NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+46
aiannone
Taffy
brownie
kalleg
GreyBeard
mikeypizano
Dtone
SkiSeadooJoe
Radz
gigs68
Joe Snow
Scullybutcher
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
weatherwatchermom
Isotherm
docstox12
SoulSingMG
Fededle22
SNOW MAN
rb924119
RJB8525
algae888
dkodgis
frank 638
dad4twoboys
devsman
Snow88
Grselig
skinsfan1177
Math23x7
billg315
Frank_Wx
amugs
jmanley32
essexcountypete
nutleyblizzard
track17
CPcantmeasuresnow
sroc4
sabamfa
jake732
hyde345
Quietace
Dunnzoo
HectorO
50 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 32 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Radz wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Just finished dealing with the negative side, if there is such a thing, to a big snow. Snow in the attic that got through the vents during the storm that melted through the ceiling. Anyone know what to do to prevent that in the future? It seems to happen during those huge storms with dry snow.

Guessing you have gable end vents only and the wind forces the powdery snow up through the louvers and through the screening. Long term fix would be to install soffit vents and a ridge vent and close the gable vents off permanently. Quick fix if you have attic access is to install a framework that accepts furnace filters which will allow the air flow yet block particles and snow from entering, then you just remove or change them when needed

Thanks a million Radz I'm going to give that a shot.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:04 pm

This to me is 12z euro 
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 32 Tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:33 pm

amugs wrote:This to me is 12z euro 
Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 32 Tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400

Ugh. This is great but the stress. It's worth it. We can dream!!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Radz wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Just finished dealing with the negative side, if there is such a thing, to a big snow. Snow in the attic that got through the vents during the storm that melted through the ceiling. Anyone know what to do to prevent that in the future? It seems to happen during those huge storms with dry snow.

Guessing you have gable end vents only and the wind forces the powdery snow up through the louvers and through the screening. Long term fix would be to install soffit vents and a ridge vent and close the gable vents off permanently. Quick fix if you have attic access is to install a framework that accepts furnace filters which will allow the air flow yet block particles and snow from entering, then you just remove or change them when needed

Thanks a million Radz I'm going to give that a shot.

The framework can be as simple as 4 screws and some small bungee cords or as complex as a wooden frame - also i would also get the reusable filters that are washable so they are weather proof, let me know how it works out - if yesterday's 12Z Euro would somehow come to fruition you may get to test it sooner rather than later
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:13 am

jeeze..whats going on with the models this year..or last few?

i think it's time for spring..end the nightmare
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:23 pm

RJB8525 wrote:jeeze..whats going on with the models this year..or last few?

i think it's time for spring..end the nightmare

I am working on my protest sign...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm

No. This is a winter site. if you jinx it and it dies----then you will suffer horrible consequences from winter lovers!!!! Actually I love the cold. Love snow. Love winter. Love the hot hot summers as well. Appreciate all seasons
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Grselig wrote:No.   This is a winter site.  if you jinx it and it dies----then you will suffer horrible consequences from winter lovers!!!!   Actually I love the cold.  Love snow.  Love winter.   Love the hot hot summers as well.  Appreciate all seasons

As of tomorrow its spring so winter needs to GEEEEEEEEEEEEEET OUUUUUUUUUT!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:51 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:No.   This is a winter site.  if you jinx it and it dies----then you will suffer horrible consequences from winter lovers!!!!   Actually I love the cold.  Love snow.  Love winter.   Love the hot hot summers as well.  Appreciate all seasons

ONE MORE TIME JUST ONE MORE TIME. Then you can have your pretty yellow and purple flowers. One more time.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

ONE MORE TIME  JUST ONE MORE TIME.  Then you can have  your pretty yellow and purple flowers.  One more time.  

No.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:20 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

ONE MORE TIME  JUST ONE MORE TIME.  Then you can have  your pretty yellow and purple flowers.  One more time.  

No.

You're in NEPA correct? If anything like here in the HV we still have 14 inches of snow on the ground. How many lawns can you cut in those conditions, first day of spring or not.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Mpoqzano if you are in NE PA and you want spring now in would suggest you move about 100 SE of your present location for such LOL!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm

You have a lot more snow on the ground than I do. We got around 14" and there isn't more than maybe 3 or 4 inches still there. Every time I looked out my kitchen window the other day it seemed like the snow was disappearing. But then 40 degrees, bright sun and a light breeze isn't kind to snow cover.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:34 pm

TheAresian wrote:You have a lot more snow on the ground than I do. We got around 14" and there isn't more than maybe 3 or 4 inches still there. Every time I looked out my kitchen window the other day it seemed like the snow was disappearing. But then 40 degrees, bright sun and a light breeze isn't kind to snow cover.

We received almost 21 inches and still had an inch on the ground from the March 10 storm. Plus the LE of the snow is pretty high as we had a few hours of sleet. I'm also measuring in a flat spot that gets sun for only half the day. I'm actually charting each day in the weather statistics thread.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:36 pm

We had very dry snow here and no sleet. I said during Stella that it looked like somebody has poured sugar all over my porch. I didn't need a shovel for most of it because my broom was all that was needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm

TheAresian wrote:We had very dry snow here and no sleet. I said during Stella that it looked like somebody has poured sugar all over my porch. I didn't need a shovel for most of it because my broom was all that was needed.

The beauty of dry snow is you initially get better accumulation. Of course the draw back is it settles quite a bit and melts much easier than a heavy wet snow as there is less LE for the sun or warm air or breezes etc to evaporate.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:45 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

No.

You're in NEPA correct? If anything like here in the HV we still have 14 inches of snow on the ground. How many lawns can you cut in those conditions, first day of spring or not.

amugs wrote:Mpoqzano if you are in NE PA and you want spring now in would suggest you move about 100 SE of your present location for such LOL!!

A lot of it is melting. We got 22 here here, and its down to about half that. The faster it melts the sooner I can start working (hopefully)!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:49 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

No.

amugs wrote:Mpoqzano if you are in NE PA and you want spring now in would suggest you move about 100 SE of your present location for such LOL!!

A lot of it is melting. We got 22 here here, and its down to about half that. The faster it melts the sooner I can start working (hopefully)!

I usually don't get my lawn cut until the last 3-4 weeks of April, there have been a couple of years not until the first week of May, and never once in March or the first week of April. What do you do install heating devices in the ground of your clients?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:50 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

No.

I usually don't get my lawn cut until the last 3-4 weeks of April, there have been a couple of years not until the first week of May, and never once in March or the first week of April. What do you do install heating devices in the ground of your clients?

I usually start mowing mid April, but I have done it twice in March (2012 and last year), but there is also cleanups as well to do.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:54 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

No.

I usually start mowing mid April, but I have done it twice in March (2012 and last year), but there is also cleanups as well to do.

I can certainly understand why you're done with snow but Give me snow on the ground until the end of April and I'd be happy.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:54 pm

If you're forecasted to get anything close to the weather coming my way, you'll be cleaning up soon. Outside of Wednesday, it's all 40 and above cracking 50 a couple times.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Unless the snow melts, grass can't get green... Supposed to be warm here so all the piles will melt quickly.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm

About to board my flight to come home. Hope all is well!

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:26 pm

mikeypizano wrote:Unless the snow melts, grass can't get green... Supposed to be warm here so all the piles will melt quickly.

Sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:27 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:Unless the snow melts, grass can't get green... Supposed to be warm here so all the piles will melt quickly.

Sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

ITS MEEEEEEELTING!!!! I love you
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:About to board my flight to come home. Hope all is well!

How were the mid-80s high temperatures in Dallas?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:About to board my flight to come home. Hope all is well!

Safe flight Emperor. We need you to bring home one more storm before the season ends.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum