NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+38
Taffy
aiannone
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
bloc1357
CPcantmeasuresnow
Scullybutcher
sabamfa
rb924119
lja
Irish
heehaw453
mikeypizano
Analog96
kalleg
Jack D.
Quietace
HectorO
algae888
nutleyblizzard
Frank_Wx
dkodgis
Math23x7
Snow88
Bkdude
brownie
sroc4
jimv45
GreyBeard
billg315
frank 638
docstox12
amugs
weatherwatchermom
mwilli
jmanley32
Grselig
Dunnzoo
42 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 24 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by HectorO Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:38 pm

Did the dreaded dry slot veer it's ugly head again? From here on out whatever the Mets says, it's usually half of that. Why do they always miss the dry slot? Anyways to be honest, this was still a nice event during the holidays to get us in the spirit!

HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Scullybutcher Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:18 pm

32 degrees, snowing steady big and little flakes and maybe a touch of sleet.

Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:27 pm

Meh not a very exciting storm here even during the heaviest part, I know there may be more later but NWS dropped me sig so i am not sticking around as they will likely drop it even more, ill be surprised if i get to franks low end of my 8-12. Sitting at 5-6 when I measured a hour or two ago it was 5 but its snowed since then. Ill be up a bit longer see if anything changes but I cannot say it wasn't nice to see some snow already : )
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:31 pm

mwilli wrote:This morning I buried my cat of 14 years at the side of my house(passed yesterday after a 4 week battle most likely feline leukimia)he had a very good life. So now he'll be covered with fresh snow all around him.
I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby Sad
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:35 am

Hey MattyICE, if you’re following along, I was just banned from 33 because of “abusive behavior” because of the following post calling them out. I guess if you’re in the club, it’s ok to bash people, but if you’re not, you can’t speak out about being bashed:

“I don’t usually do this because I don’t like to pat my own back, but in this case I’m going to. The picture above was initial thoughts I posted, which were then subsequently removed, taken to another thread, and then that thread was removed in short order. Effectively, I was shadow banned by our very own @NJwxguy78 because I dissented from public opinion, and, because of “cold, hard facts”. But, before I was, @brooklynwx99 was kind enough to respectfully engage in a discussion, albeit brief, about what I didn’t like about this storm, and my early thoughts are in the above response.

From these initial thoughts I developed an actual forecast, which was posted after this on another forum (but not here), because again, I was shadow banned. As the runs came in, I stayed quiet here while engaging in civil discussion elsewhere,  and as we drew nearer to the event, I began seeing posts and tweets from posters like @CCB! and Eric Webb highlighting things that led to the northwest shift in the track, and an eventually less snowy outcome for most of us, and every single one of them were things that I mentioned above and in my more detailed discussion last week. But again, cold, hard facts, right? Since it wasn’t posted here, I’ll post the link to my video discussion in case anybody is interested in hearing what I had to say.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efJNFVge-eqz6jJkc3zmYd6NpUPRl_bD/view?usp=sharing

Moral of the story is I’d say my ideas had merit, a lot of it, and I found it ironic that @CCB!’s post about not bashing people who were doing their best to interpret the steady stream of model data (which was a great post, I might add) was literally applauded by the very person that ostracized and targeted me for my thoughts earlier because he didn’t agree. The point of a forum is to be able to have open and respectful discourse, and free debate of ideas; luxuries that I was largely not afforded. And I want it known that I tried to bring level-headed caution to people about why I thought that this wasn’t “our storm”, and who’s storm I thought it would be. But don’t worry, I’ll remain in the shadows from now on so as not upset the proverbial apple cart again.“

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Taffy and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:41 am

When forums are run like communists countries is when you know it’s probably not the place to be. Obviously we value your presence and input here. Of course everyone wants the snowier outcome. It doesn’t always work out. Somehow need to find a way to stay level headed. Posters here do a good job of that, but it’s natural if you can’t help it haha. Including me!

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

amugs, Taffy, brownie and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:43 am

By the way you can tag people

@MattyIce

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:56 am

rb924119 wrote:Hey MattyICE, if you’re following along, I was just banned from 33 because of “abusive behavior” because of the following post calling them out. I guess if you’re in the club, it’s ok to bash people, but if you’re not, you can’t speak out about being bashed:

“I don’t usually do this because I don’t like to pat my own back, but in this case I’m going to. The picture above was initial thoughts I posted, which were then subsequently removed, taken to another thread, and then that thread was removed in short order. Effectively, I was shadow banned by our very own @NJwxguy78 because I dissented from public opinion, and, because of “cold, hard facts”. But, before I was, @brooklynwx99 was kind enough to respectfully engage in a discussion, albeit brief, about what I didn’t like about this storm, and my early thoughts are in the above response.

From these initial thoughts I developed an actual forecast, which was posted after this on another forum (but not here), because again, I was shadow banned. As the runs came in, I stayed quiet here while engaging in civil discussion elsewhere,  and as we drew nearer to the event, I began seeing posts and tweets from posters like @CCB! and Eric Webb highlighting things that led to the northwest shift in the track, and an eventually less snowy outcome for most of us, and every single one of them were things that I mentioned above and in my more detailed discussion last week. But again, cold, hard facts, right? Since it wasn’t posted here, I’ll post the link to my video discussion in case anybody is interested in hearing what I had to say.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efJNFVge-eqz6jJkc3zmYd6NpUPRl_bD/view?usp=sharing

Moral of the story is I’d say my ideas had merit, a lot of it, and I found it ironic that @CCB!’s post about not bashing people who were doing their best to interpret the steady stream of model data (which was a great post, I might add) was literally applauded by the very person that ostracized and targeted me for my thoughts earlier because he didn’t agree. The point of a forum is to be able to have open and respectful discourse, and free debate of ideas; luxuries that I was largely not afforded. And I want it known that I tried to bring level-headed caution to people about why I thought that this wasn’t “our storm”, and who’s storm I thought it would be. But don’t worry, I’ll remain in the shadows from now on so as not upset the proverbial apple cart again.“

rb, please DO NOT remain in the shadows.What happened to you is what is happening on leftist college campuses today, anybody who has a conservative point of you is yelled at or threatened with physical violence by the "woke" "cancel culture" crowd.So much for higher institutions being erudite institutions where ALL ideas can be discussed and learned from by the students.
Let's not let that happen to this wonderful weather site.You and Doc's discussion of the storm exemplifies the intelligent, respectful exchange of ideas that benefit all of us here trying to learn.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

amugs, rb924119 and dkodgis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:57 am

Frank_Wx wrote:When forums are run like communists countries is when you know it’s probably not the place to be. Obviously we value your presence and input here. Of course everyone wants the snowier outcome. It doesn’t always work out. Somehow need to find a way to stay level headed. Posters here do a good job of that, but it’s natural if you can’t help it haha. Including me!

Haha thanks, Frank! I assume that’s why you don’t post much over there either, then?

I don’t mind getting excited, I do it all the time. I just don’t like not being able to engage in a discussion of ideas, ALL ideas. They claim they’re the best and have the most unbiased analysis, but when you take a step back and look, they clearly have a cold and snow bias that overwhelms their objectivity, and acceptance of differing opinions. I loved being over there because of the information you get, but they definitely are cliquish and are hostile to outsiders who challenge them, which is the exact opposite of science.

I admit that I am biased toward my own ideas, but I also own up to the failure if they bust, I don’t hide like some of them do. If I’m wrong, let me make a fool of myself; don’t censor me.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

amugs and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:01 am

rb924119 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:When forums are run like communists countries is when you know it’s probably not the place to be. Obviously we value your presence and input here. Of course everyone wants the snowier outcome. It doesn’t always work out. Somehow need to find a way to stay level headed. Posters here do a good job of that, but it’s natural if you can’t help it haha. Including me!

Haha thanks, Frank! I assume that’s why you don’t post much over there either, then?

I don’t mind getting excited, I do it all the time. I just don’t like not being able to engage in a discussion of ideas, ALL ideas. They claim they’re the best and have the most unbiased analysis, but when you take a step back and look, they clearly have a cold and snow bias that overwhelms their objectivity, and acceptance of differing opinions. I loved being over there because of the information you get, but they definitely are cliquish and are hostile to outsiders who challenge them, which is the exact opposite of science.

I admit that I am biased toward my own ideas, but I also own up to the failure if they bust, I don’t hide like some of them do. If I’m wrong, let me make a fool of myself; don’t censor me.

GOOD for you rb, and I agree with you 100%!!! Science is the rational discussion of ALL ideas for the benefit of all.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow, rb924119 and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:04 am

What DocStox12 said was what I was thinking after reading your initial post. I agree. Do not rock the boat; flip the miserable thing over.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:06 am

docstox12 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:Hey MattyICE, if you’re following along, I was just banned from 33 because of “abusive behavior” because of the following post calling them out. I guess if you’re in the club, it’s ok to bash people, but if you’re not, you can’t speak out about being bashed:

rb, please DO NOT remain in the shadows.What happened to you is what is happening on leftist college campuses today, anybody who has a conservative point of you is yelled at or threatened  with physical violence by the "woke" "cancel culture" crowd.So much for higher institutions being erudite institutions where ALL ideas can be discussed and learned from by the students.
Let's not let that happen to this wonderful weather site.You and Doc's discussion of the storm exemplifies the intelligent, respectful exchange of ideas that benefit all of us here trying to learn.

Don’t worry, Doc, I’m not going anywhere (unless Frank has other plans haha). Yeah, I was trying to keep politics out of it, since I know it’s a very charged topic, especially these days, and since I don’t like bringing something so divisive (at least anymore, as you so accurately stated above) into something that I love. But, what just took place is certainly parallel, at the very least haha anyway, I’m not here for sympathy, I just wanted to make known what happened because I know we have folks here who cross platforms, so to answer any questions before they’ve been asked, I wanted to post about it, but to also expose them for who they really are haha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:09 am

rb924119 wrote:

100%

And yea, not for me

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 am

I was on another board for a bit. However, some posts which did not involve me were quite shocking. I saw nothing done about them. I excused myself from the garbage. Such is the nature of some who post. I guess those people were snatched up and not raised up.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

rb924119 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Jesus super mega bust here and the next town over and even the Bronx south of me all saw double the snow I got?! How is that possible as I have stated theres something with yonkers, we are cursed or have some kinda of globe around us that prevents from ever jackpotting any kind of weather.  I guess it is what it is but cant say I am not dissappointed.  Meanwhile in CT 12+ and snowing hard as of 8am. I guess I wil ltake my daughter 5 minutes to Mt. Vernon or the Bronx to play in their 10-11 inches versus my 5.

Last edited by jmanley32 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Jesus super mega bust here and the next town over and even the Bronx south of me all saw double the snow I got?! How is that possible as I have stated theres something with yonkers, we are cursed or have some kinda of globe around us that prevents from ever jackpotting any kind of weather.  I guess it is what it is but cant say I am not dissappointed.  Meanwhile in CT 12+ and snowing hard as of 8am.

I am setting up a gofundme on facebook today so you can move to northern westchester. Twenty miles, that's all it takes.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

dkodgis and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:31 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Jesus super mega bust here and the next town over and even the Bronx south of me all saw double the snow I got?! How is that possible as I have stated theres something with yonkers, we are cursed or have some kinda of globe around us that prevents from ever jackpotting any kind of weather.  I guess it is what it is but cant say I am not dissappointed.  Meanwhile in CT 12+ and snowing hard as of 8am.

I am setting up a gofundme on facebook today so you can move to northern westchester. Twenty miles, that's all it takes.
LOL my point is HOW did NYC end upo witrh more.  And Al lives literally 5 minutes in the same county. And both saw much more. I do not think white plains did much better. Thats 20 miles north of me.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Mugs - wishing you a very happy and fun and snowy birthday!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

LOL my point is HOW did NYC end upo witrh more.  And Al lives literally 5 minutes in the same county. And both saw much more. I do not think white plains did much better.  Thats 20 miles north of me.

Jamin fantastic that you got a chance to sled with your daughter there's a great place to go sledding in Yonkers dunwoodie Golf Course I believe your daughter is very young so probably not good for her but definitely as she gets older it's a great place to go I have very fond memories of sledding with my daughters there
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 pm

algae888 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

LOL my point is HOW did NYC end upo witrh more.  And Al lives literally 5 minutes in the same county. And both saw much more. I do not think white plains did much better.  Thats 20 miles north of me.

Jamin fantastic that you got a chance to sled with your daughter there's a great place to go sledding in Yonkers dunwoodie Golf Course I believe your daughter is very young so probably not good for her but definitely as she gets older it's a great place to go I have very fond memories of sledding with my daughters there
Yeah shes 7, there's a tiny hill behind our back yard thats perfect for her, I think a really big hill would scare her but I did want to know where there were bigger hills, I used to work on a golf course and you got chased off if you sled, if one of the grounds keepers came to check in on the course. Do they allow it?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:30 pm

Never had anyone throw us off over there usually about a hundred people show up the day after a snowfall it's usually better the second or third day as the snow gets a little compacted but it's definitely for when she's closer to a teenager
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:23 pm

I’m dealing with a crisis

I’m too lazy to change the forum out of storm mode

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Wow, that temp change from Christmas Eve to Christmas LOL. 50's to only a high of 24 for me the next day for me and some snow showers.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:I’m dealing with a crisis

Lets savor it. First time it feels like winter in 2 years!

Hope everything is ok
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:45 am

Grselig wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:I’m dealing with a crisis

Lets savor it.  First time it feels like winter in 2 years!

Hope everything is ok

The crisis was my laziness, not anything serious haha

Also, I did NOT make the forum appear the way it is. It did it on its own....

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:48 am

In the winter of my content, leave it pink. A nice color
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 am

I think we have to stick with this until the pattern turns against us. I don't like what I'm seeing for Christmas Eve but hopefully that has time to change between now and then.

Mid 40's and an inch or two of rain the day before Christmas would really be a kick in the ass.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum