NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0

+44
sabamfa
kalleg
skinsfan1177
Radz
deblanka
GreyBeard
Quietace
Joe Snow
aiannone
oldtimer
Sanchize06
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
richb521
gigs68
essexcountypete
WeatherBob
SENJsnowman
dad4twoboys
amugs
Dtone
Taffy
Scullybutcher
Dunnzoo
brownie
weatherwatchermom
SNOW MAN
jimv45
RJB8525
nutleyblizzard
billg315
jmanley32
dkodgis
frank 638
algae888
docstox12
Grselig
Math23x7
rb924119
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
Nyi1058
mikeypizano
Frank_Wx
48 posters

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 9 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 am

Grselig wrote:The only thing to kill is the electrical box so nobody gets killed!!!!!!!

But its a runaway trolley, so killing power won't stop it...

mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:44 am

TheAresian wrote:It depends. Do I owe any of them money?

There were many excellent responses but I still have to say the first one by the Aresian should be the winner. Short and to the point, and funny as were many others.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:18 am

I HATE this time change. Not only do models come out an hour later, but it also creates a substantially increased amount of down time on the forums. I don't like this.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

There were many excellent responses but I still have to say the first one by the Aresian should be the winner. Short and to the point, and funny as were many others.

Thanks, CP. I'll split the prize money with you. Enjoy your half of the nothingness.....wow, that last sentence sounds way too nihilistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 am

TheAresian wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Thanks, CP. I'll split the prize money with you. Enjoy your half of the nothingness.....wow, that last sentence sounds way too nihilistic.

I'm embarrassed to say I had to look up nihilistic.

Since I'm embarrassed to say it, I'm not sure why I did? That may be a whole other road to explore.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 am

rb924119 wrote:I HATE this time change. Not only do models come out an hour later, but it also creates a substantially increased amount of down time on the forums. I don't like this.

Agreed. I hate it and not just due to models running later. I like sleeping in winter more than summer since it gets dark earlier and stays darker at night in my opinion.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am

mikeypizano wrote:
rb924119 wrote:I HATE this time change. Not only do models come out an hour later, but it also creates a substantially increased amount of down time on the forums. I don't like this.

Agreed. I hate it and not just due to models running later. I like sleeping in winter more than summer since it gets dark earlier and stays darker at night in my opinion.

The fix of course would be to turn the clocks back another hour in March but then the sun would be rising at 2:45 AM at the end of June.

Of course if we continued to do this every year turning the clocks back in autumn and back an hour again in spring eventually the calendar would turn completely and we would have winter in July and summer in December. Kind of like what we had 2 Decembers ago.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

The fix of course would be to turn the clocks back another hour in March but then the sun would be rising at 2:45 AM at the end of June.

Of course if we continued to do this every year turning the clocks back in autumn and back an hour again in spring eventually the calendar would turn completely and we would have winter in July and summer in December. Kind of like what we had 2 Decembers ago.

That was fun... Rainy and I think 67 or 68 on Fourth of July, and 69 on Christmas Eve...
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:28 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

That was fun... Rainy and I think 67 or 68 on Fourth of July, and 69 on Christmas Eve...

For those of us less educated than The Aresian. (I really hope that he was not referring to (2) b, but considering the conversations this morning anything is possible.)

Nihilistic
1 a : a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless
Nihilism is a condition in which all ultimate values lose their value. —Ronald H. Nash
b : a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths
2 a : a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility
b capitalized : the program of a 19th century Russian party advocating revolutionary reform and using terrorism and assassination
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

For those of us less educated than The Aresian. (I really hope that he was not referring to (2) b, but considering the conversations this morning anything is possible.)

Nihilistic
1 a : a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless
Nihilism is a condition in which all ultimate values lose their value. —Ronald H. Nash
b : a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths
2 a : a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility
b capitalized : the program of a 19th century Russian party advocating revolutionary reform and using terrorism and assassination

Pass the vodka comrade!
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:57 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Nihilistic

Pass the vodka comrade!

So you are a Soviet revolutionary using terrorism and assassination to advance your agenda. Damn, maybe CP was right. What is your agenda. is it weather related?
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Nihilistic

Pass the vodka comrade!

So you are a Soviet revolutionary using terrorism and assassination to advance your agenda.     Damn, maybe CP was right.   What is your agenda.  is it weather related?

1.) Drink vodka
2.) ???
3.) SNOW
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Nihilistic

Pass the vodka comrade!

So you are a Soviet revolutionary using terrorism and assassination to advance your agenda.     Damn, maybe CP was right.   What is your agenda.  is it weather related?

Someone here is hiding something or just plain lying. Thunder snows current reputation is 30 Mikey's reputation is 28. It's close but since the reputation counter doesn't lie I have to assume Mikey is hiding something.

Thank God Frank instituted the reputation counter last month, or we would never know who to believe.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Nihilistic

Pass the vodka comrade!

Someone here is hiding something or just plain lying. Thunder snows current reputation is 30 Mikey's reputation is 28. It's close but since the reputation counter doesn't lie I have to assume Mikey is hiding something.

Thank God Frank instituted the reputation counter last month, or we would never know who to believe.

How do we know he doesn't have fake accounts liking his posts? scratch
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Ok. I just stumbled in here and read the last few pages. Clearly we need a storm. Suddenly OTI seems comparatively sane. I’m stumbling back out. Toodles.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

This is a weather site, not a politics site. I don't hide poison in my garage or am accused of influencing elections. Thankfully the reputation counter was initiated (the idea of CP himself) and CP enjoys a stellar reputation of 66. His integrity therefore speaks for itself. However those who accuse of of fraud have absolutely nothing to fear.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

billg315 wrote:Ok. I just stumbled in here and read the last few pages. Clearly we need a storm. Suddenly OTI seems comparatively sane. I’m stumbling back out. Toodles.

I actually thought I was on OTI.

Everyone that has contributed the last two pages really should be given honorary citizenship. I believe they've all earned it.

I should add of course that half the people that have contributed the last two pages are citizens or ex-citizens, who am I speaking of, of OTI.. No surprises there.

Are we plotting on OTI to take over the banter thread? Is this some kind of covert action that I wasn't made aware of?

I'm not sure I approve but we do need more space so if someone did plan this kudos to them.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
billg315 wrote:Ok. I just stumbled in here and read the last few pages. Clearly we need a storm. Suddenly OTI seems comparatively sane. I’m stumbling back out. Toodles.

Everyone that has contributed the last two pages really should be given honorary citizenship. I believe they've all earned it.

I should add of course that half the people that have contributed the last two pages are citizens or ex-citizens, who am I speaking of, of OTI.. No surprises there.

Are we plotting on OTI to take over the banter thread? Is this some kind of covert action that I wasn't made aware of?

I'm not sure I approve but we do need more space so if someone did plan this kudos to them.

Does the island need a landscaper?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I will need approval from Parliament and Doc I believe is away today but I have no problem putting in the nomination right now future Director of landscaping.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:23 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I will need approval from Parliament and Doc I believe is away today but I have no problem putting in the nomination right now future Director of landscaping.

I shall wait for the good news. Smile
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:26 pm

p.s. the train scenario seems more like an episode of the old Batman TV show than an ethics experiment so I think the correct answer is you flip the switch to track one, saving the five, find the person who tied up Frank, beat them senseless “POW” “BAM” “BOOM” then you use your specially designed “bat-rope cutters” to free Frank and save him before being congratulated by Commissioner Gordon.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I realize I did jump one step ahead there, and must adhere to OTI protocol.

I am putting your name before Parliament today for citizenship on OTI. Soon after that, after you have proven yourself as a loyal citizen of OTI we will put your name before Parliament, provided of course you are granted citizenship which seems a mere formality right now, to be the Director of Landscaping on OTI.

I only see one bump in the road for you Mikey, as far as becoming a citizen of OTI, and that is your wishes at various times for spring to come early. On OTI wishing for spring before May is very serious and a first offender receives two handfuls of sand in the face, eyes closed, and 10 lashes with palm tree leaves. Punishments of course are handed out by our Director of security SnowMan.

A second offender receives four handfuls of sand in the face eyes opened, and is then beheaded. Their citizenship is taken from them posthumously.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I am putting your name before Parliament today for citizenship on OTI. Soon after that, after you have proven yourself as a loyal citizen of OTI we will put your name before Parliament, provided of course you are granted citizenship which seems a mere formality right now, to be the Director of Landscaping on OTI.

I only see one bump in the road for you Mikey, as far as becoming a citizen of OTI, and that is your wishes at various times for spring to come early. On OTI wishing for spring before May is very serious and a first offender receives two handfuls of sand in the face, eyes closed, and 10 lashes with palm tree leaves. Punishments of course are handed out by our Director of security SnowMan.

A second offender receives four handfuls of sand in the face eyes opened, and is then beheaded. Their citizenship is taken from them posthumously.

Understood but I am simply trying to follow the money. If it is going to be warm, I would like to get a head start on spring cleanups and mulch jobs before mowing season is here.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:50 pm

mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Understood but I am simply trying to follow the money. If it is going to be warm, I would like to get a head start on spring cleanups and mulch jobs before mowing season is here.

I understand, just don't ever mention things like that while you are on OTI, SnowMan has beaten people senseless for much less.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I understand, just don't ever mention things like that while you are on OTI, SnowMan has beaten people senseless for much less.

Noted... Do NOT anger SnowMan.
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Director of Landscaping ought to be an interesting responsibility. Mikey, I hope you're good at doing fun and exciting things with sand. And if anybody named Farmer Jones offers to show you the inside of his barn, abandon the mower and run for your life.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

TheAresian wrote:Director of Landscaping ought to be an interesting responsibility. Mikey, I hope you're good at doing fun and exciting things with sand. And if anybody named Farmer Jones offers to show you the inside of his barn, abandon the mower and run for your life.

One of my favorite plants grows in sand actually. But sadly, I think they may not live well on the island... What kind of weather conditions does it have?

I suck at running, so I will just ride the mower away, it is faster than me running... Laughing
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum