NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+46
aiannone
Taffy
brownie
kalleg
GreyBeard
mikeypizano
Dtone
SkiSeadooJoe
Radz
gigs68
Joe Snow
Scullybutcher
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
Isotherm
docstox12
SoulSingMG
Fededle22
SNOW MAN
rb924119
RJB8525
algae888
dkodgis
frank 638
dad4twoboys
devsman
Snow88
Grselig
skinsfan1177
Math23x7
billg315
Frank_Wx
amugs
jmanley32
essexcountypete
nutleyblizzard
track17
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
sabamfa
jake732
hyde345
Quietace
Dunnzoo
HectorO
50 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by mikeypizano Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm

TheAresian wrote:A night in the lounge and anybody can find just about anybody attractive.

Even me?

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Given that from recent OTI events this includes Wildebeasts and Trees I'd say that yes, this applies to just about everyone.

billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Sad day for storm chasers...
http://kfor.com/2017/03/28/texas-crews-investigating-triple-fatality-crash-possibly-involving-storm-chasers/
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:58 am

I really do not know how I feel about storm chasing. I feel the direction, speed, strength, etc. of a tornado can be so unpredictable. To get that close to one of Mother Natures most ferocious disasters is frightening. One has to wonder if this keeps happening if someone will try to make it a Law. Hopefully it does not come to that and people use some common sense.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 am

Frank_Wx wrote:I really do not know how I feel about storm chasing. I feel the direction, speed, strength, etc. of a tornado can be so unpredictable. To get that close to one of Mother Natures most ferocious disasters is frightening. One has to wonder if this keeps happening if someone will try to make it a Law. Hopefully it does not come to that and people use some common sense.

I follow a lot of storm chasers, and the one thing I notice most of them stay south and west of the storms at a safe distance. This accident was a result of one of them running a stop sign, not the storm itself like what happened to Tim Simaris. But with social media, a lot of inexperienced chasers are out there and causing traffic problems, just to get hits on their FB or twitter accounts. That is dangerous. I'm hoping to go storm chasing in a few years when I'm done with the kids' college tuition.

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:37 am

Frank_Wx wrote:I really do not know how I feel about storm chasing. I feel the direction, speed, strength, etc. of a tornado can be so unpredictable. To get that close to one of Mother Natures most ferocious disasters is frightening. One has to wonder if this keeps happening if someone will try to make it a Law. Hopefully it does not come to that and people use some common sense.

Unfortunately they just crashed. They were not killed by the storm. Williamson was also not wearing his seat belt. They blew a stop sign at 50mph.

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 am

aiannone wrote:

Unfortunately they just crashed. They were not killed by the storm. Williamson was also not wearing his seat belt. They blew a stop sign at 50mph.

Even though it wasn't the storm itself it was the storm that indirectly killed them. They all, including the driver, were clearly distracted with eyes on the storm rather than the road. Sad no matter how you slice it.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 am

Two weeks ago this might have been a nice snow event for us. It looks like Albany and the Adirondacks may jackpot unless the mid levels are even to warm for them.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Imagep14
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:25 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Two weeks ago this might have been a nice snow event for us. It looks like Albany and the Adirondacks may jackpot unless the mid levels are even to warm for them.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Imagep14
Hi
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 pm

51° here, and i started putting away the snow blowers again, looks like I will be mowing in a week or two at most.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:19 pm

The city in Eastern MA that the forum has come to despise is now under a Winter Storm Warning.  Meanwhile for us, diddily squat Mad

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Math23x7 wrote:The city in Eastern MA that the forum has come to despise is now under a Winter Storm Warning.  Meanwhile for us, diddily squat Mad

How many times this year have we heard this and it never comes to fruition. The city we despise has 45 inches of snow this year, half the people on this forum have more, let's stop glamorizing them for things that haven't happended. Plus their WSW is for 4-8, that's as weak a WSW as you can get, if they even get that.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:55 pm

F this winter.  OTI ban me for life if you want.  I've had enough.  A winter of disappointment that now has to kick us in the teeth on its way out with COUNT EM...3 storms in one week.  Each one tracking s and e of us with 1.75-2.0" QPF.  ONE WEEK OF THIS IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WOULD HAVE GIVEN THIS ENTIRE FORUM 4 FEET OF SNOW.  BUT NOOOOOOOO>>>>>IT happens now when there's just not enough cold air, except for Red Sox Suck who gets 6-8" AND JUST IN TIME TO BLOW OUT ALL THE RIVERS AND STREAMS FOR THE TROUT OPENER TOMORROW WHICH IVE LOOKED FORWARD TO FOR 4 MONTHS.. I'm DONE!!! Tired Mad  Tired Mad  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  Tired Mad  Tired Mad  shout  shout  shout

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 pm

syosnow94 wrote:F this winter.  OTI ban me for life if you want.  I've had enough.  A winter of disappointment that now has to kick us in the teeth on its way out with COUNT EM...3 storms in one week.  Each one tracking s and e of us with 1.75-2.0" QPF.  ONE WEEK OF THIS IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WOULD HAVE GIVEN THIS ENTIRE FORUM 4 FEET OF SNOW.  BUT NOOOOOOOO>>>>>IT happens now when there's just not enough cold air, except for Red Sox Suck who gets 6-8" AND JUST IN TIME TO BLOW OUT ALL THE RIVERS AND STREAMS FOR THE TROUT OPENER TOMORROW WHICH IVE LOOKED FORWARD TO FOR 4 MONTHS.. I'm DONE!!! Tired Mad  Tired Mad  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  Tired Mad  Tired Mad  shout  shout  shout

Let me get ya some cheese for that wine! I am getting SCREWED WITHOUT ANY LUBE here more than you! It finally gets warm enough to start working more than just some snow here and there, and its rain rain rain rain rain rain!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:16 pm

syosnow94 wrote:F this winter.  OTI ban me for life if you want.  I've had enough.  A winter of disappointment that now has to kick us in the teeth on its way out with COUNT EM...3 storms in one week.  Each one tracking s and e of us with 1.75-2.0" QPF.  ONE WEEK OF THIS IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WOULD HAVE GIVEN THIS ENTIRE FORUM 4 FEET OF SNOW.  BUT NOOOOOOOO>>>>>IT happens now when there's just not enough cold air, except for Red Sox Suck who gets 6-8" AND JUST IN TIME TO BLOW OUT ALL THE RIVERS AND STREAMS FOR THE TROUT OPENER TOMORROW WHICH IVE LOOKED FORWARD TO FOR 4 MONTHS.. I'm DONE!!! Tired Mad  Tired Mad  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  GFS Model  Tired Mad  Tired Mad  shout  shout  shout

Sounds like you need a drink. Hit me up if you're going to Rollin Greens anytime soon.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 pm

It's 35 degrees and raining in Red Sox Suck and has been for hours. As usual on this forum people look at the forecast there and not what's actually happening. Same old story time after time after time after time after time.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:05 am

There's nothing to indict you on here. Other than the Red Sox Suck comment which again will turn out to be fiction and not fact this is a very frustrating setup. If this same setup happened four weeks ago we're all buried with a followup on Tuesday, and maybe another several days after.

32.9 here with rain and some sleet pellets mixing in at times. Very frustrating.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:33 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

There's nothing to indict you on here. Other than the Red Sox Suck comment which again will turn out to be fiction and not fact this is a very frustrating setup. If this same setup happened four weeks ago we're all buried with a followup on Tuesday, and maybe another several days after.

32.9 here with rain and some sleet pellets mixing in at times. Very frustrating.

Or we still could have ended up with the mid 30s and rain with a northeast in wind like the January 23rd-24th storm, although CP did cash in on sleet.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:13 am

sroc4 wrote:
aiannone wrote:

Even though it wasn't the storm itself it was the storm that indirectly killed them.  They all, including the driver, were clearly distracted with eyes on the storm rather than the road.  Sad no matter how you slice it.  

Like everything else, there are risks involved but those risks can be minimized by exercising caution and using common sense. I'm sure its much too easy to lose sight of that when caught up in the excitement of the chase, even for a seasoned veteran. I'll be touching down in Oklahoma City in 27 days to experience the phenomena for my self, cannot wait! Even though the mood may be somewhat somber, it should be a great week hanging with the ETT crew and meeting others who share a passion for Mother Nature.
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:43 am

CP is correct. Right now in Red Sox Suck it is 38* and raining so the snow forecast there was again a bust as the last several. (I wonder if the backlash for busts against forecasters is as bad there as it often is in the NY metro because they've had a lot of bad calls this winter in that area). Mike makes a good point as well. We always assume these dreary rainy late March/early April storms would have been snow if they had just hit in January, but they could just as easily have been cold rain then too. Even coastal storms can bring rain for many of us in January. We've all seen enough of those.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:08 am

To Emphasize Billgs point, Red Sox Suck totaled 0.6 inches of snow yesterday and 0.87 inches of rain. The temperature never got below 33 and today so far after a midnight low of 35 it is up to 38 and has rained all night and there are still WSW there. This is at least the fourth or fifth time this winter they have had WSW with a total bust.

Very Happy FOR THE LAST TIME LOOK AT THE RESULTS NOT THE FORECAST THERE, MORE OFTEN THAN NOT THEY ARE WRONG. Very Happy
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Well what a shock WSW canceled in Red Sox Suck, downgraded to a WWA for 1-4 inches of snow today and with it 34 degrees and just starting to change to snow after noon they'll be lucky to get that.

Gee they had a WSW this morning for 6-10 inches and one yesterday too when they received 0.6 inches. Now who could have seen that coming?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:02 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Well what a shock WSW canceled in Red Sox Suck, downgraded to a WWA for 1-4 inches of snow today and with it 34 degrees and just starting to change to snow after noon they'll be lucky to get that.

Gee they had a WSW this morning for 6-10 inches and one yesterday too when they received 0.6 inches. Now who could have seen that coming?

I guess Cantore must be looking like a drowned rat by now!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Folks after much consideration I  AM DONE PEEPS - DECIDED TO PACK IT IN.

I can no longer give my time and efforts to Big Momma but going to ride into the sunset with my Oregon Scientific weather station and just live one day at a time. i wish you all well and God's Speed. I leave on the not that we broke teh STREAK this month.
To my OTI brethren it was a great ride, thanks for teh opportunity here.
Peace and love to all. I will see you again so it i snot a good bye - where that shall who knows but somehow someway we will meet again my weather weenies family.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:10 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

AF Suckers!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:41 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Well what a shock WSW canceled in Red Sox Suck, downgraded to a WWA for 1-4 inches of snow today and with it 34 degrees and just starting to change to snow after noon they'll be lucky to get that.

And the final tally is in from Red Sox Suck. The big winter storm that was predicted to drop up to 10 inches on Red Sox Suck today comes in with a final amount of 1.0 inches.

I think that's huge bust number 4 this year.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:08 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

And the final tally is in from Red Sox Suck. The big winter storm that was predicted to drop up to 10 inches on Red Sox Suck today comes in with a final amount of 1.0 inches.

I think that's huge bust number 4 this year.

And the greatest April Fool's joke ever played by a major government agency is complete!!!! God that's SO bad!! I really wish that we all could have been flies on their wall to see what they were looking at and thinking when they made their forecast. I'd be very curious.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum