog that doesn't exist? This was in the Poughkeepsie journal, The Times Herald Record, and there was a feature story on MSNBC. Oh wait forget MSNBC, they are run by Warmacists.

Be careful Grse, May the snow be with you.

Oh no.  Not fake.  Jus clones.  These Warmacists will do anything to dissuade and prevent Snowmaggedadon from happening.  They are very real and I may have to dig up another poem to illustrate the effects of Snowmaggedadon.  The clone policy was implemented after one of our mayors "dropped" a "Chuck".  They count.  All media outlets dispense fake news.  Be it MSNBC, FOX, CNN or NPR.  I only read the Coldicist Digest. Good solid folk run it.  

There's only one place to get real news Grselig, and that's from this guy.
The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 26 Ancien10

Ancient astronaut theorists say yes.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 am

PHIL HAS SPOKEN!!!! Early spring!!!!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:55 am

Ahhhh. The lifestuff of the board, right here. Ya gotta have your good times. Or as some might say:

whither mirth?

It's right here, on this board. CP, thanks for posting part of the Ode. I have to get a full copy one day. Or better, we could meet on my deck with a ground hog and do our own reveal. Anyone wanting a snake massage at the same time can't come
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:18 am

mikeypizano wrote:PHIL HAS SPOKEN!!!! Early spring!!!!

This is all a warmacist scam.  Did you know that at sunset the poor beast is taken from his home and dragged before the president  of the Groundhog Inner Circle and explains in a language, Groundhogese, which only the president can understand via the interpretive powers of an acacia paganistic magical cane (maybe an infinity stone) his prognostication for the fate of winter.  Some contend that the Society scripts, including the precious decision, in advance (Hulk Hogan) the entire shebang. Accuracy rate is between 35% and 40%.  The Society claims 100%, arguing the missed forecasts are the result of “miscommunication” between the hog and President.

So now we are all educated on this ruse, coldicists can rest easy knowing there is a 65% chance winter actually arrives in February.  

No, I did not make this up!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 am

Your just mad that Phil is cuter than you..,
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:54 am

mikeypizano wrote:PHIL HAS SPOKEN!!!! Early spring!!!!
Thank God. Best news I've heard in weeks. Time to put this monstrosity of winter to bed.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:18 am

Real news,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/02/02/groundhog-day-punxsutawney-phil-reveals-his-prediction/?utm_term=.2e5671a032c9
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:49 am

syosnow94 wrote:CP the masochist. Interesting.

I did not choose to live on this hell hole of an island or in the NY area PERIOD!  My wife and kids are an anchor. They won’t move. If it was up to me I’d live near Island Park Idaho in the Yellowstone area

Whoa Nellie here! Just recently you were declaring that "hell hole" you say you are living in the "snow capital of the world"! Wha happen???????LOL

Anyway, as a fly fisherman I can see why you would head out west for the best trout streams!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:43 pm

I will be in Spain all of next week, returning on the 10th. Look for next weekend's storm to come back on the models and bury you all while I am away, just like you all got the November snowstorm while I was in Nashville.

Also - I want to call out my team of moderators and Scott, fellow Admin, for keeping this place in order the last few days. Anyone who banters in the LR thread will have their posts moved to this thread, and we will suspend you if you have already been warned.

We do this to prevent the forum from going down the toilet. We want to keep it professional and education in the 'real' threads. If your words or sentences are anything but that...you will hear from one of us.

I get the frustration. It is what it is.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 pm

For those brave enough who issued winter outlooks...it is not looking good if the forecast called for snowier than normal winter.

Also, anything that falls outside of Met Winter (like November or March) I do not count.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 26 51097633_10213685063183186_823354417578246144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:For those brave enough who issued winter outlooks...it is not looking good if the forecast called for snowier than normal winter.

Also, anything that falls outside of Met Winter (like November or March) I do not count.

The PLAY PEN-- Banter Thread 4.0 - Page 26 51097633_10213685063183186_823354417578246144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Upstate NY and Northern New England did great, the rest of the northeast not so good.

That's usually the case, rarely will all sections of the northeast do well snow wise in the same month.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:For those brave enough who issued winter outlooks...it is not looking good if the forecast called for snowier than normal winter.

I think some actually still believe AN is still achievable. Steadfast and go down with the ship I guess. Albeit they probably count outside the DJF span.

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:43 am

Frank, I expected this once the pattern locked in to mild/rainy to cold/dry.These patterns are very stubborn and can benefit us like it did in '95-'96 by being locked into snowy or disappoint like this current season.After last years 84 inches up here I was dreading a return to the mean season and it's here so far.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Yea, I definitely will put more faith in Punxsutawney's forecast than anyone else right now. His long range can't be any worse than what we've seen already on these radars.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm

HectorO wrote:Yea, I definitely will put more faith in Punxsutawney's forecast than anyone else right now. His long range can't be any worse than what we've seen already on these radars.

The beast is correct 35-40% of the time. Yeah probably in line with current forecast. But Phil is a scam artist. Its decided even before the event when the hog has a conversation with the President of the secret society! Kinda like pro wrestling. Beware of Groundhog Mania I on pay per view. I'm betting against him.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum