NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+46
Elmer J Fudd, Billionaire
Bkdude
algae888
Irish
toople
jaydoy
richb521
crippo84
phil155
Judy Margolis
bloc1357
oldtimer
jimv45
Artechmetals
Scullybutcher
bobjohnsonforthehall
Taffy
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
Vinnydula
skinsfan1177
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
SoulSingMG
sroc4
sabamfa
Math23x7
frank 638
Radz
essexcountypete
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
heehaw453
Quietace
jmanley32
nutleyblizzard
dkodgis
docstox12
billg315
HectorO
Grselig
amugs
mwilli
mikeypizano
brownie
Frank_Wx
50 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 37 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by amugs Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Zoo what pizzarie does he work in??

amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:45 am

Pompilio's on Westwood Ave.

Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm

We are doing good here in Central Jersey! HOME SAFE AND SOUND.. I hope you all are ok too?! I have been reading and researching since Jan when the news started coming out of China..my husband even had me look at prepper videos..lol they are a little too extreme for me..but I have been preparing. And have been stocking...saw this coming. my freezer and everything is stock..not good times ahead...hey mugs what is your take on going back to in school this year? curious on your take

Last edited by weatherwatchermom on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:53 pm

365 people died in nj yesterday from covid...this is insane..we are up 4 percent in hospitalizations... another 4254 positive over night...yeah and I hear parents in town pushing to go back to school..so their kids can play sports this spring...really??
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:365 people died in nj yesterday from covid...this is insane..we are up 4 percent in hospitalizations... another 4254 positive over night...yeah and I hear parents in town pushing to go back to school..so their kids can play sports this spring...really??

What’s scary is the mortality rate of reported cases. It’s over 4% now. Frightening. 4 in 100 die. That’s 1 in 25. Let’s beat this thing only once.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:52 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:365 people died in nj yesterday from covid...this is insane..we are up 4 percent in hospitalizations... another 4254 positive over night...yeah and I hear parents in town pushing to go back to school..so their kids can play sports this spring...really??
Yeah, I’m not sure why parents aren’t so concerned that their kids aren’t getting a proper education online, but are very concerned that they’re missing sports.

*disclaimer: I am a high school teacher.*

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:46 pm

brownie wrote:
Yeah, I’m not sure why parents aren’t so concerned that their kids aren’t getting a proper education online, but are very concerned that they’re missing sports.

Brownie, as a high school teacher, do you feel that online teaching is effective? I am curious as to how the process works. Do you have set hours where you logon with the students? Can you see if the student is logged on? Can the student interact with you during the session? Sorry for all the questions, but would appreciate your input.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:37 pm

GreyBeard wrote:
brownie wrote:

Brownie, as a high school teacher, do you feel that online teaching is effective? I am curious as to how the process works. Do you have set hours where you logon with the students? Can you see if the student is logged on? Can the student interact with you during the session? Sorry for all the questions, but would appreciate your input.

Online teaching is moderately effective for motivated students who are capable of being independent learners.  However, cheating is rampant and there is no way to control it.  For anyone who is unmotivated, or wants to game the system,  remote learning is a dream come true.  Kids log on to virtual class sessions, then many disappear although they are still logged in.  We have a set class schedule for 30 minute classes, every class meets daily.  I sometimes teach an actual lesson via video chat, but if the students are working independently, I am still available via video chat for help, to answer questions, or just to say hi during scheduled class time.  Different teachers within my school handle things differently, and different school districts have entirely different arrangements.

Last edited by brownie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:58 pm

brownie wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:
brownie wrote:

Online teaching is moderately effective for motivated students who are capable of being independent learners.  However, cheating is rampant and there is no way to control it.  For anyone who is unmotivated, or wants to game the system,  remote learning is a dream come true.  Kids log on to virtual class sessions, then many disappear although they are still logged in.  We have a set class schedule for 30 minute classes, every class meets daily.  I sometimes teach an actual lesson via video chat, but if the students are working independently, I am still available via video chat for help, to answer questions, or just to say hi during scheduled class time.  Different teachers within my school handle things differently, and different school districts have entirely different arrangements.

Sounds not as stringent as here, my 6 year old 1st graded has so much work and they require the parents to detailed work and upload pictures of it and videos of things such as doing "gym" and logging into online learning portals and it times out if you are not moving the mouse and the teacher is alerted and calls us!! Basically if my daughter does not shape up soon she will be repeating 1st grade. Def no cheating or laxing here, unless you want to fail. And the parents need to put in about 2-4 hrs a day too....
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:04 pm

I cannot speak for NJ schools but if it were my guess we may not be going back in the fall either!! And as sad as 365 deaths is look at NY's numbers.....So far one was my wife's old client and one of our sargents in Yonkers died too and he wasn't that old. They had a huge mile long (so each officer had over 6 feet from each in a line) procession for him. If there is or already is a food shortage I am going to be SOL cuz we have a tiny fridge and can only eat for maybe two weeks with frozen stuff. My daughter needs milk as she has a special diet so something will have to be done for that either via another source or the doctor will have to figure it out if we really go milkless. Where is milk $12 mugs? 3.99 here gallon. AND I found hand sanitizer today!!! Anyone wanna buy, $50 for a 4 oz lol totally kidding, I only took a few for my family. My friend got luck and found a gallon at a job lot for $25!!
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:56 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
brownie wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:
brownie wrote:

Sounds not as stringent as here, my 6 year old 1st graded has so much work and they require the parents to detailed work and upload pictures of it and videos of things such as doing "gym" and logging into online learning portals and it times out if you are not moving the mouse and the teacher is alerted and calls us!! Basically if my daughter does not shape up soon she will be repeating 1st grade.  Def no cheating or laxing here, unless you want to fail.  And the parents need to put in about 2-4 hrs a day too....
I’m sure it is easier to maintain academic integrity with a 1st grader.  Teenagers all have smartphones and now that they are home there is no way to police that, so they use them to their advantage.

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:00 pm

I am not an expert, but what's the point of trying to go back to school with maybe 5 weeks left just as students are getting use to learning from home? Eliminate the risk entirely and hope we can get back to some type of normalcy this summer.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:21 pm

I agree but I think it is almost a conclusion kids will finish this year online. In the fall, some are saying a second wave. I think with no evidence and just a a feeling that kids will go back either very near the end of 2020 but more likely March 2021. I hope I am wrong but I can't see how it can be safe.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:04 pm

brownie wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:
brownie wrote:

Hey Brownie...yes I agree for some its a dream come true..my son is a freshman in HS...he is in the Early ExplorerCA Program.does your school have that? .so he has all honor classes and an AP class. (AP exam at home this year..that is going to be interesting)my son does say some do not do their work.and that the teachers get mad. Most of his teachers  zoom classes..he has to be online at 9 am until 1pm(we are on block so he only has topics every other day they continued it here to keep consistency. classes went from 1 hour 20 min to 1 hour.)..his LAL teacher is no joke she gives them more work than they had at school..and you better not be one minute late logging on...lol. Great teacher. He loves it rolls our to bed at 8:58 and goes right to his desk. He only has one teacher that did not teach before this distance learning and still does not teach..makes me so angry.and even though my child is in hs and is independent..I have had to have conversations...(disclaimer..I have over the years been known to write letters to the principal and superintendent about how wonderful my child's teachers have been) You tell me when you have a class of honors kids....when 19 out of 21 fail each test and only 2 get in the 70's is that not a red flag and then you curve...oooh drives me nuts and I can't officially complain(never had to before) because this teacher teaches an AP class my child might be in in the future..His alegbra 2  teacher is a genius..except with zoom...lol but she is adjusting..for the most part I am really happy so far with how this is going because of how everyone is thrown into it. I am fortunate in many ways. He is old enough and responsible that I do not have to interfere unless I see something not right. I image that if he were in the lower grades it would much more challenging for teachers as well as parents and I do not work so that would be a plus, but I have friends working from home and have small kids online. NOT easy for them or their teachers....Here you get your own Chrome book starting in 5th grade..but they made sure all the little kids got one if they did not have acess to computers at home and helped if you did not have wifi..If you are off this week..I hope you are enjoying your days and regrouping for the next month of distance teaching.
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:17 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:
brownie wrote:
GreyBeard wrote:
brownie wrote:

Hey Brownie...yes I agree for some its a dream come true..my son is a freshman in HS...he is in the Early ExplorerCA Program.does your school have that? .so he has all honor classes and an AP class. (AP exam at home this year..that is going to be interesting)my son does say some do not do their work.and that the teachers get mad. Most of his teachers  zoom classes..he has to be online at 9 am until 1pm(we are on block so he only has topics every other day they continued it here to keep consistency. classes went from 1 hour 20 min to 1 hour.)..his LAL teacher is no joke she gives them more work than they had at school..and you better not be one minute late logging on...lol. Great teacher. He loves it rolls our to bed at 8:58 and goes right to his desk. He only has one teacher that did not teach before this distance learning and still does not teach..makes me so angry.and even though my child is in hs and is independent..I have had to have conversations...(disclaimer..I have over the years been known to write letters to the principal and superintendent about how wonderful my child's teachers have been) You tell me when you have a class of honors kids....when 19 out of 21 fail each test and only 2 get in the 70's is that not a red flag and then you curve...oooh drives me nuts and I can't officially complain(never had to before) because this teacher teaches an AP class my child might be in in the future..His alegbra 2  teacher is a genius..except with zoom...lol but she is adjusting..for the most part I am really happy so far with how this is going because of how everyone is thrown into it. I am fortunate in many ways. He is old enough and responsible that I do not have to interfere unless I see something not right. I image that if he were in the lower grades it would much more challenging for teachers as well as parents and I do not work so that would be a plus, but I have friends working from home and have small kids online. NOT easy for them or their teachers....Here you get your own Chrome book starting in 5th grade..but they made sure all the little kids got one if they did not have acess to computers at home and helped if you did not have wifi..If you are off this week..I hope you are enjoying your days and regrouping for the next month of distance teaching.
No, we don’t have Early Explorer - I don’t know what that is.

I am also teaching an AP class.  I can’t begin to describe what a travesty that has become since the exam has now completely changed.

Good luck to you and your son.  This is definitely a challenging time.

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatchermom Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Hey Brownie..good luck to you too...His AP teacher is fantastic..American History..he is a little nervous as well..he has made a million videos...half of them have his 2 year old in them.lol ...but he is working hard to keep them on track. Early Explorer Program is where you get your Associates Degree at the same time you earn your High School Degree...he loves it..and the prospect of going into a 4 year school as a JR. has a lot of appeal to him to complete his studies faster and my husband is happy it will help his wallet..lol. Have a good night.
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:I am not an expert, but what's the point of trying to go back to school with maybe 5 weeks left just as students are getting use to learning from home? Eliminate the risk entirely and hope we can get back to some type of normalcy this summer.
IOt's purely a bugetary thing, I am sure they will have to pay back part of their grant funding if they continue home schooling. But it won't happen, they will keep pushing it 2 weeks until the end of the year, shoot I would be surprised if we see going back before winter 2021. Cuomos outlook on this was not good, said could be 12-18 months before we can safely stop social distancing and reopen stuff. Thats October 2021!!! I don't think thats realistic though, the economy cannot survive that long like this. But if NY does not get rapid testing and we have gotten zero unrestricted funds from Federal Gov't we cannot move forward. On plus side we got our stimulus and we both still have jobs working from home with no suggestion that we would be laid off or anything like that. I as just at the grocery store and someone tried to rob a beer, he screamed and threatened the staff and they still let him go, that would never happen normally, I think its this pandemic that is making stores so meh to robberies. I saw it at 7-11 too. If you all do not know already in NY we must wear masks when out in public, cloth does nothing but its better than a steep fine.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:36 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:Hey Brownie..good luck to you too...His AP teacher is fantastic..American History..he is a little nervous as well..he has made a million videos...half of them have  his 2 year old in them.lol ...but he is working hard to keep them on track. Early Explorer Program is where you get your Associates Degree at the same time you earn your High School Degree...he loves it..and the prospect of going into a 4 year school as a JR. has a lot of appeal to him to complete his studies faster and my husband is happy it will help his wallet..lol. Have a good night.
My question is what happens to the graduating classes that won't be going onto the colleges they were accepted too. They cannot possibly start school online and they paid for dorming etc. And the food plans, wil lthey get reimburst for that? I was told by a friend that her daughter paid for a trip to disney with her senior class and it was cancelled with no refund!! She worked 2 years to save up for that trip : ( I think thats point blank wrong in everyway. I would sue the shit out of the school. Pardon my french.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:42 pm

As for home schooling my daighter is going stir crazy, and with  a prospect of nothing to do this summer we will go clinically insame, I am already close and we are a year or more away from ending this. I would rather go back to work.  I go out for drives and to empty stores just to get the hell out.  Its really really hard to sit at home al lday.  Frank had mentioned gaining weight I think the obesity rate is going to go to 100% of the US population by the time this is done then it will be a heart attack, diabetes high blood pressure pandemic.  Honestly to move foreward after this is over and be able to function normally without being nervous around other people may take 5-10 yrs.  No one is going to want to go to any events etc. Even when its so called over. This is the new way of life, I think we need to get used to it  and plan that we may not see our elderly parents again before, thats what I am most affraid of.

I am also used to being able to take mini vacations to Mohegan Sun in CT. Its our favorite Casino, Casinos have very little reserves, when this is all over the casino industry may no longer exist per reports. No vegas no AC no casinos anywhere in the country. What will they do with all those buildings? They have 4-6 months reserves before bankruptcy is a given. Some less, indian reservations have a bit more time, but Mohegan sun laid off all 2,500 employees!! I know this is not the important thing right now but all the things I and probably most of us like to do for fun have been crushed.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:What a fun day! Great to meet Chris (chief) and Joyce (brownie) for the first time. Also good to see Janet, Mikey and Bill again. After about 2 hours a bar crawl came in and it got really loud haha

We drank away our sorrows. Hopefully better luck next year. We may look to do another get together this summer.

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 37 56684710

Who would have thought this would be the last social outing I went to?

One week later, the world shut down.  Those of you in this photo, you are the last people I have hugged.

I hug my cats daily, but they’re not people.

Hope you all are doing well. Smile

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Peeps,

On week chinco of online or e learning or virtual learning - whatever yuo want to call it. The students are in teh grove and so am i and it is not bad. You have adapt, accommodate, KISS philosophy, keep it real and fun (i.e. Monday Mugno Trivia, Fury Friday, Fun Friday, Two for Tuesday) and as my grandmother would say - "roll with the punches" from her brother who was in WW2 and the champion in his weight class boxing back then. You make it worse than it is it will be. Students who don't want to do the work are the same ones who wouldn't in your class anyway don't sweat it. Best art is you don't have to see them to put up with them. NUMEREOUS parents have emailed me saying how they truly appreciate me and fellow teachers since it is NOT EASY. NO SHIT, a newfound respect maybe for the profession. You don't know until you walk in that person's shoes.
AS far as going back, the curve has flattened in teh state and we are seeing downward direction albeit slight to this which means we have come over teh hump. I personally think we could be back before memorial Day. That woudl mean 4-5 weeks of school. It woudl be a relief for the kids, educators and parents. WE have 4 more weeks of this lockdown and if this trend continues as we are seeing I could see that. If it doesn't and it spikes then we are done for the year, sadly.
The mass hysteria by the media, politicians and some have to ease. We are seeing the light at the end of this tunnel even in NYC the greatest hot spot. There are very positive mini samples of Remedsvir and Hydrochloroquine which are encouraging (to cheap for Big Pharma which will rule).
Has it been easy to teach, not in teh beginning but we are professionals nd educators and must be able to adapt and LEARN just like our students.
Oh, the talk about school for next year in September - really??? We should, most likely be open for then, that to me is to far to project to and adding the fear, hysteria by some at this point with some of this talk and where we are heading.
Hope you'll are safe, healthy and doing many things you couldn't or otherwise wouldn't do with this time. Live life folks and take a frown and turn it upside down.
Ciao

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:35 am

Just hang in there everyone. And "A-men" to Mugs on the hysteria point. I would just encourage everyone to look at the numbers yourselves and not how certain media outlets choose to spin them. Look at key numbers like new hospitalizations, ICU admissions, hospital bed capacity, etc. (focus less on numbers like "new cases" which tend to reflect expanded testing and backfilling of numbers more than any actual additional "spread").  All of those numbers are for the most part encouraging presently as they are headed in the right directions -- and have been for over a week in most places, even in "hotspots" like NY.
Also keep in mind that we never reached the "worst case scenario" numbers. We never ran out of ventilators or hospital beds and the projected death toll was cut by more than two-thirds from some original "projections." (And that is even accounting for some questionable counting that resulted in NY adding 4,000 deaths in one day to their total on April 15 by deciding to classify anyone who died in the last month as being a covid death, if they decided they "probably" (??) died of covid).
This was a serious crisis in late-March, early-April because of the risk it posed to overwhelming our healthcare systems. There were legitimate concerns about running out of hospital space and equipment. But in terms of the risk of the average healthy person dying from this, it has always been very low. The fact is, far more people have actually HAD covid than even know it!! I would encourage you to look at three recent studies (Stanford, USC and NY State) which all seem to indicate that somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of the population has had this. That is well above the official reported numbers of "positive cases." Why is that good news? Because if true it means: 1. The mortality rate of the virus is much lower than expected; 2. Most people's symptoms are so mild they never went to a doctor; and 3. There may be a significant segment of the population with immunity, which may limit the speed of any future spread this Summer or Fall. You don't hide from a virus. You either find a vaccine (a year off) or the virus runs its course as population immunity builds and it starts running into more transmission dead-ends. So the virus may still be present even as we re-open segments of our economy, but that is just the reality. It's either that or hide inside until 2021 - by which time there will be no country (and likely no "inside" to hide in).
I say all of this not to minimize the clear tragedy of this virus (Lord knows many have suffered greatly and many have lost loved ones due to this terrible virus), but to point out that there are positive developments and that the worst very well may be behind us. Since the media seems reluctant to focus on those things.
I would agree with Mugs -- schools will be open in September. I think most public facilities will be open by this summer, especially with so many states starting to slowly reopen right now.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by billg315 Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:54 pm

As an example of what I said above about watching the numbers for positive signs:
On April 14 NJ state health officials projected there would be 16,000 covid hospitalizations at peak on April 25 (yesterday). The numbers just released show that the actual number yesterday was just over 6,000, and was a 5th straight day in declining numbers. Covid hospitalizations in NJ are at their lowest point since the first week of April.
billg315
billg315

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:24 am

Bill^^^ - I agree in vehement fashion and the part that is disingenuous and mostly upset is the Gov saying t has to got be at a level that will warrant the opening of our state. WHta level doe she want zero deaths - thats absurd, stop we have heartaches, strokes, flu, pneumonia, drunk driving deaths every day. Its a part of life. Did we need to lockdown in teh beginning, yes because we have no idea of how this woudl go. Is it necessary now - NO imo.
How's this - I can go to Home Depot or Costco with 100's of peopel in teh store but I can't go to dinner at Peppercorns with a capacity seating of 80 people??
We are made of trillions not millions or billions but trillions of bacteria and ....VIRUS"S!! If they test me for COVID, SWINE, MEARS, SARS, ASIAN flu, Flu B, FLuA, Flu C I would probably test positive for many and many of you would too. WHY? Because its part of who were are, we live in a densely populated region and we are exposed to this all this time. If you were to be checked today you'd have influenza, strep, staff probably on you,and in you, in your home but are we shutting the country down and causing hysteria focusing on deaths??? Man has made it through worse without any modern medicine and survived. Isolation causes violence, depression, suicides, hysteria and illness. It is ALL scientifically proven.
Open the parks, the beaches, the restaurants and allow healthy folks back to work. Those who are immune compromised need to individual take caution and wait a bit longer. If you dont feel well stay home from work simple until you feel better.
My two cents and my beliefs at this point in time.
Here is a phenomenal video by two virology, ER and immunology doctors.
53 minutes but excellent.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by mwilli Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:38 pm

last year my lawn mower did not work had to hire someone to cut the grass. Just now went in the garage tipped the mower on its side and under the blade was string and left over weed wrapped around it,so with a box cutter and small shears got it out,added more gas prime it,the mower is running,now gotta go to home depot for a new spool for the trimmer and grass seed

mwilli

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Loosen, better remove the spark plug with a wrench to be safe. Working the blade could have caused it to spin a compression cycle. This is true for push mowers especially and worth going off topic about. Glad your mower works
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Damien good advice to mwilli.

Peeps here is the next issue coming that I have been harping on for over a month now - a systematic shut down and break down of the food chain supply.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/494772-tyson-foods-takes-out-full-page-ad-the-food-supply-chain-is-breaking
Get it while you can peeps cause there will be even more hysteria when this hits Main Stream.

TheHill.com
Tyson Foods takes out full-page ad: 'The food supply chain is breaking'
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 04/27/20 09:05 AM EDT 1,228

Just In...
159 inmates test positive for coronavirus at Miami jail
STATE WATCH
— 7M 57S AGO
Watch live: Members of the coronavirus task force hold a press briefing
IN THE NEWS
— 13M AGO
In war-torn Middle East countries, pandemic aid is hard to come by
OPINION
— 13M 31S AGO
Michelle Obama documentary covering 'Becoming' book tour debuting on Netflix in May
IN THE KNOW
— 14M 15S AGO
Tyson Foods executives said in a full-page ad published Sunday that the closure of food-processing plants due to the coronavirus is “breaking” the supply chain.

In a full-page ad published in The New York Times, The Washington Post and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, board chairman John Tyson wrote that “the food supply chain is breaking," saying farmers will be left without anywhere to sell livestock and "millions of animals — chickens, pigs and cattle — will be depopulated because of the closure of our processing facilities."

"There will be limited supply of our products available in grocery stores until we are able to reopen our facilities that are currently closed," he added

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next