NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+46
Elmer J Fudd, Billionaire
Bkdude
algae888
Irish
toople
jaydoy
richb521
crippo84
phil155
Judy Margolis
bloc1357
oldtimer
jimv45
Artechmetals
Scullybutcher
bobjohnsonforthehall
Taffy
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
Vinnydula
skinsfan1177
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
SoulSingMG
sroc4
sabamfa
Math23x7
frank 638
Radz
essexcountypete
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
heehaw453
Quietace
jmanley32
nutleyblizzard
dkodgis
docstox12
billg315
HectorO
Grselig
amugs
mwilli
mikeypizano
brownie
Frank_Wx
50 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 5 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by sroc4 Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:Just wanted to share with you all (my first weather familia Very Happy ) some big news I got today! I'm super excited for this next chapter of my life and appreciate all I've learned so far from many of you over the years! Follow your dreams, no matter what. cheers

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 5 7c97a310

Hey CONGRATS soulsing. That’s awesome! Best of luck

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:06 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:Just wanted to share with you all (my first weather familia Very Happy ) some big news I got today! I'm super excited for this next chapter of my life and appreciate all I've learned so far from many of you over the years! Follow your dreams, no matter what. cheers

congratulations that is very good news and I am very happy to hear that I wish u all the best

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:39 am

amugs wrote:Peeps,

Do not know where to put this so I am posting this here to share with my NJ Strong Wx familia. .

I have been somewhat MIA since the beginning of April when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I teach and taught a world renowned surgeons sons and have a very good relationship with the family over the past 7 years so I decided to use this contact. I contacted him for help and that he did out of Columbia Presbyterian referring me to a world renowned colorectal surgeon. I had successful laparoscopic colon surgery where they removed 12" of my large intestines on May 1st. How I found this tumor was (no pun intended) but through the back door. I thought I was having a heart attack and rushed to the hospital only to find out it was not a heart attack (thank God) BUT I was down 8-9 pints of blood after blood work, I was internally bleeding. After a CT scan and a Colonoscopy (~ 15K for sticking a hose up ones *****!) with a few biopsies a week later it came back the tumor that was obstructing 2/3 of colon was indeed cancer. My surgeon  and I ripped the GI and pathology department since they really bumfucked this important test, took so long to get the findings. After the pathology report from the surgery it was concluded I was low risk Stage 3. Only 1 out of 19 lymph nodes were infected and it was the node right above the tumor, it is non genetic and non aggressive cancer and was isolated to that spot. This is the same area where I had massive surgery back in 1993 when I was 23 - a coincidence - perhaps but no new dr is touching that one (CYA in full effect there) but I along with old GI from then whom I am friendly with believe it is quite possible (he is the head of the GI dept at St Joe Medical Center in Paterson here). Thank God, yes I do, it did not spread to anywhere else in my body. SO I have come all the way back from the surgery and blood loss and started "light" chemotherapy this past Thursday - 5 cycles in all (only 4 left!!) of three week lengths both IV and Oral and should wrap this up come later September just in time for us to start ramping up our winter talk and guys like CP and Syo start to come awake from Hibernation!! I am doing well and will beat this, hell I basically have so far and I am on my last lap with a few hurdles to go. I'll clear these as well. I held off on telling my son who was graduating HS so as to not make this about me and have him worry but let him enjoy these days of his senior year which he did and I am glad I did. So, I shall be here and this gives me positive vibes discussing a passion, the weather.

Thanks my NJ Strong Family and have a great day.

Mugs

Oh no, I am so sorry you and your family are going thru this. (I am behind on my reading..sorry I did not see this earlier). I hope this response finds you strong and on a further along your road to recovery!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:40 am

How exciting!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Sroc..thank you for the information you gave us..thank goodness we had a relaxing vacation and no dog worries!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:52 am

Al - many prayers your way. Good luck the rest of the way. I know you will overcome it.

Soul - congrats man!! Love hearing stories of people who follow their passion.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:26 pm

[quote="weatherwatchermom"][quote="amugs"]Peeps,

Mugs- thinking of you and saying prayers!!!   Big time.  Glad I logged on today and happy you seem to be doing okay. Its a battle I've seen many people win!  We'd better get a Winter Storm Mugs this year. -Mugzilla! You said a few really helpful things to me personally after my dad died and I always appreciate that. You made a difference. Stay positive!!!!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:23 am

Mugziecito, how are you doing?
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:57 pm

dkodgis wrote:Mugziecito, how are you doing?

I second this. Mugnatz if your reading how are you feeling Buddy?

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:59 am

sroc4 wrote:
dkodgis wrote:Mugziecito, how are you doing?

I second this.  Mugnatz if your reading how are you feeling Buddy?

Hi Damian and Doc.Hope your summers are going well and I also would like to know how our beloved NJ Strong family member Mugsy is doing.Prayers going up always Mugsy.Hopefully he is enjoying the summer with the fam and will be back here regularly when we approach Fall ( less than 2 months away WOOHOO!!!!)
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:02 am

Hi anyone hear how Mugs is doing??? Hope he is humming down the road to recovery!!!!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:Al - many prayers your way. Good luck the rest of the way. I know you will overcome it.

Soul - congrats man!! Love hearing stories of people who follow their passion.

Thanks Frank, and everyone, for all the best wishes! Means a lot.

Thinking of you, Mugs and sending nothing but love & positive thoughts your way.
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:28 am

I was up in Warwick NY with the wife and noticed two early maple trees turning color, par for the course up in the higher elevations up here in the HV.Days getting shorter as well, a welcome harbinger of the approaching Fall season.A typical summer week coming up, temps in the 80's with chances of T Storms or showers most every day.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 am

SFirst of off, Soul congrats on your admittance, that is an tremendous accomplishment and Inalong the your NJStrongwx family wish you the best of luck.
Second, thank you all for your kind words l, prayers and concern.
I am doing well overall after finishing my 2nd round of chemo. Mugs 2-0 on the score card from the Italian, Irish and Russian judge!! I had a couple of side affects, throat cancer sores like a coaxsackie virus and lock jaw but after the first 5 days it went away. Some nausea at times but. Nothing bad. Doing Accupuncture and keeping it positive and busy. I have 3 more rounds to go when I get back from my family vacation in the green land of.....Ireland. Yes that's right I am here with my wife and sons enjoying my wife's family heritage and this magnificent country. Dr. Postponed my IV chemo so I may enjoy my trip and I am only taking my oral pills for the time being. She is awesome and said I am doing excellent overall with my chemo treatments so far. Oh and yes I shall be posting more as we start to enter to our Fall equinox. Speaking of o see the LR pattern for the NE looks somewhat fall like for a period and then summer returns. The Meridional flow of the jetstream that will cause extremes. All due to our ball of fusion, Mr. Sun. Did y'all see how active our geomagnetic has been the last 6 weeks with numerous many shakers and puffers? Numerous moderate and strong EQ's and Vomcanoes going off. THREE VEI 4 levels volcanoes which will hold well down the road for us come winter as is the pattern for this NAO/AO couplet with sposmadic EPO regimes. If it were winter we'd be jumping for joy.
Anyone see the massive warm pool of water in the PDO region but most specifically the Gulf of Alaska !! Flashea of 13-14,14-15 there peeps. Hope it holds for 6 more months!!!
Okay off yo have a pint - bit of trivia which h country produces the most amount of Guiness a year?
Ireland, Australia, United States, Nigeria???
Answer will be forth coming.
Have fun, enjoy your summer and I'll be posting me answer later. Take a guess and have a drink on me..... AC/DC!!
Mugs

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sabamfa Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Hey Mugs, my dad used to get sores in his throat, mouth, and lips with his chemo treatments. For his lips, he used O'Keeffe's Lip Repair balm. It helped a LOT. Just a heads up in case you experience that as well.

Enjoy Ireland!

sabamfa
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by essexcountypete Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:38 pm

amugs wrote:Okay off yo have a pint - bit of trivia which h country produces the most amount of Guiness a year?
Ireland, Australia, United States,  Nigeria???
Have fun, enjoy your summer and I'll be posting me answer later. Take a guess and have a drink on me..... AC/DC!!
Mugs

I know Nigeria consumes vast amounts of Guinness and they love it almost as much as the Irish.

Sláinte! Good wishes for good health!
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:47 am

Great news Mugsy, glad you are doing good and having fun In Ireland.I'll look forward to seeing more of your great posts as we get closer to the best season of the year!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:30 am

Mugs, glad to read the good news. There's many many many decades of big time winter storms to track. Plus a few Canes. Have fun and enjoy the Guinness!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Mugzcito, glad to hear you are getting along and keeping well.

I am back after a time in FL. Md to upper 90’s and high humidity. Bracing stuff!
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Mugzcito, glad to hear you are getting along and keeping well.

I am back after a time in FL. Md to upper 90’s and high humidity. Bracing stuff!
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYzMzAe_aU

Bored..so I was poking around...hope this guy is right!!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:14 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYzMzAe_aU

Bored..so I was poking around...hope this guy is right!!
I hope so I want a another winter of 95-96again.thank you for sharing this

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 am

It was fun to watch but it's all based on Ocean Temperatures and the analog years that go with it.Don't know how reliable that is and way too early IMO.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am

docstox12 wrote:It was fun to watch but it's all based on Ocean Temperatures and the analog years that go with it.Don't know how reliable that is and way too early IMO.

I disclaimed I was bored.. and dreaming of wearing a nice cozy sweater...lol and I would love it to be correct..but took it with a grain of salt...now going outside to enjoy this beautiful low humidity filled day! Have a great weekend Very Happy
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:59 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
docstox12 wrote:It was fun to watch but it's all based on Ocean Temperatures and the analog years that go with it.Don't know how reliable that is and way too early IMO.

I disclaimed I was bored.. and dreaming of wearing a nice cozy sweater...lol and I would love it to be correct..but took it with a grain of salt...now going outside to enjoy this beautiful low humidity filled day! Have a great weekend Very Happy

Sure, Mom, it was fun to watch it as I am an incurable snowaholic,lol.

Enjoy the rest of the summer Mom!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:56 pm

essexcountypete wrote:
amugs wrote:Okay off yo have a pint - bit of trivia which h country produces the most amount of Guiness a year?
Ireland, Australia, United States,  Nigeria???
Mugs

I know Nigeria consumes vast amounts of Guinness and they love it almost as much as the Irish.

Sláinte! Good wishes for good health!

Pete,
BAZINGA!!! Nigeria is. Correct consuming 4.6 million pints of the s TY out each year, Ireland is as fee condition with 4.1 million and the USA gets the bronze with 3.8 million.
Tanks for playing LOL!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by aiannone Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:34 am

amugs wrote:Peeps,

Do not know where to put this so I am posting this here to share with my NJ Strong Wx familia. .

I have been somewhat MIA since the beginning of April when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I teach and taught a world renowned surgeons sons and have a very good relationship with the family over the past 7 years so I decided to use this contact. I contacted him for help and that he did out of Columbia Presbyterian referring me to a world renowned colorectal surgeon. I had successful laparoscopic colon surgery where they removed 12" of my large intestines on May 1st. How I found this tumor was (no pun intended) but through the back door. I thought I was having a heart attack and rushed to the hospital only to find out it was not a heart attack (thank God) BUT I was down 8-9 pints of blood after blood work, I was internally bleeding. After a CT scan and a Colonoscopy (~ 15K for sticking a hose up ones *****!) with a few biopsies a week later it came back the tumor that was obstructing 2/3 of colon was indeed cancer. My surgeon  and I ripped the GI and pathology department since they really bumfucked this important test, took so long to get the findings. After the pathology report from the surgery it was concluded I was low risk Stage 3. Only 1 out of 19 lymph nodes were infected and it was the node right above the tumor, it is non genetic and non aggressive cancer and was isolated to that spot. This is the same area where I had massive surgery back in 1993 when I was 23 - a coincidence - perhaps but no new dr is touching that one (CYA in full effect there) but I along with old GI from then whom I am friendly with believe it is quite possible (he is the head of the GI dept at St Joe Medical Center in Paterson here). Thank God, yes I do, it did not spread to anywhere else in my body. SO I have come all the way back from the surgery and blood loss and started "light" chemotherapy this past Thursday - 5 cycles in all (only 4 left!!) of three week lengths both IV and Oral and should wrap this up come later September just in time for us to start ramping up our winter talk and guys like CP and Syo start to come awake from Hibernation!! I am doing well and will beat this, hell I basically have so far and I am on my last lap with a few hurdles to go. I'll clear these as well. I held off on telling my son who was graduating HS so as to not make this about me and have him worry but let him enjoy these days of his senior year which he did and I am glad I did. So, I shall be here and this gives me positive vibes discussing a passion, the weather.

Thanks my NJ Strong Family and have a great day.

Mugs

I have not checked the banter thread in so long, so I apologize for the late message! I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. However, your attitude sounds great and you will come out the other side and it will be nothing but a memory! Stay strong and positive and you'll be back to tracking storms in great health with out anything else on your mind!

Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum