NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Convection...some people may see 3-4"/hour snowfall rates (cough long island)

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 5a4d7e6296693_CODNEXLAB-GOES16-CleanLong-waveInfrared-00_00Z-19700101_853-870-1-100(1).gif.2914bbb93778e86945cc08f0f9b712a5

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 pm

@mikeypizano wrote:
@billg315 wrote:I think the time for models has really passed. Best thing to do now is see how the radar and other real-time data are progressing.

Hrrr?

I just think inside of 12 hours why not just watch what's really happening. There's no guarantee a super short-range model is going to be 100% accurate anyway so why not just watch how it progresses in real-time. we're all going to get our answer soon enough. lol
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3634
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by mwilli5783 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

after when this passes(with all this week of checking out different models and y this storm is not acting right this week up until now) don't u guys feel like there's a "letdown"till we gear up for the next snowstorm?..4 me it's after the brutal cold snap this weekend i wanna gear up 4 some more action..let's have another one by next week...

mwilli5783

Posts : 146
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 66
Location : hempstead n.y

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by mikeypizano Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

@billg315 wrote:
@mikeypizano wrote:
@billg315 wrote:I think the time for models has really passed. Best thing to do now is see how the radar and other real-time data are progressing.

Hrrr?

I just think inside of 12 hours why not just watch what's really happening. There's no guarantee a super short-range model is going to be 100% accurate anyway so why not just watch how it progresses in real-time. we're all going to get our answer soon enough. lol

It does run every hour though...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1019
Reputation : 63
Join date : 2017-01-05
Age : 32
Location : Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by skinsfan1177 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm

Something I noticed I was at 26° 3 hours ago now I'm at 33° why?
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 4442
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 43
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by amugs Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 pm

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Img_2043
January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Snowma10

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 12155
Reputation : 211
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 51
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 pm

@skinsfan1177 wrote:Something I noticed I was at 26° 3 hours ago now I'm at 33° why?

Heights are rising ahead of the storm thanks to the TVP over the Great Lakes. How else ya think this storm is moving from SE to NNW?

Also steering winds are pointing north

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 pm

@mikeypizano wrote:
@billg315 wrote:
@mikeypizano wrote:
@billg315 wrote:I think the time for models has really passed. Best thing to do now is see how the radar and other real-time data are progressing.

Hrrr?

I just think inside of 12 hours why not just watch what's really happening. There's no guarantee a super short-range model is going to be 100% accurate anyway so why not just watch how it progresses in real-time. we're all going to get our answer soon enough. lol

It does run every hour though...
Eh, once I get into the final stage of storm tracking I'd rather watch the radars and get reports from reporting stations to my south and west than look at the models. But I'm old school. Or maybe just old. lol
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3634
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Scullybutcher Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 pm

[quote="Frank_Wx"]Convection...some people may see 3-4"/hour snowfall rates (cough long island)

Sounds great to me and syo and sroc if he makes it home
Scullybutcher
Scullybutcher
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 504
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : North Smithtown, western Suffolk county, long island

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by skinsfan1177 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@skinsfan1177 wrote:Something I noticed I was at 26° 3 hours ago now I'm at 33° why?

Heights are rising ahead of the storm thanks to the TVP over the Great Lakes. How else ya think this storm is moving from SE to NNW?

Also steering winds are pointing north

Should I be concerned about mixing at all
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 4442
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 43
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm

@amugs wrote:January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Img_2043
January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Snowma10

Very similar to mine plus or minus some miles with the heaviest amounts.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 pm

@skinsfan1177 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:
@skinsfan1177 wrote:Something I noticed I was at 26° 3 hours ago now I'm at 33° why?

Heights are rising ahead of the storm thanks to the TVP over the Great Lakes. How else ya think this storm is moving from SE to NNW?

Also steering winds are pointing north

Should I be concerned about mixing at all

Yes, might cut down snow totals by 99%

























...kidding

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

21z SREF plumes are out...wow

21z SREF Plumes are up for many locations
 
7.18" EWR
8.55" HPN
9.13" JFK.
12.24" ISP

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

I LOVE YOU ALL

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 5a4d7f66038d4_precip_total_accum_members_NECONUS_hr036(1).thumb.png.71c536223fc834b8d3751088fb4998c9

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by skinsfan1177 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:23 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@skinsfan1177 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:
@skinsfan1177 wrote:Something I noticed I was at 26° 3 hours ago now I'm at 33° why?

Heights are rising ahead of the storm thanks to the TVP over the Great Lakes. How else ya think this storm is moving from SE to NNW?

Also steering winds are pointing north

Should I be concerned about mixing at all

Yes, might cut down snow totals by 99%

























...kidding

Haha
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 4442
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 43
Location : Point Pleasant Boro

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Quietace Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm

@skinsfan1177 wrote:Something I noticed I was at 26° 3 hours ago now I'm at 33° why?
I am 28*F?

_________________
Ryan
Ph.D  Candidate at FSU
M.S. in Meteorology from FSU
B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3615
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 24
Location : Tallahassee, FL

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm

SREFS


January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 IMG_1046.PNG.a9e0dc5a3838ea320a2d9e40f2b7c0e1



January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 IMG_1047.PNG.1665711c9bc046a87d92bb0e4231413b

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.
Any Nutella at the house?
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3634
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Quietace Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.

Interesting.
Watching a podcast.
Godzilla Coming.
Also working from home.
Had Caesar salad.
Man....

_________________
Ryan
Ph.D  Candidate at FSU
M.S. in Meteorology from FSU
B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3615
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 24
Location : Tallahassee, FL

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:27 pm

@billg315 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.
Any Nutella at the house?

It's banned until further notice from the Paparatto household after my GF and I ate a large jar on our own. New Years resolution, one can say.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:28 pm

@Quietace wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.

Interesting.
Watching a podcast.
Godzilla Coming.
Also working from home.
Had Caesar salad.
Man....

I did not see a snow map from you. I pay you more than any other mod. 

Fired.

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by billg315 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:28 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@billg315 wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.
Any Nutella at the house?

It's banned until further notice from the Paparatto household after my GF and I ate a large jar on our own. New Years resolution, one can say.
lol Laughing
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 3634
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 47
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:29 pm

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 IMG_1049.PNG.3c493048a77c98763affc7d2e3307c9c

_________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Posts : 20004
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2013-01-05
Age : 29
Location : Morris Plain, NJ

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Quietace Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:30 pm

@Frank_Wx wrote:
@Quietace wrote:
@Frank_Wx wrote:Rocky II.

Mothrazilla coming.

Working from home tomorrow. 

Had peas tonight.

Man.

Interesting.
Watching a podcast.
Godzilla Coming.
Also working from home.
Had Caesar salad.
Man....

I did not see a snow map from you. I pay you more than any other mod. 

Fired.
That's weird. I am still waiting on back pay from 2013....

_________________
Ryan
Ph.D  Candidate at FSU
M.S. in Meteorology from FSU
B.S. in Meteorology from Plymouth State University
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Posts : 3615
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 24
Location : Tallahassee, FL

Back to top Go down

January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations  - Page 4 Empty Re: January 4th Mothrazilla: Final Call & Observations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum