NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 8.0

+44
Carvin
Bkdude
Frozen.9
kalleg
JT33
WinterColdandSnowisamyth
aiannone
phil155
Coachgriff
lglickman1
mmanisca
MattyICE
2004blackwrx
Scullybutcher
TheAresian
essexcountypete
mikeypizano
RJB8525
Radz
brownie
nutleyblizzard
Grselig
richb521
Math23x7
dolphins222
CPcantmeasuresnow
crippo84
Quietace
rb924119
heehaw453
Irish
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
weatherwatchermom
frank 638
jmanley32
dkodgis
billg315
sroc4
amugs
SENJsnowman
Frank_Wx
HectorO
docstox12
48 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

nywx - Banter Thread 8.0 - Page 24 Empty Re: Banter Thread 8.0

Post by docstox12 Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:15 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/newyork/news/remembering-our-beloved-colleague-elise-finch/

So saddened by this news

Very sad to hear of this too.So young, only 51.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

essexcountypete and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:13 pm

Doc, taling about mast years with plentiful acorns..next year we will have...a boatload of chipmunks. That is my take. When I have walked across the yard and looked down to see acorns by my ankles, I remember the next year. Freeloading chipmunks everywhere and attacking my tomatoes. I might add I am using bio warfare again the chipmunks this year-with great success. Peppermint spray seems to work. In and around the plants, it works. The same may be said for Deer Guard. It is a hideously smelling spray that keeps deer off of the perennials. After an hour, neither spray is smelled but I guess it is still there. A couple of times the first week, then once a week. Works.

As for the young lady, euphemistically speaking...the word "sudden" means she took thinks into her own hands. I hope I am wrong. There never is a rhyme nor reason about depression or anything in and around that choice. Loved ones who are left suffer her absence.

dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:47 pm

I have used that Deer repellent here too,just awful but effective.Had many chipmunks on my Mahwah property, they drive you nuts with their "chip,chip,chip" sound.Here in Monroe, I have none but I think the many hawks above and red foxes keep them in line.
Sudden could be what you say or a heart attack or stroke.That stuff happens more and more when you are over 50.When you hit 70, you are one CT Scan away from a Doc saying "get your affairs in order".At almost 73, I well know that!Every day is a precious gift that should be unwrapped carefully.Extra credit for the WCBS-FM DJ that said that each day,LOL.

Gotta bring some weather stuff in this post.From all the rain the last few weeks, my lawn looks like early May, emerald green all over.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:37 pm

They've been saying that the local waters are getting cleaner, but here's something you don't see every day. Video is longer than it should be, so just watch the first minute or so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/that-s-insane-whale-breaches-near-verrazzano-narrows-bridge-in-new-york-city/vi-AA1e5hbt?ocid=socialshare&cvid=ed333f04d5844cbc9abe44e3224239d2&ei=11

If this keeps up, I can see them upping the fare on the Staten Island ferry because it includes whale watching.  

Here's a better link than one above.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/that-is-insane-giant-whale-breaches-water-in-new-york-city-stunning-local-fisherman/vi-AA1e8uYr?ocid=socialshare&cvid=289ab53ea71a41b89c490d3177ec315e&ei=24

Last edited by GreyBeard on Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 and essexcountypete like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:01 pm

GreyBeard wrote:They've been saying that the local waters are getting cleaner, but here's something you don't see every day. Video is longer than it should be, so just watch the first minute or so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/that-s-insane-whale-breaches-near-verrazzano-narrows-bridge-in-new-york-city/vi-AA1e5hbt?ocid=socialshare&cvid=ed333f04d5844cbc9abe44e3224239d2&ei=11

If this keeps up, I can see them upping the fare on the Staten Island ferry because it includes whale watching.

This is amazing! Took at least 10 headboats out of Atlantic Highlands right near here for 10 years or so after 2000, and never saw anything like that.Would have been a riot if the whale took the guys bait,LOL.Anyway, if it indicated cleaner water , that's great.My Dad and I went out a few times way north of here ,the GWB boat launch in Fort Lee in a small motorboat and the Hudson back then was a running sewer in 1962.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

GreyBeard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:20 pm

Lol docstox, I was thinking the same thing about one of those guys getting hooked up. I remember as a kid the Hudson River was as you so aptly described "a running sewer". Must have been a beautiful site when the native americans were the only inhabitants.

Spurred on by this siting, I came across this organization that one wouldn't expect to find in NYC.

https://gothamwhale.org/mission/

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:07 pm

I am entering my dotage...my daughter convinced me to go see Barbie with her...and I liked it. I thought it was good. Oppenheimer is a provocative movie; one of the best I have seen in a long time. Better than Indiana Jones and the Dial of Whatever. It is going to be a rainy day tomorrow. Doc, let's get some of the board out to the Bijou tomorrow. A real blast...some pizza, beer, and a movie. Why not?
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:46 pm

dkodgis wrote:I am entering my dotage...my daughter convinced me to go see Barbie with her...and I liked it. I thought it was good.  Oppenheimer is a provocative movie; one of the best I have seen in a long time. Better than Indiana Jones and the Dial of Whatever.  It is going to be a rainy day tomorrow. Doc, let's get some of the board out to the Bijou tomorrow. A real blast...some pizza, beer, and a movie. Why not?

Sounds good to me Damian. Brought back a memory of when the local movie theatre was a big deal.The one where I grew up in Fort Lee NJ had the sign that read "come in, it's AIR CONDITIONED inside",LOL.The manager would leave a few front doors open so you got a blast of cold air.This was 1960 or 1961 when few and far between people had AC.Admission 50 cents, candy 25 cents a box , cartoon and two movies.HEAVEN.Great way to spend a sweltering summer day.

I will wait to see Oppenheimer when it comes to video.Gonna pass on Barbie,though,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:56 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Lol docstox, I was thinking the same thing about one of those guys getting hooked up. I remember as a kid the Hudson River was as you so aptly described "a running sewer". Must have been a beautiful site when the native americans were the only inhabitants.

Spurred on by this siting, I came across this organization that one wouldn't expect to find in NYC.

https://gothamwhale.org/mission/

Yep, Henry Hudson must have been amazed to see the Hudson River and the Palisades in 1609.I read they harvested caviar from the Sturgeon that lived in the pristine waters back in the day.Glad to see the waters going in the right direction becoming cleaner.30 or so years ago, some buddies and I would rent a day boat for striper fishing out of Saugerties, the river was becoming cleaner so the stripers were coming back.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:46 am

Not a drop of rain yesterday so I added even more drainage to one (flat) side of the house. I guess now that I have so much, it is not going to rain for weeks. Also, to the untrained eye (mine), I see a faint suggestion of a few leaves falling on my lawn. No. I am not saying fall is here but in general, late July to mid August, I start seeing a few leaves on the lawn that makes me say "Hmmmm". In 61 days, fall.

On another banter note, back when we had the smoke from Canada, a few of my Hostas had round holes in the leaves. Round, with burnt marks. The pool filter stopped up. It literally had a trickle coming out of it either in use or when backwashing. I had to dump the sand out, and it was all orange. I had to wash the container out, and put in new sand. It worked well but I still had to backwash to get the orange color out of all the moving parts. So that was probably bad particulate matter on our cars too.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

docstox12 and kalleg like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:50 pm

docstox12 wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/newyork/news/remembering-our-beloved-colleague-elise-finch/

So saddened by this news

Wayyyyy to.many young people are dying suddenly as she did. The actuary numbers are off the charts. And it's worldwide. I follow two statistical experts who have written books and all they do is crunch numbers and look at trends (Ed Dowd, Dr. Briggs) My wife's cousin works for an insurance company and they are seeing disabilities and death claims since 2021 like no other. The trend is not good as she and these two men have stated on this sadly. It's not what some or many may think because it's not being reported on msm outlets. 
My school alone have had five alumni die in the last 10 months one 40 of a sudden heartattack, guy was athletic and in great shape, just had a physical and bloodwork the week before and NOTHING came up, 3 were 22 -25, one army, one graduated college in May, one worked for finance corp on Wall Street. All in good to great shape, all died suddenly and one 24 died of an aggressive cancer that came out of nowhere. This isn't counting the about dozen parents of teachers who passed. Some suddenly others not so. Ages ranged from 68-80, many 68-74 range. This isn't 1969 or 70's. Those are young ages by today's standards of longevity.
I have 5 people who I am good friends with ranging in ages from 40-62 with heart issues, myocardities (great athelete) pancreatitis (had his gall bladder removed emergency surgery), clogged arteries and clots (37 years old and fit), seizures/strokes, aggressive lung cancer (never a smoker, lived a clean healthy life) This isn't right or normal. Life expectancy actually dropped in USA this past year 2022. 1st time in ~ 50 years.
Just saying.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:04 pm

amugs wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

So saddened by this news

Wayyyyy to.many young people are dying suddenly as she did. The actuary numbers are off the charts. And it's worldwide. I follow two statistical experts who have written books and all they do is crunch numbers and look at trends (Ed Dowd, Dr. Briggs) My wife's cousin works for an insurance company and they are seeing disabilities and death claims since 2021 like no other. The trend is not good as she and these two men have stated on this sadly. It's not what some or many may think because it's not being reported on msm outlets. 
My school alone have had five alumni die in the last 10 months one 40 of a sudden heartattack, guy was athletic and in great shape, just had a physical and bloodwork the week before and NOTHING came up, 3 were 22 -25, one army, one graduated college in May, one worked for finance corp on Wall Street. All in good to great shape, all died suddenly and one 24 died of an aggressive cancer that came out of nowhere. This isn't counting the about dozen parents of teachers who passed. Some suddenly others not so. Ages ranged from 68-80, many 68-74 range. This isn't 1969 or 70's. Those are young ages by today's standards of longevity.
I have 5 people who I am good friends with ranging in ages from 40-62 with heart issues, myocardities (great athelete) pancreatitis (had his gall bladder removed emergency surgery), clogged arteries and clots (37 years old and fit), seizures/strokes, aggressive lung cancer (never a smoker, lived a clean healthy life) This isn't right or normal. Life expectancy actually dropped in USA this past year 2022. 1st time in ~ 50 years.
Just saying.

Sorry to hear about the folks you know passing like this Mugsy.Some way too young.Very sad about the poor person with lung cancer that never smoked.I lived in second hand smoke up to age 10, then smoked myself from age 16 to 40.Went to clubs in the 70's that were clouds of smoke.At least if I got it I had the pleasure of enjoying smokes.
I know what you are saying here and just wait for the statistics over the next 5 years.As they used to say in show business "you ain't seen nothing yet"!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:30 pm

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:33 pm

docstox12 wrote:
amugs wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

So saddened by this news

Just saying.

Sorry to hear about the folks you know passing like this Mugsy.Some way too young.Very sad about the poor person with lung cancer that never smoked.I lived in second hand smoke up to age 10, then smoked myself from age 16 to 40.Went to clubs in the 70's that were clouds of smoke.At least if I got it I had the pleasure of enjoying smokes.
I know what you are saying here and just wait for the statistics over the next 5 years.As they used to say in show business "you ain't seen nothing yet"!

Doc,
Thanks my brother. 
Sad but true. Most of the trend projections based on hard data, not Imperial College Dr. FERGUSON'S conjured projections that have never remotely been close to what actually happened, are unnerving. Briggs and Dowd picture ain't nothing like we've seen. As you say, we ain't seen nuttin yet.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:57 am

amugs wrote:

One brave woman who is vilified for suggesting that science is incomplete on man made climate change.Called a "heretic" by the scientific community.What's next, burning "deniers" at the stake.Disgraceful!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:36 am

Looks like it gets up into the 90's later in the week.We have been spared the high temps some areas of the country have been getting.If you are an old dinosaur like me, make sure the AC is working and hydrate.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

kalleg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:30 pm

LeBronn James son, 18 years old has a heart attack. Aging points what I said the other day. Thank God he is out of ICU. BUT what causes an 18 year old in phenomenal shape to hit the deck? Was it clots? Myocardities? Scary.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/bronny-james-suffers-cardiac-arrest-a-usc-practice/

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:23 pm

amugs wrote:LeBronn James son, 18 years old has a heart attack. Aging points what I said the other day. Thank God he is out of ICU. BUT what causes an 18 year old in phenomenal shape to hit the deck? Was it clots? Myocardities? Scary.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/bronny-james-suffers-cardiac-arrest-a-usc-practice/

or maybe he had an unknown heart condition or took something he should not have or maybe the extreme heat that the west is experiencing...we have no idea..just wishing him well and his family peace. Smile
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:55 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:
amugs wrote:LeBronn James son, 18 years old has a heart attack. Aging points what I said the other day. Thank God he is out of ICU. BUT what causes an 18 year old in phenomenal shape to hit the deck? Was it clots? Myocardities? Scary.

or maybe he had an unknown heart condition or took something he should not have or maybe the extreme heat that the west is experiencing...we have no idea..just wishing him well and his family peace. Smile

I am sure that this young man will get a very thorough cardiac examination including a medical history as to medications being taken to get to the bottom of this.Hopefully we will be able to know what the cause was.Feel bad for the kid, he has big shoes to fill trying to live up to the basketball stats his Dad has put up.Always easier for a guy to realize he can do better than his old man,LOL.

Had a minor T Storm and shower around 3:45 pm today.The torch spreads East.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen.9 Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:26 am

Very well could be QT Syndrome, this is where the heart beat goes to far apart and your heart just stops, and your gone...will not damage the heart it's not a heart attack cpr is needed ASAP, and most likely paddles will also be used...this happened to my wife and they pulled her through it....down for 10 minutes....

Frozen.9

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:13 am

Frozen.9 wrote:Very well could be QT Syndrome, this is where the heart beat goes to far apart and your heart just stops, and your gone...will not damage the heart it's not a heart attack cpr is needed ASAP, and most likely paddles will also be used...this happened to my wife and they pulled her through it....down for 10 minutes....

Very glad your wife got through this scary episode.This is something I never heard about but upon reading about it, may be a DNA caused situation.Maybe a pacemaker could be used to help with this? Not a doctor, just wondering.Thanks for posting this so we are aware of the syndrome.

Excessive heat warnings up for Thursday and Friday.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen.9 Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:39 am

Yea they did install a pacemaker in case it happens again? the hospital was just AMAZED she had no brain damage after 10 minutes down and again with this QT issue no heart damage is done again it just stops... she just got off rt80 going to work or that would of been it, and most likely crashing into someone else...

Frozen.9

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:28 am

Frozen.9 wrote:Yea they did install a pacemaker in case it happens again? the hospital was just AMAZED she had no brain damage after 10 minutes down and again with this QT issue no heart damage is done again it just stops... she just got off rt80 going to work or that would of been it, and most likely crashing into someone else...

Thank God there were no ill effects and she is doing great.I think the pacemaker is a good idea, you want to be proactive in preventing this.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:03 pm

Frozen thanks for sharing.
They play in air conditioning gyms today in just about every college and most high schools in warn climates.

AMOC shuts (Atlantic Multi Decadal Oscillation Current)down by 2057 ish by this institution prediction well many would be ecstatic. I believe in will be sooner by about 2040ish from current blips and releases we are seeing.

https://science.ku.dk/english/press/news/2023/gloomy-climate-calculation-scientists-predict-a-collapse-of-the-atlantic-ocean-current-to-happen-mid-century/

https://egusphere.copernicus.org/preprints/2023/egusphere-2023-1267/

Interesting 

Beaufort Gyre. This puppy collapses and release all that fresh arctic ice in the NA its over for Europe. As it moves S ot can really disrupt  the GS.
Time will tell and I'll be an old man in 34 years God willing.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bkdude Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:27 pm

A lot of acorns are already dropping

Bkdude

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:45 pm

Bkdude wrote:A lot of acorns are already dropping

My oak tree has been dropping them for 3 or 4 weeks now , and in one week, I am getting more on the ground than the last two years total combined.May not have any consequence, but the early dropping and the large amounts are an anamoly.Getting dark noticeably earlier now as well.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Bkdude Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:59 pm

A sign of good things to come ( early fall/ winter?)
Or just because of all the rain??

Bkdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum