NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 6.0

+40
Radz
kalleg
phil155
Wheezer
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
jimv45
brownie
Math23x7
SoulSingMG
mikeypizano
DAYBLAZER
SkiSeadooJoe
Joe Snow
essexcountypete
aiannone
heehaw453
frank 638
mwilli
Irish
Scullybutcher
algae888
bobjohnsonforthehall
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
Dunnzoo
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
HectorO
TheAresian
dkodgis
GreyBeard
Grselig
snowday111
billg315
WeatherBob
Frank_Wx
44 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Empty Re: Banter Thread 6.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:Yes 
Billy Joel was terrific. He put on a great show. Even mixed in some Christmas songs and Led Zeppelin.
Saw him this time frame in 2019..it was a great show!! Glad you had a good time!

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:24 pm

amugs wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
frank 638 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Hey all been busy and Tuesday I was exposed for prolonged period at a work function to a coworker who tested + for covid next day. Got tested Thursday rapid was - however Friday I started having several symptoms. Tried to find place to get tested but couldn't. I found a home test which came up +. I wasn't surprised with how I feel. I'm not dying or anything just like a really bad cold and my cough has caused my ribs to hurt. I'm go miss see my family for Xmas which really sux. I wish this would all just end..
I am sorry for what u are going through. I just wish this dam virus was gone already instead of going forward we are going backwards. I hope you make a speedy recovery and you will have excellent news by Christmas 🎄 just rest relax and feel better keep us posted please

Frank. Make no mistake on two points. First this virus will not go away. We will have to live with it for likely generations to come the same way the seasonal flu and seasonal cold virus’ behave. It’s that type of virus. Point two in no way have we moved backwards. The current variant,Omicron, is the best news since sliced bread and CPcantmeasure snow back posting. When you analyze the data out of South Africa where it first started and now the UK and other European countries the Omicron variant is while very easily transmissible, a fraction of the virulence. Virulence is it’s ability to cause severe disease.
Throughout history these virus tend to evolve in this way. It makes sense to be a virus that doesn’t kill its host but can be transmitted easily. If the host gets too sick and or dies it will isolate and not be able to spread it as efficiently.

The TV news and social media echo chambers won’t allow the fear to subside just yet.  But fear not my friend we are in a much better place to day then we ever have been.

Keep in mind the reason there are so many positives this season is because now we test everyone who has a sniffle.

It is the same virus as the Spanish Flu - SARS.  What happens with everything in Nature - always turn to nature for your answer - it starts out strong and then dies out right? Look at weather as an analogy - CAT 5 Hcane comes onshore and wrecks havoc right? What happens when it goes inland over time?? It dies out - same as waves, same as animals attacking, anything and everything in  nature follows this principle if diminishing return.
AS teh South African Doctor who found this and reported said this is the best news that man should be embracing not the opposite. And in her words the end of this is very near if not here.

FEAR = False Evidence Appears Real

AS my son who is studying cognitive neurosciences research at the University of Tennessee masters program, author of 3 studies and co author of 2 so far said FEAR is what can grip man and make man do some of the unimaginable things. We are witnessing this presently and have. The physiological affects are astounding and it actually puts you in a state of paralysis and then the primal innate sense of help takes over and you'll follow WHATEVER your told thinking you'll be saved.
I had worse colds, flus than this when I was much younger and presumably healthier. My entire family had it.
Oh and CDC numbers shows only roughly but not more than 6% have died FROM the VID, I know 5 personal folks that passed WITH it not from it cause they HAD to be tested for the almighty dollar.
Lastly, a friend works Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and their 3 therapeutics are amazing against not only this but otehr virus's and can only be administered once at a certain threshold in teh hospital - he said that's BS doctors should be able to give this once symptomatic with fever and 48-72 hours later you'll be much better almost symptom free in their studies clinically.  FDA/CDC wont allow such measure - hmmmmm....
you guys are right it won't go away but I am a little surprised at you all that my being sick turned inbto this rather than well wishes other than weathermom and frank from the bronx. Just saying.  And my symptoms are more than a sniffle. And now my wife has tested positive and she is immunocompromised. Daughter is a question mark. As for xmas it is pretty much shot for us as we had plans all set to visit my elderly parents in CT but of course they do not want to get sick.  Whenever anyone on here is ill I wish them well, instead this turns into a argument, I am sorry I told you guys.

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by phil155 Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:51 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
amugs wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
frank 638 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Hey all been busy and Tuesday I was exposed for prolonged period at a work function to a coworker who tested + for covid next day. Got tested Thursday rapid was - however Friday I started having several symptoms. Tried to find place to get tested but couldn't. I found a home test which came up +. I wasn't surprised with how I feel. I'm not dying or anything just like a really bad cold and my cough has caused my ribs to hurt. I'm go miss see my family for Xmas which really sux. I wish this would all just end..
I am sorry for what u are going through. I just wish this dam virus was gone already instead of going forward we are going backwards. I hope you make a speedy recovery and you will have excellent news by Christmas 🎄 just rest relax and feel better keep us posted please

Frank. Make no mistake on two points. First this virus will not go away. We will have to live with it for likely generations to come the same way the seasonal flu and seasonal cold virus’ behave. It’s that type of virus. Point two in no way have we moved backwards. The current variant,Omicron, is the best news since sliced bread and CPcantmeasure snow back posting. When you analyze the data out of South Africa where it first started and now the UK and other European countries the Omicron variant is while very easily transmissible, a fraction of the virulence. Virulence is it’s ability to cause severe disease.
Throughout history these virus tend to evolve in this way. It makes sense to be a virus that doesn’t kill its host but can be transmitted easily. If the host gets too sick and or dies it will isolate and not be able to spread it as efficiently.

The TV news and social media echo chambers won’t allow the fear to subside just yet.  But fear not my friend we are in a much better place to day then we ever have been.

Keep in mind the reason there are so many positives this season is because now we test everyone who has a sniffle.

It is the same virus as the Spanish Flu - SARS.  What happens with everything in Nature - always turn to nature for your answer - it starts out strong and then dies out right? Look at weather as an analogy - CAT 5 Hcane comes onshore and wrecks havoc right? What happens when it goes inland over time?? It dies out - same as waves, same as animals attacking, anything and everything in  nature follows this principle if diminishing return.
AS teh South African Doctor who found this and reported said this is the best news that man should be embracing not the opposite. And in her words the end of this is very near if not here.

FEAR = False Evidence Appears Real

AS my son who is studying cognitive neurosciences research at the University of Tennessee masters program, author of 3 studies and co author of 2 so far said FEAR is what can grip man and make man do some of the unimaginable things. We are witnessing this presently and have. The physiological affects are astounding and it actually puts you in a state of paralysis and then the primal innate sense of help takes over and you'll follow WHATEVER your told thinking you'll be saved.
I had worse colds, flus than this when I was much younger and presumably healthier. My entire family had it.
Oh and CDC numbers shows only roughly but not more than 6% have died FROM the VID, I know 5 personal folks that passed WITH it not from it cause they HAD to be tested for the almighty dollar.
Lastly, a friend works Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and their 3 therapeutics are amazing against not only this but otehr virus's and can only be administered once at a certain threshold in teh hospital - he said that's BS doctors should be able to give this once symptomatic with fever and 48-72 hours later you'll be much better almost symptom free in their studies clinically.  FDA/CDC wont allow such measure - hmmmmm....
you guys are right it won't go away but I am a little surprised at you all that my being sick turned inbto this rather than well wishes other than weathermom and frank from the bronx. Just saying.  And my symptoms are more than a sniffle. And now my wife has tested positive and she is immunocompromised.  Daughter is a question mark. As for xmas it is pretty much shot for us as we had plans all set to visit my elderly parents in CT but of course they do not want to get sick.  Whenever anyone on here is ill I wish them well, instead this turns into a argument, I am sorry I told you guys.

I wish you and your wife well, it is very sad that everything about this virus has become more of a political issue for so many people

phil155
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

brownie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 am

Jon let me first start by saying I am glad you are ok and hope you're wife continues to have mild symptoms as well.  And of course I wish you and your family a very Merry Xmas.  That said your comments had zero bearing on the above responses.  For me it was more Franks responses.  It is extremely important to understand that A) this virus isn't going away.  And B) there is movement to frame this situation in a very specific way.  NY is 10% above the avg regarding vaccine status among its population, and has been one of the most extremes in its measures taken regarding mandates on masks and lock down etc; yet we surge in number of cases anyway.  Why?

If all you do to get your updates on this virus is watch the news you will only get doom and gloom.  Take a listen to the current update by Dr John Campbell and ask yourself why isnt this data being presented like this to us?  Why cant be both be careful and cautious, (because there is of course the reality that COVID can be a horrible disease for some), but at the same time offer the cautious optimism to the public that this current variant deserves given the data?

On the NYS Health Dept you view these graphs for yourself: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-data-new-york

You can clearly see that as of Dec 18th the Omicron variant has almost completely displace the Delta variant.  On Dec 4th there was only 2.4% of the diagnosed cases Omicron and 97.3% Delta.  But as of Dec 18th the numbers have almost flipped.  Now its 92% Omicron and only 7.9% Delta.  By now it is likely even more displacement.  But for some reason the second two graphs  haven't been updated since November 22nd.  It may be hard(click the link above and open the graph for yourself if its hard to read here) to see but those graphs are comparing the number of cases of vax'ed(red line) vs non vax'ed(blue line), and hospitalizations of vax'ed vs non vax'ed respectively.  The black line is the % of vax efficacy.  Ask yourself why would the number of cases be current, and the variant data be current, but this info not be?  You know when you go get tested they ask you if you're vax'ed or not.  Could it be that the number of cases in vax'ed individual is increasing and the number of vax'ed individuals in the hospital is increasing?  Well the answer to that is yes to both regardless of them updating the publicly available data or not.  So what happens to the narrative of "YOU MUST GET VAX"ED to save you and stop the spread" If the truth of the matter is even though the vax without question helps to reduce the severity of the disease you can still get the disease, you can still get severely ill from the disease, you can still die from the disease, and the vaccine will not prevent future variants from occurring and the seasonal surges that will continue to occur due to the nature of this type of virus.  Again I cant stress this last sentence point more.  

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Omicro10
Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Cases_10
Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Hosp_v10
Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Surges10

There are very safe and effective EARLY treatment options available.  Typically its not one specific treatment but a multimodal approach combining things that seems to be most effective..  But for some reason most Dr's will still tell most of you with mild symptoms to go home and see how you do first.  They will tell you to only go get them if your symptoms become worse or dire, esp if you are not in the obese, or elderly or other comorbidity category.  Problem is is if you wait to get some of these treatments the treatments themselves become less effective.  And remember its not the virus itself that kills its the over reaction to the immune system that does, and this doesn't occur in many instances for 5-10days after symptoms have started.  Things like the monoclonal antibodies, and hydroxychloroquine are very safe and have been proven to be extremely effective at preventing severe illness esp if administered within the first few days of symptoms.  

Right now by people like Fauci, and the left wing politicians all you hear about is get vaccinated or else.  Or else you wont be able to do this or that, and you will suffer.  Once again last night during the football game all I saw was commercials by that D talking about how serious COVID is and how everyone needs to be vaccinated, but NOTHING about how to protect yourself if you do end up positive.  WHY Cant the narrative from our public officials be more like:

"COVID-19 has proven to still be able to infect both unvaccinated, vaccinated, and those with natural immunity.  Given the nature of this type of virus it will likely be around for a long time to come, as mutations are typical due to selective pressures, and a continued seasonal component is likely much in the same way that other similar respiratory viruses behave such as the common cold and the flu virus.  Despite this the current variant, although we are not entirely sure just yet; more time is needed, the data coming out of the rest of the world seems to indicate that this variant is not causing as severe disease as previous variants despite it being more easily transmissible.  If you test positive regardless of your vaccine status you should talk to your Dr immediately about early treatment options because this will greatly reduce your chances at developing some of the more serious or fatal complications from COVID-19, AND if you haven't already you should consider getting vaccinated to help reduce your risk of severe illness.  With a multilayered approach we can save lives and not have to live in fear anymore."
--sroc4

Ill end with this.  There is hope.  You have to realize that for some reason the blue states are not allowing the public to hear all the info.  There is still plenty of truth behind what they say.  Like I've always said vaccines are extremely important, but please know that there are options out there other than just the vax to help reduce your chances of severe illness.  The current variant is proving much less severe.  DONT EVER BELIVE ANYONE WHO SAYS THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY OR THAT THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED.  Science is never settled.  As soon as someone says it is is when someone needs to start challenging the science.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:38 am

I don’t wan’t to start a political war; and of all places a weather chat room, but the only way we’re going to eradicate or at the very least make this pandemic much more tolerable is to get vaccinated. My wife and I got our booster shots a few weeks ago. Nothing makes me more miffed then a non vaccinated person. A lot of people I believe followed Trump’s lead, which is strange to me since he’s vaccinated himself. Then there are other people who are scared or unsure of the vaccine’s possible side effects. Lastly there are individuals who simply don’t want to do what their told. Now I admit that the vaccination and ensuing booster shot that my wife and I received is not 100% effective. Sure we can still get sick from this dreaded disease, but rest assured I like my chances much more of avoiding serious illness with this vaccine then not.

Last edited by nutleyblizzard on Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:39 am

sroc4 wrote:Jon let me first start by saying I am glad you are ok and hope you're wife continues to have mild symptoms as well.  And of course I wish you and your family a very Merry Xmas.  That said your comments had zero bearing on the above responses.  For me it was more Franks responses.  It is extremely important to understand that A) this virus isn't going away.  And B) there is movement to frame this situation in a very specific way.  NY is 10% above the avg regarding vaccine status among its population, and has been one of the most extremes in its measures taken regarding mandates on masks and lock down etc; yet we surge in number of cases anyway.  Why?

If all you do to get your updates on this virus is watch the news you will only get doom and gloom.  Take a listen to the current update by Dr John Campbell and ask yourself why isnt this data being presented like this to us?  Why cant be both be careful and cautious, (because there is of course the reality that COVID can be a horrible disease for some), but at the same time offer the cautious optimism to the public that this current variant deserves given the data?

On the NYS Health Dept you view these graphs for yourself: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-data-new-york

You can clearly see that as of Dec 18th the Omicron variant has almost completely displace the Delta variant.  On Dec 4th there was only 2.4% of the diagnosed cases Omicron and 97.3% Delta.  But as of Dec 18th the numbers have almost flipped.  Now its 92% Omicron and only 7.9% Delta.  By now it is likely even more displacement.  But for some reason the second two graphs  haven't been updated since November 22nd.  It may be hard(click the link above and open the graph for yourself if its hard to read here) to see but those graphs are comparing the number of cases of vax'ed(red line) vs non vax'ed(blue line), and hospitalizations of vax'ed vs non vax'ed respectively.  The black line is the % of vax efficacy.  Ask yourself why would the number of cases be current, and the variant data be current, but this info not be?  You know when you go get tested they ask you if you're vax'ed or not.  Could it be that the number of cases in vax'ed individual is increasing and the number of vax'ed individuals in the hospital is increasing?  Well the answer to that is yes to both regardless of them updating the publicly available data or not.  So what happens to the narrative of "YOU MUST GET VAX"ED to save you and stop the spread" If the truth of the matter is even though the vax without question helps to reduce the severity of the disease you can still get the disease, you can still get severely ill from the disease, you can still die from the disease, and the vaccine will not prevent future variants from occurring and the seasonal surges that will continue to occur due to the nature of this type of virus.  Again I cant stress this last sentence point more.  

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Omicro10
Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Cases_10
Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Hosp_v10
Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 Surges10

There are very safe and effective EARLY treatment options available.  Typically its not one specific treatment but a multimodal approach combining things that seems to be most effective..  But for some reason most Dr's will still tell most of you with mild symptoms to go home and see how you do first.  They will tell you to only go get them if your symptoms become worse or dire, esp if you are not in the obese, or elderly or other comorbidity category.  Problem is is if you wait to get some of these treatments the treatments themselves become less effective.  And remember its not the virus itself that kills its the over reaction to the immune system that does, and this doesn't occur in many instances for 5-10days after symptoms have started.  Things like the monoclonal antibodies, and hydroxychloroquine are very safe and have been proven to be extremely effective at preventing severe illness esp if administered within the first few days of symptoms.  

Right now by people like Fauci, and the left wing politicians all you hear about is get vaccinated or else.  Or else you wont be able to do this or that, and you will suffer.  Once again last night during the football game all I saw was commercials by that D talking about how serious COVID is and how everyone needs to be vaccinated, but NOTHING about how to protect yourself if you do end up positive.  WHY Cant the narrative from our public officials be more like:

"COVID-19 has proven to still be able to infect both unvaccinated, vaccinated, and those with natural immunity.  Given the nature of this type of virus it will likely be around for a long time to come, as mutations are typical due to selective pressures, and a continued seasonal component is likely much in the same way that other similar respiratory viruses behave such as the common cold and the flu virus.  Despite this the current variant, although we are not entirely sure just yet; more time is needed, the data coming out of the rest of the world seems to indicate that this variant is not causing as severe disease as previous variants despite it being more easily transmissible.  If you test positive regardless of your vaccine status you should talk to your Dr immediately about early treatment options because this will greatly reduce your chances at developing some of the more serious or fatal complications from COVID-19, AND if you haven't already you should consider getting vaccinated to help reduce your risk of severe illness.  With a multilayered approach we can save lives and not have to live in fear anymore."
--sroc4

Ill end with this.  There is hope.  You have to realize that for some reason the blue states are not allowing the public to hear all the info.  There is still plenty of truth behind what they say.  Like I've always said vaccines are extremely important, but please know that there are options out there other than just the vax to help reduce your chances of severe illness.  The current variant is proving much less severe.  DONT EVER BELIVE ANYONE WHO SAYS THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY OR THAT THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED.  Science is never settled.  As soon as someone says it is is when someone needs to start challenging the science.
I will agree with some things here but not getting into argument, I lost my smell last night and I was all set to get monoclonal this morning until I found out that NY is cancelling all appointments because the treatment type they have does not work on omicron. What a buch horseshit. So I am in high risk for a number of reasons. I doubt I will be able to get it as the voicemail I missed cancelling it said maybe they will have in the coming weeks or months? Well by then I will be dead or better. Pretty sure it'll be the second. What I found odd was they couldn't tell me what variant it was even though I had the PCR lab test. So how do they know what percentage of cases is what if they do not know? Or is the doctor lying to me and in fact they know but why would they keep it from patients? I am more concerned about the wife, and keeping my daughter negative. And I do not live in fear but am cautious and I kinda let my guard down and look what happened. This all broke out at a all vaccinated and unmasked holiday party at work, so stupid of them to hold it as people keep coming up positive.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:48 am

nutleyblizzard wrote:I don’t wan’t to start a political war; and of all places a weather chat room, but the only way we’re going to eradicate or at the very least make this pandemic much more tolerable is to get vaccinated. My wife and I got our booster shots a few weeks ago. Nothing makes me more miffed then a non vaccinated person. A lot of people I believe followed Trump’s lead, which is strange to me since he’s vaccinated himself. Then there are other people who are scared or unsure of the vaccine’s possible side effects. Lastly there are individuals who simply don’t want to do what their told. Now I admit that the vaccination and ensuing booster shot that my wife and I received is not 100% effective. Sure we can still get sick from this dreaded disease, but rest assured I like my chances much more of avoiding serious illness with this vaccine then not.
The last part you wrote is important. It appears with each variant that the virus is getting weaker, though Omicron appears much more easily transmittable it is causing far less severe cases, hospitalizations are not soaring like in early 2020. I firmly believe this is due to vaccine, as far as being told what to do, no one can tell you what to do but they sure are making it difficult for people who won't get vaccinated. But it is true the best way to eradicate it is more vaccination. This will eventually become like the flu, I think Scott or Al said such. And Scott yes, science is ever changing, nothing is ever set in stone, even Fauci continually changes his mind. At that I end this discussion at least here, this should be in banter outside of the weather area, or maybe we should all just take it easy and enjoy the holidays (though we really can't but we will make the best of it, all of the plans and goodies are at my parents house where we planned to be, we then decided maybe New Years but now the wife has to quarantine till 1st.), nothing is worse than getting a forum fired up. Any updates on thew weather? I would love some snow please!! To boost my spirits.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:08 am

jmanley32 wrote:
nutleyblizzard wrote:I don’t wan’t to start a political war; and of all places a weather chat room, but the only way we’re going to eradicate or at the very least make this pandemic much more tolerable is to get vaccinated. My wife and I got our booster shots a few weeks ago. Nothing makes me more miffed then a non vaccinated person. A lot of people I believe followed Trump’s lead, which is strange to me since he’s vaccinated himself. Then there are other people who are scared or unsure of the vaccine’s possible side effects. Lastly there are individuals who simply don’t want to do what their told. Now I admit that the vaccination and ensuing booster shot that my wife and I received is not 100% effective. Sure we can still get sick from this dreaded disease, but rest assured I like my chances much more of avoiding serious illness with this vaccine then not.
The last part you wrote is important.  It appears with each variant that the virus is getting weaker, though Omicron appears much more easily transmittable it is causing far less severe cases, hospitalizations are not soaring like in early 2020.  I firmly believe this is due to vaccine, as far as being told what to do, no one can tell you what to do but they sure are making it difficult for people who won't get vaccinated. But it is true the best way to eradicate it is more vaccination.  This will eventually become like the flu, I think Scott or Al said such. And Scott yes, science is ever changing, nothing is ever set in stone, even Fauci continually changes his mind.  At that I end this discussion at least here, this should be in banter outside of the weather area, or maybe we should all just take it easy and enjoy the holidays (though we really can't but we will make the best of it, all of the plans and goodies are at my parents house where we planned to be, we then decided maybe New Years but now the wife has to quarantine till 1st.), nothing is worse than getting a forum fired up.  Any updates on thew weather? I would love some snow please!! To boost my spirits.  
Nothing really new on the impending pattern flip. If anything it looks like the models back peddled some. We can forget about any snow in December it looks like toast. Still hoping for the pattern to change after the new year. That PNA and MJO are killing us right now. The important thing Jman is for you and your wife to be healthy. Hang in there. Hopefully soon we’ll be having a discussion on who’s in the snow jackpot zone. My thoughts and blessings are with you both.

nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:56 am

JMAN I hope you and your wife are feeling better soon. Have a Merry Xmas and enjoy the holiday.
The gradient is to our North by about 100 miles at this time and will fluctuate up and down with the PNA and NAO fighting - I am hoping more down than up as we move into boreal winter. BUT I trust in the evolution of the pattern. Amazing how it takes so much to align for the winter pattern to set up for cold and snow.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Nuts a civilized conversation among people who are in the end looking to achieve the same thing is what needed so thank you for doing so.   First things first.  Trump has zero to do with this conversation.  And regarding the statement that "people are following Trumps lead which is weird because he is vaccinated" what are you talking about?  Trump has always promoted getting the vaccine.  Before the election he was the one over the summer 2020 who said we would have it available before the new year.  It was the current administration who claimed no way we would have it that soon, and if they did if its from Trump they would never take it.  Biden said it Pelosi, all of them.  Check you tube and you can find all sorts of videos of this.  Trump always maintained the notion that you should talk to your Dr. and people should get the vaccine if its right for them, esp those in high risk categories.  Heck that's why he got it.  Hes an old man which we know age plays a huge role in severity.  

But honestly we have to let go of Trump.  This is way beyond how you may feel of the man.  The real question is why would an unvaccinated person make you miffed?  Why do you think that the only way out of this is for "everyone" to be vaccinated? These sound like regurgitated talking points to those with the narrative telling people what to do.  

For some reason people are being seduced to think that someone unvaccinated is somehow a bad person or somehow the reason we are still in this mess.  The data around the world and in our own country just does not support that claim at all.  So Why then do you believe that?  Because remember the facts across the globe that unvaccinated, vaccinated, and those with natural immunity(regardless of vax status) can still get and transmit the disease and can still get and get serious illness from the disease.  So again if you can get it with or without a vacc what is it specifically about someone who is unvaccinated that makes you so mad?  Is it because you think the rules and regulations will let up if everyone gets vaxed?  Or is it because you keep hearing over and over and over in the talking circles you are surrounded in that you should blame the unvaxed?  

Regarding the side effects of the vaccine itself.  They are real.  It is quite clear when looking at the data globally as well as within our VAERS system that there are signals that need to be looked at.  And people have as much right to be concerned with a particular side effect from the vaccine as they do from the virus.  At least in a free society.  Your circumstances, health status, co-morbities are your concerns and determine your risk factors for you, and mine are mine.  We do not have the same risk factors.  Me, a middle aged male at the age of 44, have different risk factors than that of a 74 yr old, as well as different risk factors than that of my 13yr old son.  

When you look at the data there are several things you need to make sure you know are true, even if you don't believe it.  1) Natural immunity is a real thing.  The data shows it to be as strong at a minimum, but most of the 137 studies out there show it to be more robust and last longer than Vaccine alone.  The latest data out of Israel does also show that a person with natural immunity that gets boostered has even more robust and long lived immunity that Natural immunity alone.  

Natural immunity has been a thing for every bacterial, viral, and/or fungal infection that has ever affected our species as well as pretty much every other species for as long as time.  Long before human morals and politics came into play, as ancient hominids when a human came into contact with a pathogen if their immune stystem didnt clear the bug they died.  No medicine or vaccines to save them.  However, if they somehow survived the pathogen their immune system then became primed to react to that pathogen once again should they encounter it.  If that individual was fort enough to not be eaten by a big predetor or killed by a rival tribe and went on to procreate, they passed on genes to their progeny that then had a higher chance of surviving along with the antibodies passed on through moms milk.  This is survival of the fittest, and the way mother nature still works with pretty much every other species on the planet when uninterrupted by human intervention.  The fact that this natural immunity discussion is not a part of policies, shit its not even allowed to be posted about on social media(try posting something with the hashtag #natural immunity) on Instagram and see what happens.  This should tell you that something isnt right.  

The part of your comment that has me most concerned though is the statement "there are individuals who simply don’t want to do what their told".   Wow is all I have to say.  What if Im a nurse working at a NYS hospital saving lives, but after both having the disease already and after my original 2 vaccines I had a serious complication that my Doctor "TOLD" me to not get the booster because it may kill me?  But the politician is telling me that I have to get the jab you will be fired. Who do I listen to?  Who should tell me what to do in that situation?  These scenarios are real my friend.  

This is not a one size fits all Nuts.  For my 13yr old son, according to the data the risk of myocarditis from the vaccines is actually higher, even though its still a low risk, than it is for serious disease or death from getting the virus.  On top of that my son already got the virus and has natural immunity, and is a multisport in shape athlete. Does this eliminate his risk of sever illness?  Of course not, but it certainly markedly reduces the risk factors, and yet Hochul wants to mandate vaccines for all kids over 5 by next fall.  Think about that.  

The only way I can imagine you making these statements above is either A) you simply have not been informed that this other data and discussions actually excit, or B) you refuse to believe its true and cont to simply "do as your told" regardless of any other evidence to the contrary.

The analogy might go like this:  Youve been in your house and have been told by the TV sky is yellow and there is so much traffic on your street that if you even attempt to go outside and cross the street you will be hit and either severely injured or killed.  Dont even bother trying.  

But there are people calling you saying if you just step outside for a few moments you will see the sky isnt yellow its actually blue, and while yes there are cars driving down your street, but if you take a few precautions there are ways to actually cross the street safely as well as return to the other side.  The risk isnt zero but there are multiple ways to mitigate your risk factors to do it safely.  

Too many people refuse to ever come out to see for themselves feeling its just safer to stay indoors and trust that the people telling them what to do know best.  Others have walked outside and still refuse to believe the sky is blue despite seeing it with their own eyes, and refuse to believe that there are several ways to cross the street safely.  Instead choose to go back inside and cont to believe the sky is yellow.  

Last edited by sroc4 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Frank_Wx, docstox12, amugs, CPcantmeasuresnow and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:14 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
The last part you wrote is important.  It appears with each variant that the virus is getting weaker, though Omicron appears much more easily transmittable it is causing far less severe cases, hospitalizations are not soaring like in early 2020.  I firmly believe this is due to vaccine, as far as being told what to do, no one can tell you what to do but they sure are making it difficult for people who won't get vaccinated. But it is true the best way to eradicate it is more vaccination.  This will eventually become like the flu, I think Scott or Al said such. And Scott yes, science is ever changing, nothing is ever set in stone, even Fauci continually changes his mind.  At that I end this discussion at least here, this should be in banter outside of the weather area, or maybe we should all just take it easy and enjoy the holidays (though we really can't but we will make the best of it, all of the plans and goodies are at my parents house where we planned to be, we then decided maybe New Years but now the wife has to quarantine till 1st.), nothing is worse than getting a forum fired up.  Any updates on thew weather? I would love some snow please!! To boost my spirits.  

Agreed Jman. Thats the last Ill speak of it this year

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:33 pm

I know it's relatively early in the game but watching and waiting for these pattern changes is worse than watching paint dry. At least I know the paint will eventually dry, will the pattern ever change? You just never know, it's already been set back a few weeks.

WTS blowing off December is always difficult for me. For many reasons there's nothing as soul satisfying as a good, cold, snowy December. Sun angle is very low, so 30's barely touches the pack, Christmas season and three more months of winter ahead.

When December does produce like last year with 12-13 inches of snow on December 16-17 we get the cutter of all cutters Christmas Eve night to take a beautiful Christmas landscape and destroy it in one eight hour period. I'm still not over waking up last Christmas to a sea of green and a few beaten down piles of snow at the end of the driveway. I've been in therapy three days a week since then, still trying to make sense of it.

Please donate when you can to the GoFundme page I setup for 2022's therapy sessions.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Frank_Wx, rb924119, brownie, dkodgis, heehaw453, weatherwatchermom and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I know it's relatively early in the game but watching and waiting for these pattern changes is worse than watching paint dry. At least I know the paint will eventually dry, will the pattern ever change? You just never know, it's already been set back a few weeks.

WTS blowing off December is always difficult for me. For many reasons there's nothing as soul satisfying as a good, cold, snowy December. Sun angle is very low, so 30's barely touches the pack, Christmas season and three more months of winter ahead.

When December does produce like last year with 12-13 inches of snow on December 16-17 we get the cutter of all cutters Christmas Eve night to take a beautiful Christmas landscape and destroy it in one eight hour period. I'm still not over waking up last Christmas to a sea of green and a few beaten down piles of snow at the end of the driveway. I've been in therapy three days a week since then, still trying to make sense of it.

Please donate when you can to the GoFundme page I setup for 2022's therapy sessions.

I don’t have the data to back this up, but the last several years it’s felt like the atmosphere needed to do omens work to change into a winter pattern. I bet much of this has to do with the Pacific and raging La Niña. However, the Pacific has not been conducive in promoting -EPO/+PNA patterns in what’s felt like 4-5 years. We’ve certainly had our share of show despite that, but the sustained and continued cold and snow chances are slightly diminished without those teles on our side.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

heehaw453 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:37 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I know it's relatively early in the game but watching and waiting for these pattern changes is worse than watching paint dry. At least I know the paint will eventually dry, will the pattern ever change? You just never know, it's already been set back a few weeks.

CP, after the 1964 Christmas when it hit 60 degrees in NYC, I have had the same issue as you suffering every time there is a "green" Christmas.Years of intense Psychotherapy, including being locked in an icebox for an hour to simulate a cold and snowy Christmas, a form of snowlectric shock therapy, proved fruitless.Many years later, I came upon this ingenious form of self therapy which I offer to you in lieu of cash funding.Think of it as a small Christmas gift from one friend to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfqAM_a2Md0

If that doesn't work, then just pretend you are here:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=175&y=239&site=rev&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=175&map_y=239#.YcRtN-jMKUk
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow, rb924119, dkodgis, heehaw453 and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:40 pm

OMG CP is back and funnier than ever!!

amugs
amugs

CPcantmeasuresnow and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:32 pm

amugs wrote:OMG CP is back and funnier than ever!!

It just wasn't the same without him. Its like making the Sunday gravy but leaving out the garlic.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

CPcantmeasuresnow and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:19 pm

I am a clinician now CP as of June 1st 2021 and I will charge a reduced rate for you my friend, going rate in NY is $125 for a 45 min session I will charge you a promise "no bashing me if I get excited about a storm you do not like lol" This was a joke I hope you get it. It does stink we did not get snow or will not in December.  My mood is way down now and a good snow would make me happy.  So crossing my fingers for us both.

Just a small update the wife is now positive for COVID as of I think 2 days ago so though I can return to work on the 27th if I have no symptoms she now has to wait until the 30th, luckily she was off this coming week already anyways for our daughters break. Shes being a very good girl being she is missing all the holiday goodies that grandma and pop pop had planned for us and that we cannot make up for cuz we cannot go anywhere. But it will probably be held in mid january at their house once we are all cross our fingers well : ) Happy Holidays to everyone nonetheless!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:46 pm

jmanley32 wrote:

I am a clinician now CP as of June 1st 2021 and I will charge a reduced rate for you my friend, going rate in NY is $125 for a 45 min session I will charge you a promise "no bashing me if I get excited about a storm you do not like lol" This was a joke I hope you get it. It does stink we did not get snow or will not in December.  My mood is way down now and a good snow would make me happy.  So crossing my fingers for us both.

Just a small update the wife is now positive for COVID as of I think 2 days ago so though I can return to work on the 27th if I have no symptoms she now has to wait until the 30th, luckily she was off this coming week already anyways for our daughters break. Shes being a very good girl being she is missing all the holiday goodies that grandma and pop pop had planned for us and that we cannot make up for cuz we cannot go anywhere. But it will probably be held in mid january at their house once we are all cross our fingers well : )  Happy Holidays to everyone nonetheless!

Hey jman,

Sorry I haven't responded, but dealing with a covid case myself. My daughter got sick last weekend so I've been having to take care of her. She was only sick for 2 days thankfully and is on the mend. I hope you all have mild cases and get through it ok. If you feel terrible and with your being a high risk, go to the hospital, screw the Drs. It's important to get the resenivir treatment sooner rather than later. We are having a 2 household holiday, and will visit via skype. Mom had all the food bought so she is preparing take-out for us lol. I think this is the first Christmas Eve in 60 years that I won't be with my mom. But, it is what it is, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear about your covid cases john and Janet. Better days are a short while away Smile

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:40 am

Fast healing to all who have this.Thank God this Omicron is a weaker strain.I read viruses mutate into weaker strains.It will burn itself out eventually just like the 1918-1920 pandemic did, all without any vaccine back then.A buddy of mine almost 70, got it and he bounced back within 3 or 4 days.Merck and Pfizer just had pills approved by the FDA.As Frank said above, better times ahead.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:43 am

jmanley32 wrote:

Just a small update the wife is now positive for COVID as of I think 2 days ago so though I can return to work on the 27th if I have no symptoms she now has to wait until the 30th, luckily she was off this coming week already anyways for our daughters break. Shes being a very good girl being she is missing all the holiday goodies that grandma and pop pop had planned for us and that we cannot make up for cuz we cannot go anywhere. But it will probably be held in mid january at their house once we are all cross our fingers well : )  Happy Holidays to everyone nonetheless!

Jman, hilarious offering CP counseling!
Hang in there, you are all young and strong and will beat this.Great that this will be made up in mid January for your daughter.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:54 am

Sorry to hear about the Covid cases in our little community here, Jman and Janet. I hope you and your families are back to good health very soon.

I had early Christmas dinner on Tuesday with a couple of good friends, but will be staying home for Christmas itself as I am high risk for Covid and don’t want to take any chances.  But I did get some squid yesterday morning, so will be making stuffed calamari for myself later on.  Enough for two days!

If you’re looking for some Christmas cheer, I highly recommend NYBG Glow at the NY Botanical Garden.  It is absolutely lovely!

Banter Thread 6.0 - Page 24 7-D71282-D-2-CFE-4-C64-8-DC8-E513-F8-C8797-E

Merry Christmas to everyone!  santa

brownie

heehaw453 and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:48 am

Here is some hilarious fun : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXN85TJabg

AND IT SNOWED!! I sadly missed it but seeing it white out on xmas eve morning is amazing.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:52 am

Dunnzoo wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

Hey jman,

Sorry I haven't responded, but dealing with a covid case myself. My daughter got sick last weekend so I've been having to take care of her. She was only sick for 2 days thankfully and is on the mend. I hope you all have mild cases and get through it ok. If you feel terrible and with your being a high risk, go to the hospital, screw the Drs. It's important to get the resenivir treatment sooner rather than later. We are having a 2 household holiday, and will visit via skype. Mom had all the food bought so she is preparing take-out for us lol. I think this is the first Christmas Eve in 60 years that I won't be with my mom. But, it is what it is, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you Janet. Hope your daughter gets well too. I feel pretty good it just stinks having to stay couped up even after feeling better, I can stop quarentine on 26th thank god.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:03 am

Prayers for health to all our wx blog family members who are sick this Holiday. Health and a speedy recovery.

Can this happen here?? We PAC NW gets a brutal taste this upcoming week!!

amugs
amugs

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:34 am

I hope and pray for a Christmas miracles for our family members . jman Janet and whoever else sick I hope everyone feels better and makes a speedy recovery.think positive 🙏🙏🙏

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:16 pm

I hope all of you have a wonderful, spiritually rewarding Christmas Eve and Day. I also just want to sneak in one more quick round of thanks for all the time that so many of you invest in your posts. Not just the weather but of whatever nature. I've learned many valuable lessons on this board. Some about the weather, some about all of you, and some about myself! Anyhow, let's hope for the best in early '22. I want it to snow on the warmacists' parade so bad. lol Cheers!
santa

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum: