NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+46
Elmer J Fudd, Billionaire
Bkdude
algae888
Irish
toople
jaydoy
richb521
crippo84
phil155
Judy Margolis
bloc1357
oldtimer
jimv45
Artechmetals
Scullybutcher
bobjohnsonforthehall
Taffy
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
Vinnydula
skinsfan1177
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
SoulSingMG
sroc4
sabamfa
Math23x7
frank 638
Radz
essexcountypete
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
heehaw453
Quietace
jmanley32
nutleyblizzard
dkodgis
docstox12
billg315
HectorO
Grselig
amugs
mwilli
mikeypizano
brownie
Frank_Wx
50 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 26 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Grselig Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Radz wrote:I see the towel being thrown in by many hobbyists and pro mets alike. Be careful what you wish for, this warm and snowless winter may transform into a cold and wet spring...

That is good for me. Cooler and wetter means grass stays green.

What do you do from Late Oct through March/April?  Do you do anything but cut grass?  It seems like you need to find a cold month hobby or job to tide you over.  

[X] Love this post

I think he made a killing plowing white gold. That’s dried up

Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:50 am

When winter hands you lemons I make lemonade.I'm saving on snowplowing ( sorry Mikey P) and also saving money heating the house!
As CP said above, it's been March the last few years so I am hanging on to my towel until March 15.Still in the game until then.I'm staying here through thick and thin.I've always said about the weather, and life in general, you have to scrape rock bottoms to enjoy the tops! Keep calm and carry on all!

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:19 pm

sroc4 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Radz wrote:I see the towel being thrown in by many hobbyists and pro mets alike. Be careful what you wish for, this warm and snowless winter may transform into a cold and wet spring...

That is good for me. Cooler and wetter means grass stays green.

What do you do from Late Oct through March/April?  Do you do anything but cut grass?  It seems like you need to find a cold month hobby or job to tide you over.  

Actually, I do leaves until December, sometimes even into December, and I do snow removal as well.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Consider my towel thrown in. Stick a fork in it and bring on spring. A little event here or there won't change much.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Where does the baroclinic zone setup determines February.  Pretty sure there will a few swfe overrunning type events.  If we are on the wrong side of zone, it'll be the most frustrating experience in this winter so far.  You'll have a significant snow just to the north of the zone and bupkis below it. This depiction is ice until you get to MHV or CT.

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 26 Barocl10

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:33 pm

heehaw453 wrote:Where does the baroclinic zone setup determines February.  Pretty sure there will a few swfe overrunning type events.  If we are on the wrong side of zone, it'll be the most frustrating experience in this winter so far.  You'll have a significant snow just to the north of the zone and bupkis below it.  This depiction is ice until you get to MHV or CT.

We are now looking at hour 336 of the GFS? Man we are stretching for anything. We all know ice rarely if ever happens let alone 336 hrs out.  I agree with most on here, warm up psring time and yard sales/flea markets on my weekends.  For those that do not know I am a picker and resell on ebay as a second income, and I do very well plus I love the hunt more than my job.  Not to say I do not like my job but if I could make buying and reselling on ebay full time I would.  I also need good steady medical and I get that at my job, self employed it becomes difficult and expensive.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:35 pm

More bad news, the procedure for my kidney stone did not work, this is why I continue to be in pain (though maybe I did not make it quite as apparent here) so I am likely going to try it again next Friday and if that does not work I will have to have invasive laser surgery and have a stent for 5 days which he said will basically make me feel miserable. My job (real one) is extremely physical and if I feel that bad I will be unable to work.  Lets pray the outpatient procedure works this time, maybe the stone needs a double shake up.  Nothing helps, though I am not in pain constantly but when it hits it hits. Kinda puts things in perspective, worry bout my health or worry bout getting snow? Honestly a big snowstorm would be aweful as theres no way I have the stamina to shovel two cars out, so if everyone around me gets a huge storm through say next two-3 weeks is fine with me.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:54 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
heehaw453 wrote:Where does the baroclinic zone setup determines February.  Pretty sure there will a few swfe overrunning type events.  If we are on the wrong side of zone, it'll be the most frustrating experience in this winter so far.  You'll have a significant snow just to the north of the zone and bupkis below it.  This depiction is ice until you get to MHV or CT.

We are now looking at hour 336 of the GFS? Man we are stretching for anything. We all know ice rarely if ever happens let alone 336 hrs out.  I agree with most on here, warm up psring time and yard sales/flea markets on my weekends.  For those that do not know I am a picker and resell on ebay as a second income, and I do very well plus I love the hunt more than my job.  Not to say I do not like my job but if I could make buying and reselling on ebay full time I would.  I also need good steady medical and I get that at my job, self employed it becomes difficult and expensive.

Not stretching for anything quite honestly, and there was no wish-casting in the statement. Regardless of how the winter is or isn't, I still think this is a weather board, no?

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:55 pm

jmanley32 wrote:More bad news, the procedure for my kidney stone did not work, this is why I continue to be in pain (though maybe I did not make it quite as apparent here) so I am likely going to try it again next Friday and if that does not work I will have to have invasive laser surgery and have a stent for 5 days which he said will basically make me feel miserable. My job (real one) is extremely physical and if I feel that bad I will be unable to work.  Lets pray the outpatient procedure works this time, maybe the stone needs a double shake up.  Nothing helps, though I am not in pain constantly but when it hits it hits. Kinda puts things in perspective, worry bout my health or worry bout getting snow? Honestly a big snowstorm would be aweful as theres no way I have the stamina to shovel two cars out, so if everyone around me gets a huge storm through say next two-3 weeks is fine with me.

Sorry to hear this. Chronic pain sucks and wish you the best.

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:07 pm

heehaw453 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

Not stretching for anything quite honestly, and there was no wish-casting in the statement.  Regardless of how the winter is or isn't, I still think this is a weather board, no?
Totally, just thought it was interesting you were posting a 336hr operational, of course you are free to post what you want, it is a icy situation verbatim. Maybe we go for number 2, it was pretty bad last time.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:30 pm

jmanley32 wrote:More bad news, the procedure for my kidney stone did not work, this is why I continue to be in pain (though maybe I did not make it quite as apparent here) so I am likely going to try it again next Friday and if that does not work I will have to have invasive laser surgery and have a stent for 5 days which he said will basically make me feel miserable. My job (real one) is extremely physical and if I feel that bad I will be unable to work.  Lets pray the outpatient procedure works this time, maybe the stone needs a double shake up.  Nothing helps, though I am not in pain constantly but when it hits it hits. Kinda puts things in perspective, worry bout my health or worry bout getting snow? Honestly a big snowstorm would be aweful as theres no way I have the stamina to shovel two cars out, so if everyone around me gets a huge storm through say next two-3 weeks is fine with me.
i am so sorry for what you are going through I hope and pray and everything works out for you please let us know how everything works for you stay positive and strong you will get through with this

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by phil155 Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:51 pm

2 weeks away? some thing will tells me this will also trend the same way as the others have. The pattern this year(thus far) is not conducive to us getting much of any snow. If there is a way for this to end up a rain event it will

phil155
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:11 pm

In response to heehaws post about feb 7th sorry but i pray there is no snow on the 7th (here anyways, let it rain). That is the date of my procedure and if it has to be rescheduled who knows how long that will be. god please no, watch this now happens.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:17 pm

jmanley32 wrote:In response to heehaws post about feb 7th sorry but i pray there is no snow on the 7th (here anyways, let it rain). That is the date of my procedure and if it has to be rescheduled who knows how long that will be. god please no, watch this now happens.
With this winter we’re having I doubt it’s gonna happen

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:36 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
heehaw453 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

Not stretching for anything quite honestly, and there was no wish-casting in the statement.  Regardless of how the winter is or isn't, I still think this is a weather board, no?
Totally, just thought it was interesting you were posting a 336hr operational, of course you are free to post what you want, it is a icy situation verbatim. Maybe we go for number 2, it was pretty bad last time.

Jman, you bring up a good point, but the point of that operational run of the 850mb temps was not to be taken literally. It was a nice representation of a baroclinic zone where waves of low pressure traverse. I believe these zones will setup and create overrunning events. February snow chances may come down to what side of the zone we are on. New England is favored in these kinds of things, but we'll see.

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Take a look at these photos of the sun. These are the best ever in detail and close aspect.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/world/sun-image-inouye-telescope-scn/index.html
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am

We all know this winter has been horrible for snow lovers I know winter is not over yet and the way the pattern has been I don’t see any changes anytime soon. What was the worst winter you guys remember . For me I would see the winter of 96 -97 /97-98/ 99-00 I say that because In those years I don’t think we ended up with double digit snowfall for the whole year and I think 97 or 98 in March for five days in a row temperatures were in the low to mid 80s . I am hoping this winter we will at least get one snowstorm that ends up being a Godzilla or rodzilla

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:43 am

frank 638 wrote:We all know this winter has been horrible for snow lovers I know winter is not over yet and the way the pattern has been I don’t see any changes anytime soon. What was the worst winter you guys remember . For me I would see the winter of 96 -97 /97-98/ 99-00 I say that because In those years I don’t think we ended up with double digit snowfall for the whole year and I think 97 or 98 in March for five days in a row temperatures were in the low to mid 80s . I am hoping this winter we will at least get one snowstorm that ends up being a Godzilla or rodzilla

1972-1973 with only a few inches and temps in the 70's in January.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:34 am

The overfed rodent out in central PA just predicted an early Spring. He didn’t explain anything about his methodology but it’s possible he was simply looking at tomorrow’s forecast.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:05 am

billg315 wrote:The overfed rodent out in central PA just predicted an early Spring. He didn’t explain anything about his methodology but it’s possible he was simply looking at tomorrow’s forecast.

haha split decision in the area, PA and Staten Island Chuck say early spring, the 2 on LI say 5 weeks of winter!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:48 am

They are all frauds. It’s a sick cult. Chuck or Phil are simply puppets of the “inner circle”. The decision was already made before he even looked for the shadow. No validity. It’s like pro wrestling but still pretending to be real. Those darn woodchucks.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:12 am

I already know what will happened for the spring rainy raw chilly conditions followed by hot humid summer then warm fall

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Come on you know the routine warm Feb and then chilly raw and rainy, wintry mix March and then comes April as the NAO goes Negative.
Little vermin they shine those bright lights on him so he sees his shadow every time?

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by heehaw453 Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:24 am

All.  Over or under on this map?  I'm not really sure which way to lean.

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 26 Snowfa12

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by phil155 Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:07 am

I will take the under

phil155
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:51 pm

All that digital snow is killing my back!!
Tropical Tidbit maps include sleet and freezing rain into their totals.
I believe they are 3 or 4:1 ratios.
ZR I have no idea what they do for their algorithms.
Funny how the GFS was always as warm biased model. Now it shows blizzards, monster storms and feet of snow totals and has been right when for this area??? But if it shows a cutter it will be right. Amazing.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:04 pm

The fat lady sang. Frank taking down the snow confidence index is all I need to know. Onto thunderstorms and hurricanes lol. Unless I missed st I haven't read today's posts. And heehaw lol at that gfs map 0% chance of any of that.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum