NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

+11
Dunnzoo
SNOW MAN
Frank_Wx
emokid51783
billg315
Taffy
amugs
Math23x7
docstox12
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
15 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 16 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by billg315 Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Wednesday is looking like a real hit or miss day at the Sanitarium. Either nobody will be there and we'll all be celebrating in the Lounge, or there's going to be a mad rush on the place. lol

billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023 - Page 16 Empty Re: OTI- Radiation contained - The Island is habitable again as of Jan 2023

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 pm

billg315 wrote:Wednesday is looking like a real hit or miss day at the Sanitarium. Either nobody will be there and we'll all be celebrating in the Lounge, or there's going to be a mad rush on the place. lol

The problem is this, expectations have reached a fever pitch. The last NAM run with it's 20-30 inch totals in many areas in and surrounding NYC has now set the expectations to high. An area wide Mothrazilla (6-12 inches) will now be seen as a colossal failure.

It will be an interesting next two days. We are short staffed and still reeling from our loss of TheAresian but in Syos we trust. All Directors should be on white alert.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm

You hit on the key point. I just referenced this in the storm thread: with all the crazy snow maps tonight I’m afraid people are seeing 20-30” and losing perspective. If you get 6-10” that is a good hit. It was 80 degrees two weeks ago! Lol.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:44 pm

billg315 wrote:Wednesday is looking like a real hit or miss day at the Sanitarium. Either nobody will be there and we'll all be celebrating in the Lounge, or there's going to be a mad rush on the place. lol

The problem is this, expectations have reached a fever pitch. The last NAM run with it's 20-30 inch totals in many areas in and surrounding NYC has now set the expectations to high. An area wide Mothrazilla (6-12 inches) will now be seen as a colossal failure.

It will be an interesting next two days. We are short staffed and still reeling from our loss of TheAresian but in Syos we trust. All Directors should be on white alert.

billg315 wrote:You hit on the key point. I just referenced this in the storm thread: with all the crazy snow maps tonight I’m afraid people are seeing 20-30” and losing perspective. If you get 6-10” that is a good hit. It was 80 degrees two weeks ago! Lol.

Doc visits his mom in Ft. Lee tomorrow. Everyone on staff should prepare for 24 hour shifts.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:27 am

Director of the Treasury and Grand High Exalted Mystique Ruler CP, my stay at the Dutchess of Bergen County (Mom) , will be only for the day and evening on Tuesday.I am returning this evening and will be on duty here at the Sanitarium starting early Wednesday March 7 Anno Domani 2018 for the expected massive Mainland snowstorm.She realizes my duties at the Sanitarium at this juncture take precedent over her needs.Be advised coverage is needed only for today from 10 AM until 6 AM wednesday.Both scenarios have been planned for, a mega Mainland event of 20 plus inches or a more usual 6 to 12 tainted by mixing issues.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am

I’m already here. Patients have been knocked out........... I mean treated, and I am sitting at the bar in the lounge solompreparing for any eventuality

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Words cannot describe how livid I am regarding the lack of snow in the snow hole where I am on the mainland.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm

That’s why the island is here Mikey. Saddle up to the bar and have a few drinks at the Coconut Lounge to take your mind off it. I got an inch on grass and cars and a little slush along the edges of the sidewalks today so I didn’t do much better if that makes you feel any better.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Math23x7 wrote:Words cannot describe how livid I am regarding the lack of snow in the snow hole where I am on the mainland.

Mikey find a place a couple miles from the train station in central to northern Westchester. Preferably with some elevation, at least 400-500 feet. Your commute will be easy and your snowfall will increase at least 12-15 inches per year on average. Plus your rent will decrease substantially.

I forgot to add and I'm not trying to make you jump off a ledge or anything but I saw reports that Bellerose had 3 inches today, true?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:57 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:Words cannot describe how livid I am regarding the lack of snow in the snow hole where I am on the mainland.

Mikey find a place a couple miles from the train station in central to northern Westchester. Preferably with some elevation, at least 400-500 feet. Your commute will be easy and your snowfall will increase at least 12-15 inches per year on average. Plus your rent will decrease substantially.

I forgot to add and I'm not trying to make you jump off a ledge or anything but I saw reports that Bellerose had 3 inches today, true?

I can confirm the Bellerose measurement. Mikey is under my care here on the island. Luckily for him I’m pulling double duty. First he was treated with my special Bulgarian “experimental” drug cocktail at the sanitarium. It has been rumored to erase ones memories. Afterwards I had him moved to the lounge where he is currently receiving a stress relieving massage from a few of Amugs, leftover snow women. He shall be fine. I’m also bringing in a real estate agent who specializes in western CT and Westchester/Putnam rental properties. Full service here 24/7 on OTI!

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Happy birthday to our highly qualified and ever-capable Director of Mental Health/Acting Director of Coconut Lounge. Hopefully drinks will be served in the Lounge tonight in celebration.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:03 pm

billg315 wrote:Happy birthday to our highly qualified and ever-capable Director of Mental Health/Acting Director of Coconut Lounge. Hopefully drinks will be served in the Lounge tonight in celebration.

Thank you your honor. I will be drinking tonight. All are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
billg315 wrote:Happy birthday to our highly qualified and ever-capable Director of Mental Health/Acting Director of Coconut Lounge. Hopefully drinks will be served in the Lounge tonight in celebration.

Thank you your honor.  I will be drinking tonight. All are welcome.  

Had no clue.

Happy birthday indeed Director of Mental Health and acting Director of the Coconut Lounge.

It will be interesting to see if the former director of the Coconut lounge shows his face at tonight's celebration. Snowman gave OTI security the authority to shoot first and ask questions later if he does. Seems a little harsh to me considering what an exemplary citizen and director he was. But it's not my department so nothing I can do about it.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Happy birthday, Mr. Director. While I'm aware of the danger I face for returning, some things are worth the risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:27 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

Thank you your honor.  I will be drinking tonight. All are welcome.  

Had no clue.

Happy birthday indeed Director of Mental Health and acting Director of the Coconut Lounge.

It will be interesting to see if the former director of the Coconut lounge shows his face at tonight's celebration. Snowman gave OTI security the authority to shoot first and ask questions later if he does. Seems a little harsh to me considering what an exemplary citizen and director he was. But it's not my department so nothing I can do about it.

This is very much a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of island so it's just the way it is. That said I think the Aresian can seek asylum in the OTI Papal Nuncio if he at any point fears for his safety so I'd say he should come back an enjoy the party.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Happy Birthday Director! If next week's storm is all rain, you will have a flood of visitors coming to drown their sorrows, especially those stuck in snow holes! Enjoy the Lounge for your birthday and enjoy the quiet before the invasion! drunken drunken

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Gentlemen, I propose a toast.

To the esteemed Director of Mental Health and acting Director of the Coconut Lounge. A most excellent sort whose skill with medicines here on the island is matched only by his mainland artistry and his ability to avoid Farmer Jones. Many mappy....umm happy returns.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:54 pm

TheAresian wrote:Gentlemen, I propose a toast.

To the esteemed Director of Mental Health and acting Director of the Coconut Lounge. A most excellent sort whose skill with medicines here on the island is matched only by his mainland artistry and his ability to avoid Farmer Jones. Many mappy....umm happy returns.

In addition to the Birthday Celebration of my indispensible Assistant Director of the OTI Sanitarium, where he had performed miracles healing those poor individuals suffering from snow deprivation syndrome with his unique therapies, the return of our Director of the Coconut Lounge ,Aresian, is the best news I have seen on OTI this week.Also a visit by an esteemed Mainland Official, the Dutchess of Trained Spottery Janet aka Dunzoo, is an event to be memorialized! We of OTI humbly and graciously welcome you to the Coconut Lounge where the only rain that falls is water in a bourbon or scotch glass! Happy Days are INDEED here again!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Hey Doc good to have you back from your fact finding mission.

Just to brink you up to date, a lot of OTI business was carried out on the banter thread today. So you don't have to go through several pages of dialogue I am nominating Mikey the landscaper for citizenship as soon as you can get Parliament together for a vote. If he does get citizenship we will fast track him for the position of Director of Landscaping. The Island is looking a little shoddy in spots. He certainly seems to have the moral fiber, very little, to fit in perfectly here. I have already warned him about wishing for early springs as that would most certainly kill his chances at citizenship and certainly for a Directors post.

I leave the rest of  the process in you more than capable hands.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
GHEMR
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 pm

My OTI brethren! Thank you all for your kind wishes. Tonight’s celebration has been epic. Way too much bourbon. However the female patients at the sanitarium insisted on celebrating with me. At about 5:30 I liost my senses and as I faded away I thought I saw the Aresian smiling in the corner. Later I came to to the sound of a riding mower and my patients were mumbling something about a landscaper and me being in some tv show with a philippino midget. Too much alcohol

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 am

syosnow94 wrote:My OTI brethren!  Thank you all for your kind wishes. Tonight’s celebration has been epic. Way too much bourbon. However the female patients at the sanitarium insisted on celebrating with me. At about 5:30 I liost my senses and as I faded away I thought I saw the Aresian smiling in the corner. Later I came to to the sound of a riding mower and my patients were mumbling something about a landscaper and me being in some tv show with a philippino midget. Too much alcohol

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

CLASSIC, Jimmy and Happy Birthday my good man!!!!!

I have been advised by CP to investigate the Weather Banter section of the Mainland Board for more information on the busy happenings of OTI these past few days when I was attending to the Dutchess of Fort Lee, my Mom, on the Mainland's needs.

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Hey Doc good to have you back from your fact finding mission.

Just to brink you up to date, a lot of OTI business was carried out on the banter thread today. So you don't have to go through several pages of dialogue I am nominating Mikey the landscaper for citizenship as soon as you can get Parliament together for a vote. If he does get citizenship we will fast track him for the position of Director of Landscaping. The Island is looking a little shoddy in spots. He certainly seems to have the moral fiber, very little, to fit in perfectly here. I have already warned him about wishing for early springs as that would most certainly kill his chances at citizenship and certainly for a Directors post.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
GHEMR

BULLETIN

OTI PARLIAMENTARY DECISION 23987 RE:CITIZENSHIP OF MIKEY P AND DIRECTORSHIP POSITION

OTI Parliament hereby declares this 15th day of March, Anno Domani 2018, the acceptance of Mikey P,aka, Mikey the Landscaper, as a citizen of OTI and appointed to the position of Director of Landscaping.His many pictures on the Mainland Board of the various equpments he owns and his diligence in leafy matters concerning vegetation, is all the evidence we at OTI Parliament need to certify his qualifications for the posiion with the proviso that he will adhere to the #NeverSpring doctrine we at OTI have supported since it's establishment years ago.We warmly extend congratulations to Mikey P and suggest he immediately partake of the many liquid concoctions available at the Coconut Lounge currently being run by it's interim Director, Syosnow.

As ever,
Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament
Director of the OTI Sanitarium
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 am

I return to the mainland now. I thank you all for your most excellent hospitality and it reminded me of better, moral free days. As a gift for the the birthday boy, I ordered him 2 white tuxedos and a Filipino midget. Turns out you really can get everything on Amazon.

P.S. If Syo doesn't want the midget, perhaps he could give it to Mikey who could then mount it on a riding mower like one of those little hula dancers.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:17 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Hey Doc good to have you back from your fact finding mission.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Director of the Treasury
GHEMR

BULLETIN

OTI PARLIAMENTARY DECISION 23987 RE:CITIZENSHIP OF MIKEY P AND DIRECTORSHIP POSITION

OTI Parliament hereby declares this 15th day of March, Anno Domani 2018, the acceptance of Mikey P,aka, Mikey the Landscaper, as a citizen of OTI and appointed to the position of Director of Landscaping.His many pictures on the Mainland Board of the various equpments he owns and his diligence in leafy matters concerning vegetation, is all the evidence we at OTI Parliament need to certify his qualifications for the posiion with the proviso that he will adhere to the #NeverSpring doctrine we at OTI have supported since it's establishment years ago.We warmly extend congratulations to Mikey P and suggest he immediately partake of the many liquid concoctions available at the Coconut Lounge currently being run by it's interim Director, Syosnow.

As ever,
Docstox
Director of OTI Parliament
Director of the OTI Sanitarium

Geez Doc I hope our resident phenologist appreciates how quickly you acted on this.

From citizen to Director of Landscaping all in one bill. I thought we brought TheAresian along quickly with his one week rise from citizen to head bouncer to Director of the Coconut Lounge, but this has the Parliaments head spinning. Hopefully Mikey P's quick rise through the ranks doesn't see the same crash that befell TheAresian.

It was good to see him last night but lucky for him that snowman was asleep at the switch. He lives to see another day, The man seems to have nine lives, hopefully several are left.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 am

Greetings fellow brethren! I am humbled to be here and cannot wait to get started on my new career! Thank you for allowing me to be here! I am going to head over to the Coconut Lounge for a few pina coladas, and start planning the layout of a new flower garden.

Sincerely,
Mikey Pizano, Director of Landscaping
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 pm

A little “ surveillance video” from my birthday bash last night at the lounge.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:53 pm

syosnow94 wrote:A little “ surveillance video” from my birthday bash last night at the lounge.  

EXCELLENT interim Director of the Coconut Lounge!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum