NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2nd Nor'easter Update

+66
nujerzeedevil
SENJsnowman
jldio
NjWeatherGuy
lglickman1
Fededle22
Smarnold
Dtone
2004blackwrx
MattyICE
hurrysundown23
1190ftalt
snowday111
Vinnydula
heehaw453
skinsfan1177
Sparky Sparticles
Snow88
SPM12
HeresL
Poohman521
New Yorker 234
mikeypizano
emokid51783
sabamfa
DAYBLAZER
Carter bk
Scullybutcher
docstox12
adamfitz1969
Frankdp23
Sanz01
Math23x7
oldtimer
hyde345
track17
Radz
SNOW MAN
crippo84
CPcantmeasuresnow
amugs
larryrock72
essexcountypete
SoulSingMG
dsix85
Dunnzoo
SnowForest
RJB8525
jmanley32
frank 638
bloc1357
Grselig
gigs68
bobjohnsonforthehall
dkodgis
nutleyblizzard
WeatherBob
rb924119
jimv45
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
algae888
billg315
sroc4
deadrabbit79
Frank_Wx
70 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

March 2nd Nor'easter Update - Page 17 Empty Re: March 2nd Nor'easter Update

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:44 pm

algae888 wrote:Rb I did mention the HR DPS also did you take a look at the UK i e 35 mm of precipitation after temperatures crash below zero at 850 in New York City that's impressive

Did you? My bad!! We must have posted at similar times hahaha and I wasn't trying to call anybody out, it was more of like a probing question to raise excitement levels ahahaha and yeah, I peeped it Wink H5 was literally GORGEOUS. And again, that is ALL I care about. Surface maps can go pound salt for all I care lmao

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:46 pm

What’s everyone’s best guess for warning/advisory updates for the afternoon package?

aiannone
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:48 pm

rb924119 wrote:FOR THE RECORD OUR PRIMARY LOW IS ALREADY FILLING IN #SURPRISE
The strength of the primary low and when it transfers is one of the big keys to the forecast. RB please keep us updated!!!
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:48 pm

aiannone wrote:What’s everyone’s best guess for warning/advisory updates for the afternoon package?

Mass hysteria, back tracking, and trying to save face with broad, and untrue PR statements about how this is a last-second shift of cold air and the entire system lmfao GFS Model Brick Tired Mad

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 pm

aiannone wrote:What’s everyone’s best guess for warning/advisory updates for the afternoon package?

My best guest is widespread disappointment lol. Ever since those two blunder blizzard forecasts by the NWS, they've been uber conservative.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 pm

WWA for NYC metro LI (not eastern Suffolk) and coastal CT. Interior NENJ and LHV for 2-4”. WSW
N and W of there’s for 6-18”. Highest Poconos Catskills

My guess

I still like my map rb tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:50 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:
rb924119 wrote:FOR THE RECORD OUR PRIMARY LOW IS ALREADY FILLING IN #SURPRISE
The strength of the primary low and when it transfers is one of the big keys to the forecast. RB please keep us updated!!!

Unfortunately, my time here is limited, as I'm going to be heading to work soon :/ but I will try to check in as much as I can.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:50 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Soul I think that map may be low. The hww for eastern areas is 70 mph. I think we reach hww criteria. Small changes could also greatly change where highest winds are.

Jerez you and your wind fetish............I meant obsession Wink   This storm looks likely to provide me with my firewood for next winter.  Tons of trees coming down with the soft ground.  I have my chainsaw sharpened and ready.

I only got 1 chain thats sharp... I hope I don't need mine... Mad
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:51 pm

syosnow94 wrote:

WWA for NYC metro LI (not eastern Suffolk) and coastal CT. Interior NENJ and LHV for 2-4”. WSW

My guess

As do I!!! And the best part is that we can objectively verify it once the storm is over to see who was right, wrong, or closer!!! cheers cheers cheers

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:53 pm

rb924119 wrote:

Mass hysteria, back tracking, and trying to save face with broad, and untrue PR statements about how this is a last-second shift of cold air and the entire system lmfao GFS Model Brick Tired Mad

I am a big fan of mayhem and chaos when it comes to snow. Bring it on. Let the schemers scheme!!!! Fascinating watching the forecasts this week.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Soul I think that map may be low. The hww for eastern areas is 70 mph. I think we reach hww criteria. Small changes could also greatly change where highest winds are.

Jerez you and your wind fetish............I meant obsession Wink   This storm looks likely to provide me with my firewood for next winter.  Tons of trees coming down with the soft ground.  I have my chainsaw sharpened and ready.

I got my Husky 395xp that I bought last summer on standby, and I couldn't be more excited to have to possibly bring it with me to cut my way into work tomorrow afternoon!!!! An East Coast Axe Man!!!! Still breaking it in, though, so I can't run it full-throttle yet - need about another five hours of run time first lol Mad Mad But every little bit helps ahahaha

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by WeatherBob Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 pm

RB - quick question, what kind of work do you do?
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm

rb924119 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

My guess

As do I!!! And the best part is that we can objectively verify it once the storm is over to see who was right, wrong, or closer!!! cheers cheers cheers

By the way. I hope really hard that I am wrong and you are right because 6”+ here would be miraculous

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm

OH. MY. EURO.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:56 pm

rb924119 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

I got my Husky 395xp that I bought last summer on standby, and I couldn't be more excited to have to possibly bring it with me to cut my way into work tomorrow afternoon!!!! An East Coast Axe Man!!!! Still breaking it in, though, so I can't run it full-throttle yet - need about another five hours of run time first lol  Mad Mad But every little bit helps ahahaha

Hurricane Sandy was orgasmic. A wood lovers dream

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:57 pm

rb924119 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

I got my Husky 395xp that I bought last summer on standby, and I couldn't be more excited to have to possibly bring it with me to cut my way into work tomorrow afternoon!!!! An East Coast Axe Man!!!! Still breaking it in, though, so I can't run it full-throttle yet - need about another five hours of run time first lol  Mad Mad But every little bit helps ahahaha

Stihl MS250 here, Was using it past 2 days. One of my chains is pretty bad from hitting rocks and i really dulled one out on Tuesday when I was cutting a trail for someone and some stuff was near a metal chainlink fence... If you ever want to talk saws, text me anytime.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:59 pm

WeatherBob wrote:RB - quick question, what kind of work do you do?

By degree, and as you can probably see, by heart, I'm a met. In reality, I currently work for a ship routing company as a data analyst/QC-tech. Certainly an interesting and fun job, but it doesn't compare to stuff like this lol I eventually intend to return to the private forecasting sector, but this job is too good for me to leave it for anything I have seen posted recently. That said, I am also actively pursuing other avenues as well lol However, on top of that, I do firewood and help a friend of mine with his pool business on the side when I can.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:01 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

My guess

By the way. I hope really hard that I am wrong and you are right because 6”+ here would be miraculous

Hahaha I am pretty sure that you don't have to clarify this statement, as I think it's easily implied lmao however, I personally believe borderline likely that you at least get close to 6".

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:01 pm

rb924119 wrote:OH. MY. EURO.

Care to explain lol?

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:02 pm

What does the EURO show?
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:03 pm

aiannone wrote:

Care to explain lol?

That did not sound positive
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:05 pm

EUROOOOOOO SHE'S BACK IN BIZNESSSS
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:06 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

Hurricane Sandy was orgasmic.  A wood lovers dream

Oh absolutely. I never such destruction at my home in PA as I did with that. And up there, we don't have these "little" 50 and 60 footers. Our land is true old-growth forest with the average height of our trees between 100-120'. When they start swaying toward 55°, it get's scary QUICK lol Sandy just took dozens, four stacked like cordwood (pun intended) right in our dooryard. Three were laid one on top of the other chest high - to get into our shed we had literally climb over them. But the winds were so fierce they did something I had never seen before, and believe me, I've seen my share of trees and tree damage. The hardwoods weren't just snapped; they were either splintered (like something exploded inside of them), or the knuckle where the roots start fanning out from the base of the trunk, were twisted right off the root system. I could literally pick the the trunk and knuckle out of the ground as one unit because they were just spun and sheared right off. Absolutely amazing to see; I've never seen anything like it.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:08 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
rb924119 wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

Stihl MS250 here, Was using it past 2 days. One of my chains is  pretty bad from hitting rocks and i really dulled one out on Tuesday when I was cutting a trail for someone and some stuff was near a metal chainlink fence... If you ever want to talk saws, text me anytime.

Oh Mikey, as a seasoned saw vet you should know better than to stone your chain!!!! Smh, man lol JK!! 250 is a great saw; not too big, but just big enough for most jobs and still versatile enough to be up in a tree with.

Last edited by rb924119 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
aiannone wrote:

Care to explain lol?

That did not sound positive

Oh it was VERY POSITIVE. Still lagging on surface maps, but mid-levels looks phenomenal. Still improved on surface maps, though, too.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Still unimpressed with the EURO. The urban heat island will likely rear its ugly head in NYC tomorrow. I'm not expecting much stickage from this.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:18 pm

March 2nd Nor'easter Update - Page 17 FB_IMG_1519927641176.thumb.jpg.22f2de46d1e8189850b3e5e571a63ea3

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next