NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by jmanley32 Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:09 pm

From Eastern ct to near new Haven has been very slow 2 spinouts on side speed range 30 to 60. Was snow hard up there here not so much.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17926
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by hyde345 Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:17 pm

29* with light snow and sleet
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 895
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Looks like 3.8 inches will be my final tally.

45.0 inches for the season. Considering how above normal the temperatures have been so far this winter, I can't complain about the snow totals.

BTW Kudos to Frank as usual. His snow map had most of the HV in 3-6 inches and it looks like he will be dead on.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6650
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by rb924119 Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:51 pm

4.25" in Fishkill, roughly 2.5-3" at home. Given the facts that I only issued a first call, which was two days ago, and that I had very little support until after my call was already out, I am not considering this a "bad" bust of a forecast. I am satisfied knowing that my ideas had merit with this event. Now to see if they did and my forecasts for 15 miles west of B-ston and Stanford, ME, verify, as my interview questions asked me for forecasts for those locations for this storm. The anticipation is killing me aha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5354
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Isotherm Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:53 pm

@rb924119 wrote:4.25" in Fishkill, roughly 2.5-3" at home. Given the facts that I only issued a first call, which was two days ago, and that I had very little support until after my call was already out, I am not considering this a "bad" bust of a forecast. I am satisfied knowing that my ideas had merit with this event. Now to see if they did and my forecasts for 15 miles west of B-ston and Stanford, ME, verify, as my interview questions asked me for forecasts for those locations for this storm. The anticipation is killing me aha

Rob, sent you a PM.

Isotherm
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 231
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 30
Location : Monmouth County, NJ

http://www.lightinthestorm.com/

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by aiannone Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Looks like 850's are cooling again, but precip is almost out
aiannone
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4247
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Waited for the snow to end and left to begin driving home. 8" total up st the house and now sleeting. Have made it down to New Paltz on the Tvruway now. Taking our time. Roads do so. About 6" down in New Paltz. Be safe everyone

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Waited for the snow to end and left to begin driving home. 8" total up st the house and now sleeting. Have made it down to New Paltz on the Tvruway now. Taking our time. Roads do so. About 6" down in New Paltz. Be safe everyone

Everyone just act natural and remain calm, the poor guy has no idea how much trouble he's in.

"Good to hear Jimmy, Snowman is going to greet you at your house when you get to Syosett. Every thing is fine though, don't be alarmed, we just need you to answer some questions."
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6650
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by billg315 Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:32 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Waited for the snow to end and left to begin driving home. 8" total up st the house and now sleeting. Have made it down to New Paltz on the Tvruway now. Taking our time. Roads do so. About 6" down in New Paltz. Be safe everyone

Everyone just act natural and remain calm, the poor guy has no idea how much trouble he's in.

"Good to hear Jimmy, Snowman is going to greet you at your house when you get to Syosett. Every thing is fine though, don't be alarmed, we just need you to answer some questions."

This made me literally lol. Laughing
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3604
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by aiannone Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:36 pm

LOL CP! precip ending here in BGM now with light ZR. now we wait for lake enhancement behind the low. BGM expecting 4-6" in the city, and 12-18 to the north and east. This is additional from 2pm today

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 16754310
aiannone
aiannone
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 4247
Reputation : 89
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Saint James, LI (Northwest Suffolk Co.)

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:59 pm

CP tell Snowman to at least let me get the wife and kids settled first. No need to involve them

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:09 pm

syosnow94 wrote:CP tell Snowman to at least let me get the wife and kids settled first. No need to involve them

You're entitled to at least that.

I've also informed him to go gentle, no need for any rough stuff at least until we hear your side of the story.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6650
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by jmanley32 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:26 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:CP tell Snowman to at least let me get the wife and kids settled first. No need to involve them

You're entitled to at least that.

I've also informed him to go gentle, no need for any rough stuff at least until we hear your side of the story.
wth I miss lol? Ice storm here jeeze everything I mean evetything enasser in a decent coat of ice but more than few hundress of ince. Was almost to.place to pick up dinner and a mail truck lost control on midland ave for those u that know it and slammed a new black acura right in front me. Got out to make sure all were ok and called police. Helped keep traffic slow till they got there. I only once b4 witnessed a accident and that one was crazy.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17926
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by jmanley32 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Ahh man my hww failed downgraded to advisory still winds to 50mph and I can see there being some higher gusts. Woth all this ice and only 34 degrees not go.b good. Only minimal weight on the trees.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17926
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by hyde345 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Just finshed shoveling and damn that was heavy snow. Measured 4.5 and that might be after some compaction but that's what I'm going with. 36 for the season.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 895
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:08 pm

@hyde345 wrote:Just finshed shoveling and damn that was heavy snow. Measured 4.5 and that might be after some compaction but that's what I'm going with. 36 for the season.

The NWS guidelines say measure your maximum depth for the day if there is compaction. Something CPK never does but you should. Mark it 5 and call it a day.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6650
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by snow247 Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:12 pm

For later

Mount Holly NWS

Once the cold front moves through, any precipitation should
turn to all snow everywhere. Behind the front, there will be a
period through around midnight when lapse rates increase along
with an area of enhanced moisture as a strong short wave moves
across the area. This could lead to a period of snow
showers/squalls across mainly the Poconos and northwest New
Jersey later this evening and through around midnight. So we
have kept the advisory in place there through midnight. An
additional inch or two inches of snow could fall across these
area, especially higher elevations later this evening.
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2417
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : Mount Ivy, NY - Elevation 545'

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:16 pm

@aiannone wrote:LOL CP! precip ending here in BGM now with light ZR. now we wait for lake enhancement behind the low. BGM expecting 4-6" in the city, and 12-18 to the north and east. This is additional from 2pm today

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 16754310

Oh the beauty of lake enhancement. And there sits poor Aresian probably 10 miles or so to the west of where that snowfall map ends. I would go insane.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6650
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 100
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by hyde345 Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:24 pm

@CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
@hyde345 wrote:Just finshed shoveling and damn that was heavy snow. Measured 4.5 and that might be after some compaction but that's what I'm going with. 36 for the season.

The NWS guidelines say measure your maximum depth for the day if there is compaction. Something CPK never does but you should. Mark it 5 and call it a day.

Sounds good to me.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 895
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Dtone Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:35 pm

few tenths of an inch of sleet here plus glaze of freezing rain

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1738
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-08-26
Location : Bronx, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by jmanley32 Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:46 pm

@Dtone wrote:few tenths of an inch of sleet here plus glaze of freezing rain
Def had b more than .01 or .02 of sleet looks like about half inch to inch and maybe .05 ice on everything.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 17926
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 39
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Dtone Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Winter weather advisory remains in effect for Bronx only in NYC . Dont see that often.

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1738
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-08-26
Location : Bronx, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by frank 638 Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 pm

That is strange dtone that the Bronx has a winter weather advisory while we are above freezing and its drizzleing I am guessing temps will go below freezing and we might get freezing drizzle for a while I guess

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2289
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 37
Location : bronx ny

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:04 pm

GOOD NEWS. Red Sox Suck HAS MIXED WITH RAIN AND THEIR STORM TOTAL WILL BUST WAAAAY LOW. FROM 12-18" THEY WILL ONLY GET 6-10" AND SINCE I WAS UP AT MOM AND DAD'S AND WE GOT 8" THERE'S A CHANCE I BEAT THOSE BUMS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs up Thumbs up party party party party party party party party party party party party party party party party party party party

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Joe Snow Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Clippe14

Don't get to see this too often 70 DBZ I can't imagine the snow rates wow.
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 856
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 59
Location : Kings Park, NY

Back to top Go down

Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump - Page 13 Empty Re: Sunday February 12th Possible Front-End Snow Thump

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum