NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 2.0

+53
Snow88
JoeBx82
keliza52
mwilli5783
abayoumi21
down tines
Aerojet514
JackShephard
Scullybutcher
jake732
Sanchize06
Nyi1058
deadrabbit79
Sparky Sparticles
Taffy
SNOW MAN
nutleyblizzard
Bkdude
rb924119
Mathgod55
jimv45
devsman
Dtone
Vinnydula
GreyBeard
SoulSingMG
hyde345
dkodgis
Quietace
oldtimer
lglickman1
RJB8525
snow247
NjWeatherGuy
Snowfall
Abba701
amugs
weatherwatchermom
HectorO
skinsfan1177
sroc4
jmanley32
algae888
CPcantmeasuresnow
Grselig
Dunnzoo
Math23x7
billg315
docstox12
Radz
Frank_Wx
dad4twoboys
frank 638
57 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 2.0

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:59 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:last nights euro control snow!

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Eps_sn10

I'm about in the 17-18 inch area of that map so that brings my projected snowfall this winter as per these long range maps to well over 300 inches. In actuality I've had a little over 21 inches in on of the most snowless winters in the HV I have ever seen. I don't mind looking at those maps in the same way I don't mind looking at Sophia Vegara as both are equally attainable for me.

This is in the category of the sleazeball guy in the rumpled overcoat and Fedora whispering...'Psssst, hey Buddy...wanna buy a snow map?"
lol! lol!

weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:21 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

I'm about in the 17-18 inch area of that map so that brings my projected snowfall this winter as per these long range maps to well over 300 inches. In actuality I've had a little over 21 inches in on of the most snowless winters in the HV I have ever seen. I don't mind looking at those maps in the same way I don't mind looking at Sophia Vegara as both are equally attainable for me.

This is in the category of the sleazeball guy in the rumpled overcoat and Fedora whispering...'Psssst, hey Buddy...wanna buy a snow map?"

Doc, are you sure your not that guy ? Take one look at your picture that you use to post. lol !

SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:33 am

SNOW MAN wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Doc, are you sure your not that guy ? Take one look at your picture that you use to post. lol !

Shhhhhh, SNOW, I'm trying to sell it to CP. He'll do anything to keep winter going and get more snow.Hate to tell him this storm will be going S and E just like the last Blizzard,LOL!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:46 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

lol! lol! lol! Thumbs up Thumbs up
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 am

Don't feel like digging out again. However, the only good thing that can come from this storm is delayed work, or no work the next day.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:28 pm

^This is going to create such a mess..... I already know a bunch of people who put on summer tires and put everything for winter away. Ugh... hopefully it melts fast and with the sun angle it should.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Got trees budding and lawns greening up here so of course it will snow.The Lower HV will be protected by the S and E force field on the NJ Border and Hudson River so I expect a slushy inch or two if that.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:31 pm

People were complaining of the forum not working or loading on mobile or tablet. Can you check now and see if it works?

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:38 pm

I'm on my phone its fine.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Frank, to get to page 35 of this thread, I had to click "next" 34 times like prior to January 2015. The "last" button was not available here like it usually is.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm on my phone by the way.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Check now

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:59 pm

It's back

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:02 pm

This feature is what is making the forum slow on mobile and tablet version using Chrome. It is a JavaScript that is making it very slow or unloadable. I never had this problem with it until now. It may be corrupt. I may remove it and see if I can find an alternative.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Mike do we need the pagination feature? You can just click these small white boxes next to a person's name to go to the last post. 

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 2016-010

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by RJB8525 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:44 pm

This is the only way I do it on my phone its the easiest way for me it can be a pain if you don't use both hands

Wx Banter Thread 2.0 - Page 35 Ugqpid0
RJB8525
RJB8525
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by sabamfa Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Yes, I also use the desktop site on my phone.

sabamfa
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 am

I'm breaking my vow of silence regarding the last torment and tease from the winter that wasn't. So now the Euro caves to the GFS? If the GFS was showing the big storm last night it would have caved to the Euro. It's like the models are playing a sadistic game and we're the playing pieces.

Why the F did I let myself get suckered into this again? And why would I expect this Sh!t hole of a winter to finally produce.

Change my F to an F- . I know this was the second warmest Met winter ever but this has to be the warmest November to March period ever, not even close.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:55 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I'm breaking my vow of silence regarding the last torment and tease from the winter that wasn't. So now the Euro caves to the GFS? If the GFS was showing the big storm last night it would have caved to the Euro. It's like the models are playing a sadistic game and we're the playing pieces.

Why the F did I let myself get suckered into this again? And why would I expect this Sh!t hole of a winter to finally produce.

Change my F to an F- . I know this was the second warmest Met winter ever but this has to be the warmest November to March period ever, not even close.

This latest cruel twist of the models gives new relevance to the expression "kick 'em when they're down". Sheeesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see that one model picture on the storm thread CP with absolutely no snow (white) in the HV? Hilarious.

Well, at least we saved a bundle at the house here on snow plow costs.My guy only came out here with the plow once this "winter". That's 4 or 5 hundred in our till.Gotta make lemonades out of this disaster some way.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm

90% of the time 90% of the time this winter plain sucks. Cruel tease.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:52 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:I'm breaking my vow of silence regarding the last torment and tease from the winter that wasn't. So now the Euro caves to the GFS? If the GFS was showing the big storm last night it would have caved to the Euro. It's like the models are playing a sadistic game and we're the playing pieces.

LMAO - you are a piss!! the models are just hey what do yuo got - a blue pen - oh okay I have a black one but I'll throw mine out and change it to a blue one - love to F with us - models always due in one form or another!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:15 am

Well folks, mother nature managed to tease us again. Just a couple of days ago it looked like a major snowstorm was coming, only to be taken away. One of many letdowns. I'm officially downgrading my winter grade to a D. Yes I know a lot of us in the forum experienced the January blizzard, and it was a great storm. From my location though it was the only event of the season except for a few very minor snowfalls. The winter overall was too warm, and the majority of our storms were either cutters or OTS. You can thank the strong El Nino and lack of blocking for that. It will be an off season of "what ifs". That's the unfortunate hand we were dealt. By the time next fall arrives we will have renewed optimism going forward. We can only hope that the pattern will be more of a productive one for snow.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:43 pm

I am, going back into exile self inflicted of course for some time again - weather ahead is boring. Spring cleaning - take down ice rink, pumped out teh water, clean up teh property, seed teh lawn and fertilize, plant some bushes, getteh outdoor furniture and prep the grill for the next 7 months of use heck maybe 10 if we pull a strong nina. Many let downs this winter of as Nutley said what could have beens, lesson learned cant trust the patterns models put out imo. Nice N NAO and 50/50 block happened once this year and we got blitzed for a amjoprity of the area.

Doc and Cp - I am seriously going to look into the Northern Jet dynamics and see if there is truth to the matter that it is waning in strength and changing its directional flow - read a report from a guy online but want to look further into this. If this is the case then LI and Monmouth Cty NJ becomes the new Mecca of Snow - peace to my friends and family here after tomorrow AM for sometime.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:03 pm

amugs wrote:I am, going back into exile self inflicted of course for some time again - weather ahead is boring. Spring cleaning - take down ice rink, pumped out teh water, clean up teh property, seed teh lawn and fertilize, plant some bushes, getteh outdoor furniture and prep the grill for the next 7 months of use heck maybe 10 if we pull a strong nina.  Many let downs this winter of as Nutley said what could have beens, lesson learned cant trust the patterns models put out imo. Nice N NAO and 50/50 block happened once this year and we got blitzed for a amjoprity of the area.

Doc and Cp - I am seriously going to look into the Northern Jet dynamics and see if there is truth to the matter that it is waning in strength and changing its directional flow - read a report from a guy online but want to look further into this. If this is the case then LI and Monmouth Cty NJ becomes the new Mecca of Snow - peace to my friends and family here after tomorrow AM for sometime.

Peace. Have lots of fun and may a suprise storm bless us all!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by snow247 Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm likely going to do the same after tonight. But as always I will check in if we have any severe weather/hurricane threats.
snow247
snow247
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:03 pm

This is certainly a fitting way for this non Winter season to end. Three days ago several major models showed us getting 12-18 inches of snow so I find it very fitting that this storm will give most of the area nada.

I've never lived through a good winter in a strong El Niño and that streak certainly continues. I never had much hope for this winter and my hopes were certainly fulfilled.

Everyone did their best here with the hands they were dealt. As always the time and work Frank, Sroc, Mugs, Al, Janet, Ryan and many others put into this place is greatly appreciated.

It's hard to imagine next winter being worse than this one especially temperature wise. I use to consider the winter season from November through March and we just experienced the warmest November through March in the history of record keeping. F U Hellnino.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:13 am

Euro and EPS sucks
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast