NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2014 Observations/Discussions

+23
Math23x7
GreyBeard
skinsfan1177
pdubz
dad4twoboys
ClimateControl
sroc4
Aiosamoney21
mako460
Abba701
essexcountypete
Dtone
HectorO
CPcantmeasuresnow
SNOW MAN
Sparky Sparticles
amugs
aiannone
docstox12
NjWeatherGuy
Quietace
Frank_Wx
Dunnzoo
27 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2014 Observations/Discussions

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 am

I have a question, will there be any chances for snow after Mondays possible storm ?

SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2014 Observations/Discussions

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:08 am

SNOW MAN wrote:I have a question, will there be any chances for snow after Mondays possible storm ?

Maybe Wednesday

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15 am

Looks like nam is going to hold serve...

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Nam500mb-hgt_rvort_us-42

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 am

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Nam-mslp-qpf6-us_hr48

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 am

H5 has closed off

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Nam500mb-hgt_rvort_us-54

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 am

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Nam500mb-hgt_rvort_sp-54

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 am

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Nam-mslp-qpf6-us_hr57

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:26 am

It's taking the trough longer to go negative this run. Still positive at hour 60

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:32 am

Everything looks further south this run

March 2014 Observations/Discussions - Page 9 Nam500mb-hgt_rvort_us-66

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:35 am

Still a huge run. 12+ inches of snow

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am

Again, long range NAM not biting yet, good run for sure tho.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:49 am

CP, Mugs, Doc and all the other GREAT members of this board, it's time to put your winter equipment away and get your lawnmowers and weed whackers tuned up because winter is done. We knew it had to end sometime, but we were all hoping not like this. What a disappointment. Looks like this storm has abandoned us like the first two did this month. See there's the old three's a charm idea (in this case not really a charm, but a massive let down 😢 ).  Oh well it's off to the Snow Weenie therapist on Monday, anybody else want to come. We'll see if we can get a good deal on a group rate. In the meantime breakout the bottles of your favorite adult beverage and start washing your sadness away. drunken This time it really is over Johnny.  Sad

P.S. Sroc I think we're all disappointed that we won't get to see that picture of a skivvy wearing snow angel. Truly disappointing.
Maybe next winter ?

If I'm wrong about winter(especially the snow part) being over or this possible storm on Monday missing us, I will be glad to eat a big tender and juicy CROW sandwich. Smile
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 am

Doc I like your quote in your profile under Jobs / Hobbies. Hyman Roth I believe said it in Godfather II. NICE !
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:02 am

SNOW MAN wrote:CP, Mugs, Doc and all the other GREAT members of this board, it's time to put your winter equipment away and get your lawnmowers and weed whackers tuned up because winter is done. We knew it had to end sometime, but we were all hoping not like this. What a disappointment. Looks like this storm has abandoned us like the first two did this month. See there's the old three's a charm idea (in this case not really a charm, but a massive let down 😢 ).  Oh well it's off to the Snow Weenie therapist on Monday, anybody else want to come. We'll see if we can get a good deal on a group rate. In the meantime breakout the bottles of your favorite adult beverage and start washing your sadness away. drunken This time it really is over Johnny.  Sad

P.S. Sroc I think we're all disappointed that we won't get to see that picture of a skivvy wearing snow angel. Truly disappointing.
Maybe next winter ?

If I'm wrong about winter(especially the snow part) being over or this possible storm on Monday missing us, I will be glad to eat a big tender and juicy CROW sandwich. Smile

I 2nd this motion! Just want to take this opportunity to thank ALL of the members who contribute their time and talents to this board! What a great resource! You all did a great job this winter, especially with the poor quality exhibited by guidance recently! So to Frank et al, "THANK YOU!" hope we see another chance before we officially close the book on winter, but this storm will elude us once again.
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 am

SNOW MAN wrote:CP, Mugs, Doc and all the other GREAT members of this board, it's time to put your winter equipment away and get your lawnmowers and weed whackers tuned up because winter is done. We knew it had to end sometime, but we were all hoping not like this. What a disappointment. Looks like this storm has abandoned us like the first two did this month. See there's the old three's a charm idea (in this case not really a charm, but a massive let down 😢 ).  Oh well it's off to the Snow Weenie therapist on Monday, anybody else want to come. We'll see if we can get a good deal on a group rate. In the meantime breakout the bottles of your favorite adult beverage and start washing your sadness away. drunken This time it really is over Johnny.  Sad

Maybe next winter ?

I want to smell spring and fresh cut grass very soon. I hope we torch in April.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 am

44* already, I had a sprinkle earlier but the skies have cleared now.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:23 am

Folks,

I went outside and there was a smell of Spring with the birds singing. Have not heard that in months. To my dearest die hard snow weenie's it has been real fun tracking, bantering and getting to know you on this forum.  jocolor Snow, Doc and CP as the Great Johnny Carson had sung to him by Bett Midler - Thanks for the Memories! I lmao soooo many times this winter, rejoiced with our snowfalls and lately cried from the lack of snow even though I still keep the faith we may pull out a spring storm in the next week or so due to this crazy pattern. You guys have made this one of the best winters ever, could not do this in the 90's no Internet.

Frank, you are a great young man on many fronts even though I have never met you but I believe we should have a gathering at a pub - not Lou's  in my town too many vagrants troll that place, but someplace centrally located for a majority of us.

Lastly, I am going to PM everyone that we toast the great winter season overall with a glass of cheer on its last official day 

Wednesday 9 PM to salute  drunken old man winter and Mother Nature for allowing us to share in their beauty - SNOW!!! 

46 days of snowpack for me before the trace as per NOAA was gone  Sad - if we got another storm who knows how long then.

49* already

I will not put away my snow gear until the end of this month  Evil or Very Mad but I have changed the oil in my snowblower, put stabilizer in the gas tank and prepped it for a summer break, it did a great job for me this winter season 12 years going strong - just like this board.

king KSW AKA Mugs

Last edited by amugs on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtone Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:10 am

Drove bx to garden city, LI and back I smell hints of spring too. If its not gonna snow then it might as well warm up. Cold but dry weather from mid March on is the worst.
Sunny 56*

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 am

Moderate winds out of the south around 10mph sustained gusts up to 25 and temperature 60 and rising.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:24 am

I am up to 55*

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am

SNOW MAN wrote:Doc I like your quote in your profile under Jobs / Hobbies. Hyman Roth I believe said it in Godfather II. NICE !

Absolutely correct SNOW.When I retired 12 years ago, I used that line on everybody who asked me what I do after I retired.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:33 am

As SNOW and Mugs said so perfectly above, it has been an incredible winter on the board learning and tracking from Frank, Ace, Doc and Tom.You guys are beyond belief in your knowledge and skills.I have (had) 62 inches of snow and had some great cold spells.All in all, a great winter albeit the bummer last month.Had some great laughs clowning around with CP, Mugs and SNOW.Hope I didn't get on anybody's nerves with my non-stop joking, can't help myself when these guys were feeding me great material to work with.Comedy, along with weather, is one of my hobbies.

Still a chance for a surprise minor snowfall, but the books are closing rapidly on winter.I need warm sun, my fishing rods, waders and little bass boat, been cooped up inside since November.I've had it.Now that this storm is a flop...BRING ON SPRING,BABY!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 am

docstox12 wrote:As SNOW and Mugs said so perfectly above, it has been an incredible winter on the board learning and tracking from Frank, Ace, Doc and Tom.You guys are beyond belief in your knowledge and skills.I have (had) 62 inches of snow and had some great cold spells.All in all, a great winter albeit the bummer last month.Had some great laughs clowning around with CP, Mugs and SNOW.Hope I didn't get on anybody's nerves with my non-stop joking, can't help myself when these guys were feeding me great material to work with.Comedy, along with weather, is one of my hobbies.

Still a chance for a surprise minor snowfall, but the books are closing rapidly on winter.I need warm sun, my fishing rods, waders and little bass boat, been cooped up inside since November.I've had it.Now that this storm is a flop...BRING ON SPRING,BABY!

Taking my boat out next weekend and de-winterizing it, it's over.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:37 am

NOW you're talking, Tom.Happy sailing this season!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Doc,

Your humor along with the three snow amigo's was hilarious and we could have a schtik and the comedy never gets on my nerves nor should it anyone else - it keeps life moving forward and fun.  Enjoy the fishing days of spring and maybe in the next few months we can catch up at a NJWO meeting and hit good ol' Lou's where good friends meet!

Mugs

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm

I posted this about a month ago on an earlier thread, but it's worth posting again, especially considering the disappointments the snow lovers have had to deal with for the last few weeks:

"I remember when I was on the old WABC 7-online chat board, after the January 26th-27th, 2011 storm, which put NYC at 56.1" for the 2010-11 season, there seemed to be lots of possibilities of accumulating snow over the following couple of weeks. But here's what happened to those potentials:
1/28, trace of snow.
1/29, trace of snow,
2/1-2/2, ice storm (but 1.6" of snow fell from it),
2/5, rain storm,
2/10, out to sea,
then the following week a massive thaw (it got to 67 degrees 2/18).
Then 2/21, we did get 3.2" from a quick moving system to put us at 60.9".
But then 2/22, a snow event that slid to our south and missed us,
2/25, rain storm,
3/7-3/8, inland track,
followed by warm up the following week (it got to 77 degrees on 3/18).
Then cold air returned with recurring flurries between 3/21 and 4/1, but couldn't accumulate due to high sun angle,
the exception was 3/24 as 1.0" fell overnight before almost all of it melted by the evening.

So our snow total was 61.9". If you would have told me after that 1/26-1/27/11 snow storm that NYC would get less than 6" the rest of the season, I would have thought you were crazy. But it didn't, only 5.8" afterwards. The bottom line, you never know how it will turn out. "

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 pm

The ball went no where in my soccer game. Easily wind sustained near 20 with gusts higher. It was crazy. Couldn't do anything.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum