NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense

+3
mikeypizano
docstox12
CPcantmeasuresnow
7 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense - Page 8 Empty Re: OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:55 pm

Happy first day of Wing.

The Weather world is all excited about the cold and snowy pattern change setting up for Mid February to Mid March. These always seem to be 15 days away. Will it happen? As the old saying goes even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Say it enough times and eventually guys like JB will be right, but just in case he's wrong again, let's all be on alert for a massive influx of snow sick Mainlanders during the later half of February.

CPisasnowdesert
Director of the Treasury
Benevolent Dictator OOTI

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

docstox12 and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense - Page 8 Empty Re: OOTI - where using the letters MJO or GLC is a capital offense

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:10 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Happy first day of Wing.

The Weather world is all excited about the cold and snowy pattern change setting up for Mid February to Mid March. These always seem to be 15 days away. Will it happen? As the old saying goes even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Say it enough times and eventually guys like JB will be right, but just in case he's wrong again, let's all be on alert for a massive influx of snow sick Mainlanders during the later half of February.

CPisasnowdesert
Director of the Treasury
Benevolent Dictator OOTI

Parliament of OTI wishes you, Dear OOTI Dictator, a happy Wing!
Yes, the continuous waiting for a pattern that never changes and the Mainlanders trying to reel it in reminds one of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1_2sl8kmM

We take your advisement seriously here at OTI and will have a special meeting of Parliament on how to deal with the probable massive influx you warn of to OTI and OOTI.You have done amazing work at OOTI helping alleviate the influx here at OTI as all our sectors were overwhelmed after the catastrophic month of December on the Mainland.In any event, our Treasury is just overflowing with a massive surplus .We never have deficits or,horrors, DEBT like incapable politicians on the Mainland do.

We will be watching carefully how Wing develops and act accordingly. You will be advised by Parliament carrier pigeons on the latest developments.

As ever,

Docstox
Director OTI Parliament
Director OTI Sanitarium
Temporary Director of the Coconut Lounge
Feb. 2, Anno Domani 2024 in the season of Wing

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:09 pm

Happy Wing fellow islanders! I spent most of the last few days taking down my Wall decorations and putting up my Wing decorations. Wing, it appears, will be welcomed with warmth. 60 degrees maybe this weekend. Very fitting for the season.
As for pattern changes on the mainland. I'm maybe slightly more optimistic about this one than you. But, as a chronic worrier, I do fear we may find the "cold pattern" leads to the equally horrifying malady: Suppression Depression as the cold dry air mass keeps the storms at bay to our south and east.
Keep the Coconut Lounge stocked just in case. I assure you, even if things go well on the mainland in the next few weeks, we can consume the excess stockpile of alcohol in March and April.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

docstox12 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:22 pm

billg315 wrote:Happy Wing fellow islanders! I spent most of the last few days taking down my Wall decorations and putting up my Wing decorations. Wing, it appears, will be welcomed with warmth. 60 degrees maybe this weekend. Very fitting for the season.
As for pattern changes on the mainland. I'm maybe slightly more optimistic about this one than you. But, as a chronic worrier, I do fear we may find the "cold pattern" leads to the equally horrifying malady: Suppression Depression as the cold dry air mass keeps the storms at bay to our south and east.
Keep the Coconut Lounge stocked just in case. I assure you, even if things go well on the mainland in the next few weeks, we can consume the excess stockpile of alcohol in March and April.

Dear Excellent Inquisitor,
I agree 100% with your logic here.The overall awful Wall season was a boom economy for OOTI and OTI.Logic would agree that suppression depression should pop up as the rest of the Wing season would resemble what happened in the awful Wall.At the Coconut Lounge, we believe in redundancy, have back up plans for any and all possible scenarios on the Mainland and I will go down there today to take a personal inventory of kegs and bottles of the various alcoholic beverages we serve there.
In any event, the annual closing weekend of the Islands around the 1st of April is reserved for officials and staff only and it will be a blowout one this year with the records set in visitors and revenue!
I will also advise the Sanitarium staff to set up areas for triage of Suppression Depression victims when that rears its ugly head on the Mainland.

Always grateful for your work and feedback!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

billg315 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum