NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations

+77
Artechmetals
snowlover78
Lnda23
cooladi
Dtone
WeatherBob
mancave25
snemiroff
Dunnzoo
dad4twoboys
jldio
Radz
Sparky Sparticles
lisalamb
petep10
heehaw453
toople
jake732
Snow88
Joe Snow
2004blackwrx
SENJsnowman
devsman
oldtimer
freezerburn
docstox12
brownie
HeresL
Math23x7
mwilli5783
SkiSeadooJoe
hurrysundown23
frank 638
emokid51783
Vinnydula
mikeypizano
Aiosamoney21
richb521
GreyBeard
Carter bk
sroc4
bluebythec
dkodgis
Angela0621
deadrabbit79
bobjohnsonforthehall
larryrock72
skinsfan1177
Smittyaj623
rb924119
nujerzeedevil
shawnerak
bloc1357
gigs68
jjlane25
Grselig
nutleyblizzard
essexcountypete
mmanisca
dsix85
crippo84
RJB8525
jimv45
algae888
Scullybutcher
Quietace
adamfitz1969
aiannone
amugs
billg315
Taffy
jmanley32
weatherwatchermom
CPcantmeasuresnow
SoulSingMG
Sanchize06
Frank_Wx
81 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations - Page 24 Empty Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 am

rb924119 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
rb924119 wrote:Where's CP at???? Even the NWS acknowledges my presence in Fishkill!!!!!! Their latest grid:

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations - Page 24 Img_1436

Unbelievable lol you couldn't DRAW that any better and this is their modeled blend lmao

Confirmation of the snow hole RB, I'm a believer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU93NiF12qs

Time to move, I think 10 miles in any direction will be an improvement. 20 miles SSW and you'd have 71 inches this year and the whole month of March with deep snow cover. Consider it, you don't want to end up miserable like Mikey.

Or just back home in NEPA where they have way more than you......annually AhahAha

What town and what do they average? Also what's the elevation there?

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations - Page 24 Empty Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations

Post by SoulSingMG Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:26 am

Math23x7 wrote:Within the past hour, the air temperature rose and dew point temperature dropped, not what I like to see.

I'm curious what it is you *do like to see because you only seem to comment when it's "negative" against a storm's performance. What storm in recent memory pre-impressed you prior to its fruition? Genuinely curious, not being snarky :-)

Regarding temps, this baby's gonna explode south of us and precip rates will be impressive. Temp profile is also better for this storm than any of the previous ones we've tracked this March. Should be a solid Spring performance.

SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 am

2004blackwrx wrote:Rb i know that snow hole very well. At least the models are finally showing recognizing it.  I wonder if it has to do with the large hills and moutains around us sucking the moisture out of the system.
There is also a regular snow hole just south of peekskil right on the river im waiting for models to pick that up.

I was telling Mike that recently, there are places right near the Hudson that you don't want to be as a snow lover. They lose out on many marginal events, very noticeably.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:28 am

SoulSingMG wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:Within the past hour, the air temperature rose and dew point temperature dropped, not what I like to see.

I'm curious what it is you *do like to see because you only seem to comment when it's "negative" against a storm's performance. What storm in recent memory pre-impressed you prior to its fruition? Genuinely curious, not being snarky :-)

Regarding temps, this baby's gonna explode south of us and precip rates will be impressive. Temp profile is also better for this storm than any of the previous ones we've tracked this March. Should be a solid Spring performance.

Mike is a motivational speaker.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:35 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:

Haha, let's go!

party party party party
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:

You mean like this?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:40 am

Cp you are not that close but close enough our snow totals should be way closer. Your 600 foot elevation might be stealing my snow. Grrrrrrrr. Haha
Also your river comment is spot on I literraly work next to the river. The property touches the river. We will het like 2 inches and the i drive at most a mile away from river and there is suddenly 8 inches. Some of it is due to high winds o. River blowing snow.

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 am

CP, they're in Greentown, Pa, sitting at ~1800 feet lmao as for average snowfall? I can't give you a set number because I honestly don't know lmao probably near 80 if I had to guess. It's very much it's own micro-climate. A lot of times it will be snowing with nothing radar. Great place to grow up!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:00 am

2004blackwrx wrote:Cp you are not that close but close enough our snow totals should be way closer.  Your 600 foot elevation might be stealing my snow. Grrrrrrrr. Haha
Also your river comment is spot on I literraly work next to the river. The property touches the river. We will het like 2 inches and the i drive at most a mile away from river and there is suddenly 8 inches. Some of it is due to high winds o. River blowing snow.

The same situation exists further south from you in Fort Lee NJ and Edgewater.Edgewater, like it's name suggests, sits right on the Hudson and Fort Lee is 200 feet up.Last Tuesday, there was 3 or 4 inches of snow pack on my Mom's property in Fort Lee while Edgewater had nothing but a few small snow piles in the parking lots.

Last edited by docstox12 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 am

rb924119 wrote:CP, they're in Greentown, Pa, sitting at ~1800 feet lmao as for average snowfall? I can't give you a set number because I honestly don't know lmao probably near 80 if I had to guess. It's very much it's own micro-climate. A lot of times it will be snowing with nothing radar. Great place to grow up!!

I know Greentown well, I pass through it, by Farnk's Restaurant and the two gas stations on 507 ( or is it 502), turning left a little up the hill to get to Lake Wallenpaupack.Been making that run since 1975 as my old Frat Buddy has a house on the inlet to the Lake.

Just cloudy out, nothing happening yet.I'm on the northern fringe of the heavy stuff, near the I 84 scroo zone.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:18 am

Good evening doc. Weather really is amazing. Yoi have technology that cant predict weather and micro climates that differ from an area just a mile away. Mind blowing stuff.

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 am

2004blackwrx wrote:Good evening doc. Weather really is amazing. Yoi have technology that cant predict weather and micro climates that differ from an area just a mile away. Mind blowing stuff.

Absolutely blackwrx!! It's a great thesis for a paper in Meteorology! Where I am in the Hudson Valley, I am near the top of a 700 foot mountain.Once there was an ice storm, and maybe 200 feet down the hill, the trees were bare of ice.There is always 3 or 4 inches more snow OTG up here than down at the bottom.Micro climates ARE incredible and I'm sure a lot of our board members have a story to tell about ones in their area.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:54 am

I alway like looking up into the mountains in our area and seeing the layers. It really shows as the weather warms and the bottom of tge moutain is brown and it gets whiter as you go up

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:56 am

Sorry my post are not too relevant. I need to learn where to watch models then how to read them so I can me more then a radar tracker.

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:59 am

Hows the fire looking syo. Unless you get free wood it time to move to coal so you can enjoy a night of sleep

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter bk Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:02 am

So is nyc still in for double digits?

Carter bk

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 am

Looks like there may be snow in jmanley land and southern westchester

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:08 am

Radar showa good part of jersey dry while pennsylvania is snowy

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 am

Just starting me up to add wood to fire. Looked st radar. Looked st temps. I’m EXTREMELY NERVOUS AND PESSIMISTIC about this storm. It seems to me that most models overnight are east and quicker for the storm to depart. They also cut way down on totals. I’m no expert but we keep wanting to toss models for various reasons but at some point this has to stop. The 0z EURO which we all used to stay up for was horrendous.

I’m seriously starting to think we don’t even get to double digits. Very curious to see Upton at 4:00 am update. Neutral Neutral Neutral

Last edited by syosnow94 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 am

Thats what makes this fun haha

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 am

Gotta say though the radar over the ocean looks really impressive and heading right towards long Island

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:44 am

Precip has begun in PORT CHESTER, NY and guess what: It's SNOW. Smile
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:47 am

Goid start thanks for 1st snow report

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:48 am

Temp 36.8
Dew 18

Going to make for great wetbulbing!

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 am

Liking radars northingly movement. If this continues shall see snow here by daybreak

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:53 am

6z NAM coming in colder for the coast

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by 2004blackwrx Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 am

Is it still showing a hit n and w like earlier?

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum