NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes?

+23
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
Math23x7
jwalsh
frank 638
billg315
larryrock72
Dunnzoo
Radz
weatherwatchermom
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
Zhukov1945
SoulSingMG
amugs
Sanchize06
Frank_Wx
jmanley32
Joe Snow
algae888
Grselig
Quietace
sroc4
27 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 3 Empty Re: FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes?

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Holy wow nj to NYC 10 to 15 inches of rain! And she looks like may Reintensify a bit once offshore run still coming in. Gosh I hope we aren't still deal with Florence on the following Monday which gfs portrays. We gonna need an arc if that rain is true.

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 3 Empty Re: FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes?

Post by nutleyblizzard Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:44 pm

18z GFS is a hurricane Irene redux for our area with catastrophic flooding. Good lord.

nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:04 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:18z GFS is a hurricane Irene redux for our area with catastrophic flooding. Good lord.
ha I was just saying to someone looks exactly like Irene! With that kinda rain and already muddy ground here wpuld need but 50mph winds to cause a lot downed trees. In that scenario. Not saying it will happen. Everything is still on the table except ots with this trough.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
nutleyblizzard wrote:18z GFS is a hurricane Irene redux for our area with catastrophic flooding. Good lord.
ha I was just saying to someone looks exactly like Irene! With that kinda rain and already muddy ground here wpuld need but 50mph winds to cause a lot downed trees. In that scenario. Not saying it will happen. Everything is still on the table except ots with this trough.

If that panned out, we'd be in big trouble. Flooding is already a real possibility this Monday and Tuesday with moisture from Gordon riding along a frontal boundary. Imagine how saturated the area already is coupled with that kind of solution? I can't.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

If that panned out, we'd be in big trouble. Flooding is already a real possibility this Monday and Tuesday with moisture from Gordon riding along a frontal boundary. Imagine how saturated the area already is coupled with that kind of solution? I can't.
Yeah its going to be a long wait but I think by beginning of week we should have a good idea what shes doing.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:20 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
I've been nervously tracking Florence not only with the potential impacts that could occur, but I'm hosting my mother's 80th birthday on Sunday the 16th. If Florence or her remains makes it up this way, it needs to clear out by then.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
I've been nervously tracking Florence not only with the potential impacts that could occur, but I'm hosting my mother's 80th birthday on Sunday the 16th. If Florence or her remains makes it up this way, it needs to clear out by then.
She really riockets toward US once beginning of week comes, what is slowing her so much now and causes such a increase in speed in a few days? Is the increase in intensity coming why she speeds up?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
same thing here..we have a big anniversary party for my parents on the 16th....and can someone remind me...how much rain we got with George...was Irene worse?
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:54 pm

IMO florence will be moved out by that time unless she gets trapped under the ridge, and with my luck itll prolly stall right over me.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:09 pm

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 3 Al06_211
Many members hit the outer banks of NC then bring Florence northbound.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:22 pm

WOW Already!!! "Prepare for a natural disaster over the weekend"

https://abc11.com/governor-cooper-declares-state-of-emergency-ahead-of-hurricane-florence/4175283/
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:24 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 3 Al06_211
Many members hit the outer banks of NC then bring Florence northbound.
Those winds in kts cant be right, this go be a cat 4, is it cuz its ensembles? But none get close to 100mph, so i am guessing they alot higher and hence higher once up here, so 60mph up here, that would cause some problems for sure, especially if sustained, yeah thats not a good look.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:46 pm

Bernie, says 50/50 shot now landfalling hurricane somewhere between NC and cape cod, he believes as do i, there will be flip flopping through the weekend and even after and I agree, it will be interesting to see if there is any NW jog at all, but even so I think it will still miss OTS track.

LOL, snaps at global warming comment

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGaXvoBNbKj
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:04 pm

sorry...earlier I asked about hurricane george it was hurricane floyd that I remember the flooding rains..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:16 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:sorry...earlier I asked about hurricane george it was hurricane floyd that I remember the flooding rains..
Floyd and Irene were both huge rainmakers. There were multiple locations in and around the area that received over 10 inches.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:25 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:sorry...earlier I asked about hurricane george it was hurricane floyd that I remember the flooding rains..
Floyd and Irene were both huge rainmakers. There were multiple locations in and around the area that received over 10 inches.
tx..yes..I needed a memory jog..to me floyd was worse in the area I lived than Irene was. That why I was fuzzy. It was all about the location. If I am not mistaken and I should google it. Floyd was the storm that destroyed Manville. Tx..sorry this is now banter
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:27 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Bernie, says 50/50 shot now landfalling hurricane somewhere between NC and cape cod, he believes as do i, there will be flip flopping through the weekend and even after and I agree, it will be interesting to see if there is any NW jog at all, but even so I think it will still miss OTS track.

LOL, snaps at global warming comment

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGaXvoBNbKj
good video.I like the way he explains things..but he did have a lot of comments on the side...lol
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchize06 Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:48 pm

0z ICON further NE than 12z. Just misses landfall in NC and hits the block offshore east of Cape May

Sanchize06
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Is the icon a new model..this is the first time I see it being mentioned with this storm...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:57 pm

00z GFS ridge building in is slightly weaker and a tiny bit more north, this may allow for a hit somewhere more north on the EC, also looks like it could have a possible escape if I am reading the maps right.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchize06 Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:00 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:Is the icon a new model..this is the first time I see it being mentioned with this storm...

Yes, I believe it's the new German model. Not sure how great it is lol

Sanchize06
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:02 am

florence better hang in there, down to 60mph, wouldnt it be ironic if she got sheared apart completely.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 am

Sanchize06 wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:Is the icon a new model..this is the first time I see it being mentioned with this storm...

tx that run did not bode well for us
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
Sanchize06 wrote:

no it misses completely, the beaches would get battered but theres no rain or wind impacts looks like.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:04 am

sanchiz, is there anyway in the icon run that she could get pushed back west into a landfall, or is a OTS the only way? That would be crazy.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:09 am

00z going for a SC/GA hit? further south by quite a bit at hr 126.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:10 am

jmanley32 wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
Sanchize06 wrote:

no it misses completely, the beaches would get battered but theres no rain or wind impacts looks like.
that's what I was talking about....they are working right now on sand replenishment in Seaside...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum