NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Range Thread 28.0

+33
weatherwatchermom
essexcountypete
skinsfan1177
aiannone
larryrock72
Coachgriff
DAYBLAZER
nutleyblizzard
hyde345
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
frank 638
Koroptim
HectorO
billg315
dkodgis
MattyICE
toople
sroc4
rb924119
Grselig
crippo84
phil155
Frank_Wx
jmanley32
NJBear
tomsriversnowstorm
Carvin
heehaw453
SENJsnowman
Irish
amugs
richb521
37 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by sroc4 Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:16 am

phil155 wrote:
frank 638 wrote:Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Img_5511
The way this winter has been going I don’t know what to believe

It is all relative to avg though and with avg temperatures rising will it be cold enough or are we really looking at a thread the needle type situation( borrowed a line from Bobby Martrich at epawa). Not that it makes things impossible it surely does not but it’s much more difficult in an already difficult winter.

When it comes to a Strat warming event there is no amateur or prof in the weather field that can give you what will happen with any certainty in any back yard.  This is fact.  I mentioned the strat warm taking place several posts ago, the effects of which typically take about 3weeks +/- to translate to the surface.  How disrupted the Strat PV gets, its relative strength, and probably most important its position in the N Hemisphere will be key to any late season snow chances or not. On top of that the Strat PV at 10mb 30mb and 50mb and their alignment to one another or not...this too plays a role.  What's the MJO doing?  Is there a wave with amplitude?  If so what phase.  So there is alot of unknowns at this time.  What appears to be certain is that the next 2-3weeks dont show much in the way of snow chances in our board coverage area.  3 weeks puts us at and around March 10-12th.  It has snowed later that that to our NW and down to the coat before and it will again.  Will it this year?  We will find out.  All the negative nancies feel free to chime in with your "Its over" posts in Banter.  Everyone else sit tight until we get to March and see what evolves.  Maybe we get one or two more chances, and maybe we dont.  Cheers! cheers

sroc4 wrote:
....Re the end of winter...if end of this week threat doesn't work out, and by all accts that seems likely, then current modeling hints at the idea that snow chances while not 0%, will be VERY very hard to come by through at  least the first 7-10days of March.  That said there is a strat warming going on, the results of which tend to take about 3 weeks or so to show up.  So while modeling does not show a lot in the way of winter weather, Id argue that a late season run of a storm or two is still on the table.  Obv late in the season always favors off the coast, but doesn't exclude the coastal plain.  Storm track has to be right....

That is all for now

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8352
Join date : 2013-01-07

Dunnzoo, kalleg, Grselig, dkodgis, weatherwatchermom and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:47 pm

I have a strange feeling we could see one final shot of snow in mid to late March. But yea, the storm threat that was once supposed to be this weekend is dead. Mostly for reasons I feared would happen regarding the Pacific. Of course its the Pacific. Who else.

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 21305
Join date : 2013-01-05

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

docstox12, kalleg, weatherwatchermom and JT33 like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by nutleyblizzard Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:21 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:I have a strange feeling we could see one final shot of snow in mid to late March. But yea, the storm threat that was once supposed to be this weekend is dead. Mostly for reasons I feared would happen regarding the Pacific. Of course its the Pacific. Who else.
The raging Pacific jet has been a big deterrent the past several years. My question is which no one can truly answer is will this be a long term or worse permanent feature in the years to come? If so it won’t matter what enso state we’re in. It’ll just be another poor winter on tap.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 1953
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2014-01-30
Age : 58
Location : Nutley, new jersey

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by docstox12 Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:26 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:I have a strange feeling we could see one final shot of snow in mid to late March. But yea, the storm threat that was once supposed to be this weekend is dead. Mostly for reasons I feared would happen regarding the Pacific. Of course its the Pacific. Who else.
The raging Pacific jet has been a big deterrent the past several years. My question is which no one can truly answer is will this be a long term or worse permanent feature in the years to come? If so it won’t matter what enso state we’re in. It’ll just be another poor winter on tap.

I was thinking the only thing to monitor from now on is the Pac Jet.Seems to cancel out all the other telleconnections that are looked at.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8526
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:26 am


_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 21305
Reputation : 328
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 32
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

JT33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by nutleyblizzard Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:48 am

Frank_Wx wrote:
My guess is that next winter we’ll be in a weak Niña regime which typically gives our best winters after a strong Nino. However like I posted earlier it will be for naught if the Pacific fire hose jet continues.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 1953
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2014-01-30
Age : 58
Location : Nutley, new jersey

amugs, billg315 and JT33 like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by amugs Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:35 am

Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by amugs Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:44 am

Interesting SSW foercast - would make for a delayed spring. Seemsto be a norm lately


_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by amugs Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:08 pm

Greenland block showing up

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 GG8sT_WbkAElyf0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by toople Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:10 pm

Lol, we can’t get cold and snowy winters and nice and warm spring. 😂

toople

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-01
Location : Nutley, NJ

amugs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by amugs Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:05 pm

MJO Fight and who's gonna be right?? From wx bell and JB

GEFS
Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 GEFS_BC(58)

EURO
Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 ECMF_1(7)

Vertical Velocity models - green shows wet convection areas
EURO
Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Ecmwf_ensemble_avg_globe_chi200_anom_7day_9856000

GEFS
Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Gfs_ensemble_all_avg_globe_chi200_anom_7day_9856000

Phases of MJO
Look similar but GEFS is more concentrated west of Australia which is phase 3
Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Screenshot_2024_02_22_at_10_14_03_AM

Time will tell but IF GEFS are correct then pattern flips late next week.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by essexcountypete Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:20 pm

amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 783
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

JT33 and Coachgriff like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by sroc4 Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm

essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.

Pete these fact checkers are as big a nonsense as what your claims are.  Its just silly.  The "fact checkers" of the world are as slanted as the left and right side.  There isnt anything on this fact checkers page that disputes the validity of the claims, simply attempts to discredit the individual who makes the claim; therefore, the info must be bad info.  And your words, "disputing the science consensus" is not an argument.  You clearly have zero clue how science works.  I honestly dont say this with disrespect.  I simply mean pretty much EVER SINGLE breakthrough in science has come from those brave enough to challenge the consensus.  THIS IS FACT.  

You're smarter than this Pete.  I know you are.  Don't get lulled into the "consensus" as being fact.  True science knows that the consensus is only what the majority believe based on the information available or in todays world the information allowed to presented and discussed.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 4.9"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2023/2024 TOTALS 13.1"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8352
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by heehaw453 Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:05 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:

And yet 26" seasonal snowfall IMBY with 17 days of snow depth w/out getting into the single digits one time. Last year a bit more than 6" of snowfall none of which lasted more than 24 hours. Everyone has their own criteria for what makes a winter good, but IMO it comes down to capitalizing on the window when it opens. This could have easily been as snowless as last year for IMBY if not for hitting on the windows and thankful for that.

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3906
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2014-01-20
Location : Bedminster Township, PA Elevation 600' ASL

Frank_Wx and richb521 like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by billg315 Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:18 pm

heehaw453 wrote:
Frank_Wx wrote:

And yet 26" seasonal snowfall IMBY with 17 days of snow depth w/out getting into the single digits one time. Last year a bit more than 6" of snowfall none of which lasted more than 24 hours. Everyone has their own criteria for what makes a winter good, but IMO it comes down to capitalizing on the window when it opens. This could have easily been as snowless as last year for IMBY if not for hitting on the windows and thankful for that.

This winter was much better for me in the snowfall department (not even close in fact to last year) with near normal snowfall, (last year didn't have any storm exceed 1" of snow) and 5 different measurable snow events. We also frankly had two pretty good stretches of cold air, one in mid-January and one in mid-Feb (Jan. 15-21 I had 7 straight days of below freezing temps which for my area was 8-10 degrees below normal). But just goes to show that average winter temperatures will not always correlate to snow totals if we get lucky with storm timing, and that higher average temperatures (which can be affected by several days of extreme AN temps) don't always mean a complete lack of cold air.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 4481
Reputation : 185
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 50
Location : Flemington, NJ

CPcantmeasuresnow and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Irish Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:00 pm

sroc4 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.

Pete these fact checkers are as big a nonsense as what your claims are.  Its just silly.  The "fact checkers" of the world are as slanted as the left and right side.  There isnt anything on this fact checkers page that disputes the validity of the claims, simply attempts to discredit the individual who makes the claim; therefore, the info must be bad info.  And your words, "disputing the science consensus" is not an argument.  You clearly have zero clue how science works.  I honestly dont say this with disrespect.  I simply mean pretty much EVER SINGLE breakthrough in science has come from those brave enough to challenge the consensus.  THIS IS FACT.  

You're smarter than this Pete.  I know you are.  Don't get lulled into the "consensus" as being fact.  True science knows that the consensus is only what the majority believe based on the information available or in todays world the information allowed to presented and discussed.
So climate change isn't real?  The human created geological era we've entered of mass extinction of Flora and fauna isn't real?  Ignoring consensus because it doesn't agree with your point of view, is rational?
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 788
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 45
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

Coachgriff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:

This was NOT what most long range forecasts were saying back in November, we were supposed to get much colder and "massive" snowstorms here in the NE.If I had that kind of accuracy the days I was actively trading , and the stock analysts I followed were as bad as these weather people, I would be flat broke,LOL.Back to the drawing board, guys.Think Frank mentioned the Pacific was the cause.Maybe just focus on that, seems to take priority over all the other things that are modeled.
Anyway, my analog observations told me by mid December this winter was in trouble.Too many cutter rainstorms was setting a bad pattern.Oh well, maybe a mid to late March surprise.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8526
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

CPcantmeasuresnow, kalleg, dkodgis and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by WeatherBob Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:24 am

Winter is over as far as snow is concerned. Unless we get an upper level low spin down out of Canada with cold air and a bit of snow in Early to mid March. That’s it!
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 683
Reputation : 83
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County - Altitude 500 FT

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:43 am

WeatherBob wrote:Winter is over as far as snow is concerned. Unless we get an upper level low spin down out of Canada with cold air and a bit of snow in Early to mid March.  That’s it!

Coming week has a rainstorm Tues-Weds and mild temperatures.That will put Feb. 2024 in the books.Still not giving up on more snow until Mar. 15th and the long term looks bad.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8526
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

CPcantmeasuresnow and weatherwatchermom like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by sroc4 Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:30 am

Irish wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.

Pete these fact checkers are as big a nonsense as what your claims are.  Its just silly.  The "fact checkers" of the world are as slanted as the left and right side.  There isnt anything on this fact checkers page that disputes the validity of the claims, simply attempts to discredit the individual who makes the claim; therefore, the info must be bad info.  And your words, "disputing the science consensus" is not an argument.  You clearly have zero clue how science works.  I honestly dont say this with disrespect.  I simply mean pretty much EVER SINGLE breakthrough in science has come from those brave enough to challenge the consensus.  THIS IS FACT.  

You're smarter than this Pete.  I know you are.  Don't get lulled into the "consensus" as being fact.  True science knows that the consensus is only what the majority believe based on the information available or in todays world the information allowed to presented and discussed.
So climate change isn't real?  The human created geological era we've entered of mass extinction of Flora and fauna isn't real?  Ignoring consensus because it doesn't agree with your point of view, is rational?

Irish. For the love of God. Find me a post where I said climate change isn’t real? Never once have I stated that man and CO2 isn’t playing a role. That said the Climate has been changing for billions of years. My point is is that the idea that the climate science you are referring to is settled is simply ludicrous. And if don’t understand what is meant by that then I don’t have the time to have the discussion with you. If you dont understand that the greatest advances in any area of science have come because someone decided challenge the consensus then you my friend are the one who is simply ignoring other ideas because it goes against your beliefs.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 4.9"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2023/2024 TOTALS 13.1"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8352
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by WeatherBob Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 pm

I have an idea, how about someone start a separate thread called Climate. Not climate change, not climate hoax etc..
. Just Climate so everyone can express thier opinions in the correct forum.
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 683
Reputation : 83
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County - Altitude 500 FT

docstox12, CPcantmeasuresnow, kalleg, brownie, dkodgis, heehaw453, weatherwatchermom and Coachgriff like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by dkodgis Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:12 pm

I agree with you WeatherBob. Will cost Frank more bandwidth but yes, this is a good idea IMHO
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2544
Reputation : 98
Join date : 2013-12-29

docstox12 and CPcantmeasuresnow like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Irish Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:39 pm

sroc4 wrote:
Irish wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.

Pete these fact checkers are as big a nonsense as what your claims are.  Its just silly.  The "fact checkers" of the world are as slanted as the left and right side.  There isnt anything on this fact checkers page that disputes the validity of the claims, simply attempts to discredit the individual who makes the claim; therefore, the info must be bad info.  And your words, "disputing the science consensus" is not an argument.  You clearly have zero clue how science works.  I honestly dont say this with disrespect.  I simply mean pretty much EVER SINGLE breakthrough in science has come from those brave enough to challenge the consensus.  THIS IS FACT.  

You're smarter than this Pete.  I know you are.  Don't get lulled into the "consensus" as being fact.  True science knows that the consensus is only what the majority believe based on the information available or in todays world the information allowed to presented and discussed.
So climate change isn't real?  The human created geological era we've entered of mass extinction of Flora and fauna isn't real?  Ignoring consensus because it doesn't agree with your point of view, is rational?

Irish. For the love of God. Find me a post where I said climate change isn’t real?  Never once have I stated that man and CO2 isn’t playing a role. That said the Climate has been changing for billions of years. My point is is that the idea that the climate science you are referring to is settled is simply ludicrous.  And if don’t understand what is meant by that then I don’t have the time to have the discussion with you. If you dont understand that the greatest advances in any area of science have come because someone decided challenge the consensus then you my friend are the one who is simply ignoring other ideas because it goes against your beliefs.  
I was just asking where you stood.  I'm trying to decide if a meaningful conversation is even possible.  If I heard back that you were completely a thorough Trumpy coming from the right, then I know to back away from the table slowly.  I completely understand how the Science works, I'm a science teacher and work with my kids on the scientific method doing labs all the time.  I would never ignore others ideas and turn a blind eye to them and even though I've done a fair amount of research and believe that humans are a major cause of the changes we're seeing with the climate and mass extinction of plants and animals currently happening today, I'm always open to hearing someone tell me how we're not.
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 788
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 45
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

CPcantmeasuresnow, kalleg and frank 638 like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Math23x7 Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:02 pm

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Jbtwee10

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2379
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2013-01-08

sroc4 and docstox12 like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by sroc4 Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:59 pm

Irish wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
Irish wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.

Pete these fact checkers are as big a nonsense as what your claims are.  Its just silly.  The "fact checkers" of the world are as slanted as the left and right side.  There isnt anything on this fact checkers page that disputes the validity of the claims, simply attempts to discredit the individual who makes the claim; therefore, the info must be bad info.  And your words, "disputing the science consensus" is not an argument.  You clearly have zero clue how science works.  I honestly dont say this with disrespect.  I simply mean pretty much EVER SINGLE breakthrough in science has come from those brave enough to challenge the consensus.  THIS IS FACT.  

You're smarter than this Pete.  I know you are.  Don't get lulled into the "consensus" as being fact.  True science knows that the consensus is only what the majority believe based on the information available or in todays world the information allowed to presented and discussed.
So climate change isn't real?  The human created geological era we've entered of mass extinction of Flora and fauna isn't real?  Ignoring consensus because it doesn't agree with your point of view, is rational?

Irish. For the love of God. Find me a post where I said climate change isn’t real?  Never once have I stated that man and CO2 isn’t playing a role. That said the Climate has been changing for billions of years. My point is is that the idea that the climate science you are referring to is settled is simply ludicrous.  And if don’t understand what is meant by that then I don’t have the time to have the discussion with you. If you dont understand that the greatest advances in any area of science have come because someone decided challenge the consensus then you my friend are the one who is simply ignoring other ideas because it goes against your beliefs.  
I was just asking where you stood.  I'm trying to decide if a meaningful conversation is even possible.  If I heard back that you were completely a thorough Trumpy coming from the right, then I know to back away from the table slowly.  I completely understand how the Science works, I'm a science teacher and work with my kids on the scientific method doing labs all the time.  I would never ignore others ideas and turn a blind eye to them and even though I've done a fair amount of research and believe that humans are a major cause of the changes we're seeing with the climate and mass extinction of plants and animals currently happening today, I'm always open to hearing someone tell me how we're not.


“Trumpy coming from the right”? Man this tells me quite a bit about you. A discussion about climate should have nothing to do with who someone votes for. The fact that you used that phase tells me everything I need to know.

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 4.9"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2023/2024 TOTALS 13.1"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8352
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Irish Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:30 pm

sroc4 wrote:
Irish wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
Irish wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Great article on what I was saying about the drastic warming off the Eastern Australia Coast this winter in just months, talks about the underwater volcanoes and vents that may just be the answer and the answer to our warming oceans.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-hydrothermal-vents-and-other-seabed-structures-heat-our-oceans/

A great thread and other links to other articles - very interesting


I know you guys love it when I chime in on these posts, but I can't help it. For those of us who agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, Climate Change Dispatch is not the most credible resource.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-change-dispatch/
"Overall, we rate Climate Change Dispatch as a Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience source for the promotion of false or misleading information..."

The website is run by Tom Harris...
https://www.desmog.com/tom-harris/
"Tom Harris is the Executive Director of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a group of climate change skeptics that has received funding from the Heartland Institute. Before starting work with ICSC, Harris was the Executive Director of the now-defunct Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP).2 3
Prior to working with the NRSP, Harris was a Former Director of Operations at the Canadian PR and lobbying firm called the High Park Group (HPG). Previously, Harris was an Associate with APCO Worldwide, a group known for creating The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) which worked to advance tobacco industry
According to Harris’s archived profile at APCO Worldwide, “Specifically, he has worked with oil and gas, coal, nuclear, environmental and aerospace clients for whom he has conducted effective media and public relations campaigns.” His profile also highlights how he has “worked with private companies and trade associations to successfully position these entities and their interests with media and before various government committees and regulatory bodies.”6"

I get that not everyone here buys into the scientific consensus but it's important to know the background of any information resource.

Pete these fact checkers are as big a nonsense as what your claims are.  Its just silly.  The "fact checkers" of the world are as slanted as the left and right side.  There isnt anything on this fact checkers page that disputes the validity of the claims, simply attempts to discredit the individual who makes the claim; therefore, the info must be bad info.  And your words, "disputing the science consensus" is not an argument.  You clearly have zero clue how science works.  I honestly dont say this with disrespect.  I simply mean pretty much EVER SINGLE breakthrough in science has come from those brave enough to challenge the consensus.  THIS IS FACT.  

You're smarter than this Pete.  I know you are.  Don't get lulled into the "consensus" as being fact.  True science knows that the consensus is only what the majority believe based on the information available or in todays world the information allowed to presented and discussed.
So climate change isn't real?  The human created geological era we've entered of mass extinction of Flora and fauna isn't real?  Ignoring consensus because it doesn't agree with your point of view, is rational?

Irish. For the love of God. Find me a post where I said climate change isn’t real?  Never once have I stated that man and CO2 isn’t playing a role. That said the Climate has been changing for billions of years. My point is is that the idea that the climate science you are referring to is settled is simply ludicrous.  And if don’t understand what is meant by that then I don’t have the time to have the discussion with you. If you dont understand that the greatest advances in any area of science have come because someone decided challenge the consensus then you my friend are the one who is simply ignoring other ideas because it goes against your beliefs.  
I was just asking where you stood.  I'm trying to decide if a meaningful conversation is even possible.  If I heard back that you were completely a thorough Trumpy coming from the right, then I know to back away from the table slowly.  I completely understand how the Science works, I'm a science teacher and work with my kids on the scientific method doing labs all the time.  I would never ignore others ideas and turn a blind eye to them and even though I've done a fair amount of research and believe that humans are a major cause of the changes we're seeing with the climate and mass extinction of plants and animals currently happening today, I'm always open to hearing someone tell me how we're not.


“Trumpy coming from the right”?  Man this tells me quite a bit about you. A discussion about climate should have nothing to do with who someone votes for.  The fact that you used that phase tells me everything I need to know.  
Unfortunately, it has everything to do with it. And the fact that you don't think it does is extremely naive and ironic. And what about me do my statements tell you other than I don't like to have discussions with people who are very far down the rabbit hole and refuse to see other perspectives?  I'm curious because these statements come off as very judgmental, defensive and narrow-minded.
Irish
Irish
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 788
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2019-01-16
Age : 45
Location : Old Bridge, NJ

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:03 am

WeatherBob wrote:I have an idea, how about someone start a separate thread called Climate.  Not climate change, not climate hoax etc..
. Just Climate so everyone can express thier opinions in the correct forum.

If I was a moderator here, and I am not, all discussions regarding climate change would be banned.We are a local weather observation site and climate discussions ultimately become toxic and divisive, much like religion and politics.I am sure there are dozens of sites dedicated to that issue, so go over there and post your thoughts.This board has been a breath of fresh air in this terribly angry and toxic environment of "us against them" in this country today.Anyway, that's my two cents on this issue.

Peace, out.

Doc
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8526
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

amugs, CPcantmeasuresnow, Grselig, nancy-j-s, weatherwatchermom, Zhukov1945 and NYCTeacher like this post

Back to top Go down

Long Range Thread 28.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Long Range Thread 28.0

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum