NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0

+52
Mathgod55
Philliesfan
nancy-j-s
emokid51783
Artechmetals
SNOW MAN
keliza52
deadrabbit79
chrism
lglickman1
Yschiff
jldio
jimv45
snow247
devsman
2004blackwrx
billg315
RJB8525
sabamfa
weatherwatchermom
LB3147
Scullybutcher
Analog96
Taffy
oldtimer
essexcountypete
dad4twoboys
GreyBeard
kalleg
Radz
mako460
SoulSingMG
Dtone
nutleyblizzard
NjWeatherGuy
aiannone
docstox12
carvin1079
algae888
bloc1357
Math23x7
CPcantmeasuresnow
Quietace
sroc4
Snow88
Grselig
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
amugs
skinsfan1177
HectorO
jmanley32
56 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 16 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 1.0

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:35 pm

I agree skins, and the temp forecasts have been higher than forecasted, plus like I said in other thread Bernie said it can produce its own cold right after the thing about rain. OMG if we get rain I will jump ship.

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:44 pm

amugs wrote:
skinsfan1177 wrote:
Quietace wrote:Told my dad to get gas for the snow blower......
I'm telling the guys Ace to get the plows ready

For Rain?? Why?????? surface temps are 34-35* - coast has issues with this
BL are questionable but how can you predict R/S line without consensus on track and strength...you can't

Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Especially with a 975 sitting near BM
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Quietace wrote:
amugs wrote:
skinsfan1177 wrote:
Quietace wrote:Told my dad to get gas for the snow blower......
I'm telling the guys Ace to get the plows ready

For Rain?? Why?????? surface temps are 34-35* - coast has issues with this
BL are questionable but how can you predict R/S line without consensus on track and strength...you can't

Ace - busting your chops - I caught a big TUNA with this!!!! Razz

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Rayno not super impressed feels could see several inches possibly but in no way will this b a blizzard. Do I believe him not completely if it intensifies like models show and enough precip gets in. Waiting to hear from frank at 7.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:46 pm

I like rayno too but I believe maybe not blizzard criteria but could see a good amount of snow
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:33 pm

He may also be being conservative as its still 4 days out.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm

sroc4 wrote:So I did some administrating and low and behold there was not a single user who registered on 2/16/2014.  So I suppose this becomes a good ol' fashioned Salem witch hunt.  

Frank is the guy on the platform.  The woman who is "the witch" is our Feb 16th 2014 and CP is the guy right behind "the witch".  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglyFwTjfDU

Doc you come in at about the 1:00 min mark in this one.  Man I am cracking myself up this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lu5_5Od7WY

Watch to the end of both...you too will laugh out loud.  

Watched till the end and am still laughing. Loved that movie and the Pythons, and very apropos to our still unresolved witch hunt.

The Life of Brian another classic. "stones for the stoning, get your stones for the stoning". I use to watch their show on channel 13, my parents thought there was something wrong with me watching a bunch of lunatics with english accents, doing insane skits.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Math23x7 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:With things getting desperate, I think it's time we really looked at the root cause of the snow drought and do something about it.  

Until February 16th 2014 things were going pretty well snowwise. We had a near recording breaking pace going for the season and then all of a sudden the bottom dropped out. It wasn't that it suddenly got unseasonably warm and we received a ton of rain. Almost the opposite happened and it got even colder and the snow just stopped.

This season is even more frustrating. We have the cold 95% of the time and we have the precip 5% of  the time and never the twain shall meet.

My proposal is simple, human sacrifice. Anyone that joined this board on February 16th 2014 is obviously the problem. It's not somebody's snowblower, or what someone said regarding this winter, it's whomever joined this board on February 16th.

Now I don't want to turn this into a real human sacrifice, as per the ancient Mayans and others, but we have to do something symbolic to appease whomever is doing this to us.

My suggestion is a two month ban for anyone who joined on that date. If it doesn't work out, we can let them back on. If it does, well sometimes the sacrifice of a few must  be made for the benefit of many.

CP, if you scroll up to "Members" near the top, it will give you the list of all 603 (at the moment) users.  You may notice on the list that it allows you to sort the members in either ascending or descending order.  When you click on "Join Date" and "Ascending order" you notice a lot of us, specifically those from the 7-online board are among the first on the group as we came on within days of this boards inception. i.e.   You were the 17th user, I am the 32nd user.  Well as it turns out, there were no new users on 2/16/14.  Now, assuming no one deleted their account, there were 520 users as of that date.  The 521st member joined the next day, 2/17/14.  Now not only has he not made any posts, he has not visited this forum since 2/18/14.  Of those 83 users who have joined since then, nearly 3/4's have not made any posts to this board.  And only 4 of them have made at least 10 posts, the most of course coming from syosnow94 with over 250 posts.  This may help:

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/memberlist?mode=joined&order&start=510&username

Of course, I would not ban anyone if I was you Laughing

Math:

Excellent job as always. Obviously this person that created an identity on 2/17/14 is the notorious "2/16/14 snow killer". Only a cunning and evil genius would create his identity on 2/17/14 to throw us all off.

And now it's time for the Administrators to do their job. Frank and Sroc it is time to boil, I mean banish the evil snow killer from our forum forever. With one keystroke you can insure that the rest of the winter will be joyous and white. As always should either of you be caught or killed the Forum will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Good luck Admin.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:With things getting desperate, I think it's time we really looked at the root cause of the snow drought and do something about it.  

Until February 16th 2014 things were going pretty well snowwise. We had a near recording breaking pace going for the season and then all of a sudden the bottom dropped out. It wasn't that it suddenly got unseasonably warm and we received a ton of rain. Almost the opposite happened and it got even colder and the snow just stopped.

This season is even more frustrating. We have the cold 95% of the time and we have the precip 5% of  the time and never the twain shall meet.

My proposal is simple, human sacrifice. Anyone that joined this board on February 16th 2014 is obviously the problem. It's not somebody's snowblower, or what someone said regarding this winter, it's whomever joined this board on February 16th.

Now I don't want to turn this into a real human sacrifice, as per the ancient Mayans and others, but we have to do something symbolic to appease whomever is doing this to us.

My suggestion is a two month ban for anyone who joined on that date. If it doesn't work out, we can let them back on. If it does, well sometimes the sacrifice of a few must  be made for the benefit of many.

CP, if you scroll up to "Members" near the top, it will give you the list of all 603 (at the moment) users.  You may notice on the list that it allows you to sort the members in either ascending or descending order.  When you click on "Join Date" and "Ascending order" you notice a lot of us, specifically those from the 7-online board are among the first on the group as we came on within days of this boards inception. i.e.   You were the 17th user, I am the 32nd user.  Well as it turns out, there were no new users on 2/16/14.  Now, assuming no one deleted their account, there were 520 users as of that date.  The 521st member joined the next day, 2/17/14.  Now not only has he not made any posts, he has not visited this forum since 2/18/14.  Of those 83 users who have joined since then, nearly 3/4's have not made any posts to this board.  And only 4 of them have made at least 10 posts, the most of course coming from syosnow94 with over 250 posts.  This may help:

https://www.njstrongweatherforum.com/memberlist?mode=joined&order&start=510&username

Math:

Excellent job as always. Obviously this person that created an identity on 2/17/14 is the notorious "2/16/14 snow killer". Only a cunning and evil genius would create his identity on 2/17/14 to throw us all off.

And now it's time for the Administrators to do their job. Frank and Sroc it is time to boil, I mean banish the evil snow killer from our forum forever. With one keystroke you can insure that the rest of the winter will be joyous and white. As always should either of you be caught or killed the Forum will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Good luck Admin.

LOL

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:38 am

sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Doc, Grselig, and Sroc so glad to have you all on board, thank you for your intelligent and rational input.

Now if we can get our administrators to identify the notorious Feb 16 2014 joiner, or the "2/16/14 snow killer" as he or she shall now be called, we can rid this forum of their negative vibrations, by cooking, I mean tar and feathering, I mean banning them from this forum for the rest of the winter.

Winter is fading so lets do the right thing without slipping down the evolutionary ladder into barbaric behavior. We have real solutions, when we can all work together and find someone to blame for all of our problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvGnro4Cgw

The guy with the Fedora is CP

lol! OMG, now that I've finally stopped laughing I can admit, yes I am the man with the Fedora.

If you could somehow substitute the word Frankenstein in that clip with "2/16/14 snow killer" it would be complete.  

There are however many others on this board in that clip Doc. Maybe we need to look through the Magic Mirror like the woman in romper room whose name escapes me, "I see Algae and Jman and Ace and Sroc and Docstox and Frank and Dunzoo and Mugs. And I see Greslig and Snowman are having a good day, and NJ and Alex and Dtone and Hector and Skins and Soulsing and Oldtimer and Syossnow.

Only people over 50 will understand the romper room reference. Historical Romper Room video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1KAgrYUGA

LOLOLOLOL  am truly laghing out loud.  And CP you def do not need to be over 50 to enjoy romper room.  Im only 37 and used to watch it all the time with my brother and sister as a kid.  A total win if my name was seen in the magic mirror and my brother and sisters weren't.  God help My poor parents having to deal with us if God forbid two of us were seen and not the third.  We would make the third an outcast for the whole day.  Classic stuff.  

So to quote the movie clip above...."Are you ready?!! (shouting)....Then light your torches and GO!!!"

So can we at least say we have a consensus here? If the storm misses us Saturday or just grazes a few, we boil/tar and feather/ or just banish the 2/17/14 snow killer from this forum forever?

Personally I would like it done today, but that's just because I'm the man with the Fedora.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 am

MAYBE I'M THE JINX. SINCE I'VE JOINED AND MADE THE MOST POSTS OF ANY NEW MEMBER WHO JOINED AFTER 2/16 I COULD BE THE PROBLEM!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 am

Though I can't add anything constructive due to lack of knowledge; I want to thank you guys and gals for all the hard work. I love visiting this site and do so many times a day.
Taffy
Taffy
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:36 pm

sroc4 wrote:So I did some administrating and low and behold there was not a single user who registered on 2/16/2014.  So I suppose this becomes a good ol' fashioned Salem witch hunt.  

Frank is the guy on the platform.  The woman who is "the witch" is our Feb 16th 2014 and CP is the guy right behind "the witch".  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglyFwTjfDU

Doc you come in at about the 1:00 min mark in this one.  Man I am cracking myself up this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lu5_5Od7WY

Watch to the end of both...you too will laugh out loud.  

lol! For sure, Doc, this is a killer! Sorry to have missed it yesterday but from Tuesday 9AM to Weds 4PM I am helping Mom out.

Great laughs the other day!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Leaders, esteemed men and women.   Do your duty and rescue Winter from the clutches of insane evildoers.   Please!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:59 pm

The Evol Ruin Winter is running scared.   Saturdays potential is proof positive.   Don't give them a chance to sneak through the back door
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 16 58326110
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

HAHAHAHA

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Quietace wrote:Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 16 58326110

lol! Excellent
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:02 pm

There is this trained spotter in Point Pleasant beach that has been under measuring every storm since about 2011...Im not a spotter but i know how to measure, and we never agree on any storm....I was 1.25 today and he is 1.00....WTF...and its even worse when they choose his measurement over mine to report sometimes Brick
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm

That's alright Ace I will go with you Smile
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Math23x7 wrote:

Ok Math things are starting to look desperate. Give us the name of the 2/17/14 snow killer or we may come for you next.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 am

I don't know how you guys do it. This winter is one continuous disappointment after another with mega-hype preceding it.   I go to bed with a forecast of over a foot and wake up to a slop storm.  Yesterday's "clipper" dropped EXACTLY 1 FLAKE on my house.  Everyone keeps talking about a pattern change.  I've figured out the pattern change.

EARLY IN THE WINTER WE HAD NO COLD AND STORMS INSIDE OF 48 HOURS TRENDED WEST GIVING US RAIN.  NOW WE HAVE THE COLD AND INSIDE OF 48 HOURS THE STORMS WILLL TREND EAST.  THERE'S OUR MUCH AWAITED FOR PATTERN CHANGE.  You can argue statistics and science but hands down this is the worst winter ever.

I asked for advice yesterday cause I was between a 6 pack and a 12 pack and I was told to get a keg and a tap.  Now it looks like I might need 1 24 ounce can!

Last edited by syosnow94 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Analog96 Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:06 am

Quietace wrote:There is this trained spotter in Point Pleasant beach that has been under measuring every storm since about 2011...Im not a spotter but i know how to measure, and we never agree on any storm....I was 1.25 today and he is 1.00....WTF...and its even worse when they choose his measurement over mine to report sometimes Brick
That's not really a big deal with these little storms, but when it's 6" or 8" it can make a difference.

Analog96
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:17 am

I come to this site to get my forecasts and BS with other members and I still will, but lot of guys on here were ripping The Weather Channel and even the NWS for not having a clue. Go back and read all the deliriously happy posts from about 10:00 am yesterday thru the afternoon.. Well I'm not a fan of The Weather Channel either. I am a fan of the NWS, but all you folks who posted about 10 pages in those few hours yesterday weren't as accurate as they've been with this storm and most others!

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:25 am

Analog96 wrote:
Quietace wrote:There is this trained spotter in Point Pleasant beach that has been under measuring every storm since about 2011...Im not a spotter but i know how to measure, and we never agree on any storm....I was 1.25 today and he is 1.00....WTF...and its even worse when they choose his measurement over mine to report sometimes Brick
That's not really a big deal with these little storms, but when it's 6" or 8" it can make a difference.
With larger storms its usually around a 2-3 inch difference....but you are right..
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:04 am

syosnow94 wrote:I don't know how you guys do it. This winter is one continuous disappointment after another with mega-hype preceding it.   I go to bed with a forecast of over a foot and wake up to a slop storm.  Yesterday's "clipper" dropped EXACTLY 1 FLAKE on my house.  Everyone keeps talking about a pattern change.  I've figured out the pattern change.

EARLY IN THE WINTER WE HAD NO COLD AND STORMS INSIDE OF 48 HOURS TRENDED WEST GIVING US RAIN.  NOW WE HAVE THE COLD AND INSIDE OF 48 HOURS THE STORMS WILLL TREND EAST.  THERE'S OUR MUCH AWAITED FOR PATTERN CHANGE.  You can argue statistics and science but hands down this is the worst winter ever.

I asked for advice yesterday cause I was between a 6 pack and a 12 pack and I was told to get a keg and a tap.  Now it looks like I might need 1 24 ounce can!

2011-12 was bad and lets go back to the 80's 1982-83 (only saving factor was the blizzard) and 1990-91, 1996-97 - warm and no snow. I hear your frustrations but I believe we get spoiled by the winters we have had since 1995-96 where we have had anomalous cold and snows above the average. Also, you are on an island that has always struggled with marginal events and even big events due to the bathtub of water you sit in called the Atlantic - if you do not get the northern stream involved you guys taint out there - nothing to stop nature at that point. It sucks but what are you going to do - get that 24ozcan ready for the Saturday storm

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next