NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0

+52
Mathgod55
Philliesfan
nancy-j-s
emokid51783
Artechmetals
SNOW MAN
keliza52
deadrabbit79
chrism
lglickman1
Yschiff
jldio
jimv45
snow247
devsman
2004blackwrx
billg315
RJB8525
sabamfa
weatherwatchermom
LB3147
Scullybutcher
Analog96
Taffy
oldtimer
essexcountypete
dad4twoboys
GreyBeard
kalleg
Radz
mako460
SoulSingMG
Dtone
nutleyblizzard
NjWeatherGuy
aiannone
docstox12
carvin1079
algae888
bloc1357
Math23x7
CPcantmeasuresnow
Quietace
sroc4
Snow88
Grselig
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
amugs
skinsfan1177
HectorO
jmanley32
56 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 9 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 1.0

Post by algae888 Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 am

I have tried to stay very positive during this winter season but with no snow in sight (which takes us to mid jan.)this winter is becoming a major disappointment.. realistically our winter season is dec 1st through march 1st so half our winter is basically over. with that said I elect hector to become the new snow weenie king. mugs your time is up and I will give you one last shot but if you fail on your promise of the jan 7-10 snow storm hector will be my king. after all he has been right so far this winter. all hail hector!!!!lol

algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:01 am

it has gotten so bad that I will sign for a 1-3" front end snow that turns to slop.

algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:12 am

I don't know what to do with myself. I am usually up at this time during winter tracking the next storm waiting for the next model drinking plenty of coffee. I guess coffee prices are going to crash this year. off to bed as I am tired of talking to myself. will be up at 5:30 hopefully the 6z will turn things around.lol
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:59 am

algae888 wrote:I don't know what to do with myself. I am usually up at this time during winter tracking the next storm waiting for the next model drinking plenty of coffee. I guess coffee prices are going to crash this year. off to bed as I am tired of talking to myself. will be up at 5:30 hopefully the 6z will turn things around.lol

Al, you gave me a great idea for a new indicator to track coffee prices.It's the SWI, better known as the Snow Weenie Index, and right now it's in a major decline into negative territory due to the lack of snow.

As such, I would sell short coffee futures as nobody will be using that commodity here staying up all night tracking snowstorms

"I'm in the money, I'm in the money.........!"
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:37 am

Doc and Al:

Doc you're the stock expert here. I believe during the final sell offs of a bear market they call it capitulation when everyone throws in the towel and finally sells. It's during these times that the few that have a stomach for it buy and are usually rewarded handsomely in the long term.

I believe we have now reached the snow capitulation point. Al is throwing in the towel, I am following my December prognosticator and have given up, NJ, yourself, and many others are now apathetic towards this winter. Hopefully this is the snow  capitulation point and sometime in the near future unexpectedly this will all turn around.

I would also like to nominate Hector as Al has suggested as the new King of OTI. Further thoughts on this subject I have posted in the OTI thread.

Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Radz Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:43 am

docstox12 wrote:
algae888 wrote:I don't know what to do with myself. I am usually up at this time during winter tracking the next storm waiting for the next model drinking plenty of coffee. I guess coffee prices are going to crash this year. off to bed as I am tired of talking to myself. will be up at 5:30 hopefully the 6z will turn things around.lol

Al, you gave me a great idea for a new indicator to track coffee prices.It's the SWI, better known as the Snow Weenie Index, and right now it's in a major decline into negative territory due to the lack of snow.

As such, I would sell short coffee futures as nobody will be using that commodity here staying up all night tracking snowstorms

"I'm in the money, I'm in the money.........!"

LMAO Snow Weenie Index - gotta love it!
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:14 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:Doc and Al:

Doc you're the stock expert here. I believe during the final sell offs of a bear market they call it capitulation when everyone throws in the towel and finally sells. It's during these times that the few that have a stomach for it buy and are usually rewarded handsomely in the long term.

I believe we have now reached the snow capitulation point. Al is throwing in the towel, I am following my December prognosticator and have given up, NJ, yourself, and many others are now apathetic towards this winter. Hopefully this is the snow  capitulation point and sometime in the near future unexpectedly this will all turn around.

I would also like to nominate Hector as Al has suggested as the new King of  OTI. Further thoughts on this subject I have posted in the OTI thread.

CP, I'd say we are getting CLOSE to snow capitualtion as the pain is building and people are complaining.However, by mid-February, if the current patterns continue, I expect that Snow Weenie Capitulation of the"kick the dog, scream at the wife" order will be evident, and then I will go long snow futures, probably the Dec 2015 contract as the current season would definitely be busted.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:23 am

docstox12 wrote:

I would also like to nominate Hector as Al has suggested as the new King of  OTI. Further thoughts on this subject I have posted in the OTI thread.

CP, I'd say we are getting CLOSE to snow capitualtion as the pain is building and people are complaining.However, by mid-February, if the current patterns continue, I expect that Snow Weenie Capitulation of the"kick the dog, scream at the wife" order will be evident, and then I will go long snow futures, probably the Dec 2015 contract as the current season would definitely be busted.

Your posts during this crisis have been motivating and hysterical. I may nominate you as the OTI person of the year.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:25 am

I ask myself, am I worthy of this honor?
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:30 am

docstox12 wrote:I ask myself, am I worthy of this honor?

You are the Churchill of OTI. Case Closed.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:03 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Your posts during this crisis have been motivating and hysterical. I may nominate you as the OTI person of the year.

Anyone selling their winter stock I am buying. I will buy every single share available at the buy low min price and feel very comfortable doing it. I will sit on my stock pile of your tear stained virtual winter stocks and watch Jan into Feb produce in a way we have never seen before. Then I will be happy to sell back to you all at the end of March and buy all of OTI with my profits. Then I will jab my stake in the ground and proclaim myself KING. king

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:31 am

sroc4 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Anyone selling their winter stock I am buying.  I will buy every single share available at the buy low min price and feel very comfortable doing it.  I will sit on my stock pile of your tear stained virtual winter stocks and watch Jan into Feb produce in a way we have never seen before.  Then I will be happy to sell back to you all at the end of March and buy all of OTI with my profits.  Then I will jab my stake in the ground and proclaim myself KING.  king

lol!

I won't sell mine until mid Feb. but I'm sure you will scoop up many shares from the disgruntled Snow Weenies here.

A suggestion for your buying those shares, Doc.Twist the teleconnection analysis a bit to REALLY paint a negative picture for snow so the Snow Shares will drop to rock bottom.

Perhaps we were a bit hasty with the "Hector for Snow Weenie King' especially with your invasion fleet directly off OTI shores.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:25 am

ATTENTION SNOW WEENIES. AFTER ALL THE FORECASTS FOR A HISTORIC SNOWY WINTER......

I WENT TO BED WITH HOPE FOR THE 4th and 5th. I WAKE UP LOG ON AND SEE FRANK CHANGED THE SCROLL AT THE TOP AND I LAUGHED SO I WOULDN'T CRY. NOW WHEN READING THE LONG RANGE POSTS FROM TODAY IT'S JUST A REPEAT OF WHAT HAS GONE ON. MAYBE NEXT TIME. LOOK IT STILL COULD CHANGE. THE PACIFIC ISN'T WITH US. (seriously when have you ever known anything from the pacific to be good to us?)

EASILY ON TRACK FOR THE MOST DISAPPOINTING WINTER EVER AND THE MOST DISASTROUS FORECAST BUST BY EVERYONE AFTER SUCH PROMISE !!!!!! Why can't I have the common sense to read the writing on the wall and not care anymore. I'm an educated person for God's sake.

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:29 pm

This is cruel!!
Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 9 Gfs_asnow_euhttp://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2014123012/gfs_asnow_eu.html

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:32 pm

amugs wrote:This is cruel!!
Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 9 Gfs_asnow_euhttp://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2014123012/gfs_asnow_eu.html

Yea, eastern Europe is getting buried. They're basically having our winter from last season.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:56 pm

I remember eastern Europe got hammered with cold during the winter 2011-12.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 am

Math23x7 wrote:I remember eastern Europe got hammered with cold during the winter 2011-12.

That is very accurate. Good job.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 9 Compday.j43xkQ2CuD

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:11 am

Frank_Wx wrote:
Math23x7 wrote:I remember eastern Europe got hammered with cold during the winter 2011-12.

That is very accurate. Good job.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 9 Compday.j43xkQ2CuD

Alaska also had a brutally cold winter that year well, near record low temperatures for them. And I was like "(sigh) why can't we have some of the snow."

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:41 am

I'm going out this weekend to celebrate the cutter that's coming. Anyone want to join me. I can't wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:25 am

Yes in 2011-12 if you recall it snowed in Rome, Athens and along the French Riviera no topless beaches then? Eastern Europe was absolutely crushed with feet of snow - hundreds if not thousands died from the cold and snow with food and fuel shortages. Here is a political question - where was the usa for this?? Oh that is right wasn't oil or someone relative or money to be made, my mistake. 

We torched that entire winter and I recall seeing ice only one time on woodcliff lake for a few days that entire winter. I have seen ice 2x so far so my wcip -  woodcliff lake ice prognosticator - is ahead of schedule for such. 

Happy New Years to everyone and wishes for a healthy, prosperous and fulfilling 2015 with good to hitorical weather events to track!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:43 am

amugs wrote:Yes in 2011-12 if you recall it snowed in Rome, Athens and along the French Riviera no topless beaches then? Eastern Europe was absolutely crushed with feet of snow - hundreds if not thousands died from the cold and snow with food and fuel shortages. Here is a political question - where was the usa for this?? Oh that is right wasn't oil or someone relative or money to be made, my mistake. 

We torched that entire winter and I recall seeing ice only one time on woodcliff lake for a few days that entire winter. I have seen ice 2x so far so my wcip -  woodcliff lake ice prognosticator - is ahead of schedule for such. 

Happy New Years to everyone and wishes for a healthy, prosperous and fulfilling 2015 with good to hitorical weather events to track!!

As an avid outdoorsman and weather enthusiast I am by definition an environmentalist. The only reason we need foreign oil Mr. Mugsy is liberals will not let us drill or otherwise remove what we have available in our own borders. Now back to weather. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:56 am

Which the season prior to that is one where we got hit with a lot of snow also LOL. We seem to switch years here and there with Europe.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:01 am

syosnow94 wrote:ATTENTION SNOW WEENIES.  AFTER ALL THE FORECASTS FOR A HISTORIC SNOWY WINTER......

I WENT TO BED WITH HOPE FOR THE 4th and 5th.  I WAKE UP LOG ON AND SEE FRANK CHANGED THE SCROLL AT THE TOP AND I LAUGHED SO I WOULDN'T CRY.  NOW WHEN READING THE LONG RANGE POSTS FROM TODAY IT'S JUST A REPEAT OF WHAT HAS GONE ON.  MAYBE NEXT TIME.  LOOK IT STILL COULD CHANGE.  THE PACIFIC ISN'T WITH US. (seriously when have you ever known anything from the pacific to be good to us?)

EASILY ON TRACK FOR THE MOST DISAPPOINTING WINTER EVER AND THE MOST DISASTROUS FORECAST BUST BY EVERYONE AFTER SUCH PROMISE !!!!!!  Why can't I have the common sense to read the writing on the wall and not care anymore.  I'm an educated person for God's sake.

Were you not around for the 11/12 winter? We can all read without the caps LOL. Weather is difficult to forecast. You have a lot of things going on at once. You're pretty much dealing with patterns from our entire planet. If not this winter then next. Or move to yellowknife CA lol.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:09 am

Yes I was around. I remember it well. This banter forum is basically a place to complain about the current weather not the past. So that's what I do. If you don't complain about this year as a snow lover than somethings wrong.

I still go back to the NWS winter outlook released in early Nov. and still on their homepage predicting slightly above normal temps (nailed Dec. perfectly) and wetter than normal (again spot on) We'll see what happens the next 2 months but so far their forecast is money!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:16 am

syosnow94 wrote:Yes I was around. I remember it well.  This banter forum is basically a place to complain about the current weather not the past.  So that's what I do.  If you don't complain about this year as a snow lover than somethings wrong.

I still go back to the NWS winter outlook released in early Nov. and still on their homepage predicting slightly above normal temps (nailed Dec. perfectly) and wetter than normal (again spot on)  We'll see what happens the next 2 months but so far their forecast is money!!!

The past is where we can all look to, to find out how certain winters replicate others known for the same patterns and let downs we're going through now. Just like the "As December goes so does the rest of winter" thread. Interesting stuff on that thread.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by kalleg Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:05 am

Interlude
by Linda Pastan

We are waiting for snow
the way we might wait for a train
to arrive with its cold cargo-
it is late already, but surely
it will come.

We are waiting for snow
the way we might wait
for permission
to breathe again.

For only the snow
will release us, only the snow
will be a letting go, a blind falling
towards the body of earth
and towards each other.

And while we wait at this window
whose sheer transparency
is clouded already
with our mutual breath,

it is as if our whole lives depended
on the freezing color
of the sky, on the white
soon to be fractured
gaze of winter.

"Interlude" by Linda Pastan from Queen of a Rainy Country. © Norton, 2008.

kalleg

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:33 pm

So I was given a 2010 Camry by my parents for xmas (we desperately needed a safer car for my wife and daughter). So that left me with the task of selling her 2003 Honda Civic which was hell on earth using CL. I had scam after scam bothering me for over 24 hrs. I finally gave up and went to a guy on Wednesday afternoon that I knew would low-ball me (but was a definite sale) but I needed to sell it by today so I could get the new car registered and she could dump her plates. So we made a plan to meet early Friday morning (then he says he wants us to sign blank documents.....ummm nooooo I don't think so, so I blew him off (he didn't even respond to me after I told him I wanted to do this legit). He resells cars so I knew exactly what he had up his sleeve. I was headed to CT to pick up the paperwork for the Camry from my parents on Thursday around noonish when I got two, what appeared to be very legit peoples responses. I turned around as one wanted to see the civic right then and there which was a good sign. He test drived it and we agreed on a sale (more than the unlegit people had offered me), we met up at 5pm and completed it and had a hell of a time getting the babies car seat out. Of course my wife (it was her car) made a mistake on the title, and the buyer was then hesitant to continue to the sale but it completed after discussing with insurance and they said the mistake was not major. We took the plates and everything off the car and went home, I then left around 7pm Thursday night to go to CT to get the documents for the Camry. This still on Thursday uggg. I got halfway there and noted my wallet was missing my drivers license! I looked everywhere and called every place I could remember going, no dice. SO i had to drive 160 miles round trip without a license (was nervous to say the least). I picked up the papers and got back to NY around midnight this morning. I finally figured out that I think I left my license on my desk at work when I was working on a document for the DMV and got distracted. Unfortunently my job was not open today so I had no choice but to apply for a replacement. SO I completed the documents for registering the Camry and for a new license in the wee hours this morning. I went to bed about 2am and woke at 7am to go to the DMV, I was very nervous I wouldn't be able to register the Camry since I had no license but turns out you can do both at the same time (oh we have another car to get around in at least so my wife drive while grandma watched baby). So after a pretty quick DMV (awesome) run and $200 in fees we then ran to CT to put everything on the Camry and drive it back to NY (and my wife drove our other car). I finally got home about an hour ago. I am exhausted lol, lalalala hoowee
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum