NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes?

+23
bobjohnsonforthehall
mwilli5783
Math23x7
jwalsh
frank 638
billg315
larryrock72
Dunnzoo
Radz
weatherwatchermom
nutleyblizzard
rb924119
Zhukov1945
SoulSingMG
amugs
Sanchize06
Frank_Wx
jmanley32
Joe Snow
algae888
Grselig
Quietace
sroc4
27 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 Empty Re: FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes?

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:26 pm

12z GFS is OTS after parking offshore near the OBX, heading back south and then eventually back up and out.

I repeat: NO one knows where Flo will flow. ;-)

SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 Empty Re: FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes?

Post by sroc4 Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Even though she is ingesting dry air her mid and low level circulation are vertically stacked. As soon as she mixes out the dry air kaboom

sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:53 pm

And the 12z UKMET comes considerably north from its previous run... Twisted Evil
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Flight Recon Data

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 Floren10
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:13 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:And the 12z UKMET comes considerably north from its previous run... Twisted Evil
So a SC landfall instead of a Georgia landfall right?
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Snow Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:13 pm

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 Floren11
Joe Snow
Joe Snow
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:14 pm

sroc4 wrote:Even though she is ingesting dry air her mid and low level circulation are vertically stacked. As soon as she mixes out the dry air kaboom
Absolutely. Florence is well on her way to intensifying. The sky is literally the limit in the coming days in terms of its MPI....
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:16 pm

In all reality, nothing has changed so far today with the greatest probability of landfall still between SC and OBX.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Quietace wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:And the 12z UKMET comes considerably north from its previous run... Twisted Evil

Yeah, well SC/NC border-ish (Wilmington)
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:20 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:
Quietace wrote:

No "ish" allowed, only exact lat/lon coordinates.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 pm

If people want an easy way to compare the movement of Florence to the official track this is a decent site for that...
http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/storm.php?&basin=atlantic&sname=06L&invest=NO&zoom=4&img=1&vars=11111000000000000000000&loop=0
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Quietace wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:
Quietace wrote:

Lol, omg here.

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 9c23cd10
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Yep she's getting going again. Gfs was ridiculous never made landfall and got down to 909mb. I doubt that but I guess not imposdible. I too would like see a little action up here not just moooore rain. I don't think anyone can predict this with great accuracy with such a setup but u guys all have points one way or the other that make sense. Now which is it?
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:27 pm

jmanley32 wrote:Yep she's getting going again. Gfs was ridiculous never made landfall and got down to 909mb. I doubt that but I guess not imposdible. I too would like see a little action up here not just moooore rain. I don't think anyone can predict this with great accuracy with such a setup but u guys all have points one way or the other that make sense. Now which is it?
Okay. The GFS is not OCEAN COUPLED. Thus, it's intensity forecasts are bogus, period, inaccurate, period, and unusable, period.
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Quietace wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:Yep she's getting going again. Gfs was ridiculous never made landfall and got down to 909mb. I doubt that but I guess not imposdible. I too would like see a little action up here not just moooore rain. I don't think anyone can predict this with great accuracy with such a setup but u guys all have points one way or the other that make sense. Now which is it?
Okay. The GFS is not OCEAN COUPLED. Thus, it's intensity forecasts are bogus, period, inaccurate, period, and unusable, period.
ill have to learn more about what that means. Jeeze no need be so testy sir. I figured so much just didn't know why.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:38 pm

SoulSingMG wrote:
Quietace wrote:
SoulSingMG wrote:
Quietace wrote:

Lol, omg here.

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 9c23cd10
With that high pressure anchored over New England there's no way she's coming up the coast and if she stalls she will be pulled out to sea with the next positively tilted trough as you see over the northern Midwest. It is highly unlikely that she will make landfall from the northern Mid-Atlantic on North if she comes this for North she probably recurves out to sea we shall see
algae888
algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:46 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
Quietace wrote:
ill have to learn more about what that means. Jeeze no need be so testy sir. I figured so much just didn't know why.

All that means is that the GFS does not a have link in its coding between the physics of the atmosphere and of the ocean. It only considers the atmospheric physics, which is why you see it with runaway intensification. It doesn't consider the role of things such as energy derived (or lack thereof) from the ocean. Make sense?

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Hey guys I was just wondering if this storm was to come up the cost how strong will she be and should we start preparing now for the worst

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:09 pm

No large differences on the Euro through 84...
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Quietace wrote:No large differences on the Euro through 84...

Large difference now haha well further north compared to 00z. GFS-esque.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Southern NC/ NC/SC border landfall on the EC
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Quietace Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:22 pm

rb924119 wrote:

I wouldn't say that it was GFS like at all
Quietace
Quietace
Meteorologist - Mod
Meteorologist - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Looks like EURO heads for NC. Seems as if foreign models trended north today, as many suspected.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:26 pm

You guys are good euro more north hits nc. I dunno something tells me we may still be in for a surprise up this way. Not direct landfall but the run yesterday like Irene was bad enough. I could still see something like that happening if our brick wall block is at all flexible. My co worker said to me last week she feels like we are going to see a hurricane this year. No idea why but sometimes women's intuition trumps all lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Quietace wrote:
rb924119 wrote:

how is it diff than hrs in the track looked pretty similar to me except made full landfall. Euro is also super fast the 24 he jump is like 500 miles plus.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by rb924119 Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Quietace wrote:
rb924119 wrote:

The correction, not the actual run. Sorry, should have been more specific.

rb924119
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSingMG Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:29 pm

I posted this on Twitter last night and I stand by it! Pick a side and get on board! pirat

FLORENCE: East Coast Threat or Does She Sleep With the Fishes? - Page 6 Cfbe5310
SoulSingMG
SoulSingMG
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum