NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAN 16th Arctic Front I

+39
Dunnzoo
richb521
vascudave
dkodgis
SkiSeadooJoe
mmanisca
Radz
2004blackwrx
NJBear
Math23x7
MattyICE
1190ftalt
brownie
lglickman1
frank 638
essexcountypete
amugs
billg315
docstox12
snowday111
MikeA
emokid51783
dsix85
SENJsnowman
GreyBeard
nutleyblizzard
CPcantmeasuresnow
phil155
sroc4
Irish
Abba701
silentwreck
weatherwatchermom
hyde345
aiannone
heehaw453
jmanley32
Coachgriff
Frank_Wx
43 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by kalleg Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:01 pm

Rain chain completely covered with ice in New Hope; light rain has been falling all afternoon, 29*...

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 ABLVV876s9wDDGTafRFBDIXp_US6YsMriuCBWtEGKQrnB0CSQpMk-Ezsc1ZO72o23KFo9Fjvj8GSTniqaCNTzkyQxL759LXrN_UytqALR4pcNsxRnnlJwv9E9DXKNRrdEax5W8uvnNY4TytZMo5V2JdjcRZYzCZ1QqctolznTDKvXKq7ZMaYf6oL7gMe7Ra81aiTSj-xQzgJmUAZ7ipLH86cE5Jz0sGzsbccseH42pdEE9ZQJPS3PVfs19dMHeQB__-Evx7T7ua9MD1vNlq54p-9Yfz-fYKxuwDjhKC9m8_eSnmHvVL_fDb2LkWNs-ZjokI3hjOgvoFEUe_6r1ndwhBshOw1ygnv1WuCW19YVHAM5vCa16sM4iV0DEiv0A3zjpALEcqRhmuN4HK_8wG1H0Uc_OVVVHuGNl_yK4w_lFrIkOcSBnYrrheQs0lvBL1BteyPr5sJzcZk7sVzqqAKhDHaEhYp77j3jwWJVsSDNvQPOWDDrY3FIy7iZlGsTcsZIf2k6MUgXCfNaLFRTk95Eba2mm9A7fPISbKBMAWlaPLjQ8zXvdqsbLKAP-CdSDjF0LEKxcabgXCeS-7TWAuVqYJRAhC47JUlGrDXNzD3VxclAgPCyk57vyg5F-lcNEcmvklTotojA-W-21goiLOZpPc7cE7ywO0OE_pz6HBzx_kvqiplE3J3VIh3a-9N60VeFdt7up4NFFdKhqCCA6HF3xqAQyM-5-3K_5Gz-1B18yJSHcJPNT2dCLWliJGKjcLGSUQ5wdnW-TZ4PMhT4nYClpsCCY5Dr492IlB7Oe8n0BH5lSEax5eHMewoOwhZddN_NR-Nj9La688fT8HRfarLMYN1tXiRLWOFSK-tbizByNHhLqUC2TbwETNPJ-tvzblnyT4CATnb65gtOS0N2DSwaXUgO50J87ThHEoxvjI6FIyR=w433-h911-s-no-gm?authuser=0

kalleg

Posts : 148
Join date : 2013-01-15

Dunnzoo, 1190ftalt, weatherwatchermom and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by aiannone Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:46 pm

Back to light snow here. Looks nice on the trees with the ice

aiannone
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 4815
Join date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by frank 638 Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:49 pm

Just finished up cleaning the snow and ice I only ended up with. 1 inch of snow ⛄ .was hoping for more but I am happy

frank 638
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2843
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2016-01-01
Age : 40
Location : bronx ny

CPcantmeasuresnow and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:58 pm

Been snowing almost continuously since 10:30 last night until about 3:30 today. After 17 hours of almost non stop snow the finally tally is 2.5 inches.

That's about what I received in an hour on January 7th.

Beautiful out though.


Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7274
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 103
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by amugs Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:12 pm

1.5" total had about 3/16" of ice encrusted on everything here (Hillsdale NENJ)
Had Freezing Rain and Sleet all day and then around 2PM it switched to heavy and moderate snow for about 1/2 hour then back to freezing rain. Side Roads and some main were absolutely terrible.
Looks stunning outside.
If not for the dreaded subsidence I believe we would have had 3-3.5/4" easily here.
Oh well add it to the totals and move onto Friday

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

1190ftalt likes this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by MattyICE Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:24 pm

I see lows dropping into the teens in some areas tonight! Smells like a re-freeze! Careful y’all!

MattyICE
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 249
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Clifton, NJ (Eastern Passaic County)

SENJsnowman likes this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by hyde345 Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:04 pm

Finished with 2.5. Can't complain. 14.5 this month.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by weatherwatchermom Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:31 pm

MattyICE wrote:I see lows dropping into the teens in some areas tonight!  Smells like a re-freeze!  Careful y’all!

Already slick. Temps dropping like a rock 😬..I smell another delay for tom morning for some schools
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3787
Reputation : 78
Join date : 2014-11-25
Location : Hazlet Township, NJ

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by SENJsnowman Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:45 pm

Was very pleasantly surprised to come home from work and see my whole yard still covered with 1-2” of snow! Aside from looking beautiful, based on temps for tomorrow/Thursday, I might be heading into the Friday storm (if it should happen) with snow otg already! Wowzers- instant accumulation!

As a result, I officially re-classify this storm as winner, at least as far as imby!


Last edited by SENJsnowman on Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

SENJsnowman
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 1188
Reputation : 61
Join date : 2017-01-06
Age : 51
Location : Bayville, NJ

essexcountypete and jmanley32 like this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:49 pm

28 and roads wet and icy. Had some absolute maniac behind me I was making a left turn slowing he could pass on the right but decided to get 2 inches from me blaring horn and swerving side to side flashing high beams and then finally sped off to my right then hooked a quick left around a car to his right almost losing it in the process. I don't understand some people. This was on a normal 2 lane road not a highway. Jesus H
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 20535
Reputation : 108
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by amugs Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:15 pm

25* here going to 15* with snow and ice OTG may go lower

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

1190ftalt likes this post

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by docstox12 Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:33 pm

23 degrees, partly cloudy, breezy.Wound up with close to 3 inches here will wait for final trained spotter tally.Will be nice to have a wintry cold and snow pack scene for a few days.Friday looks like an inch or two ATM according to NWS.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8529
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by amugs Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:01 pm

2 hr delayed opening for schools galore up here.
Good calls roads are bad

_________________
Mugs 
AKA:King: Snow Weenie
Self Proclaimed
WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 15095
Reputation : 213
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 54
Location : Hillsdale,NJ

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by jmanley32 Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:14 pm

yonkers just called a 2 hr delay.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 20535
Reputation : 108
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by Math23x7 Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:36 pm

3" of snow for me here in Albany.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2379
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:11 am

jmanley32 wrote:28 and roads wet and icy. Had some absolute maniac behind me I was making a left turn slowing he could pass on the right but decided to get 2 inches from me blaring horn and swerving side to side flashing high beams and then finally sped off to my right then hooked a quick left around a car to his right almost losing it in the process. I don't understand some people. This was on a normal 2 lane road not a highway. Jesus H

The guy sounds like a total ass. It's unfortunate a cop wasn't around to arrest him for dangerous diving. However had you somehow antagonized him by mentioning all of the wind events we've had this month?
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7274
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 103
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by phil155 Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:41 am

Another delayed opening here for the schools

phil155
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 483
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2019-12-16

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:17 am

16 degrees, clear and slight wind.Final total as per NWS trained spotter was 3.5 inches.Nice to have a snowpack and maybe a refresh storm on Friday.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8529
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:19 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:28 and roads wet and icy. Had some absolute maniac behind me I was making a left turn slowing he could pass on the right but decided to get 2 inches from me blaring horn and swerving side to side flashing high beams and then finally sped off to my right then hooked a quick left around a car to his right almost losing it in the process. I don't understand some people. This was on a normal 2 lane road not a highway. Jesus H

The guy sounds like a total ass. It's unfortunate a cop wasn't around to arrest him for dangerous diving. However had you somehow antagonized him by mentioning all of the wind events we've had this month?
lol, but on a serious note i know it was nuts. I even slowed and moved over to let him pass but it was like he was trying to target me for some reason.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 20535
Reputation : 108
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by docstox12 Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 am

jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:28 and roads wet and icy. Had some absolute maniac behind me I was making a left turn slowing he could pass on the right but decided to get 2 inches from me blaring horn and swerving side to side flashing high beams and then finally sped off to my right then hooked a quick left around a car to his right almost losing it in the process. I don't understand some people. This was on a normal 2 lane road not a highway. Jesus H

The guy sounds like a total ass. It's unfortunate a cop wasn't around to arrest him for dangerous diving. However had you somehow antagonized him by mentioning all of the wind events we've had this month?
lol, but on a serious note i know it was nuts. I even slowed and moved over to let him pass but it was like he was trying to target me for some reason.

I know this is banter but I have been driving since 1968 and driver courtesy and politeness has gotten worse and worse.We were taught Drivers Ed in High School, and politeness and courtesy were always stressed.These days the best course of action is to pull over to let a nut blast by you, keep your eyes straight ahead and do not engage the nut in any gestures or yelling.People have guns in cars now.Not worth losing your life.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8529
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by jmanley32 Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:21 am

docstox12 wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:28 and roads wet and icy. Had some absolute maniac behind me I was making a left turn slowing he could pass on the right but decided to get 2 inches from me blaring horn and swerving side to side flashing high beams and then finally sped off to my right then hooked a quick left around a car to his right almost losing it in the process. I don't understand some people. This was on a normal 2 lane road not a highway. Jesus H

The guy sounds like a total ass. It's unfortunate a cop wasn't around to arrest him for dangerous diving. However had you somehow antagonized him by mentioning all of the wind events we've had this month?
lol, but on a serious note i know it was nuts. I even slowed and moved over to let him pass but it was like he was trying to target me for some reason.

I know this is banter but I have been driving since 1968 and driver courtesy and politeness has gotten worse and worse.We were taught Drivers Ed in High School, and politeness and courtesy were always stressed.These days the best course of action is to pull over to let a nut blast by you, keep your eyes straight ahead and do not engage the nut in any gestures or yelling.People have guns in cars now.Not worth losing your life.
last respinse as your right this is banter. I never ever look at other drivers who are being agressive. And you are 100% right though i did not see your time period where drivers were courteous
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 20535
Reputation : 108
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

JAN 16th Arctic Front I - Page 8 Empty Re: JAN 16th Arctic Front I

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum