NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wx Banter Thread 1.0

+52
Mathgod55
Philliesfan
nancy-j-s
emokid51783
Artechmetals
SNOW MAN
keliza52
deadrabbit79
chrism
lglickman1
Yschiff
jldio
jimv45
snow247
devsman
2004blackwrx
billg315
RJB8525
sabamfa
weatherwatchermom
LB3147
Scullybutcher
Analog96
Taffy
oldtimer
essexcountypete
dad4twoboys
GreyBeard
kalleg
Radz
mako460
SoulSingMG
Dtone
nutleyblizzard
NjWeatherGuy
aiannone
docstox12
carvin1079
algae888
bloc1357
Math23x7
CPcantmeasuresnow
Quietace
sroc4
Snow88
Grselig
Dunnzoo
Frank_Wx
amugs
skinsfan1177
HectorO
jmanley32
56 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 31 Empty Re: Wx Banter Thread 1.0

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm beginning to think there is to much in breeding going on in this forum and it is causing a complete mental breakdown in many when things don't go their way.

I cite as an example all of the members who whose last name ends in Snow. We should have Math23X7 calculate it, but it appears to me there are at least 100.

Yes guilty as charged.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by algae888 Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 pm

this is all scott's fault he said this storm was happening two weeks ago. If he didn't say anything the storm never would have materialized and we wouldn't be pulling the hair out of our heads.lol

algae888
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:12 pm

Freaking Scott SuperBowl Storm

CLICK HERE to view NJ Strong Snowstorm Classifications
Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

http://njstrongweather.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:24 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:Wx Banter Thread 1.0 - Page 31 AVVv5

That is just so friggin' hilarious, Frank... lol!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by sroc4 Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Frank_Wx wrote:Freaking Scott SuperBowl Storm

Just like in the game...it aint over till its over.

WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by deadrabbit79 Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Is it me or are things on this board getting waaaaaaaaay to serious? People blaming the pro/ams, people complaining about the storms not panning out, posts getting deleted, people being threatened with bans, etc etc. really guys lets put things in perspective.....its the freakin weather!!!! In no way is it perfect. This board is supposed to be fun. There is lots of knowledge here and eventhough i dont post much(because i dont know much lol) i have learned a lot more than i used to know. Bottom line.....this doesnt look like our year, simple as that! We got spoiled the last year or two and i think a lot of you think that is going to be the norm, its not, never will be. So stop the bitchin and complaining, stop trying to blame the pro/ams, and just enjoy the fun that is had when the POSSIBILITY of a storm comes about! Sorry thats my rant....couldnt listen to all the complaining and threats anymore. (This is not aimed at anyone individual)

deadrabbit79

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:47 pm

All of what you say is absolutely correct but you have a site full of snow addicts who start to act like a playpen full of 6 year olds when the toys get removed and they are told to take a nap.I know I'm guilty of what you say.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:59 pm

deadrabbit79 wrote:Is it me or are things on this board getting waaaaaaaaay to serious?  People blaming the pro/ams, people complaining about the storms not panning out, posts getting deleted, people being threatened with bans, etc etc.  really guys lets put things in perspective.....its the freakin weather!!!! In no way is it perfect.  This board is supposed to be fun.  There is lots of knowledge here and eventhough i dont post much(because i dont know much lol) i have learned a lot more than i used to know.  Bottom line.....this doesnt look like our year, simple as that!  We got spoiled the last year or two and i think a lot of you think that is going to be the norm, its not, never will be.  So stop the bitchin and complaining, stop trying to blame the pro/ams, and just enjoy the fun that is had when the POSSIBILITY of a storm comes about!  Sorry thats my rant....couldnt listen to all the complaining and threats anymore.  (This is not aimed at anyone individual)

I'll go back to my theory of in breeding on this forum. There are just to many people with Snow in their name.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:02 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
deadrabbit79 wrote:Is it me or are things on this board getting waaaaaaaaay to serious?  People blaming the pro/ams, people complaining about the storms not panning out, posts getting deleted, people being threatened with bans, etc etc.  really guys lets put things in perspective.....its the freakin weather!!!! In no way is it perfect.  This board is supposed to be fun.  There is lots of knowledge here and eventhough i dont post much(because i dont know much lol) i have learned a lot more than i used to know.  Bottom line.....this doesnt look like our year, simple as that!  We got spoiled the last year or two and i think a lot of you think that is going to be the norm, its not, never will be.  So stop the bitchin and complaining, stop trying to blame the pro/ams, and just enjoy the fun that is had when the POSSIBILITY of a storm comes about!  Sorry thats my rant....couldnt listen to all the complaining and threats anymore.  (This is not aimed at anyone individual)

I'll go back to my theory of in breeding on this forum. There are just to many people with Snow in their name.

lol! lol! lol!

Bubbasnow 654
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:11 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Yeah, but from the look of the name, this dude may have killed 79 rabbits. That's just sick. i respect that. Man is dangerous. Word to the wise. Do not ban the deadrabbit. Maybe he can lead the sacrifice to wake up the Snow Divinity Forces and lead us to the promised land of a mighty blizzard of 15.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:14 pm

Grselig wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Yeah, but from the look of the name, this dude may have killed 79 rabbits.  That's just sick.  i respect that.  Man is dangerous.  Word to the wise.  Do not ban the deadrabbit.   Maybe he can lead the sacrifice to wake up the Snow Divinity Forces and lead us to the promised land of a mighty blizzard of 15.

lol! lol! lol!

79 rabbits feet would HAVE to be good luck.

Now this guy is REALLY going to hate me.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Us snow lovers are just mad that every snowstorm since the 2/16/14 one has trended from a possible major event or a moderate event to either nothing or a minor event and much less than forecasted. Its beyond frusturating...
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadrabbit79 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Lmfao!!! You guys are funny! Deadrabbits....from Gangs of New York....also was the name of a hockey team i played on lol. But....for the sake of snowstorms i would gladly do anything i had to eventho i love those fuzzy little creatures!

deadrabbit79

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:35 pm

deadrabbit79 wrote:Lmfao!!! You guys are funny!  Deadrabbits....from Gangs of New York....also was the name of a hockey team i played on lol.  But....for the sake of snowstorms i would gladly do anything i had to eventho i love those fuzzy little creatures!

Great movie!!!!
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:36 pm

I was going to mention that,deadrabbitts, great, great movie, "Gangs of NY", must have watched it 4 or 5 times....Bill the Butcher...

Glad you're not mad at me for having some fun, here.Some of us guys use comedy to break up the tension, glad you are with us.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:42 pm

The drink menu tonight will consist of whiskey. I will call this storm correctly, because another bust is unacceptable

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:

Hey that's not right. 😢
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by deadrabbit79 Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 pm

docstox12 wrote:I was going to mention that,deadrabbitts, great, great movie, "Gangs of NY", must have watched it 4 or 5 times....Bill the Butcher...

Glad you're not mad at me for having some fun, here.Some of us guys use comedy to break up the tension, glad you are with us.

Its all about having fun Doc which is why i made my statements. Things got too serious on the other thread recently. Need the fun back!

The call is for whiskey and a correct forecast! You better be right this time Frank! 1 wrong forecast since i have been on this forum is just unacceptable!!! Lol

deadrabbit79

Back to top Go down

Post by Grselig Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:26 pm

deadrabbit79 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:I was going to mention that,deadrabbitts, great, great movie, "Gangs of NY", must have watched it 4 or 5 times....Bill the Butcher...

Its all about having fun Doc which is why i made my statements.  Things got too serious on the other thread recently.  Need the fun back!  

The call is for whiskey and a correct forecast! You better be right this time Frank!  1 wrong forecast since i have been on this forum is just unacceptable!!! Lol

Better listen to the man, Frank. Better LISTEN. Actually, in my mind if you bust, it probably means it was a very complicated forecast with unexpected and nearly impossible to predict circumstances which nobody got right. But you have professional standards. You have a proven track record which speaks for itself. Although a shot or 2 or maybe 33 of good whiskey would be nice as well. Hopefully my wife is driving tonight. In most situations (ice, flood and other deadly stuff) tracking weather should be fun and I am always learning a ton from you.
Grselig
Grselig
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 pm

I hope Bill Belicheat and the Cheatreatiots are stuck from returning home sore losers Monday morning...
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm

This guy used to be on the old 7-online chat board. He talked about the disappointment that was the storm from earlier this week and then brought up several examples of potential snowstorms that disappointed snow lovers in NYC going back to the 1980s. The last three I remember very well and they still sting (March 4th-6th, 2001, February 5th-6th, 2010, March 2nd-3rd, 2014).

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/weather/2015/01/a-history-of-predicted-snowstorms-that-failed-to-deliver.html

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Scott said it best. When we both issued our 1st call maps we clearly stated its a tough forecast and bound to change, for better or worse. It looks like its heading to worse and some people just can't understand why that is. I can care less what's said in the banter threads, but don't be coming in the storm threads and start biatching. Your post will get deleted. Idk how many more times I have to say that.

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Math23x7 Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Jman, you said you are on your way to becoming a therapist right?

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by NjWeatherGuy Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Im flushing my whole damn ice tray down my toilet for the rest of the 0z suite tonight and I suggest you all do the same, fingers crossed.
NjWeatherGuy
NjWeatherGuy
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Wx Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:18 pm

On it

Frank_Wx
Frank_Wx
Godzilla Seeker
Godzilla Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:58 am

Just my two cents on weather and forecasting, but here goes: Weather forecasting is like criminal profiling in that it's an art that looks like a science. You can enter all of the data in all of the computer models with all of their algorithms and still you get things like last week. If it was science with laws set in stone, there wouldn't be a need for forecasters; just some pretty talking head to read the computer printouts. Much respect to Frank, sroc and everybody that takes the time to study all of the maps and models out there and is willing to share their knowledge with us. You do great work in a field where even the greatest of successes is likely to be met with faint praise at best. *climbs down from the soapbox*

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy-j-s Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:14 am

TheAresian wrote:Just my two cents on weather and forecasting, but here goes: Weather forecasting is like criminal profiling in that it's an art that looks like a science. You can enter all of the data in all of the computer models with all of their algorithms and still you get things like last week. If it was science with laws set in stone, there wouldn't be a need for forecasters; just some pretty talking head to read the computer printouts. Much respect to Frank, sroc and everybody that takes the time to study all of the maps and models out there and is willing to share their knowledge with us. You do great work in a field where even the greatest of successes is likely to be met with faint praise at best.  *climbs down from the soapbox*

Well said - totally agree! Keep up the great work guys!
nancy-j-s
nancy-j-s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum