NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0

+52
Mathgod55
Philliesfan
nancy-j-s
emokid51783
Artechmetals
SNOW MAN
keliza52
deadrabbit79
chrism
lglickman1
Yschiff
jldio
jimv45
snow247
devsman
2004blackwrx
billg315
RJB8525
sabamfa
weatherwatchermom
LB3147
Scullybutcher
Analog96
Taffy
oldtimer
essexcountypete
dad4twoboys
GreyBeard
kalleg
Radz
mako460
SoulSingMG
Dtone
nutleyblizzard
NjWeatherGuy
aiannone
docstox12
carvin1079
algae888
bloc1357
Math23x7
CPcantmeasuresnow
Quietace
sroc4
Snow88
Grselig
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
amugs
skinsfan1177
HectorO
jmanley32
56 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 13 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 1.0

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:24 am

syosnow94 wrote:Yes Math.  I'm familiar with that book.  I can remember staying up late to watch The Weather Channel cause Paul Kocin would come on at 10 to the hour to talk about the winter storms.  Thanks for the resources.  That snow map from the "great miss of 2010" still is depressing.  I remember trying to talk my wife into going to Atlantic City so we could "gamble" but she had none of it.  Flurried all day here on LI.  Sucked big time.

Absolutely nothing worse than that scenario.Snow was so close you could smell it but not even a flake up in Mahwah NJ, while my buddy in Atco NJ (halfway between Philly and AC on the East-West axis) had over 20 inches.Maddening and sickening.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

Math23x7 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:Yes Math.  I'm familiar with that book.  I can remember staying up late to watch The Weather Channel cause Paul Kocin would come on at 10 to the hour to talk about the winter storms.  Thanks for the resources.  That snow map from the "great miss of 2010" still is depressing.  I remember trying to talk my wife into going to Atlantic City so we could "gamble" but she had none of it.  Flurried all day here on LI.  Sucked big time.

One thing to note: Up until seven years ago, my family did not have cable so the only channels we had were channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 21, 25, 31, 41 and 47 (Spanish channels), 50, and 68.  When I was in my hotel room at Woodloch Pines in August 2001 and flipped through the channels, I went to channel 31 expecting it to be PAX-TV (since I loved the show "Supermarket Sweep" back in the day) but it was something I had never come across before: The Weather Channel!  It absolutely amazed me that such a channel existed.  And keep in mind that this was back when it was all weather, all the time, before the reality stuff came in.  Remember Marshall Seese and Heather Tesch in the morning?  It was awesome.  From then until seven years ago, I would go to my grandparents house (they had cable) just to watch TWC.  It's ashame that it's not what it used to be.  

And yes I'm still bitter about 2/5-6/2010. xD

Yep, was watching TWC as soon as it came on and it was amazing at the start.You're description of the non-cable days are pretty much what we had back in the 50's and 60's, the VHF and "Ultra high frequency" grainy Spanish stations you tried to get in with your "fine tuner" dial on the old tv sets, mostly with tubes back in the day.

docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 am

HectorO wrote:The only people I remember are Warlock from ABC who doesn't come on here and that nut Laular or whatever the hell her name was. She was an old cat lady that talked about how warm her cats were and how they didn't like how winter was turning out. The last few weeks on that board were quite interesting.

That board deteriorated into an insane asylum due to lack of proper moderation.Amazing for a major TV station to have the lack of concern for this to happen.The board here is civil and intelligent and Frank has an isolation ward for the lunatics like myself, OTI.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:19 am

docstox12 wrote:
HectorO wrote:The only people I remember are Warlock from ABC who doesn't come on here and that nut Laular or whatever the hell her name was. She was an old cat lady that talked about how warm her cats were and how they didn't like how winter was turning out. The last few weeks on that board were quite interesting.

That board deteriorated into an insane asylum due to lack of proper moderation.Amazing for a major TV station to have the lack of concern for this to happen.The board here is civil and intelligent and Frank has an isolation ward for the lunatics like myself, OTI.

Wasn't Laular the one that posted randomly everything half in caps and small letters.

"I aM sO AnGRy THaT thE SNow Is GoING TO miSS OuR AreA. wHY is THis hAPPeniNG fRaNK. "

After  awhile I started to answer some of her posts the same way she wrote them. She didn't llike that much. I remember someone saying to her why do you type like that you come off as some kind of mental patient. Kind of mean but I still laugh at it now. There were many other odd characters on that board.

Remember Schmaltzie who went by like five other  aliases? He'd copy the five day accuweather into his posts and say this was his forecast for the next five days. Then he would answer his own posts with one of his other aliases. Stuff like," great post Schmaltzie you seem like the only one on this board that really knows what's happening with these forecasts". What were the other names he used? That guy should have married LAuLaR. ThEy wOUld HavE BEeN quITE THe cOUple.

We should dedeicate a thread to some of the best and weirdest from that  board.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:52 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Wasn't Laular the one that posted randomly everything half in caps and small letters.

"I aM sO AnGRy THaT thE SNow Is GoING TO miSS OuR AreA. wHY is THis hAPPeniNG fRaNK. "

After  awhile I started to answer some of her posts the same way she wrote them. She didn't llike that much. I remember someone saying to her why do you type like that you come off as some kind of mental patient. Kind of mean but I still laugh at it now. There were many other odd characters on that board.

Remember Schmaltzie who went by like five other  aliases? He'd copy the five day accuweather into his posts and say this was his forecast for the next five days. Then he would answer his own posts with one of his other aliases. Stuff like," great post Schmaltzie you seem like the only one on this board  that really knows what's happening with these forecasts". What were the other names he used? That guy should have married LAuLaR. ThEy wOUld HavE BEeN quITE THe cOUple.

Haha, that was definitely laular with the caps. And I completely forgot about schmaltzie and his second personality. Perhaps schizophrenic. It was arkham asylum with the loonies running lose as doc said
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:53 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Remember Schmaltzie who went by like five other  aliases? He'd copy the five day accuweather into his posts and say this was his forecast for the next five days. Then he would answer his own posts with one of his other aliases. Stuff like," great post Schmaltzie you seem like the only one on this board  that really knows what's happening with these forecasts". What were the other names he used? That guy should have married LAuLaR. ThEy wOUld HavE BEeN quITE THe cOUple.

lol!

CP, that Laular was a true classic and Scmaltzie...phew! There was enough material on that board to keep an entire Psychiatrist's convention busy for a week.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by nutleyblizzard Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

lol!

CP, that Laular was a true classic and Scmaltzie...phew! There was enough material on that board to keep an entire Psychiatrist's convention busy for a week.
I myself never posted in that weather forum, but I was a lurker. A lot of crazy people on that board. Ah yes the good ol' days! party
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:36 am

It really is kind of sad what happened with The Weather Channel. I can't turn it on anymore without seeing some stupid non-weather related reality show. I miss the days of constant weather and actual analysis. Also their local forecasts have really gotten bad. They used to be real detailed and rather long range in text form. Now you get some quick 24 hour summary that disappears too quickly to read and then back to some mining shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:11 am

How much money are you willing to spend to get this image to verify?

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 13 Post-90-0-50107000-1421501783

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:18 am

Frank_Wx wrote:How much money are you willing to spend to get this image to verify?

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 13 Post-90-0-50107000-1421501783

It's been a very frustrating winter, and I normally don't like to pay for my weather but I will start the bidding at $1,000.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:27 am

I was thinking $500ish. Haha

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:27 am

How about this forecast if you like snow!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-121.76004&lat=46.85271#.VLnq1F-vdok

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:27 am

That's one of the GEFS members by the way for next weekend.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:28 am

Frank you just made a few days pay on CP!!!!!!!!!!!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 am

amugs wrote:How about this forecast if you like snow!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-121.76004&lat=46.85271#.VLnq1F-vdok

Yes being 12,000 feet above sea level certainly has it's advantages. I'm not sure if that forecast was for the ranger station at 5,500 feet or the mountain at over 12k?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 am

So your saying theres a chance Frank LOL, how did you get a single ensemble image and not the stamp?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:06 am

Mugsy I swear to God I thought I was the only one that did that kind of psychotic stuff.  Mt. Ranier is one of the places I always check on the NWS sight to see snow forecasts.  We're both messed up.  I always add up the totals too.  It's hysterical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow88 Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 am

6z GEFS. P005 please. That would be a blizzard
Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 13 Vywj86
Snow88
Snow88
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:45 am

syosnow94 wrote:

Mugsy I swear to God I thought I was the only one that did that kind of psychotic stuff.  Mt. Ranier is one of the places I always check on the NWS sight to see snow forecasts.  We're both messed up.  I always add up the totals too.  It's hysterical.

Hey, who are you calling psychotic? I do that stuff all the time, I'm sure dozens of others on this board do too.

Not just snow but severe cold too. I'm always checking the 10 day in Yakutsk. This is actually a mild period for them. Usually this time of year the average temperature is -40 to -60.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/RSXX0122:1:RS
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:13 pm

syosnow94 wrote:

I'm right there with you jokers, I click to the Sierra Nevada Mtns of California when they get a big Pacific storm roll in.Day after day of 12 to 18 inch snows.Or how about those Lake Effect areas when they get blasted.Just wish I could teleport myself to those areas and spend a few days enjoying REAL snowstorms of 3 inch plus per hour for 24 hours.

On the bucket list,gentlemen!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

Hey, who are you calling psychotic? I do that stuff all the time, I'm sure dozens of others on this board do too.

Not just snow but severe cold too. I'm always checking the 10 day in Yakutsk. This is actually a mild period for them. Usually this time of year the average temperature is -40 to -60.

lol!

Friggin' hilarious.....checking the temps in Yakutsk.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Frank the models are depressing today, wheres that blog to hopefully cheer us up! So far nothing looks good on the models but I know you said they were struggling.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Im about to drop weather bell. Hate the new GFS's page setup and its extremely far behind on updating.........
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by HectorO Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:59 pm

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:

lol!

Friggin' hilarious.....checking the temps in Yakutsk.

Who the hell would would want to live in those Temps? That's just straight pain and being uncomfortable.
HectorO
HectorO
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Based on how the things have gone here is my first guess snow map for Wednesday.

Disclaimer: It's for humor purposes.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 13 Funnym10

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:49 pm

QuietAce that SCUM!

I can slowly feel myself going insane. If CPK is still at 3 inches of snow by February 5th I am throwing in the towel.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:QuietAce that SCUM!

I can slowly feel myself going insane. If CPK is still at 3 inches of snow by February 5th I am throwing in the towel.

LOL

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum