NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0

+45
Vinnydula
GreyBeard
JoeBx82
kalleg
rb924119
Dunnzoo
centaurusB
carvin1079
lglickman1
keliza52
Grselig
Dtone
weatherwatchermom
Artechmetals
oldtimer
HectorO
billg315
Biggin23
NjWeatherGuy
emokid51783
Quietace
deadrabbit79
dad4twoboys
H.G. Rising
smoggy14
JackShephard
skinsfan1177
algae888
amugs
nutleyblizzard
Abba701
Taffy
jmanley32
SNOW MAN
RJB8525
jimv45
snow247
docstox12
crippo84
mako460
essexcountypete
CPcantmeasuresnow
Frank_Wx
sroc4
Math23x7
49 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 1.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:32 am

jimv45 wrote:yes that's it!  Are you starting to get excited for the next 10 days? its looking good.

I have been for the Wednesday storm for the last 3-4 days. Hope it hits. Today's just a bonus although now anything less than 3 I'll be disappointed, 6 or more quite happy, anything in between I'm pretty much expecting.

Enjoy tonight, it's some of the best prepared food you'll ever eat.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimv45 Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:32 am

thanks! let it snow

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:35 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jimv45 wrote:yes that's it!  Are you starting to get excited for the next 10 days? its looking good.

I have been for the Wednesday storm for the last 3-4 days. Hope it hits. Today's just a bonus although now anything less than 3 I'll be disappointed, 6 or more quite happy, anything in between I'm pretty much expecting.

Enjoy tonight, it's some of the best prepared food you'll ever eat.

I second that. I was there 25 years ago and it stands out in my mind as a wonderful dining experience.The kids do a great job there.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:37 pm

I can foresee tensions being raised now because so many throwing out bust..it's been pointed out many times this had high potential.

The cold was always the main factor before and after, -20 and higher usually outweighs that
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Artechmetals Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Can I ask if Boston is still going to get the heavy snows or are they bust potential
Artechmetals
Artechmetals
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:43 pm

RJB8525 wrote:I can foresee tensions being raised now because so many throwing out bust..it's been pointed out many times this had high potential.

The cold was always the main factor before and after, -20 and higher usually outweighs that

Yeah high bust potential was mentioned, but it is hard to take when the anticipation is so high for snow!

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:47 pm

I hear ya, i'll take 2" to be happy LOL
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:04 pm

RJB8525 wrote:I hear ya, i'll take 2" to be happy LOL

I already have 2" Average is about 6" Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:27 pm

As I often tell my wife. Expect 2-4 inches not 8-12 inches and then you'll be happy when you get 6-7 inches.

Were talking about snow right?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:33 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:As I often tell my wife. Expect 2-4 inches not 8-12 inches and then you'll be happy when you get 6-7 inches.

Star or your real human wife??

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:46 pm

amugs wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:As I often tell my wife. Expect 2-4 inches not 8-12 inches and then you'll be happy when you get 6-7 inches.

Star or your real human wife??

Star is human. Unless you drew that photo? I doubt your that good with a paint brush.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:17 am

jimv45 wrote:Hey docs cp just got back thank god I didn't have to sit  home and watch this dud got about 2 inches now the stars are out. Cp you said this was expensive you ain't kidding 2 hundred and 37 dollars  for two it was a four corse meal but great, hope next storm is better.

Glad to hear it Jim. You get enough to eat?

Here's to hoping Tuesday pans out, Today certainly didn't for us.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:09 am

snow247 wrote:lol, the other board gave me a warning and blocked me from posting simply because I was saying that this won't be a good storm north of NYC and that I probably won't see more than an inch. Guess they wanted me to say that there is a widespread 3'+ blizzard coming or something.

You were spot on and I had that feeling when I saw the radar last night around 9:30.Precip formed way too south of us and was going more east than north.Radar tells all on these things.We are lucky to get a few inches here to watch blow around anyway.As far as tuesday, there is always the possibility this goes east of us.

Tough winter up here but still amazed to get over 50 inches so far.I'm not complaining just amazed at these storms not hitting us like that certain town we shouldn't mention,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:13 am

jimv45 wrote:Hey docs cp just got back thank god I didn't have to sit  home and watch this dud got about 2 inches now the stars are out. Cp you said this was expensive you ain't kidding 2 hundred and 37 dollars  for two it was a four corse meal but great, hope next storm is better.

Wow, that's steep.One of our favorite restaurants in Mionroe, La Vera Cucina is never more than 130 for two with tips including 2 wines each , soup or salad,and a dessert we split.

I know the food there is great, however.

Hey, jim, at my age, 64, you gotta spend it because either Doctors,hospitals, nursing homes or relatives that don't give a crap about you will be getting your money,LOL!

docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:37 am

I know Frank mentioned about this storm being unpredictable, but a half inch??? If that doesn't piss me off enough, now I'm going to work at my second job at the Clifton Home Depot... I work outside by the way. Its going to be a long cold day. Tired Mad
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 am

I can't even tell you my disappointment and anger level.. I'm going to try and sleep. By the way It's snowing heavy in Boston and their totals were just raised again!!

The Weather Channel was right again and so were our local mets, but we sit here and mock them on this board!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:57 am

syosnow94 wrote:I can't even tell you my disappointment and anger level.. I'm going to try and sleep.  By the way It's snowing heavy in Boston and their totals were just raised again!!

The Weather Channel was right again and so were our local mets, but we sit here and mock them on this board!!
They will probably end up 15-20+ up there..... really intense banding
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:27 am

nutleyblizzard wrote:I know Frank mentioned about this storm being unpredictable, but a half inch??? If that doesn't piss me off enough, now I'm going to work at my second job at the Clifton Home Depot... I work outside by the way. Its going to be a long cold day. Tired Mad

I hope the day goes fast for your sake...just wanted to say...my neighbor works outside and he uses uniqlo..(new tech long johns)...he says socks are fantastic too..bought some for my mom and she also loves them..and not expensive which is always a plus....hope you have a safe day.!!

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:36 am

Quietace wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:I can't even tell you my disappointment and anger level.. I'm going to try and sleep.  By the way It's snowing heavy in Boston and their totals were just raised again!!

What a bizzare path! It goes almost due east of us then turns abruptly more north! WTF!!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 am

docstox12 wrote:
Quietace wrote:

What a bizzare path! It goes almost due east of us then turns abruptly more north! WTF!!!!!
We need a true case study, but i bet it has to do something with the huge H7 dryslot there was, a further south low exit coupled with the re opening of the H5 delaying the maturing of the system hindering a large CCB to develop.....H5 is still open this hour/ or severely elongated, cant tell on SPC meso analysis....
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:47 am

We have all the technology in the world to predict weather but can we really? It was disappointed to say the least but what a friggin dynamic storm. Unbelievable path it takes. Once it dug into defe I thought hey we may get that nne tracka nd be golden then I see the precip all moving in a s&e direction and go oh no my 1" is all I am getting. Stop the fn complaining so easy to do nowadays especially when you feel people have made a wrong prediction for your backyard. Mother Nature has a way of evening things out in an area.

As my sons kindergarten tea her would teach them and some people may need to go back to this grade level that- YOU GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU DON'T GET UPSET!!! Take it and run.

All I know is I broke the 30" barrier last night with more storms in the pipeline . Also, the gfs which or ally handles nothern vorts better did a piss poor job on this one. Onto the Tuesday Wed storm. Water under the bridge peeps.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:51 am

Quietace wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Quietace wrote:

We need a true case study, but i bet it has to do something with the huge H7 dryslot there was, a further south low exit coupled with the re opening of the H5 delaying the maturing of the system hindering a large CCB to develop.....H5 is still open this hour/ or severely elongated, cant tell on SPC meso analysis....

Ace really? I thought it closed off just west of dc last night? That is nuts and goes to show what I just stated above.

All I know is I did and do not want to be outside in the wicked cold snow blowing 4,5,6" of white gold. Pretty to have seen fall but not clean up today, tomorrow or Tuesday for that matter. So be it.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:53 am

amugs wrote:We have all the technology in the world to predict weather but can we really? It was disappointed to say the least but what a friggin dynamic storm. Unbelievable path it takes. Once it dug into defe I thought hey we may get that nne tracka nd be golden then I see the precip all moving in a s&e direction and go oh no my 1" is all I am getting. Stop the fn complaining so easy to do nowadays especially when you feel people have made a wrong prediction for your backyard. Mother Nature has a way of evening things out in an area.

As my sons kindergarten tea her would teach them and some people may need to go back to this grade level that- YOU GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU DON'T GET UPSET!!! Take it and run.

All I know is I broke the 30" barrier last night with more storms in the pipeline . Also, the gfs which or ally handles nothern vorts better did a piss poor job on this one. Onto the Tuesday Wed storm. Water under the bridge peeps.

Well told, Mugsy, well told!!!

Jeff Smith, a pro Met, was pulling his hair out last night with the models.I am not a high tech guy, but I see that a lot of work must be done in creating the mathematical formulations necessary for better model predictability.This one was tough.I know Frank mentioned the RGEM put the storm well south of us and there was an HRRR that predicted last night north of NYC would bust.Still, this thing moves due east of us and then takes a sharp turn north and still hits the place where people talk with a funny accent.Mind boggling and I don't think I ever saw that.It should have gone right out to sea with that path!!

You are pushing a normal winter down there with taht 30 inches, Mahwah would always be about 36.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:55 am

amugs wrote:
Quietace wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
Quietace wrote:

Ace really? I thought it closed off just west of dc last night? That is nuts and goes to show what I just stated above.  

All I know is I did and do not want to be outside in the wicked cold snow blowing 4,5,6" of white gold. Pretty to have seen fall but not clean up today, tomorrow or Tuesday for that matter. So be it.
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/s16/500mb/500mb.gif?1424004910070
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:04 am

Doc's post just now in the observation thread was great.Yesterday he gave us a heads up to be aware this thing could possibly underperform and that was correct.Wow, a wicked storm just curveball after curveball.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:30 am

Ace thanks for posting just doesn't want to close and is elongated as all heck like you said wow

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtone Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:45 am

.9" in CPK. Did that really happen?

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru