NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 7.0

+33
brownie
mmanisca
Grselig
GreyBeard
Dunnzoo
Taffy
Quietace
HectorO
Frank_Wx
billg315
dolphins222
sroc4
essexcountypete
docstox12
Ronfdny
TheAresian
phil155
Scullybutcher
Math23x7
lglickman1
dkodgis
weatherwatchermom
jmanley32
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
rb924119
nutleyblizzard
crippo84
RJB8525
frank 638
mikeypizano
heehaw453
amugs
37 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 20 Empty Re: Banter Thread 7.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:17 pm

dkodgis wrote:Mom, it is easy to go in there and spend that

normally that would have been a lot less and there is no real food in that cart..still spent at butcher..grocery store..but my husband did notice the one thing I bought for xmas deocrating...lol thats what threw it over the top..

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 pm

This if VERIFIED is a powwow of a correlation and repeat of history.

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

sroc4 and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:38 am

Hey not sure if I missed a post has anyone heard from jtseife after the storm?
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:17 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:Hey not sure if I missed a post has anyone heard from jtseife after the storm?

Sadly I do not believe we have Mom.  Like my buddy in Fort Myers Im sure she is displaced as Im pretty sure her area of Port Charlette area was equally affected as the Ft Myers region in terms of surge and winds, but I could be mistaken.  I have only been able to speak with my buddy a couple of times briefly as he has been working his fingers to the bone gutting his house.  Fortunately for him the main structure of the house is still intact, but everything in it was destroyed.  He just sent me a pic last night with the inside of his house literally down to the frame.  

I hate to be that guy but I did put a GoFundMe page together for my buddy and his family.  If anyone out there is willing to donate awesome, but please by no means feel obligated.  I'm casting as big a net as I can to try and help him get back on his feet.  Me and my family are flying down there on the 21st to see what we can do to help.  

https://www.gofundme.com/f/q6tqm8-a-wonderful-family-in-need

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:47 am

sroc4 wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:Hey not sure if I missed a post has anyone heard from jtseife after the storm?

Sadly I do not believe we have Mom.  Like my buddy in Fort Myers Im sure she is displaced as Im pretty sure her area of Port Charlette area was equally affected as the Ft Myers region in terms of surge and winds, but I could be mistaken.  I have only been able to speak with my buddy a couple of times briefly as he has been working his fingers to the bone gutting his house.  Fortunately for him the main structure of the house is still intact, but everything in it was destroyed.  He just sent me a pic last night with the inside of his house literally down to the frame.  

I hate to be that guy but I did put a GoFundMe page together for my buddy and his family.  If anyone out there is willing to donate awesome, but please by no means feel obligated.  I'm casting as big a net as I can to try and help him get back on his feet.  Me and my family are flying down there on the 21st to see what we can do to help.  

https://www.gofundme.com/f/q6tqm8-a-wonderful-family-in-need

Scott, I am so sorry for what your friend and family are  going thru. I am sure they will appreciate your help! I contacted my ex and he and his family are all good..had damage, but from what I got from his text, they will be ok. I really hope Jts wife and family are ok. This is all just so devastating and bringing back bad memories of what we went thru in our communities 10 years ago.I will take a look at the go fund me page later today. This morning I am dealing with my first ever flea issue in the 30 years I have dogs.. Sad . You would not like me as a patient right now.. I have done a ton of reading, torn apart the house, bought a new vacuum, and called the vets office 4 times in the last week...hahaha I think they like me..I take care of them with goodies..after they hear from me a few times....I just need to get thru this.  I think we caught it early...fingers crossed. Ruby is so tiny I hate to put her thru all the chems(capstar, flea dip)you need to use to get rid of the mess. She sees the dawn bottle and runs..lol and I am taking her to groomers this morning to make sure she is all good..Dash survived his routine(capstar/dawn baths/new flea med) and I hope he is all good..yuck..we are in 2022 why is there not a better way to get rid of fleas??? Have a good morning and fingers crossed we get an update from our weather friend soon!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by kalleg Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:15 am

Years ago we moved into a new house--didn't know that it was INFESTED with fleas. Discovered it pretty quickly when our cat kept running from her bowl to the bathroom where she preferred to sleep on the bathroom sink counter. (A very smart cat!) Had to remove the old wall to wall carpeting, drapes (which were all quite ugly in any case) and have the house fumigated while we were away. It was awful--can so sympathize with all you're having to do to keep the fleas at bay...

kalleg

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Doc, I do rhythm. You’re a gem. 

I got my license in 71. I had a used Dodge Dart 1960. No street cred. Cars were ancient in those days if they had ten years on them. I have a 2009 Hyunda with. 300,000 miles on it. I do all the car work. I keep them until the bitter end
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:32 pm

Siberia Snow Growth is going to take off

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:15 pm

This on top of the MASSIVE Hunga Tonga VEI 6 volcanic explosion, the strongest since Tomba in the early 1800'a, we may have witnessed a volcanic winter in the SH or the beginning of it. The water vaopr and particulates are crossing over the equator and may just effect our sensible weather come winter as well.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:16 pm

WOW Siberia snow growth has exploded this week. Let's keep the chia pet going!!

Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 20 Feut1p10

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:00 pm

My family made it out ok in Tampa and Jacksonville. Crazy storm. Where it hit, it really hit hard. But after going through several hurricanes growing up, this one was weird in the sense that areas like Tampa would have seen significant damage. Did it fall apart quick when arriving? I've felt category 1 winds from a storm less powerful 2 states away before.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

amugs, brownie and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:34 am

[quote="HectorO"]My family made it out ok in Tampa and Jacksonville. Crazy storm. Where it hit, it really hit hard. But after going through several hurricanes growing up,  this one was weird in the sense that areas like Tampa would have seen significant damage. Did it fall apart quick when arriving? I've felt category 1 winds from a storm less powerful 2 states away before.[/quote

Glad everybody is ok Hector.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Hector God Bless and glad everyone is safe.

WOW CFS has been harping on this an dthis would be the KOD but would it this winter??

Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 20 FeZH8hIUYAAfvu7?format=png&name=medium

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 pm

I know most of you folks are hoping for a cold and snowy winter, but as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for". Saw on the news that OPEC is cutting back on production. Not good news for those of us that rely on oil to heat our homes. I've been keeping an eye on prices and the fact that they are cutting back has sent prices up by around 60 cents a gallon overnight. I usually pay c.o.d. and cheapest I see now is $4.57 a gallon to as much as $4.80. As prices normally increase as the weather gets colder, I fear things aren't looking too good, and will only get worse. I hope I am wrong. I fear for senior citizens on fixed incomes who might have to choose between heat or eat.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:14 pm

GreyBeard wrote:I know most of you folks are hoping for a cold and snowy winter, but as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for". Saw on the news that OPEC is cutting back on production. Not good news for those of us that rely on oil to heat our homes. I've been keeping an eye on prices and the fact that they are cutting back has sent prices up by around 60 cents a gallon overnight. I usually pay c.o.d. and cheapest I see now is $4.57 a gallon to as much as $4.80. As prices normally increase as the weather gets colder, I fear things aren't looking too good, and will only get worse. I hope I am wrong. I fear for senior citizens on fixed incomes who might have to choose between heat or eat.

Sorry to hear that Greybeard, the oil market is shaped by sentiment and that 60 cent bump is what you see.Far from what my Dad paid in the 1950's for heating oil, 17 cents a gallon.He switched to nat gas years later.Would that be a cheaper alternative? I realize the cost of switching would be high but nat gas is always there whereas oil is iffy.Come to think of it, my Dad switched right after the first oil embargo in 1973.
To be reliant on bad regimes for our oil is a crime when we were self sufficient a few years ago.Hope it all works out for you.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

kalleg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:17 pm

GreyBeard wrote:I know most of you folks are hoping for a cold and snowy winter, but as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for". Saw on the news that OPEC is cutting back on production. Not good news for those of us that rely on oil to heat our homes. I've been keeping an eye on prices and the fact that they are cutting back has sent prices up by around 60 cents a gallon overnight. I usually pay c.o.d. and cheapest I see now is $4.57 a gallon to as much as $4.80. As prices normally increase as the weather gets colder, I fear things aren't looking too good, and will only get worse. I hope I am wrong. I fear for senior citizens on fixed incomes who might have to choose between heat or eat.

So Very true GreyBeard.  Of course the kid in us, at least many of us, hopes for tons of cold and snow.  But this year there seems to be much more at stake then normal.  The fact that most of the world, including many Americans, believe that our corrupt government may have been responsible for sabotaging the Nord Stream pipeline(there is a fair amt of circumstantial evidence to support that) means that there will be many who want to turn their backs on us.  Unless Biden decides to dip even further into our reserves, that's the only reason prices have dropped btw conveniently a month from elections, prices will likely shoot back way up for reasons you highlighted.  Scary times.  Don't let the smoke and mirrors the politicians are throwing at us fool you.

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

GreyBeard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:25 pm

sroc4 wrote:

So Very true GreyBeard.  Of course the kid in us, at least many of us, hopes for tons of cold and snow.  But this year there seems to be much more at stake then normal.  The fact that most of the world, including many Americans, believe that our corrupt government may have been responsible for sabotaging the Nord Stream pipeline(there is a fair amt of circumstantial evidence to support that) means that there will be many who want to turn their backs on us.  Unless Biden decides to dip even further into our reserves, that's the only reason prices have dropped btw conveniently a month from elections, prices will likely shoot back way up for reasons you highlighted.  Scary times.  Don't let the smoke and mirrors the politicians are throwing at us fool you.

Those strategic reserves are only supposed to be used in a dire situation, like a complete shut off of oil coming here by unfriendly nations.From day one this administration has been hostile to oil and gas, to wit, shutting down Keystone.That created the SENTIMENT as I mention in my post above, for speculators in the oil market, to drive prices higher.A  11 year old kid who ran a lemonade stand for the summer, knows more about the economy and running a business than this 40 year career politician President we have.Now he has gone hat in hand to the murdering butcher Maduro in Venezuela  to try and get oil.
OK, rant over, sorry to get political and I won't do it again, just venting the steam coming out of my ears,LOL.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

sroc4 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:50 pm

Docstox, I'm not really sure what you mean by the market being driven by sentiment. Are you looking at it more from an investor/speculator's point of view?
I am going by more of a supply and demand perspective. We all know there will be more of a demand with the weather getting colder,so the demand will be there, but if there is less of a supply,resulting from OPEC's cut in the production,won't that drive the price up? I get your point about converting to gas but considering conversion costs and the fact that I might be relocating in the not too distant future,that's not really a viable option for me at this time.

I got an oil delivery back on September 22nd.@ $4.24 a gallon. A week later, the price dropped to $4.05. Then they announced the cutback in production,and boom,price today is $4.57. It's always a very volatile market that usually surges at this time of year.

Scott, I love a good snowstorm as much as anybody. Just not a big fan of extended cold spells where I hear my furnace constantly running day and night. Here's hoping we all get thru the winter without having to dig too much deeper in our pockets.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

sroc4 and brownie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:52 pm

It has been warm enough for my grass seed to sprout. A small victory. As for oil, yes.  It is a manipulated market and to add more worry, heating oil is reportedly at 50% inventory. A neat trick. Sell what you have at high prices because inventory is not carried nor held to capacity. Like Scotty, I’m giving it all i got captain. Teying to conserve
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:50 pm

Greybeard, I look at it from an investor's perspective as per the sentiment.
Understood about the gas conversion, you would have to stay in the home many years to make that worthwhile.About the only thing I can say is keep the thermostat at 65 during the day and wear sweaters, and 62 at night.I can handle that easy as I run hot but understand that as we get older, people want it warmer.The last year I helped care for my elderly Mom in her home she wanted it at 75.I walked around in shorts and a t shirt in the middle of winter there,LOL.Also, maybe consider a boiler tune up with a smaller nozzle to try and use less oil.A good HVAC guy might help out there.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:04 pm

And a safe room with s small heater. I was 28 when I bought a small ate conditioner. It was for the bedroom. Living in Ventnor NJ, itxwas so humid. i stayed in the bedroom most days. Now it is the opposite. i want it warmer so I have an electric throw for the living riom and an electric blanket for the bedroom to heat me up, not the house so much
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:34 pm

SROC, Docstox and Greybeard great convo on the gas situation. Heat or Eat is the motto in Europe. I said this in a post that Molson laughed at. WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD THIS MAY GET. A freind who BIL works as the head financial person for tye Board of Public Utilities aka BPU said Natiral GasnPrices are priced in to rise 60% over the 12 months as planned out from thenSept meeting....if not sooner. Nordstream we totally hand a hand in, it has all the earmarks of US involvement. The questions are why would Putin or Russia sabatoge their own pipeline and lose all that money? Makes absolutely no sense to logic.
I watched 2 docs on the Fed Reserve and the Cabal that own them. What a farce and they answer to....NO ONE. They are a privately run Cabal that is controlled by the money rulers....the Rothschilds who own the Bank of London which finance the world governments and you kmow what they love???? Wars!! They finance the heck out of these and make trillions, sound famaliar??familiar??? Iraq Afghanistan, Ukraine, Somalia, Vietnam, Grenada, Faulkan Islands, Gaza Strip, Lebanon, Syria, Yugoslavia break up conflicts with the Serbs, Macedonians, Bosnian fighting, Northern Ireland and the Troubles etc etc. They have a hand in all of these plus.
Now for winter, the PDO is going POSITIVe as per the warn water off the West Coast of America and the Gulf of Alaska has that warm blob that looks ro promote a N EPO and a + PNA as do the SW Aleutians, plus the North Atalntic has a warm blob as well that will look to promote a N NAO.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 pm

Banter Thread 7.0 - Page 20 Feaddj10

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:36 am

Before the inception of central banks ,like the FED,wars were smaller and more local as they had to be financed by each individual country.That changed after the central banks aka Rothschilds ,started taking over.They fiananced both the Allies AND the Central Powers in WW I.When the FED and permanent ( yes, Income Tax was not permanent) inception of Income Taxes became established in 1913 and the final removal of the gold standard in 1971,the last leash on spending politicians,our national debt has rocketed from around a trillion to 31 now.President Kennedy realized how dangerous the FED and it's globalist cabal of central bankers were, and authorized the issue of US NOTES backed by silver.He had his brains blown out in the middle of the day in a major US city.Not saying the central bankers were behind his murder, but they sure had a motive.
I am not a big fan of Russia, but if we blew up that gas line, I would consider that an act of war if I was on the Russian side.Not only that, it is an idiotic thing do do if Putin was removed or the war was settled.Now Europe suffers from a shortage of nat gas this winter.
Anyway,I think after a bumpy 10 years coming up, a very bright future for everybody is in store.New technologies will make life interesting.This META verse thing is amazing.Plus, with AI and EV's,you would not even have to own a car.You call up a central depot of EV;s with your device, and a driverless EV is at your door for wherever you want to go or whatever you want to do! You don't need auto repair,car insurances and you can use the space in your garage to add to your living area.In spite of the negativity now, I remain optimistic for the longer term.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:07 am

docstox12 wrote:Before the inception of central banks ,like the FED,wars were smaller and more local as they had to be financed by each individual country.That changed after the central banks aka Rothschilds ,started taking over.They fiananced both the Allies AND the Central Powers in WW I.When the FED and permanent ( yes, Income Tax was not permanent) inception of Income Taxes became established in 1913 and the final removal of the gold standard in 1971,the last leash on spending politicians,our national debt has rocketed from around a trillion to 31 now.President Kennedy realized how dangerous the FED and it's globalist cabal of central bankers were, and authorized the issue of US NOTES backed by silver.He had his brains blown out in the middle of the day in a major US city.Not saying the central bankers were behind his murder, but they sure had a motive.
I am not a big fan of Russia, but if we blew up that gas line, I would consider that an act of war if I was on the Russian side.Not only that, it is an idiotic thing do do if Putin was removed or the war was settled.Now Europe suffers from a shortage of nat gas this winter.
Anyway,I think after a bumpy 10 years coming up, a very bright future for everybody is in store.New technologies will make life interesting.This META verse thing is amazing.Plus, with AI and EV's,you would not even have to own a car.You call up a central depot of EV;s with your device, and a driverless EV is at your door for wherever you want to go or whatever you want to do! You don't need auto repair,car insurances and you can use the space in your garage to add to your living area.In spite of the negativity now, I remain optimistic for the longer term.

You sure about that last part Doc. LOL

sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moleson Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:20 am

amugs wrote:SROC, Docstox and Greybeard great convo on the gas situation. Heat or Eat is the motto in Europe. I said this in a post that Molson laughed at. WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD THIS MAY GET. A freind who BIL works as the head financial person for tye Board of Public Utilities aka BPU said Natiral GasnPrices are priced in to rise 60% over the 12 months as planned out from thenSept meeting....if not sooner. Nordstream we totally hand a hand in, it has all the earmarks of US involvement.  The questions are why would Putin or Russia sabatoge their own pipeline and lose all that money? Makes absolutely no sense to logic.
I watched 2 docs on the Fed Reserve and the Cabal that own them. What a farce and they answer to....NO ONE. They are a privately run Cabal that is controlled by the money rulers....the Rothschilds who own the Bank of London which finance the world governments and you kmow what they love???? Wars!! They finance the heck out of these and make trillions, sound famaliar??familiar??? Iraq Afghanistan,  Ukraine, Somalia, Vietnam, Grenada, Faulkan Islands, Gaza Strip, Lebanon, Syria, Yugoslavia break up conflicts with the Serbs, Macedonians, Bosnian fighting, Northern Ireland and the Troubles etc etc. They have a hand in all of these plus.
Now for winter, the PDO is going POSITIVe as per the warn water off the West Coast of America and the Gulf of Alaska has that warm blob that looks ro promote a N EPO and a + PNA as do the SW Aleutians, plus the North Atalntic has a warm blob as well that will look to promote a N NAO.

😂😂😂

Q much?

moleson
moleson

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:22 am

[quote="sroc4"]
docstox12 wrote:Before the inception of central banks ,like the FED,wars were smaller and more local as they had to be financed by each individual country.That changed after the central banks aka Rothschilds ,started taking over.They fiananced both the Allies AND the Central Powers in WW I.When the FED and permanent ( yes, Income Tax was not permanent) inception of Income Taxes became established in 1913 and the final removal of the gold standard in 1971,the last leash on spending politicians,our national debt has rocketed from around a trillion to 31 now.President Kennedy realized how dangerous the FED and it's globalist cabal of central bankers were, and authorized the issue of US NOTES backed by silver.He had his brains blown out in the middle of the day in a major US city.Not saying the central bankers were behind his murder, but they sure had a motive.

You sure about that last part Doc. LOL

[/quote

LOL, wish I could be sure but if you think negatively , it usually turns out that way.Anyhoo, you youngsters will have to work it out, I will be upstairs looking down on you all,LOL.
That clip is great Twilight Zone material.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum