NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations

+77
Artechmetals
snowlover78
Lnda23
cooladi
Dtone
WeatherBob
mancave25
snemiroff
Dunnzoo
dad4twoboys
jldio
Radz
Sparky Sparticles
lisalamb
petep10
heehaw453
toople
jake732
Snow88
Joe Snow
2004blackwrx
SENJsnowman
devsman
oldtimer
freezerburn
docstox12
brownie
HeresL
Math23x7
mwilli5783
SkiSeadooJoe
hurrysundown23
frank 638
emokid51783
Vinnydula
mikeypizano
Aiosamoney21
richb521
GreyBeard
Carter bk
sroc4
bluebythec
dkodgis
Angela0621
deadrabbit79
bobjohnsonforthehall
larryrock72
skinsfan1177
Smittyaj623
rb924119
nujerzeedevil
shawnerak
bloc1357
gigs68
jjlane25
Grselig
nutleyblizzard
essexcountypete
mmanisca
dsix85
crippo84
RJB8525
jimv45
algae888
Scullybutcher
Quietace
adamfitz1969
aiannone
amugs
billg315
Taffy
jmanley32
weatherwatchermom
CPcantmeasuresnow
SoulSingMG
Sanchize06
Frank_Wx
81 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations - Page 17 Empty Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations

Post by emokid51783 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:17 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
emokid51783 wrote:I cant imagine that HDRPS verifying...but syo and dsix, i got first round of beers if we get a nyc, newark godzilla
Its pretty in line with franks map and the other models, I do not think its off that much at all, if at all.

I know jman...but late march(im thinking 8-14, not drastically different). Think urban heat gets Manhattan low

emokid51783

Back to top Go down

March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations - Page 17 Empty Re: March Madness! Spring Snowstorm Observations

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 pm

emokid51783 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
emokid51783 wrote:I cant imagine that HDRPS verifying...but syo and dsix, i got first round of beers if we get a nyc, newark godzilla
Its pretty in line with franks map and the other models, I do not think its off that much at all, if at all.

I know jman...but late march(im thinking 8-14, not drastically different). Think urban heat gets Manhattan low
Oh maybe manhattan, you did not specify, I think as a whole for the NJstrong area its spot on

jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by skinsfan1177 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Temps have gone up here I was at 31 now 35° not good
skinsfan1177
skinsfan1177
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by emokid51783 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
emokid51783 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:

Oh maybe manhattan, you did not specify, I think as a whole for the NJstrong area its spot on

Yeah, i noticed the difference in the last storm for me in jersey city heights, and its only 4 miles and 20meters of height

emokid51783

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm

RAD_KDIX_N0R_ANI (10).gif

Check out the progression of your banding features in this radar loop. This is a FASCINATING example of what @earthlight has been preaching to the heavens about. Notice how the banding features east of the region over the open water are propagating mainly west to east; this is associated with the runaway lead vorticity and associated west-southwesterly H5 advection escaping ahead of our main show. However, check the bands over our region moving due south to north; this is in response to the main trough amplification, subsequent tilting and corresponding backing of the column's steering flow, which allowing much stronger H5 vorticity advection to begin to focus on our region rather than out sea. This is a tremendous sign at this stage, in my opinion, as this to me suggests the evolution is going to be deeper than even progged right now. This is well ahead of schedule, from what I can remember (haven't been following very closely so PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), and bodes better for EVERYBODY as a result, as this should be telegraphing a much further northwestward expansion of the precipitation shield in due time. Awesome!!!!!

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 pm

rb924119 wrote:RAD_KDIX_N0R_ANI (10).gif

Check out the progression of your banding features in this radar loop. This is a FASCINATING example of what @earthlight has been preaching to the heavens about. Notice how the banding features east of the region over the open water are propagating mainly west to east; this is associated with the runaway lead vorticity and associated west-southwesterly H5 advection escaping ahead of our main show. However, check the bands over our region moving due south to north; this is in response to the main trough amplification, subsequent tilting and corresponding backing of the column's steering flow, which allowing much stronger H5 vorticity advection to begin to focus on our region rather than out sea. This is a tremendous sign at this stage, in my opinion, as this to me suggests the evolution is going to be deeper than even progged right now. This is well ahead of schedule, from what I can remember (haven't been following very closely so PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), and bodes better for EVERYBODY as a result, as this should be telegraphing a much further northwestward expansion of the precipitation shield in due time. Awesome!!!!!
Image did not show, and too much of a NW shift would shaft the coast no?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:27 pm

dsix85 wrote:Emo...what's your handicap these days? Sorry, should've reserved for the banter

I’m a 5

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Light sleet 39* why is the temperature going up I was sitting at 34 degrees all day today now I am up to during 39

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm

I meant I am up to 39°from earlier high of 34

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm

skinsfan1177 wrote:Temps have gone up here I was at 31 now 35° not good

I noticed that too. I’m up to 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm

No Jman. The precip shield expands northwest not the lp center

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 pm

35* here. But I think surface temp will drop back toward freezing later tonight behind wave one as the main storm approaches.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 pm

WHY HAS MY TEMPERSTURE JUMPED 4 DEGREES IN THE LADT HOUR?

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 pm

syosnow94 wrote:No Jman. The precip shield expands northwest not the lp center

hurryup

You're learning!!! Although I do think it would draw the center of circulation further north and west with it by default, at least to some extent. Gonna be interesting 00z suites with the recon data.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Carter bk wrote:Why no chat

Frank has been screaming MADONNE all day, I guess he has laryngitis.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

rb924119 wrote:

hurryup

You're learning!!! Although I do think it would draw the center of circulation further north and west with it by default, at least to some extent. Gonna be interesting 00z suites with the recon data.

My man why are everyone’s temps jumping 3-5 degrees in the last hour or so?

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Just got notice work is closed tomorrow. Drinking can commence.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by devsman Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:38 pm

syosnow94 wrote:WHY HAS MY TEMPERSTURE JUMPED 4 DEGREES IN THE LADT HOUR?

Precip dying down so now winds off the ocean warming our area. No worries. Tomorrow you and I will be dancing in white gold!
devsman
devsman
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:38 pm

GreyBeard wrote:
Carter bk wrote:Why no chat

Frank has been screaming MADONNE all day, I guess he has laryngitis.

He’s in his 20s with a girlfriend

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:38 pm

yep we went up 4 degrees as well..
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dsix85 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm

syosnow94 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:

hurryup

Syo- taking a shot here. Initial surge of southern moisture brought temps up several degrees, combo w more easterly winds.. Once precip starts to fall at faster rates, dynamic cooling will commence aloft and temps will come back down at/near freezing. Wouldn't be concerned at this point.

dsix85
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm

My temps were climbing most all afternoon. I posted about it a few times.
Taffy
Taffy
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SENJsnowman Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Temps were always forecast to rise night, that's why the 2nd lp had to crash the cold to the coast. I'm pretty sure this is part of the plan.

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 pm

dsix85 wrote:
syosnow94 wrote:
rb924119 wrote:

hurryup

Syo- taking a shot here. Initial surge of southern moisture brought temps up several degrees, combo w more easterly winds.. Once precip starts to fall at faster rates, dynamic cooling will commence aloft and temps will come back down at/near freezing. Wouldn't be concerned at this point.

Makes sense to me. I’m also lying in front of my fire and a few drinks deep so......

Back to top Go down

Post by Smittyaj623 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Frank, love ya, no chat needed now it’s time to sit back and enjoy the ride

Smittyaj623

Back to top Go down

Post by dsix85 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Emo- my wife is asking me if she will have work tomorrow out in Suffolk County. Any thoughts?

dsix85
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Also would note my precip has ended and my dew point is 21* which tells me temp will drop some when next round of precip comes in.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum