NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 3.0

+44
sabamfa
kalleg
skinsfan1177
Radz
deblanka
GreyBeard
Quietace
Joe Snow
aiannone
oldtimer
Sanchize06
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
richb521
gigs68
essexcountypete
WeatherBob
SENJsnowman
dad4twoboys
amugs
Dtone
Taffy
Scullybutcher
Dunnzoo
brownie
weatherwatchermom
SNOW MAN
jimv45
RJB8525
nutleyblizzard
billg315
jmanley32
dkodgis
frank 638
algae888
docstox12
Grselig
Math23x7
rb924119
sroc4
CPcantmeasuresnow
Nyi1058
mikeypizano
Frank_Wx
48 posters

Page 17 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 17 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 3.0

Post by sroc4 Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:43 pm

I know we are all VERY excited about the upcoming snow storm, but Id like to take two minutes to congratulate our very own Alex (aiannone) for passing the first part of his CPA exams.  Studying and taking this exam amidst a March to remember tracking snow storm after snow storm. 1 down 2 to go!!!  Bravo kid

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 17 Giphy

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Wx Banter Thread 3.0 - Page 17 29386454_2308524609165582_7993341081712328704_n

Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:53 pm

sroc4 wrote:I know we are all VERY excited about the upcoming snow storm, but Id like to take two minutes to congratulate our very own Alex (aiannone) for passing the first part of his CPA exams.  Studying and taking this exam amidst a March to remember tracking snow storm after snow storm.  1 down 2 to go!!!  Bravo kid

Why thank you! It has been hard to juggle the constant storms and studying, but It's working so far it seems lol

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:01 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:I have a question....is anyone working? told ya told ya

Good question, it's tax season and I couldn't be busier than I am right now and all I've done for three hours is check out this forum every three minutes. It's actually the main reason I try to keep my identity anonymous. Would you want your accountant doing this all day long? Personally I wouldn't and I'd fire the bastard if I knew.
ha ha....brother and dad cpa's....

Ummm CP  I have reason to believe you are my accountant.  Your ass is fired after tax season unless you get me a massive refund!!!!

I moved this to banter because I didn't want to break up Frank's replay of the Euro, but this just got me cracking up and then of course thinking, how do I know this isn't a client?

Your going to need a code word. Like pineapple. Staple a sticky note to his return or email the return with the subject Pineapple or OTi.  If it’s him he’ll let ya know. Or Gresling if you sit face to face with your accountant say Pineapple and then you’ll know. I want to be a fly on the wall for that.

lol! lol! lol!

I love this idea.

The next time I'm face-to-face with a client which weather permitting will be Thursday, I'm going to start off the meeting with this.

"Before we start to review your financial statements what did you think of the pineapple crop on OTI this year? Or maybe something like, "Do you think using the Death coconut to quell the OOTI rebellion was excessive use of force".

I've been looking to slow up in the next several years anyway this might expedite the process.

you are hilarious... retirement is fun!! I love it retired from working in the finance field after we had our son..shh don't let my husband hear me gloat about not working!!

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm

sroc4 wrote:I know we are all VERY excited about the upcoming snow storm, but Id like to take two minutes to congratulate our very own Alex (aiannone) for passing the first part of his CPA exams.  Studying and taking this exam amidst a March to remember tracking snow storm after snow storm.  1 down 2 to go!!!  Bravo kid

party party party party CONGRATULATIONS...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 pm

FYI I received Frank's email "Godzilla Storm Likely" at 7:33 tonight. It was sent out at 2:15 Monday afternoon.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Grselig wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:I have a question....is anyone working? told ya told ya

Good question, it's tax season and I couldn't be busier than I am right now and all I've done for three hours is check out this forum every three minutes. It's actually the main reason I try to keep my identity anonymous. Would you want your accountant doing this all day long? Personally I wouldn't and I'd fire the bastard if I knew.
ha ha....brother and dad cpa's....

Ummm CP  I have reason to believe you are my accountant.  Your ass is fired after tax season unless you get me a massive refund!!!!

I moved this to banter because I didn't want to break up Frank's replay of the Euro, but this just got me cracking up and then of course thinking, how do I know this isn't a client?

Your going to need a code word. Like pineapple. Staple a sticky note to his return or email the return with the subject Pineapple or OTi.  If it’s him he’ll let ya know. Or Gresling if you sit face to face with your accountant say Pineapple and then you’ll know. I want to be a fly on the wall for that.

lol! lol! lol!

I love this idea.

The next time I'm face-to-face with a client which weather permitting will be Thursday, I'm going to start off the meeting with this.

"Before we start to review your financial statements what did you think of the pineapple crop on OTI this year? Or maybe something like, "Do you think using the Death coconut to quell the OOTI rebellion was excessive use of force".

I've been looking to slow up in the next several years anyway this might expedite the process.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

CP, this is a grand slam home run!!! I would love to be able to see your face if one of your clients responds "well, down at the Cconut Lounge, we have a poster of the Death Coconut up already"!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 am

Congratulations on your hard work! You will always be working, that's for sure, the need for CPA's just grows every year.You picked a winner of a profession!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 am

Well, my self imposed exile has resulted in what I wanted to see this morning,pink all over the NWS Map area wide!!! Congrats to Frank, rb, Doc , Mugs and others who are bringing this baby around.All that's left to look for is a last minute jog E or W and where any "death bands" set up.They call it "March Madness" in baskebtall, but up here in my location I've received 41.5 inches in March so far ( as per trained spotter measurement) with 8 to 14 more coming my way.It's your dream march, CP! Good luck to all and I will enjoy all day tomorrow posting observations and looking at all the other members posts to see how the storm is progressing.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 am

Just read about a sharp cutoff possible in my area.The big snowstorm of 26 inches here had taken a last minute East jog of 30 miles.Maybe these last models are seeing more of that.Well, maybe it's the NJ Shore and Island's crew that will get the 20 plus this time and me up here the 8 or 9.Mother Nature is the great equalizer in the long term.Anyhoo, the radar tomorrow morning will tell the tale of the final track.Juts hoping to break 80 inches for the season.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:32 am

docstox12 wrote:Just read about a sharp cutoff possible in my area.The big snowstorm of 26 inches here had taken a last minute East jog of 30 miles.Maybe these last models are seeing  more of that.Well, maybe it's the NJ Shore and Island's crew that will get the 20 plus this time and me up here the 8 or 9.Mother Nature is the great equalizer in the long term.Anyhoo, the radar tomorrow morning will tell the tale of the final track.Juts hoping to break 80 inches for the season.

NWS WSW for 10-16 I'm just not getting it. If we do 6-8 in this I'll be happy. Very little support for those toals among any models I've seen in the last 12 hours. Hopefully they're right though Doc. I'd like to break 50 inches for March not expecting it though.

As you always say it's Nowcast time. Enjoy Ft. Lee and visit with mom Docstox, I'll be off most of the day too I really have to concentrate on work day today.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:40 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:Just read about a sharp cutoff possible in my area.The big snowstorm of 26 inches here had taken a last minute East jog of 30 miles.Maybe these last models are seeing  more of that.Well, maybe it's the NJ Shore and Island's crew that will get the 20 plus this time and me up here the 8 or 9.Mother Nature is the great equalizer in the long term.Anyhoo, the radar tomorrow morning will tell the tale of the final track.Juts hoping to break 80 inches for the season.

NWS WSW for 10-16 I'm just not getting it. If we do 6-8 in this I'll be happy. Very little support for those toals among any models I've seen in the last 12 hours. Hopefully they're right though Doc. I'd like to break 50 inches for March not expecting it though.

As you always say it's Nowcast time. Enjoy Ft. Lee and visit with mom Docstox, I'll be off most of the day too I really have to concentrate on work day today.

LOL, CP.Reminds me of that scene from Godfather 3....."Just when I thought I was OUT, they pull me back IN". I dare you to avoid looking through the day with this possible S and E shift in the cards!

I'll be coming back tonight,just going for the day to Fort lee to help Mom out.I want to be here in the house in case of power failure.Yep, not feeling the love from those latest model runs.We have 8 to 12 OTG to start this event so whatever comes will help to keep the snowpack alive.I defintely think for next winter season, we should start a thread for "Snowpack Days", the total number of days we have snowpack OTG.This winter has been good in that department, albeit scattered over a few time frames.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:09 am

Got to wonder how many Godzilla’s have hit us after March 15?
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:13 am

Grselig wrote:Got to wonder how many Godzilla’s have hit us after March 15?  

So my worst fears have been realized, apparently no one does read the weather statistics thread other than myself, Mike, Doc and occasionally Dtone.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:26 am

has Math talked about the latest model runs since last night? i like his insights
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:31 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

So my worst fears have been realized, apparently no one does read the weather statistics thread other than myself, Mike, Doc and occasionally Dtone.

Not when a Godzilla looms. I’ll check
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:02 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Correction, I did. So Bill as well.

I appreciated the distinction made regarding the 1958 storm and whether it was a "Spring" storm.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Gonna find a metaphorical bridge to jump off of!!!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Grselig wrote:Gonna find a metaphorical bridge to jump off of!!!!!

Can I have your stuff?
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm

mikeypizano wrote:

Can I have your stuff?
Sure. All my metaphorical stuff. No problem!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeypizano Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Grselig wrote:
mikeypizano wrote:

Can I have your stuff?
Sure. All my metaphorical stuff. No problem!

Sweeeeet Very Happy
mikeypizano
mikeypizano
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 pm

While all of you are worried about where the cut off lines are, I rest confidently knowing that I am getting absolutely nothing out of this. I swear though, if I hear any of you complaining next winter about lack of snowfall, I'm going to let loose with about 10000 arias from the four letter opera. Except maybe for Mikey... and maybe Ray.... and Frank because he runs the board. Oh yeah, Snowman too because he's agreed to stop hunting me. And Sroc because he puts so much work into the board. I almost forgot the OTI guys. I can't yell at them either. They suffer enough in their own way. And any women because I wouldn't feel right cursing out a female. And Alex because he seems like a pretty cool guy. Probably shouldn't yell at the posters on the board I don't recognize either. No point in being rude to strangers. It would be bad karma to yell at people who contribute so I better leave them off too.

But anybody else.... wait a second. Is there anybody else? Oh well, if there is.. and if you complain about lack of snow.... and if I even remember that I wrote this.... and if I can actually do it without getting banned... and if next winter is worse for me than this winter... then watch out cause there will be so many darns thrown around that you'll think you're reading the transcript to a 19th century sock repair shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Frank just saved my metaphorical life. whew.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:42 pm

TheAresian wrote:While all of you are worried about where the cut off lines are, I rest confidently knowing that I am getting absolutely nothing out of this. I swear though, if I hear any of you complaining next winter about lack of snowfall, I'm going to let loose with about 10000 arias from the four letter opera. Except maybe for Mikey... and maybe Ray.... and Frank because he runs the board. Oh yeah, Snowman too because he's agreed to stop hunting me. And Sroc because he puts so much work into the board. I almost forgot the OTI guys. I can't yell at them either. They suffer enough in their own way. And any women because I wouldn't feel right cursing out a female.  And Alex because he seems like a pretty cool guy. Probably shouldn't yell at the posters on the board I don't recognize either. No point in being rude to strangers. It would be bad karma to yell at people who contribute so I better leave them off too.

But anybody else.... wait a second. Is there anybody else? Oh well, if there is.. and if you complain about lack of snow.... and if I even remember that I wrote this.... and if I can actually do it without getting banned... and if next winter is worse for me than this winter... then watch out cause there will be so many darns thrown around that you'll think you're reading the transcript to a 19th century sock repair shop.    

lol! lol! lol! lol!

This is classic, but now with the Euro CFI issues it probably won't apply.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 pm

NAM just rebuilt my metaphorical bridge!!!! Ok - maybe i don't yet build that bridge!!!! Models will kill me first!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Grselig wrote:NAM just rebuilt my metaphorical bridge!!!!  Ok - maybe  i don't yet build that bridge!!!!   Models will kill me first!!!
Huh? The NAM was a great hit!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:54 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Grselig wrote:NAM just rebuilt my metaphorical bridge!!!!  Ok - maybe  i don't yet build that bridge!!!!   Models will kill me first!!!
Huh? The NAM was a great hit!

I panicked early!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next