NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

+30
dkodgis
mmanisca
Radz
2004blackwrx
WeatherBob
Frozen.9
1190ftalt
Taffy
essexcountypete
Sparky Sparticles
weatherwatchermom
SkiSeadooJoe
Snow88
brownie
RJB8525
SENJsnowman
Quietace
snowbunny
algae888
billg315
aiannone
sroc4
docstox12
jimv45
hyde345
amugs
frank 638
Frank_Wx
jmanley32
heehaw453
34 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by essexcountypete Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:33 pm

The ice melting off the trees right now is spectacular. It's raining ice, in small and large chunks, along with bits of tree. The sound is quite unique, and when the wind blows it kind of scary.
essexcountypete
essexcountypete
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 638
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2013-12-09
Location : Bloomfield, NJ

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by jimv45 Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Ended up with about 7 here, not a bad storm with what has been not a great winter with snow here.

jimv45
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 1163
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : Ulster county ny

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by hyde345 Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:48 pm

Finished with 3.5 inches, mostly snow and some sleet. A little disappointing. 19 for the year.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1011
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by 2004blackwrx Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:04 pm

Hyde not too bad. Do you know what time you changed to sleet. Based on my reliefs at work southern dutchess was still snowing at 4 but by 6 when i git home it was all sleet.

2004blackwrx
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 538
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Wappinger NY

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by jmanley32 Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:18 pm

weatherwatchermom wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
amugs wrote:ZR here now and my wife school did not close. What a mess.
No spring break? CT and NY are on break, that sucks that kids dont get a break in NJ. Scary thing to wake to this morning, I am at Mohegan Sun in CT (yes I frequent here, stay free nice that I am good friends with a tribal member : ) I was headed to elevators on 18th floor, the hotel is slightly slanted and all these chunks of ice came flying down from 36th floor banging against the windows all way down and then hit the parking lot, thank goodness they removed all the cars from there! And that no one was standing there.

jman in nj we have spring break around Easter.
We have spring break then too, this is actually winter break, so the kids in NJ only get one break? that is unusual most states have 2 breaks. When does school end is it still june? They have to have 180 days of school here is the rule.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 19014
Reputation : 107
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 40
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by Math23x7 Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Just over 6" of snow here in Albany

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2330
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2013-01-08

weatherwatchermom likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:02 pm

2.1 inches of all sleet as far as I can tell. It never made it above 29 during precip so this should have been 6-8 inches of snow without the warm mid level.

28 inches even on the season. A little over half the seasonal so far.

Surprisingly I give this winter a C- so far just because if 45 days of snow cover so far and a below normal January temperature wise. Otherwise December was horrible and February not much better.

On second thought make that a D+
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 6827
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 101
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

sroc4, docstox12, hyde345 and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:28 pm

It could not have been 29 degrees this morning??? wth...we had .91 inches of rain..that would have been some nice white gold...what a winter..the winds are currently 12mph with gust a little over 20 mph...
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3180
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 58
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by weatherwatchermom Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:32 pm

jmanley32 wrote:
weatherwatchermom wrote:
jmanley32 wrote:
amugs wrote:ZR here now and my wife school did not close. What a mess.
No spring break? CT and NY are on break, that sucks that kids dont get a break in NJ. Scary thing to wake to this morning, I am at Mohegan Sun in CT (yes I frequent here, stay free nice that I am good friends with a tribal member : ) I was headed to elevators on 18th floor, the hotel is slightly slanted and all these chunks of ice came flying down from 36th floor banging against the windows all way down and then hit the parking lot, thank goodness they removed all the cars from there! And that no one was standing there.

jman in nj we have spring break around Easter.
We have spring break then too, this is actually winter break, so the kids in NJ only get one break? that is unusual most states have 2 breaks. When does school end is it still june? They have to have 180 days of school here is the rule.
this is banter..lol but we get off a couple of days in Nov(teachers convention/fall break) and get out around the 20-24 of June.. Smile
weatherwatchermom
weatherwatchermom
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 3180
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2014-11-25
Age : 58
Location : Hazlet Township

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by hyde345 Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:44 pm

2004blackwrx wrote:Hyde not too bad. Do you know what time you changed to sleet. Based on my reliefs at work southern dutchess was still snowing at 4 but by 6 when i git home it was all sleet.

It was around 6am.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1011
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by hyde345 Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:51 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:2.1 inches of all sleet as far as I can tell. It never made it above 29 during precip so this should have been 6-8 inches of snow without the warm mid level.

28 inches even on the season. A little over half the seasonal so far.

Surprisingly I give this winter a C- so far just because if 45 days of snow cover so far and a below normal January temperature wise. Otherwise December was horrible and February not much better.

On second thought make that a D+

It's funny I was thinking about this today as far as grading the winter so far. Negatives are horrible December, only 19 inches of snow so far, meh February. Positives were nearly six weeks of snow cover from early Jan to mid Feb, cold January, and not having any extended warmth after December. So right now it's the same for me C-/D+.
hyde345
hyde345
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1011
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Hyde Park, NY

Back to top Go down

February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95 - Page 9 Empty Re: February 25th 2022 potential snow/ice for mainly well NW of I95

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum