NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+38
Taffy
aiannone
oldtimer
SENJsnowman
bloc1357
CPcantmeasuresnow
Scullybutcher
sabamfa
rb924119
lja
Irish
heehaw453
mikeypizano
Analog96
kalleg
Jack D.
Quietace
HectorO
algae888
nutleyblizzard
Frank_Wx
dkodgis
Math23x7
Snow88
Bkdude
brownie
sroc4
jimv45
GreyBeard
billg315
frank 638
docstox12
amugs
weatherwatchermom
mwilli
jmanley32
Grselig
Dunnzoo
42 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by Dunnzoo Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Hope all you dads are having a great day today! The heat is on this week!

Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:25 pm

Happy Father’s Day to all the great fathers at least today Not too humid perfect day for a barbecue and fishing

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Thanks all, for the sympathys and mom, janet so sorry for your losses. Yes my wife lost her Mom Sept. 2019. This was her step father so her birth fater is still alive but still sad nonethless. To compact the downward spiral the terminated me and many other employees due to financial crisis starting July 1st. I can't believe I have to work this week and put on a happy face for these scmucks. I get that they can't financially do it anymore but they really left us i nthe dust, medical cut off June 30th (getting medicaid takes a month at least so lets pray I do not get sick because no way I am going to any doctor without coverage, I lose my therapist and my medications are in jeopardy because none are due till after July 4th. Cobra is far too much with 0 income. Unemployment won't kick in until the middle of July and it sucks I will only see one month of the $600 extra, I hope they extend it or some form of compensation even if they say cut it in half. If they end it completely its going to get rough. No prospect of being rehired (possible) but I am not waiting on them, for a slim chance tha tthe school goes back Sept. its not traditional school we work 52 weeks a year so I do qualify for unemployment, its more difficult for contracted Dept. Ed teachers, we fall under Dept. Health. Fathers day has really been dampened along with my birthday next week. We are headed out to dinner soon, luckily i have a bit of a cushion until UI kicks in and we have my wife employed with no suggestion of layoffs.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 am

jmanley32 wrote:Thanks all, for the sympathys and mom, janet so sorry for your losses. Yes my wife lost her Mom Sept. 2019.  This was her step father so her birth fater is still alive but still sad nonethless.  To compact the downward spiral the terminated me and many other employees due to financial crisis starting July 1st.  I can't believe I have to work this week and put on  a happy face for these scmucks. I get that they can't financially do it anymore but they really left us i nthe dust, medical cut off June 30th (getting medicaid takes a month at least so lets pray I do not get sick because no way I am going to any doctor without coverage, I lose my therapist and my medications are in jeopardy because none are due till after July 4th. Cobra is far too much with 0 income. Unemployment won't kick in until the middle of July and it sucks I will only see one month of the $600 extra, I hope they extend it or some form of compensation even if they say cut it in half.  If they end it completely its going to get rough.  No prospect of being rehired (possible) but I am not waiting on them, for a slim chance tha tthe school goes back Sept. its not traditional school we work 52 weeks a year so I do qualify for unemployment, its more difficult for contracted Dept. Ed teachers, we fall under Dept. Health.  Fathers day has really been dampened along with my birthday next week. We are headed out to dinner soon, luckily i have a bit of a cushion until UI kicks in and we have my wife employed with no suggestion of layoffs.

Thank you for your condolences and again I am sorry for your family's losses in the past year. I am also sorry to hear about your job. Suggestion, sometimes a pharmacist can call insurance and they can make an exception to getting meds in advance. I know when I traveled and we needed to have a certain med, it was done for us. I am worried about friends who are also unemployed and will not be getting the 600 dollars extra after July...a lot of people think that the unemployed just want to sit back and collect and even getting that 600 dollars does not always cover the bills. There are over 40 million unemployed and getting a new job is not like turning on a light switch....but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope that you are able to get a new position sooner rather than later!! Thank goodness your wife has not lost her position. I know a couple of people who have both wife and husband home. Sad I know in NJ there is state insurance for kids..if you are not going to take insurance for yourself. I have a friend who got divorced and she had her children on the state insurance that only cost 50 dollars a month...just a throw out for you...do not know what NY has. please take care!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:09 am

Bantering a moment about this winter, I am hearing La Nina which I believe usually means sparse snow. Using CP's numbers for 2017 (a La Nina winter, right?), we had very good snow up here.

So what are the odds?

I can dream.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

weatherwatchermom wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Thanks all, for the sympathys and mom, janet so sorry for your losses. Yes my wife lost her Mom Sept. 2019.  This was her step father so her birth fater is still alive but still sad nonethless.  To compact the downward spiral the terminated me and many other employees due to financial crisis starting July 1st.  I can't believe I have to work this week and put on  a happy face for these scmucks. I get that they can't financially do it anymore but they really left us i nthe dust, medical cut off June 30th (getting medicaid takes a month at least so lets pray I do not get sick because no way I am going to any doctor without coverage, I lose my therapist and my medications are in jeopardy because none are due till after July 4th. Cobra is far too much with 0 income. Unemployment won't kick in until the middle of July and it sucks I will only see one month of the $600 extra, I hope they extend it or some form of compensation even if they say cut it in half.  If they end it completely its going to get rough.  No prospect of being rehired (possible) but I am not waiting on them, for a slim chance tha tthe school goes back Sept. its not traditional school we work 52 weeks a year so I do qualify for unemployment, its more difficult for contracted Dept. Ed teachers, we fall under Dept. Health.  Fathers day has really been dampened along with my birthday next week. We are headed out to dinner soon, luckily i have a bit of a cushion until UI kicks in and we have my wife employed with no suggestion of layoffs.

Thank you for your condolences and again I am sorry for your family's losses in the past year. I am also sorry to hear about your job. Suggestion, sometimes a pharmacist can call insurance and they can make an exception to getting meds in advance. I know when I traveled and we needed to have a certain med, it was done for us. I am worried about friends who are also unemployed and will not be getting the 600  dollars extra after July...a lot of people think that the unemployed just want to sit back and collect and even getting that 600 dollars does not always cover the bills. There are over 40 million unemployed and getting a new job is not like turning on a light switch....but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I hope that you are able to get a new position sooner rather than later!! Thank goodness your wife has not lost her position. I know a couple of people who have both wife and husband home. Sad   I know in NJ there is state insurance for kids..if you are not going to take insurance for yourself. I have a friend who got divorced and she had her children on the state insurance that only cost 50 dollars a month...just a throw out for you...do not know what NY has. please take care!
Hey, yeah I am all set I was approved for affinity at no cost so my medication will be covered starting yesterday actually. I think ultimately the senate and house will come to some sort of compromise on the $600 extension in the heroes act. But maybe not we will see. My daughter is on CHIP health insurance and my wife also gets affinity at no charge. I really do not want to find a new job but I know that I cannot just sit around and hope my job will hire me back though once they have caseloads for everyone the probably will. Its just that they are working on about 20% of normal capacity which is almost nothing they got rid of 10 of the 17 teachers. Luckily we are not contracted teachers and Dept. Health EI is a 52 year a week program so I will not have any issue getting unemployment. Some Dept. Ed teachers might as they normally do not work over the summer. I am having my last sessions with the kids this week and it has been very hard to hold back my emotions, you really get attached to these little guys (currently no gals) and just to think about not being able to see their faces anymore is depressing. I love the kids, hate the administration. They did what they had to do but on the whole they could care less about their staff.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 am

dkodgis wrote:Bantering a moment about this winter, I am hearing La Nina which I believe usually means sparse snow. Using CP's numbers for 2017 (a La Nina winter, right?), we had very good snow up here.

So what are the odds?  

I can dream.
Go ahead continue withthe bad news, jesus what else can go wrong this year!! A cat 5 hurricane into NYC? I mean wow this is short of a apocolyptic year, I am just waiting for the zombies.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm

And then there's this, not looking good for a snowy winter Mad

https://www.essoar.org/doi/10.1002/essoar.10503358.1?fbclid=IwAR2FkPvGn-e73UQHvpL7Cm0hvZgLJAv7wI4B6fdScoDcuYJghPdOlvcJxtg.XvEZFtQSp8M.twitter

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Ooooooooh the “climate change” words
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:58 pm

dkodgis wrote:Ooooooooh the “climate change” words

lol!

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:And then there's this, not looking good for a snowy winter  Mad  

https://www.essoar.org/doi/10.1002/essoar.10503358.1?fbclid=IwAR2FkPvGn-e73UQHvpL7Cm0hvZgLJAv7wI4B6fdScoDcuYJghPdOlvcJxtg.XvEZFtQSp8M.twitter

OH COME ON!!!! WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO??????
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm

CP coming back Laughing
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:45 pm

dkodgis wrote:CP coming back Laughing

lol! lol!
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:47 pm

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/25/nasa-sun-timelapse-newsource-orig-vpx.cnn

10 years of the sun
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:09 pm

And the dust storm marching across the Atlantic into the Caribbean!

https://www.businessinsider.com/sahara-dust-cloud-reaches-us-dangerous-air-quality-2020-6

Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 am

And China announced there could be a new swine flu 😰...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Another pandemic
Another dud winter in 2021

They announced today the new season of peaky blinders will not come out until 2022.

Jesus, there is nothing to look forward to!

Have an amazing 4th everyone Smile

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Hey guys so I got quite the dilemma on my hands and I am hoping someof you older fellows or young may be able to know what to do (NY'ers mainly). So I applied for unemployment on July 1st, I was then asked to file a PUA application that night which I thought was odd because that is for those that do not normally qualify for UI. So i filled it out but I answered a question incorrectly and it instantly denied me. So i was like okay well I will prolly get regular UI anyways. But i was still uneasy about getting that question wrong so called and called and spoke to various people and no one could help, finaly someone was able to put me on the automated line to redo it and it would not take my key inputs so it hung up!! I called DOL advocates as I was beyond frustrated. Now this is where it gets infuriating and potentially illegal. They told me I was going to get a denail for UI because I had no reported wages for the past 18 months (which is the period they look at) WTF? How can that be, well a different name from my employer was listed ABA Co. but the wages were 0. Since ABA is the teaching I do i guessed it had to do with the school. SO he told me to submit all my w2 and pay stubs from 2019 and up to june 30th. Shortly after this I spoke to HR and they told me they report our wages and pay taxes just like me but sounded very avoidant on the subject. I said well if you guys can't help me then UI wil lgo after you. She said and then ADP will just pay the fine for us....well geeeee seems like you may be avoiding the UI and payroll taxes there if you would rather just take the fine? So I contacted other employees who also got terminated and guess what same issue! nO REPORTED wages!! I believe this is illegal, and this wouldnt be the first time they did shady things in 2013 and 2016 they were in trouble for money laundering I found out and theres a public report on this!! So my question is where do I go from here? How am I going to get my UI? I also read unless the job verifies my paystubs UI won't consider them legit. IS this something I should report to the governors office? Who's to say they aren't pocketing our with holdings too!? I want my UI and I want them shut down, please anyone help!! 2 1/2 years totally wasted.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:50 pm

I do have one of the payroll people looking into it this coming week but if they are truly avoiding UI taxes then they are well aware and he is prolly just blowing smoke up my ass. I am no dummy they don't know who they are messing with. I will call every authority they are under to get justice. This is so aweful cuz its probably going to take forever to get anything now and we are running out of money. Should I seek a employment lawyer? I can't pay anyone though.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 am

Jman. Mom adn Janet - so sorry for yuor losses - very tough when you lose a loved one. Prayers for yuo and your families. Time is the greatest healer and teh memories last a lifetime.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!! The greatest day in our history of the greatest country ( even though some don't think so and want to cancel it completely!). I hope you all enjoy your day with friends and family and let's honor the liberty, freedoms and rights we all have and to those who protected it in the past, present and the future in our military and first line defenders and workers.

I watched the play Hamilton on Disney plus last night and did some research on his life adn Aaron Burr. All I can say is that wow they were very interesting people and times really do not change when you look at the concepts and the happenings. Look at how we elected the President and VP back then - two separate electoral college votes - Congress voted was the EC back then - one for teh President and one for the VP.
Jefferson lost to Adams in 1796 election, and did not support his VP Burr in 1804 to be his VP again in 1804 election, he goes off and forms a coup to take over the Louisiana Territory which he did to get back at Jefferson and took Gen Wilkerson of the US Army with him in doing so. Then they looked to take over New Orleans and Wilkerson fears that he would be tried and executed for treason so he turns on and in Burr. Burr flees to Europe and returns in the mid 1820's and Americans forgets (as it says but I am sure many do remember but Burr came for an aristocrat NJ family - sound familiar and Ivy League - Princeton Grad ).

Same old same old with politicians in this country.

Have to keep Esptein's GF alive and let her sing like a canary and take down all these political power sickos, affluent men and woman in Hollywood, Corporations, Science, Colleges and Universities, Trust Fund Organization etc. It is sad and disturbing the sex child trafficking rings that they ALL are a part of and don't be shocked by the names - I have read and researched some and an inside PI who helped save a few young kids from one in the Oklahoma back in the early 1990's gave me a few names back then.

Have a great day everyone.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:43 am

Great historical references Mugsy!
Let's not forget the Burr-Hamilton duel in Weehawkin that left Hamilton dead.Hamilton was a big government, central banker type and when he started the Whiskey Tax in the 1790's, it almost led to a Civil War between the Eastern and Western states.The frontier people who made a living with whiskey were talking with Great Britain and Spain about joining them as a result of this taxation.Washi8ngton had to raise an army of 10,000 men, Rev War vets to put it down.Nevertheless, the "income tax" was removed and only put back for a few years after the Civil War to pay for it.It was abolished after that, only to be put back in place in 1913 when the criminal Federal Reserve made up of a cabal of wealthy bankers, including the Rothschilds, who funded the Central Powers and the Allies in WW I.Now we have the economic mess of huge debt as a result.

Epstein was going to spill his guts out but the powerful interests made sure he wouldn't sing.He was supposed to have a cell mate which did not happen.The two gaurds watching him "fell asleep".Oddly, no CCTV, which is EVERYWHERE these days, and a noted Pathologist said the injuries were not commensurate with hanging but strangulation.They better keep this woman under 24/7 armed guards because her life now is not worth a plugged nickle.

Happy Fourth to you and all here and our God given country, the USA!!!!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:08 pm

JMan, thinking of you. Hope things get better. A prayer to all those who are not doing too well.

Happy 4th. Be safe. Have fun and don't pull a JPP (former NY Giant) or a Plax.

Hamilton was great. I still love Room Where it Happens.

Politics was always a dirty game. Forever. Well before and well and after us.

Epstein's GF. I suspect many people are scared, regardless of party line. I wonder, though, has her death certificate been printed yet. Cause of death, Covid 19. Those jails are so filthy.

We gotta think positive. Need that snow. No Marvel movies. No Wonder Woman. No James Bond. Baseball? Football? Well, at least the Mets are still undefeated. I can't even watch 1986 knowing what such scum my favorite team was. OH well.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Snow-s10
The best of both worlds. Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone!!!
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Jman I am so sorry for what you are going through my heart goes out to you I hope things will get better for u real soon It’s not fair what you’re going through and you don’t deserve this at all .I pray to God that there is a miracle for u my fingers are crossed please keep us posted my cousin is a Lawyer unfortunately she went camping for one week I’ll be more than happy to have to see what she can tell me please keep us posted

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Hey jman sorry to hear this happened...I would call your local congressman..and explain situation to them
.and see if they can direct you...I swear by mine.his office helped us when my husband's tax refund was stolen and it's said it could take up to 2 years to get money back...they took 6 weeks to help us...an I had a friend who was not getting disability and was jerked around for more and 2.5 years...this congressmans office fixed helped him too...don't usually vote for him...was not the same party I usually vote for bit I learned a lesson vote for the person not the party and have done so ever since...good luck it's a place to start

weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:Hey jman sorry to hear this happened...I would call your local congressman..and explain situation to them
.and see if they can direct you...I swear by mine.his office helped us when my husband's tax refund was stolen and it's said it could take up to 2 years to get money back...they took 6 weeks to help us...an I had a friend who was not getting disability and was jerked around for more and 2.5 years...this congressmans office fixed helped him too...don't usually vote for him...was not the same party I usually vote for bit I learned a lesson vote for the person not the party and have done so ever since...good luck it's a place to start

Yeah I also heard that Gov. Cuomos office is helping with UI issues so I may go there too. My jobs payroll Dept. is looking into it tomorrow so lets hope it was just a honest mistake but seems suspect to me. Already verified they got the right SS# to put it under. They are supposed to report each quarter not once the employee is let go. And I read the fines for not doing so are pretty steep. We shall see I am trying to stay optimistic because I desperately need that money. I am so glad it is retroactive. And hearing they are going to extend the $600 but reduce it based on the UE rate of your state, I guess thats kinda fair. Honestly I see it going back up in July, June had a good numbe because of the reopening but now things are closing again or halting openings. NYC is not going into phase 3 to offer indoor dining, honestly I feel its too early for that anywhere. Just my opinion many of you probably disagree which I won't argue with.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 pm

nutleyblizzard wrote:Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 6 Snow-s10
The best of both worlds. Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone!!!
AHHHHH this is great!!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum: