NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+46
aiannone
Taffy
brownie
kalleg
GreyBeard
mikeypizano
Dtone
SkiSeadooJoe
Radz
gigs68
Joe Snow
Scullybutcher
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
Isotherm
docstox12
SoulSingMG
Fededle22
SNOW MAN
rb924119
RJB8525
algae888
dkodgis
frank 638
dad4twoboys
devsman
Snow88
Grselig
skinsfan1177
Math23x7
billg315
Frank_Wx
amugs
jmanley32
essexcountypete
nutleyblizzard
track17
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
sabamfa
jake732
hyde345
Quietace
Dunnzoo
HectorO
50 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 22 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by essexcountypete Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:32 pm

amugs wrote:When we hit solar minimum in the next 7 years maybe winters will be just that.
A massive volcanic explosion be happening during this time frame and we'll have months of BN averages and snow galore.
What science will find is that the massive nino has had the biggest hangover in the history of man. I actually posted about this back inAug/Sept froma guy in Eastern Mass I follow. How did we get there - super nino? Who knows but it has happened before and shall again.  We are a fine scratch on teh surface of our record keeping in comparison to weather's history of man walking planet earth that we hold as the end all of be all for empirical data.

Here is a snip it for all to enjoy

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 22 Climate-changes

That is an interesting graphic. A google search of the chart and the guys who created it finds that there is some concern and debate about the graph, and the gentlemen who created it.

essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:31 pm

essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:When we hit solar minimum in the next 7 years maybe winters will be just that.
A massive volcanic explosion be happening during this time frame and we'll have months of BN averages and snow galore.
What science will find is that the massive nino has had the biggest hangover in the history of man. I actually posted about this back inAug/Sept froma guy in Eastern Mass I follow. How did we get there - super nino? Who knows but it has happened before and shall again.  We are a fine scratch on teh surface of our record keeping in comparison to weather's history of man walking planet earth that we hold as the end all of be all for empirical data.

That is an interesting graphic. A google search of the chart and the guys who created it finds that there is some concern and debate about the graph, and the gentlemen who created it.

Pete yes I know but the graph is very cool showing the ebb and flow of our sensible weather.

From teh various readings and research from IIPPC scientist who have left this organization and one in particular who I have 2 of her books - we are in an interglacial period - funny cause the last time the earth about 2*C warmer than present from here findings and research - this place is so old we can't wrap our heads around it - again tens of millions of years ago. There will be periods from her knowledge over teh past 30 years researching climate that will be normal, below normal and above normal - sounds like I am trying to sell yuo a bridge. She posed teh question - as to what is our normal? 1800's was a hell of lot colder than now but 500 year previous it was warmer than now but again the instrumentation and readings were dinosauric to today's means. So what is normal? How do we know that the instrumentation placement for temperatures is not being skewed? There have been thousands of locations across America that were co-op stations that are no longer being manned or used. These are usually in rural areas.

The MJO/STRAT/AAM combo is going to allow for a great West Based Greenland block - I have been harping on 3 snow events for March - not delusional CP, I look at LR indicators and listen to really knowledgeable LR forecasters. Heck it may even snow in the HV,LHV the 1st week of April from what is being discussed.

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm posting this here so as not to disturb the Long Range Thread and I apologize to everybody whose mellow I'm about to harsh, but if one's idea of discussion is nothing more than taking the models as gospel and closing your mind off to the possibility of anything else taking place then I fail to see why one would come here when TWC, TT or Accuweather can give you the information you want.

If the mods want to delete this or ban me or whatever, I understand and no hard feelings on my part. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why anybody would come here to do nothing more than ignore everybody's input because maps that change every 6 hours said so.

End rant.

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 pm

I think the frustration of the winter is setting in for some. I have learned that even in a top 5 warm winter like this one, I can still see great storms. Last blizzard came from no where on the surface models but was there based on what all the pros on this site we're saying. Some people on this board just want to complain or troll but it's best to ignore. Losing the amazing analysis given on this site would be sad given the pathetic attempt of a few to troll or whine. So my rant is over and let's hope for the next 2 weeks.
devsman
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 pm

devsman wrote:I think the frustration of the winter is setting in for some. I have learned that even in a top 5 warm winter like this one, I can still see great storms. Last blizzard came from no where on the surface models but was there based on what all the pros on this site we're saying. Some people on this board just want to complain or troll but it's best to ignore. Losing the amazing analysis given on this site would be sad given the pathetic attempt of a few to troll or whine. So my rant is over and let's hope for the next 2 weeks.

I just want to get back to work! Sad
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by track17 Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 am

It is actually not trolling. God forbid you give an opinion that is different then some people you get taken to town. It is not complaining. It is not trolling it is the truth. The temp profiles have not looked good. But you guys just love to attack me. That is actually trolling just because you disagree. So you want to call me a troll sroc, devsman, aresian that is sad. You just want no one on here who disagrees with you.

track17

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:15 am

track17 wrote:It is actually not trolling. God forbid you give an opinion that is different then some people you get taken to town. It is not complaining. It is not trolling it is the truth. The temp profiles have not looked good. But you guys just love to attack me. That is actually trolling just because you disagree. So you want to call me a troll sroc, devsman, aresian that is sad. You just want no one on here who disagrees with you.

Thank you for posting this in Banter. Please check your personal messages.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:23 am

I know that we've been torched in the winter based on numerous memories. 70's in Feb this year and probably January in the recent past. I don't ever recall near freezing weather in the summer.

I think we need a good volcano.

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/07/31/books/snow-fell-in-june.html
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:39 am

amugs wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:

Pete yes I know but the graph is very cool showing the ebb and flow of our sensible weather.

From teh various readings and research from IIPPC scientist who have left this organization and one in particular who I have 2 of her books - we are in an interglacial period - funny cause the last time the earth about 2*C warmer than present from here findings and research - this place is so old we can't wrap our heads around it - again tens of millions of years ago. There will be periods from her knowledge over teh past 30 years researching climate that will be normal, below normal and above normal - sounds like I am trying to sell yuo a bridge. She posed teh question - as to what is our normal? 1800's was a hell of lot colder than now but 500 year previous it was warmer than now but again the instrumentation and readings were dinosauric to today's means. So what is normal? How do we know that the instrumentation placement for temperatures is not being skewed? There have been thousands of locations across America that were co-op stations that are no longer being manned or used. These are usually in rural areas.

The MJO/STRAT/AAM combo is going to allow for a great West Based Greenland block - I have been harping on 3 snow events for March - not delusional CP, I look at LR indicators and listen to really knowledgeable LR forecasters. Heck it may even snow in the HV,LHV the 1st week of April from what is being discussed.

I've never called you delusional, maybe a bit overly optimistic at times IMO, but that's your personality which is certainly better than overly pessimistic.

I think we can all agree on this though, the last 2 winters have been torches like no others before back to back at least. With that said I'm almost at average snowfall for the season but I don't grade winter by the amount of snow I've had. If I don't have sustained cold, and snow cover for several weeks and I'm not asking for November to April snow cover like 93/94 and 95/96 those are exceptions. Just a normal winter where lakes actually freeze and snow that falls actually sticks around for awhile. I did have snow cover from January 24th to February 23rd but other than the first week or two of December that was winter. That doesn't cut it for me or even come close. One mans opinion.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
amugs wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:

I've never called you delusional, maybe a bit overly optimistic at times IMO, but that's your personality which is certainly better than overly pessimistic.

I think we can all agree on this though, the last 2 winters have been torches like no others before back to back at least. With that said I'm almost at average snowfall for the season but I don't grade winter by the amount of snow I've had. If I don't have sustained cold, and snow cover for several weeks and I'm not asking for November to April snow cover like 93/94 and 95/96 those are exceptions. Just a normal winter where lakes actually freeze and snow that falls actually sticks around for awhile. I did have snow cover from January 24th to February 23rd but other than the first week or two of December that was winter. That doesn't cut it for me or even come close. One mans opinion.

I am the other way around, I like to see a good snowfall but I want everything melted by March. It can snow like crazy Dec to end of Feb, but then I want spring. Ideally I would love to be cutting grass by St. Patricks day (a month ahead of normal the past few years) because come June, July, August time, it will be DRY and nothing will be growing and I go from being 20 yards behind to a few yards a week... Sad
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 am

I'll take snow anytime. I grant you Mikey, its your livelihood! i've always admired Mugs. No sarcasm on my part, as he always shows the positive lining. My bet that extends to his entire life. A great way to live and from everything I have seen, a great genuine person.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 am

Grselig wrote:I'll take snow anytime. I grant you Mikey, its your livelihood!    i've always admired Mugs.  No sarcasm on my part, as he always shows the positive lining.  My bet that extends to his entire life.  A great way to live and from everything I have seen, a great genuine person.  

I just want one thing but it never comes anymore... The perfect year...

Mowing mid March, Above avgerage temperature until May, below average temperatures from June to September, then above average until after Thanksgiving. Above average precip the entire time until mid Oct or early November, dry until mid December, then snow until Feb 21, melted by March 1, grass green and growing again for mid March...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm really hoping these potential cuts do not impact North American forecasting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/03/03/white-house-proposes-steep-budget-cut-to-leading-climate-science-agency/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_noaa-745pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.be3ad219089a
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:27 am

Forget Roidzilla. Euro is closer to Frankzilla. Man what a run.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 22 FB_IMG_1488630306485.jpg.d5b3416720c838af1d8f1c3f9186c899

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:58 am

That's the look of the Legendary, "Storm that Must Not Be Named", Greatest of All Time (GOAT) Blizzard of 1888!!!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:01 am

Frank_Wx wrote:Forget Roidzilla. Euro is closer to Frankzilla. Man what a run.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 22 FB_IMG_1488630306485.jpg.d5b3416720c838af1d8f1c3f9186c899

After last few years we deserve this - lets hope we can cash in on something in this time frame
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:59 am

If you guys get 3 feet and I struggle to get 6-9 inches, I'm not coming back here til next winter.

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:09 am

i can imagine all the facebook pages running wild with this..
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:21 am

The most ultimate intense wonderful (clown) map I can recall seeing. Stunning. Pray it comes true!!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:26 am

And so it begins, Amy Freeze already made mention of snow next weekend...
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 am

Well, it sure will be fun to see how this all plays out! Howling winds ,27 degrees sure gives this map a bit more credibility.Channel 7 is usually very conservative so if they are mentioning snow this early, then they see something too.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 am

Of course as is and 7-8 days out this is pretty funny.

So as per that map our entire 75 mile radius area from NYC pretty much sees 30-40 inches of snow with no one getting scrooed. It would be a fitting way to end one of the warmest winters in history. I'm not holding my breath for anything close to this though, but I'd love it.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

So as per that map our entire 75 mile radius area from NYC pretty much sees 30-40 inches of snow with no one getting scrooed. It would be a fitting way to end one of the warmest winters in history. I'm not holding my breath for anything close to this though, but I'd love it.

If this happened, do you think there would be a mass exodus of residents from OTI to the Forum Mainland?? Or would there still be your die-hard residents, you think? Lmao

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 am

rb924119 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

If this happened, do you think there would be a mass exodus of residents from OTI to the Forum Mainland?? Or would there still be your die-hard residents, you think? Lmao

OTI would be like a ghost town. Very Happy Very Happy
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:36 am

if anything its nice eye candy
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:48 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I would have to stay to man the Sanitarium as Aresian would be admitted due to his area only getting a few inches.If that proved out, the poor man would need shock therapy.

"Many are called....few are chosen!"
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:59 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I would have to stay to man the Sanitarium as Aresian would be admitted due to his area only getting a few inches.If that proved out, the poor man would need shock therapy.

"Many are called....few are chosen!"

LMAO!!! He'd be the proverbial sacrifice for da teammmmmm dohhhhhhhh, putting that burden on his back doh!!! (insert Madden: Greg Jennings voiceover YouTube clip) ahaha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum