NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banter Thread 5.0

+46
Elmer J Fudd, Billionaire
Bkdude
algae888
Irish
toople
jaydoy
richb521
crippo84
phil155
Judy Margolis
bloc1357
oldtimer
jimv45
Artechmetals
Scullybutcher
bobjohnsonforthehall
Taffy
SENJsnowman
CPcantmeasuresnow
Vinnydula
skinsfan1177
aiannone
weatherwatchermom
SoulSingMG
sroc4
sabamfa
Math23x7
frank 638
Radz
essexcountypete
Dunnzoo
GreyBeard
heehaw453
Quietace
jmanley32
nutleyblizzard
dkodgis
docstox12
billg315
HectorO
Grselig
amugs
mwilli
mikeypizano
brownie
Frank_Wx
50 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 36 Empty Re: Banter Thread 5.0

Post by GreyBeard Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:18 pm

I'm at home having a few quarantini's. It's just like a martini,but you drink it alone. drunken

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Youtube removed video.

Last edited by GreyBeard on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:52 pm

I “think” that is CP in the car
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:06 pm

We need a storm. At least a little something for Monday. PLEASE!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:33 pm

So during the time that we are all in, I have been looking back through various photos and videos I have saved throughout the years.  Some of you may have seen this, but here is a picture I took in August 2018 of the reservoir at CPK at around sunset.  If those buildings in the background were trees or mountains, perhaps this could be a Bob Ross painting:

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 36 Img_4010

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:09 am

Math23x7 wrote:So during the time that we are all in, I have been looking back through various photos and videos I have saved throughout the years.  Some of you may have seen this, but here is a picture I took in August 2018 of the reservoir at CPK at around sunset.  If those buildings in the background were trees or mountains, perhaps this could be a Bob Ross painting:

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 36 Img_4010

Math23x7, that picture is amazing, you have real skill as a photographer.

Bob Ross was one of the most kindest, beautiful souls I ever saw in this world and once in a while I enjoy watching a You Tube of him creating a beautiful painting in minutes.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Roll Call: How is everyone doing? Here in the Dunn house 3 have been home for 3 weeks, working and making liquor store runs. My oldest is still working(at a pizzeria, they are very busy!) and I am going to my library for a few hours a week, and working from home. I have some friends who are sick or have lost a loved one, store employees have nothing to stock the shelves with, the back rooms are empty. Not sure where this is going, but I am still going to ride my time on the ambulance as long as I feel safe. Thankfully, I have had very few calls, and the ones I had were nothing to worry about. We have a lot of members not riding at the moment and we are trying to keep going. Hope everyone is well, please post here so we know how everyone is.

Be safe all!

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Dunnzoo wrote:Roll Call: How is everyone doing? Here in the Dunn house 3 have been home for 3 weeks, working and making liquor store runs. My oldest is still working(at a pizzeria, they are very busy!) and I am going to my library for a few hours a week, and working from home. I have some friends who are sick or have lost a loved one, store employees have nothing to stock the shelves with, the back rooms are empty. Not sure where this is going, but I am still going to ride my time on the ambulance as long as I feel safe. Thankfully, I have had very few calls, and the ones I had were nothing to worry about. We have a lot of members not riding at the moment and we are trying to keep going. Hope everyone is well, please post here so we know how everyone is.

Be safe all!

I put on about 10 pounds which, all things considered, is not terrible.

A lot have been asking about my family in Italy. They are doing fine. Conditions there are improving but I believe they are still 2-3 weeks away from some normalcy, which makes me there here in the U.S. we could be longer than that.

I was thinking to myself the other day 'warm weather would sure be welcoming to many right now' but of course the winter pattern we all have been waiting for (-NAO) decides to establish itself now Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Please stay safe everyone.

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:45 pm

As Steve McQueen said in the movie Papillion..."Hey, you bast__rds, I'm still here"! That's addressed to the virus not you wonderful people of this great website.Wife and I have to be very careful, we have targets on our backs at ages 67 and 69.Hunkering down just doing essential runs.No friends or family sick with this yet praise God.be well all and stay safe.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:04 am

Doing fine healthwise, teaching from home via computer. Everyone I know is well.

Alone with two cats.  All three of us are climbing the walls.  They are better at it than I am.

brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:07 am

Hey all doing okay, zoo how I would kill to have a library open here, no such luck. Working from home doing zoom sessions with my kids and their parents, its really difficult to do what we do in early intervention over video so I hope our job can last through this. Frank lol, I do not even want to know where my weight is at. I said to someone everyone is going to get fat and develop heart conditions thats go be the next problem, I think 2-3 weeks plus is even optimistic I am along with others thinking we may start to see some lax by July but I doubt before. Lets hope theres a miracle. Glad to her fam in italy is good, glad to see no posts of anyone sick on here, if I missed any I hope you are feeling better.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:22 am

I would so like it to be like yesterday going forward or warmer, all i know is if this continues into or through the summer my electric bill is going to be a all time high. I hope for a not to brutal summer.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:22 am

Home with kids. Homeschooling. Sadly, I know people who did not survive. Seems like it got a lot worse this past week for us. Hopefully it gets better soon. Our library is closed. Thankfully we are being careful and everybody is healthy.

Seems like a beautiful day today so we will spend some time outside.

Be safe everybody!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. These are dark times indeed. Our lives have drastically changed in just the past few weeks. To lighten the mood a bit here are a few tidbits that will hopefully bring a smile to your faces.

Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
I need to practice social-distancing- from the refrigerator.
Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom
PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
Home-schooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?
Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to ‘’Puerto Backyarda’’.   I'm getting tired of ‘’Los Livingroom’’.
Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.
Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under….

And do you really want a face mask?

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:03 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Hope everyone is safe and healthy. These are dark times indeed. Our lives have drastically changed in just the past few weeks. To lighten the mood a bit here are a few tidbits that will hopefully bring a smile to your faces.

Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
I need to practice social-distancing- from the refrigerator.
Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom
PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
Home-schooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?
Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to ‘’Puerto Backyarda’’.   I'm getting tired of ‘’Los Livingroom’’.
Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.
Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under….

And do you really want a face mask?

Oy and I just ordered a whole bunch off ebay hopefully this isn't where mine are coming from. Is it bad the sellers name was chinakimjung, kidding. This was all hilarious, thanks! Oh and they finally were able to remove my kidney stone Match 13th had the stent out the 23rd and so far so good. Feel much better, of course I get better and then this, I was inside a week and a half before everyone else in NY....
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyBeard Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Hey Jman. Glad to hear your kidney stone issue was successfully resolved and you are on the mend.
It's funny that you mentioned that you ordered some things from ebay. I also did order some masks, but the seller disguised that they were coming from China. When I found that out I cancelled. Paypal notified me that I got a refund from
深圳市萨拉摩尔电子商务有限公司. I kid you not.
Stay well.

GreyBeard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Grey beard, awesome post right there. Thanks for keeping the spirit upbeat. Doesn't look like NJ schools are reopening this school year. Spoke to two friends top administrator and said two weeks they said we are not opening till next school year. Looks to be about right.
Good luck to the those with young kids.

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 pm

GreyBeard wrote:Hey Jman. Glad to hear your kidney stone issue was successfully resolved and you are on the mend.
It's funny that you mentioned that you ordered some things from ebay. I also did order some masks, but the seller disguised that they were coming from China. When I found that out I cancelled. Paypal notified me that I got a refund from
深圳市萨拉摩尔电子商务有限公司. I kid you not.
Stay well.

They likely are but everything is made in china so I will see how it works out. I do not think it's any more of a risk than getting from California which is what mine says. Yet I was supposed to get it today and it hasnt shipped yet.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:18 pm

You are completely right and ebay is really messing things up as they removed the item but did not finish the process so now I am trying to dispute with paypal without an item number, they said they opened a case but it errors when I try to go to the case they say the opened. What a hasstle.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dkodgis Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:52 am

My kids are a bit stir-crazy but they are pretty much self-directed with school and such. I still worry about their adjusting and not being depressed about the current situation. The spring things are presenting themselves too: tulip trees, forsythia, daffodils, and so on. I am just starting to see some horns of my hostas peeping out of the ground. The way things are going, I expect some flakes just to goof on us all.
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanley32 Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:49 pm

I know this is not weather related but I just ran out to get a few things and there were people hanging out like tailgaters in parking lot sitting right next to each other blowing cigs in each other faces...this is why we will never see these restrictions removed. I so wanted to curse them out but they were big guys and this is NY lol
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:25 pm

BUONA PASQUA!!

Happy Easter everyone

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by frank 638 Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Grazie frank Buona Pasqua a tutti .happy Easter 🐣 To all

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 pm

I am letting my NJWx Family if yuo have not heard or know about this yet: Meat is going to become very scarce to buy in teh coming weeks and possibly months- don't poo poo this and why?
Many of the meat processing plants by the big 3 (Tyson, Cargill adn Smithfield) are being closed. Articles here:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-meatpacking/smithfield-shutting-u-s-pork-plant-indefinitely-warns-of-meat-shortages-during-pandemic-idUSKCN21U0O7

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 36 Food-waster-pandemic-usa-farmer-videos
https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavirus/hazleton-meat-packing-plant-closed-as-164-workers-come-down-with-coronavirus/article_05a0e382-7b6e-11ea-8421-43e7e58ed408.htmlhttps://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavirus/hazleton-meat-packing-plant-closed-as-164-workers-come-down-with-coronavirus/article_05a0e382-7b6e-11ea-8421-43e7e58ed408.html

Not only milk but most dairy products and eggs!!

Banter Thread 5.0 - Page 36 Dumped-milk-smashed-eggs-plowed-160839647

This is a result of many different factors, gov't, pandemic, those wanting to crush the meat industry (Gates and Globalists are HUUGGE proponent of this), lack of demand.

This kid has been on this for a LOONNGG time. Is a bit over the top at times but he does great research and provides this information.
http://www.iceagefarmer.com/

Two friends - one a Thumans Distrubutor and another a store owner of a supermarket chains in Upstate NY both said that we are in for some serious trouble if we don't get something going. They each said get your meat and freeze it, you may have to go to smaller business for these products and get them right away before they get overrun with order like the farms in the region. Ordered goods from a farm since they have curbside pick up that is working unlike all the grocery stores in this area, charged a bit more but it was worth it. This was cray cray $12 for a gallon of milk!!!!

It doesn't matter what the govt does it is late for this. Their was a letter sent to dairy and cattle farmers to kill their hogs and cows by April 17th to help reduce the amount of supply.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVBOSz3XQAAAOCc?format=jpg&name=small

Best of luck, be safe and healthy in this very different and stressful time everybody.

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:23 pm

I heard there was problems in the food chain a week or so ago. Every time I go to the store I grab more. Soups with meat, bread baking supplies, fruit cups etc. I don't have a big freezer so I can't by too much meat at once. Maybe I'll make a big pot of sauce with meat in it and freeze that. On the flip side, my sone works for a pizzeria, so I have an in for some things! lol

Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Zoo what pizzarie does he work in??

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:45 am

Pompilio's on Westwood Ave.