NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0

+44
sabamfa
kalleg
skinsfan1177
Radz
deblanka
GreyBeard
Quietace
Joe Snow
aiannone
oldtimer
Sanchize06
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
richb521
gigs68
essexcountypete
WeatherBob
SENJsnowman
dad4twoboys
amugs
Dtone
Taffy
Scullybutcher
Dunnzoo
brownie
weatherwatchermom
SNOW MAN
jimv45
RJB8525
nutleyblizzard
billg315
jmanley32
dkodgis
frank 638
algae888
docstox12
Grselig
Math23x7
rb924119
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
Nyi1058
mikeypizano
Frank_Wx
48 posters

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 14 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by mikeypizano Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Snow insulates and helps ticks survive... ticks are a huge problem

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scullybutcher Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:40 pm

I hate ticks and hope they die. Lol. Big problem, over here by me, along with the deer, raccoons, and opossum.

Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Spent a large part of my life in the woods. Fishing. Hunting walking through brush. Done it upstate LI. You name it. I think the tick issues is WAAAY overblown IMHO. After you get home take a shower and pull any ticks off. What’s the big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:33 pm

syosnow94 wrote:Spent a large part of my life in the woods. Fishing. Hunting walking through brush. Done it upstate LI. You name it. I think the tick issues is WAAAY overblown IMHO. After you get home take a shower and pull any ticks off. What’s the big deal.

As someone who is out there every day in Spring, Summer and Fall, it is a big deal to me as sometimes you don't notice it. You come home exhausted, take a shower... never notice it on ya...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:22 am

syosnow94 wrote:Spent a large part of my life in the woods. Fishing. Hunting walking through brush. Done it upstate LI. You name it. I think the tick issues is WAAAY overblown IMHO. After you get home take a shower and pull any ticks off. What’s the big deal.

Spend most of your time in the woods in eastern Suffolk Jimmy and see if you feel the same way. 50% of humans diagnosed with tick disease never saw the tick that bit them.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:25 am

sroc4 wrote:

Spend most of your time in the woods in eastern Suffolk Jimmy and see if you feel the same way.  50% of humans diagnosed with tick disease never saw the tick that bit them.  

I couldn't agree more Scott. I've seen people lives up here almost destroyed by Lyme. I'd urge anyone who saw dad4twoboys post that suspects they may have lyme to follow up on the numbers and names he posted.

dad4twoboys wrote:Tinnitus/hyperacusis, eye floaters, eye pain, crepitus or swollen stiff joints, stiff neck, headaches, muscle soreness, visual disturbances, photo sensitivities, gastrointestinal issues, night sweats, cognitive deficits, lethargy, quick to tire, Heart issues such as enlarged heart, arrhythmia, heart block (to name but a few) are indicative of possible Tick Borne Infections such as LYME or possible co-infections.

More than 50% of those bitten do not/will not present with a "Bullseye" rash. Symptoms can wax and wane.

Tick Borne Infections Questionnaire

Me: Lyme and co-infections un/misdiagnosed from 1999 to 2008.
Treatment with Lyme Literate MD 2008-2011
I still struggle with the aftermath (and possibly ongoing chronic infections)

DO NOT TRUST CURRENT BLOOD LABS AS THEY ARE EXTREMELY INACCURATE !

There is a specialty Lab in Palo Alto California that is considered the BEST in TESTING

IGENEX TBD Specialty Lab (TBD - Tick Borne Diseases)

I will be happy to help answer any questions as this is just a quick PSA from me.

Bob
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 am

Possums are great at eating ticks too!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am

mikeypizano wrote:Possums are great at eating ticks too!
Mikey, its time to be afraid.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 14 Unknow10

A good friend of mine had Lyme disease. No fun. Debilitating.

Now back to business.  I hate this windshield wiper effect of every storm!!!  Yes.  I get it.  It happens all the time, but its just hard to follow it without getting emotionally involved.  Like the Mets getting into the playoffs and the World Series.  Happens only a few times in a lifetime.  Can't help getting my hopes up. But its worth the win.  Sadly, many of us are too old for 1986.  Perfect age for me.  A kid at 16!!   1996 snow was an incredible storm.  Truly the first big one that I can remember vividly.  OK  so Vive Le Snow.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:20 am

Grselig wrote:

A good friend of mine had Lyme disease.  No fun.  Debilitating.

Now back to business.  I hate this windshield wiper effect of every storm!!!  Yes.  I get it.  It happens all the time, but its just hard to follow it without getting emotionally involved.  Like the Mets getting into the playoffs and the World Series.  Happens only a few times in a lifetime.  Can't help getting my hopes up. But its worth the win.  Sadly, many of us are too old for 1986.  Perfect age for me.  A kid at 16!!   1996 snow was an incredible storm.  Truly the first big one that I can remember vividly.  OK  so Vive Le Snow.

LOL, then you certainly will not remember the Mets World Series win of 1969 and the Mayor Lindsay february 1969 snowstorm either!

Yes, the windshieled wiper effect stinks but part of the technology available these days.Sure makes for some interesting comments in in the Long Range thread!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:22 am

syosnow94 wrote:
amugs wrote:JESUS H LOOK AT THIS GEFS!!!!!!!!

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 14 Gfs-ens_z500_vort_us_fh114_trend.gif.92e2578b0f0559cf9782ddda67d009a4

One thing to note Al is on the last frame of that loop it looks like energy comes crashing into the west coast and tries to mute the western ridge or at least bump it east, which COULD send our storm further south and east

If this  storm somehow falls apart on us now, as a few models started hinting at yesterday, this is the post from yesterday that started everything going south. I don't want to use names until we see what actually happens but it rhymes with Fiossnow94.

Woe to the man that steals another mans snow
It would be better if that man had never been born.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
amugs wrote:JESUS H LOOK AT THIS GEFS!!!!!!!!

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 14 Gfs-ens_z500_vort_us_fh114_trend.gif.92e2578b0f0559cf9782ddda67d009a4

One thing to note Al is on the last frame of that loop it looks like energy comes crashing into the west coast and tries to mute the western ridge or at least bump it east, which COULD send our storm further south and east

If this  storm somehow falls apart on us now, as a few models started hinting at yesterday, this is the post from yesterday that started everything going south. I don't want to use names until we see what actually happens but it rhymes with Fiossnow94.

Woe to the man that steals another mans snow
It would be better if that man had never been born.

Could not agree with you more.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:31 am

Hey Doc and anyone else.   I apologize for the wording of my post this am.  It was a knee jerk reaction to comments, that really weren't horrible, by multiple people; not just an individual, that may have been headed down the "this storm is over" direction.  I def did not mean to offend anyone at all.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by richb521 Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 am

Great job as always to all on this board for their analysis/forecasts! I’m normally a lurker (I follow here more than any tv station) but just wanted to say I love everybody’s insight!

richb521

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 am

sroc4 wrote:Hey Doc and anyone else.   I apologize for the wording of my post this am.  It was a knee jerk reaction to comments, that really weren't horrible, by multiple people; not just an individual, that may have been headed down the "this storm is over" direction.  I def did not mean to offend anyone at all.

No problem Doc!! No offense taken.Hoping for a big finale snowstorm for us all!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:46 am

sroc4 wrote:Hey Doc and anyone else.   I apologize for the wording of my post this am.  It was a knee jerk reaction to comments, that really weren't horrible, by multiple people; not just an individual, that may have been headed down the "this storm is over" direction.  I def did not mean to offend anyone at all.

I for one am deeply offended. Triggered actually! This forum is supposed to be a safe space where we tolerate all opinions. I now based on Scott’s comments feel threatened and very emotional. If you ageee with me I will be contacting ANTIFA and we will be in WadingvRiver this evening. The plan is to march in force until we find a veterinary practice where we will riot and loot. I hope to also find some weird animal medications during my looting that I can use on my patients at OTI

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 am

docstox12 wrote:
Grselig wrote:

A good friend of mine had Lyme disease.  No fun.  Debilitating.

LOL, then you certainly will not remember the Mets World Series win of 1969 and the Mayor Lindsay february 1969 snowstorm either!

Yes, the windshieled wiper effect stinks but part of the technology available these days.Sure makes for some interesting comments in in the Long Range thread!

Yeah, I was not yet born. Close March 15, 1970.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:12 am

syosnow94 wrote:

I for one am deeply offended. Triggered actually!  This forum is supposed to be a safe space where we tolerate all opinions. I now based on Scott’s comments feel threatened and very emotional. If you ageee with me I will be contacting ANTIFA and we will be in WadingvRiver this evening. The plan is to march in force until we find a veterinary practice where we will riot and loot. I hope to also find some weird animal medications during my looting that I can use on my patients at OTI

Well if I have to be honest, and I'm not one that likes to cause controversy, but actually you and Docstox are the cause of this whole controversy.

As I pointed out earlier you started this storm on a downward path yesterday with your post about deamplifying the Western Ridge when mugs made his map posting, and then Docstox threw napalm on the 100,000 acre forest fire by posting his National Weather Service rhetoric this morning.

You both need a timeout, in a safe space somewhere, for some reprogramming. That's just my thoughts.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

I for one am deeply offended. Triggered actually!  This forum is supposed to be a safe space where we tolerate all opinions. I now based on Scott’s comments feel threatened and very emotional. If you ageee with me I will be contacting ANTIFA and we will be in WadingvRiver this evening. The plan is to march in force until we find a veterinary practice where we will riot and loot. I hope to also find some weird animal medications during my looting that I can use on my patients at OTI

Well if I have to be honest, and I'm not one that likes to cause controversy, but actually you and Docstox are the cause of this whole controversy.

As I pointed out earlier you started this storm on a downward path yesterday with your post about deamplifying the Western Ridge when mugs made his map posting, and then Docstox threw napalm on the 100,000 acre forest fire by posting his National Weather Service rhetoric this morning.

You both need a timeout, in a safe space somewhere, for some reprogramming. That's just my thoughts.

We have experienced this before. This St. Patrick's Day morning we have entered a zone filled with negativity. Napalm feeding forest fires. Plagues of people eating ticks unleashed on the unsuspecting shores of eastern Pennsylvania. Leprechauns breaking into peoples homes and stealing Lucky Charms. A few normally good men gone to the Dark Side (Syo, Doc and Mikey P). We need a sacrifice. For the good of the NY Metro area. The last member to join our esteemed forum was "AleurToot". Single post. Bad joojoo. Maybe the cause of our misses. The name of AleurToot must be sacrificed by deep freeze in order to save Roidzilla. Sorry Toots!!!! shocked Yes, this has been done before so this is not an original idea. But it may have worked!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am

Well if you are looting, I need HeartGuard for my dog please.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am

This forum is full of cooks. That’s why I feel so at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am

syosnow94 wrote:This forum is full of cooks. That’s why I feel so at home.

Jimmy, to address your disdain of the "guy" moniker you have been given!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skBoyvsANHE

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:49 am

Great stuff Doc. Is Frank Bruno?

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:48 am

syosnow94 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:12z NAM

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 14 5aad3066ac39b_sn10_acc.us_ne(2).png.772b25e493d302fb378a7bceb3608416
That’s what you get CP. and a Frank maybe if you stopped calling me Guy the NAM a would be kinder to you as well tongue

But why must Doc, Damian, Hyde, Jim, Radz and all Other Hudson Valley residents suffer for my perceived sins. Really doesn't seem fair.

Of course the chances that that map verifies in four days is probably less than 10%. I Actually like the position were in right now.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:49 am

I like where we are too. But the NAM has led the way this winter

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:08 pm

syosnow94 wrote:I like where we are too. But the NAM has led the way this winter

Yep, I agree 100%
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm

syosnow94 wrote:

Look on the bright side, Syo. You're in the perfect place to be a snowflake.

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli5783 Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:53 pm

after what the jets did today,moving up in the draft to #3 in a trade with the colts,all i need now is to hit the powerball tonight

mwilli5783

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum