NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by jmanley32 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Thanks all, for the sympathys and mom, janet so sorry for your losses. Yes my wife lost her Mom Sept. 2019. This was her step father so her birth fater is still alive but still sad nonethless. To compact the downward spiral the terminated me and many other employees due to financial crisis starting July 1st. I can't believe I have to work this week and put on a happy face for these scmucks. I get that they can't financially do it anymore but they really left us i nthe dust, medical cut off June 30th (getting medicaid takes a month at least so lets pray I do not get sick because no way I am going to any doctor without coverage, I lose my therapist and my medications are in jeopardy because none are due till after July 4th. Cobra is far too much with 0 income. Unemployment won't kick in until the middle of July and it sucks I will only see one month of the $600 extra, I hope they extend it or some form of compensation even if they say cut it in half. If they end it completely its going to get rough. No prospect of being rehired (possible) but I am not waiting on them, for a slim chance tha tthe school goes back Sept. its not traditional school we work 52 weeks a year so I do qualify for unemployment, its more difficult for contracted Dept. Ed teachers, we fall under Dept. Health. Fathers day has really been dampened along with my birthday next week. We are headed out to dinner soon, luckily i have a bit of a cushion until UI kicks in and we have my wife employed with no suggestion of layoffs.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 am

@jmanley32 wrote:Thanks all, for the sympathys and mom, janet so sorry for your losses. Yes my wife lost her Mom Sept. 2019.  This was her step father so her birth fater is still alive but still sad nonethless.  To compact the downward spiral the terminated me and many other employees due to financial crisis starting July 1st.  I can't believe I have to work this week and put on  a happy face for these scmucks. I get that they can't financially do it anymore but they really left us i nthe dust, medical cut off June 30th (getting medicaid takes a month at least so lets pray I do not get sick because no way I am going to any doctor without coverage, I lose my therapist and my medications are in jeopardy because none are due till after July 4th. Cobra is far too much with 0 income. Unemployment won't kick in until the middle of July and it sucks I will only see one month of the $600 extra, I hope they extend it or some form of compensation even if they say cut it in half.  If they end it completely its going to get rough.  No prospect of being rehired (possible) but I am not waiting on them, for a slim chance tha tthe school goes back Sept. its not traditional school we work 52 weeks a year so I do qualify for unemployment, its more difficult for contracted Dept. Ed teachers, we fall under Dept. Health.  Fathers day has really been dampened along with my birthday next week. We are headed out to dinner soon, luckily i have a bit of a cushion until UI kicks in and we have my wife employed with no suggestion of layoffs.

Thank you for your condolences and again I am sorry for your family's losses in the past year. I am also sorry to hear about your job. Suggestion, sometimes a pharmacist can call insurance and they can make an exception to getting meds in advance. I know when I traveled and we needed to have a certain med, it was done for us. I am worried about friends who are also unemployed and will not be getting the 600 dollars extra after July...a lot of people think that the unemployed just want to sit back and collect and even getting that 600 dollars does not always cover the bills. There are over 40 million unemployed and getting a new job is not like turning on a light switch....but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope that you are able to get a new position sooner rather than later!! Thank goodness your wife has not lost her position. I know a couple of people who have both wife and husband home. Sad I know in NJ there is state insurance for kids..if you are not going to take insurance for yourself. I have a friend who got divorced and she had her children on the state insurance that only cost 50 dollars a month...just a throw out for you...do not know what NY has. please take care!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:09 am

Bantering a moment about this winter, I am hearing La Nina which I believe usually means sparse snow. Using CP's numbers for 2017 (a La Nina winter, right?), we had very good snow up here.

So what are the odds?

I can dream.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

@weatherwatchermom wrote:
@jmanley32 wrote:Thanks all, for the sympathys and mom, janet so sorry for your losses. Yes my wife lost her Mom Sept. 2019.  This was her step father so her birth fater is still alive but still sad nonethless.  To compact the downward spiral the terminated me and many other employees due to financial crisis starting July 1st.  I can't believe I have to work this week and put on  a happy face for these scmucks. I get that they can't financially do it anymore but they really left us i nthe dust, medical cut off June 30th (getting medicaid takes a month at least so lets pray I do not get sick because no way I am going to any doctor without coverage, I lose my therapist and my medications are in jeopardy because none are due till after July 4th. Cobra is far too much with 0 income. Unemployment won't kick in until the middle of July and it sucks I will only see one month of the $600 extra, I hope they extend it or some form of compensation even if they say cut it in half.  If they end it completely its going to get rough.  No prospect of being rehired (possible) but I am not waiting on them, for a slim chance tha tthe school goes back Sept. its not traditional school we work 52 weeks a year so I do qualify for unemployment, its more difficult for contracted Dept. Ed teachers, we fall under Dept. Health.  Fathers day has really been dampened along with my birthday next week. We are headed out to dinner soon, luckily i have a bit of a cushion until UI kicks in and we have my wife employed with no suggestion of layoffs.

Thank you for your condolences and again I am sorry for your family's losses in the past year. I am also sorry to hear about your job. Suggestion, sometimes a pharmacist can call insurance and they can make an exception to getting meds in advance. I know when I traveled and we needed to have a certain med, it was done for us. I am worried about friends who are also unemployed and will not be getting the 600  dollars extra after July...a lot of people think that the unemployed just want to sit back and collect and even getting that 600 dollars does not always cover the bills. There are over 40 million unemployed and getting a new job is not like turning on a light switch....but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope that you are able to get a new position sooner rather than later!! Thank goodness your wife has not lost her position. I know a couple of people who have both wife and husband home. Sad   I know in NJ there is state insurance for kids..if you are not going to take insurance for yourself. I have a friend who got divorced and she had her children on the state insurance that only cost 50 dollars a month...just a throw out for you...do not know what NY has. please take care!
Hey, yeah I am all set I was approved for affinity at no cost so my medication will be covered starting yesterday actually. I think ultimately the senate and house will come to some sort of compromise on the $600 extension in the heroes act. But maybe not we will see. My daughter is on CHIP health insurance and my wife also gets affinity at no charge. I really do not want to find a new job but I know that I cannot just sit around and hope my job will hire me back though once they have caseloads for everyone the probably will. Its just that they are working on about 20% of normal capacity which is almost nothing they got rid of 10 of the 17 teachers. Luckily we are not contracted teachers and Dept. Health EI is a 52 year a week program so I will not have any issue getting unemployment. Some Dept. Ed teachers might as they normally do not work over the summer. I am having my last sessions with the kids this week and it has been very hard to hold back my emotions, you really get attached to these little guys (currently no gals) and just to think about not being able to see their faces anymore is depressing. I love the kids, hate the administration. They did what they had to do but on the whole they could care less about their staff.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 am

@dkodgis wrote:Bantering a moment about this winter, I am hearing La Nina which I believe usually means sparse snow. Using CP's numbers for 2017 (a La Nina winter, right?), we had very good snow up here.

So what are the odds?  

I can dream.
Go ahead continue withthe bad news, jesus what else can go wrong this year!! A cat 5 hurricane into NYC? I mean wow this is short of a apocolyptic year, I am just waiting for the zombies.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Snowfall winter of 2019-2020      8.5"

Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Ooooooooh the “climate change” words
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:58 pm

@dkodgis wrote:Ooooooooh the “climate change” words

lol!

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm

OH COME ON!!!! WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO??????
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm

CP coming back Laughing
dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:45 pm

@dkodgis wrote:CP coming back Laughing

lol! lol!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:47 pm

dkodgis
dkodgis
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:09 pm

And the dust storm marching across the Atlantic into the Caribbean!

https://www.businessinsider.com/sahara-dust-cloud-reaches-us-dangerous-air-quality-2020-6

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 am

And China announced there could be a new swine flu 😰...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum