NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Obs/Disco

+19
Vinnydula
1190ftalt
Radz
Isotherm
jimv45
Dtone
Snow88
RJB8525
billg315
jmanley32
sroc4
EnyapWeather
rb924119
frank 638
Dunnzoo
dkodgis
Frank_Wx
GreyBeard
amugs
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm

@skinsfan1177 wrote:June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Rgem_m10
RGEM would be a big hit

Skins that would suck we are to leave on Sat...i will not be on the water trying to get into Manasquan Inlet..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3026
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by jmanley32 Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:07 pm

this really stinks ugg the one time.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18384
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:07 pm

@jmanley32 wrote:this really stinks ugg the one time.

i know...we are leaving on Sunday...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3026
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by amugs Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Heat to end the month then we go normal to cool

Dr. C says so as per guidance

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2010
June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2011

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12437
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 pm

@amugs wrote:Heat to end the month then we go normal to cool

Dr. C says so as per guidance

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2010
June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2011

thats fine by me...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3026
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 pm

3km nam has a nasty line of what look to b possibly severe storms around 9am tomorrow then clearing out quickly. sunday looks great. i hope so.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18384
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by amugs Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:17 am

.66" in the bucket with the line clearing out in the next hour 3k nam ftw!!
Rest if the weekend looks great.

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12437
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by amugs Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:29 am

Browns Mills NJ famous for the War of the Worlds radio show hysteria and now this HOLY SNIKES!!

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2012

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12437
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by amugs Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 am

Looking  ahead  precip wise Madonne very active pattern wish it were Jan/Feb

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2013

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12437
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by docstox12 Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:40 am

Total from the event was .51 inches and just a few showers at that.Looks like the bulk went south of here.Gorgeous day now, 86 degrees, sunny, breezy.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7254
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 70
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:46 am

@amugs wrote:Looking  ahead  precip wise Madonne very active pattern wish it were Jan/Feb

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2013

my rain meter said I had 2.15 inches  of rain this morning...can that be possible..currently sunny and 79 Leaving tom..


Mugs. affraid  affraid  affraid .I hope we do not have that much rain over the next couple of weeks..we will be on the boat until July 14th...keep us posted.please.I will be checking in often...

Have a great day!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3026
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by Snow88 Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Today turned out to be a very nice day
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2118
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 33
Location : Brooklyn, NY

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by jmanley32 Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 pm

@Snow88 wrote:Today turned out to be a very nice day
it did but sunday had that unexpected freak eainstorm in afternoon caught our outdoor plans by surprise. i hear rain again this weekrnd. story of this summer i guess.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 18384
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:15 am

It looks like the heat returns this weekend. Back into the 90's.

Only a few days away from July, I would say Meteorological Summer is moving quick. June has not been terribly warm, but this weekend will probably put everyone in the above normal category.

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 MonthTDeptNRCC

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20073
Reputation : 313
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Jersey City, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by frank 638 Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 am

what a gorgeous morning morning low of 61 degrees

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2366
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 38
Location : bronx ny

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 am

@frank 638 wrote: what a gorgeous morning morning low of 61 degrees

Got down to 53° so awesome sleeping with the windows open!

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2020-2021  51.1"

Snowfall winter of 2019-2020         8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 4404
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 59
Location : Westwood, NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by Dtone Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:23 am

low of 62*
That may be the last widespread cool crisp morning.

Dtone
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 1738
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-08-26
Location : Bronx, NY

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by amugs Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am

@Dtone wrote:low of 62*
That may be the last widespread cool crisp morning.

If Euro Ens are right next week the trough returns Friday ish over the NE and we return to Normal which means nighttime low in the mid to lower 60s and dry.

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2014

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12437
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:08 am

Beautiful morning .... 68 currently in AC....a bit breezy with small craft advisory until tom morning...traveling today..on inter coastal...the waves last night on the ocean side were fierce to watch from the board walk...they were 5-7 feet...lucky we are on the inside... Smile
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3026
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by sroc4 Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:40 pm

@amugs wrote:
@Dtone wrote:low of 62*
That may be the last widespread cool crisp morning.

If Euro Ens are right next week the trough returns Friday ish over the NE and we return to Normal which means nighttime low in the mid to lower 60s and dry.

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2014

So far any LR projection of the hot and humid has persistently been blunted by either short duration, or not nearly as hot and humid as the LR may had led one to believe.  

Interesting too that most models have had the ENSO in an El Nino state for the summer, but it has persistently remained in the neutral category.  Latest ONI value for April/May/June should be out in a week or so, but the ONI is still not in the official El Nino category.  Latest 30day SOI avg is technically in the El Nino category, but the 90 AVG is still neutral and overall the atmospheric observations in the tropical pacific have by and large behaved like an ENSO neutral state.  Some models have began to back down on the El Nino and have it remaining neutral well into the fall.  Its too early to tell what effects any of this will have yet on the winter as there are many other factors to consider.  Here is an excerpt from the CPC's latest ENSO discussion.  

Many models predict the onset of El Niño (3-month average Niño-3.4 index at or greater than 0.5°C) during the Northern Hemisphere summer [Fig. 6]. However, the NCEP CFSv2 and most of the models from the latest runs of the North American Multi-Model Ensemble (NMME) are now favoring the continuation of ENSO-neutral. These predictions, combined with the near-average atmospheric conditions over the Pacific, have resulted in slightly more confidence for the persistence of ENSO-neutral (50 to ~55% chance). However, chances for El Niño remain elevated (35-50%) relative to the long-term average into the fall. In summary, ENSO-neutral is favored (50 to ~55% chance) through the Northern Hemisphere fall 2017 (click CPC/IRI consensus forecast for the chance of each outcome for each 3-month period).

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65" WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20" WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25" WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85"
WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
Dec 16th/17th 7.25"    
Jan 31st-Feb 3rd 15.5"    
Feb 7th 6"
Feb 10th-11th 2.75"
Feb 18th-19th 6.25"
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 6973
Reputation : 292
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 am

Tx sroc for update....currently in Somers Point 69* winds ssw 12 mph....foggy miserable morning....
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 3026
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 57
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by frank 638 Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:22 pm

I wonder if the National Weather Service will extend the severe thunderstorm watch to NYC and East to Long Island and Connecticut or will we have a severe thunderstorm warning especially for NYC. Very humid getting cloudy waiting for these thunderstorms to come in

frank 638
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 2366
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 38
Location : bronx ny

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by rb924119 Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:05 am

@sroc4 wrote:
@amugs wrote:
@Dtone wrote:low of 62*
That may be the last widespread cool crisp morning.

If Euro Ens are right next week the trough returns Friday ish over the NE and we return to Normal which means nighttime low in the mid to lower 60s and dry.

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Img_2014

So far any LR projection of the hot and humid has persistently been blunted by either short duration, or not nearly as hot and humid as the LR may had led one to believe.  

Interesting too that most models have had the ENSO in an El Nino state for the summer, but it has persistently remained in the neutral category.  Latest ONI value for April/May/June should be out in a week or so, but the ONI is still not in the official El Nino category.  Latest 30day SOI avg is technically in the El Nino category, but the 90 AVG is still neutral and overall the atmospheric observations in the tropical pacific have by and large behaved like an ENSO neutral state.  Some models have began to back down on the El Nino and have it remaining neutral well into the fall.  Its too early to tell what effects any of this will have yet on the winter as there are many other factors to consider.  Here is an excerpt from the CPC's latest ENSO discussion.  

Many models predict the onset of El Niño (3-month average Niño-3.4 index at or greater than 0.5°C) during the Northern Hemisphere summer [Fig. 6]. However, the NCEP CFSv2 and most of the models from the latest runs of the North American Multi-Model Ensemble (NMME) are now favoring the continuation of ENSO-neutral. These predictions, combined with the near-average atmospheric conditions over the Pacific, have resulted in slightly more confidence for the persistence of ENSO-neutral (50 to ~55% chance). However, chances for El Niño remain elevated (35-50%) relative to the long-term average into the fall. In summary, ENSO-neutral is favored (50 to ~55% chance) through the Northern Hemisphere fall 2017 (click CPC/IRI consensus forecast for the chance of each outcome for each 3-month period).

This is observation is key.....have you looked at the recent EPS for day 6 and beyond?? Trough, trough, and more trough. The models are having an incredibly difficult time with the extended. The true reason is anybody's guess, but my own thinking is the SOI is having a large impact on this, since it has been consistently biased negative. Just like in winter, when it's negative, look for eastern CONUS troughing to show up about 7-10 days down the road in concert with Gulf of Alaska troughing and subsequent western ridging. Well, when it's consistently negative, theoretically there should also be a time-mean setup like that, which for the most part is verifying. I also think the significantly below average nearshore coastal waters are having an impact, as too is the water content of the region's soil, allowing the troughs to deepen as they draw nearer. The models, with their inability to resolve such subtleties at longer ranges, dissolve these troughs until they come back with a vengeance once inside days 7-8, as the computational error starts becoming reduced and the finer details start having more weight. Just my opinion.

What I WILL say with certainty, though, is that this is really elevating my excitement for this coming winter season. Once these types of patterns become established, it becomes quite difficult for them to be eroded, even through the change of seasons. In fact, this type of pattern with the timing we are seeing is pretty much prime for a positive feedback cycle as we head into the colder months, at least in my opinion. We shall see, but right now, I'm thinking a '09-'10/'13-'14/'14-'15 repeat/blend may be possible this year. I'll leave that for our longer range experts to chime in on when the time is right, though. Wink Wink

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 5553
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 29
Location : Parents: Greentown, Pa/Me: L.B.I., NJ

Back to top Go down

June Obs/Disco - Page 4 Empty Re: June Obs/Disco

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum