NJ Strong Weather Forum


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

+31
Frozen.9
Math23x7
WeatherBob
CPcantmeasuresnow
crippo84
dkodgis
Zhukov1945
lglickman1
SENJsnowman
JT33
weatherwatchermom
essexcountypete
DAYBLAZER
1190ftalt
kalleg
Coachgriff
Dunnzoo
phil155
MattyICE
nutleyblizzard
aiannone
CNWestMilford
amugs
frank 638
sroc4
brownie
jmanley32
WinterColdandSnowisamyth
heehaw453
billg315
Frank_Wx
35 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by billg315 Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:16 am

Back to a mix with some snow here, but looks like main precipitation shield is moving away from here, so won’t add to my totals. Some scattered showers to the west still to swing through overnight. Whether they’ll be snow or rain I don’t know, I’ll be asleep. It’s unintended that I checked in here even at this hour. Lol.

billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 4462
Join date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by 1190ftalt Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:56 am

6 inches on the ground, 28 degrees, snowing very hard, just got done shoveling my driveway for the second time.February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 26b42f10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 1596fc10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 B4dccc10

1190ftalt
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 396
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by WeatherBob Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:25 am

Caldwell NJ reporting in @ 5 in as of 2:30 am
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 683
Reputation : 83
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County - Altitude 500 FT

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by dkodgis Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:29 am

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 90caac10

A beautiful sight. Snowing steadily. In three hours at first light, it may be even a better sight. What about Fri in a separate thread of course
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 2492
Reputation : 98
Join date : 2013-12-29

1190ftalt likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by 1190ftalt Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:46 am

WeatherBob wrote:Caldwell NJ reporting in @ 5 in as of 2:30 am
Wow ! The roads must be slick down there ! Do you have any pictures?
1190ftalt
1190ftalt
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 396
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Stillwater, NJ

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by Math23x7 Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:14 am

Here in Albany, I went outside about an hour ago and measured three inches of snow. While it was coming down hard at the time, it is now mainly light snow, though there are indications that it picks up in a few hours.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 2379
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by Frozen.9 Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:50 am

Belleville NJ. 3 inches and wet/heavy.

Frozen.9

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2021-02-06

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by WeatherBob Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:03 am

1190, about 3 in or a bit more on the roads, 5 in on grass and cars.
WeatherBob
WeatherBob
Meteorologist
Meteorologist

Posts : 683
Reputation : 83
Join date : 2013-12-13
Location : Caldwell, NJ - NW Essex County - Altitude 500 FT

1190ftalt likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by Coachgriff Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:38 am

There was a solid coating on the ground in East Windsor when I fell asleep….sadly it didn’t make it. Morning measurement…0.0
Coachgriff
Coachgriff

Posts : 57
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2022-01-29

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by sroc4 Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:04 am

Morning folks.  Looking like things have gone, for the most part for most people, as planned.  Still just some very light snow at 33*, up from 32* when I was out measuring half hour ago. Me and the dogs enjoyed ourself this morning.

Ended with a touch over 4”. Official measurement is 4.2”. All things considered not bad.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 390d2e10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 B9108d10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 7b89f410

_________________
"In weather and in life, there's no winning and losing; there's only winning and learning."
WINTER 2012/2013 TOTALS 43.65"WINTER 2017/2018 TOTALS 62.85" WINTER 2022/2023 TOTALS 4.9"      
WINTER 2013/2014 TOTALS 64.85"WINTER 2018/2019 TOTALS 14.25" WINTER 2023/2024 TOTALS 13.1"
WINTER 2014/2015 TOTALS 71.20"WINTER 2019/2020 TOTALS 6.35"
WINTER 2015/2016 TOTALS 35.00"WINTER 2020/2021 TOTALS 37.75"
WINTER 2016/2017 TOTALS 42.25"WINTER 2021/2022 TOTALS 31.65" 
sroc4
sroc4
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8331
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Wading River, LI

1190ftalt and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:05 am

27 degrees, light winds, light snow tapering off.Looks like around 7 inches here but will wait for official trained spotter measurement.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8500
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

1190ftalt and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by brownie Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:06 am

4.25” on my deck this morning.

brownie

Posts : 391
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-11-10
Location : Parsippany, NJ

1190ftalt likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by Radz Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:51 am

28* with about 5.5” otg
Radz
Radz
Pro Enthusiast
Pro Enthusiast

Posts : 1028
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2013-01-12
Location : Cortlandt Manor NY

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by jmanley32 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:07 am

sroc4 wrote:Morning folks.  Looking like things have gone, for the most part for most people, as planned.  Still just some very light snow at 33*, up from 32* when I was out measuring half hour ago. Me and the dogs enjoyed ourself this morning.

Ended with a touch over 4”. Official measurement is 4.2”. All things considered not bad.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 390d2e10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 B9108d10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 7b89f410
def didnt make it to 4 must have compacted a lot. It does look very pretty here but roads are fine dot did a good job. Im not sure but looks like 2 or 3 and its still snowing a bit. Hoping someone reports a measurement here for nws.
jmanley32
jmanley32
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 20512
Reputation : 108
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 42
Location : Yonkers, NY

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by CNWestMilford Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:17 am

Not sure how much there is here in West Milford but looks like over 6”. Light snow falling. Temp 26. February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Af191f10
February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 09752910
CNWestMilford
CNWestMilford

Posts : 43
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2020-12-15
Age : 47
Location : West Milford

1190ftalt and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:20 am

7.3 inches in Highland Mills in Orange County NY. Seasonal total now at 16.2.

Still a solid F, but at least we had one six inch plus snowfall. In all of my years recording I've at least still never had a season that didn't have at least one.

26.6 and light snow


Last edited by CPcantmeasuresnow on Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7274
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 103
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

sroc4, docstox12, 1190ftalt, heehaw453 and SENJsnowman like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by MattyICE Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:21 am

Just about 4” for Clifton, NJ. Told friends and fam to ignore the 5-8” calls and prepare for 2/3-4/5. That worked nicely.

MattyICE
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 249
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Clifton, NJ (Eastern Passaic County)

sroc4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by billg315 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:25 am

32* Cloudy and cold. Snow remains on non-plowed/treated surfaces. Impossible to get an accurate total this morning with the chance to rain last night, compacting, etc. But based on what’s on the cars and accounting for that I’d say I likely had about 2” here - maybe 2.5. That is in line with all forecasts for this area. Would have loved to got up to 4, but I’ll take what I can get this winter. For about 3-4 hours last night . . . it was beautiful.


Last edited by billg315 on Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 4462
Reputation : 185
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 50
Location : Flemington, NJ

1190ftalt and heehaw453 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by docstox12 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:26 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:7.3 inches in Highland Mills in Orange County NY. Seasonal total now at 16.2.

Still a solid F, but at least we had one six inch plus snowfall. In all of my years recording I've at least still never had a season that didn't have at least one.

26.6 and light snow

Maybe will add to the totals this Friday up here as well.Figured around 7 eyeballing it here.Will see the trained spotter total later.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 8500
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 73
Location : Monroe NY

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by heehaw453 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:30 am

Storm from my perspective over performed.  Looks like a general 3-5" along and north of I78 in NJ. 2-3" Lehigh Valley.  6"+ seemed to be confined to higher elevations NEPA/NW NJ or into HV.

I was thinking 2-4" along and north of I-78 and 4"+ north of I-80 with 6"+ being ASL > 1000'.  My reasoning was the ULL proximity along with marginal air mass. But the night snowfall certainly helped in this.

Thanks to Frank and Bill for their snow predictions.  It's not an easy task.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Snowto11


Last edited by heehaw453 on Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3906
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2014-01-20
Location : Bedminster Township, PA Elevation 600' ASL

crippo84, brownie, 1190ftalt and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by heehaw453 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:32 am

docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:7.3 inches in Highland Mills in Orange County NY. Seasonal total now at 16.2.

Still a solid F, but at least we had one six inch plus snowfall. In all of my years recording I've at least still never had a season that didn't have at least one.

26.6 and light snow

Maybe will add to the totals this Friday up here as well.Figured around 7 eyeballing it here.Will see the trained spotter total later.
Looks like 6" Doc as of 7 AM.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Spotte10

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3906
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2014-01-20
Location : Bedminster Township, PA Elevation 600' ASL

docstox12 likes this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by nutleyblizzard Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:36 am

I ended up with 3.5”. It was like shoveling cement.
nutleyblizzard
nutleyblizzard
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Posts : 1952
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2014-01-30
Age : 57
Location : Nutley, new jersey

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by billg315 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:40 am

heehaw453 wrote:Storm from my perspective over performed.  Looks like a general 3-5" along and north of I78 in NJ. 2-3" Lehigh Valley.  6"+ seemed to be confined to higher elevations NEPA/NW NJ or into HV.

I was thinking 2-4" along and north of I-78 and 4"+ north of I-80 with 6"+ being ASL > 1000'.  My reasoning was the ULL proximity along with marginal air mass. But the night snowfall certainly helped in this.

Thanks to Frank and Bill for their snow predictions.  It's not an easy task.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Snowto11

Thank you. Looks like my predictions were just off one highway south. If I used I-78 to I-80 as my mid zone, instead of I-195 to I -78 would have verified perfectly.
billg315
billg315
Advanced Forecaster - Mod
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Posts : 4462
Reputation : 185
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 50
Location : Flemington, NJ

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by Dunnzoo Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:45 am

About 4" here, I'll check a few more spots in the yard when I go out to clear it.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Snow110

_________________
Janet

Snowfall winter of 2023-2024  17.5"    

Snowfall winter of 2022-2023       6.0"
Snowfall winter of 2021-2022     17.6"    1" sleet 2/25/22
Snowfall winter of 2020-2021     51.1"
Snowfall winter of 2019-2020       8.5"
Snowfall winter of 2018-2019     25.1"
Snowfall winter of 2017-2018     51.9"
Snowfall winter of 2016-2017     45.6"
Snowfall winter of 2015-2016     29.5"
Snowfall winter of 2014-2015     50.55"
Snowfall winter of 2013-2014     66.5"
Dunnzoo
Dunnzoo
Senior Enthusiast - Mod
Senior Enthusiast - Mod

Posts : 4882
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 62
Location : Westwood, NJ

1190ftalt and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:53 am

heehaw453 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:7.3 inches in Highland Mills in Orange County NY. Seasonal total now at 16.2.

Still a solid F, but at least we had one six inch plus snowfall. In all of my years recording I've at least still never had a season that didn't have at least one.

26.6 and light snow

Maybe will add to the totals this Friday up here as well.Figured around 7 eyeballing it here.Will see the trained spotter total later.
Looks like 6" Doc as of 7 AM.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Spotte10

Those are general public reports some as of 4:30. Trust me I've been measuring snow my whole life it's pretty simple, 7.3 inches here as of 7:00 Am and it's been snowing lightly since.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7274
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 103
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by heehaw453 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:55 am

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
heehaw453 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:7.3 inches in Highland Mills in Orange County NY. Seasonal total now at 16.2.

Still a solid F, but at least we had one six inch plus snowfall. In all of my years recording I've at least still never had a season that didn't have at least one.

26.6 and light snow

Maybe will add to the totals this Friday up here as well.Figured around 7 eyeballing it here.Will see the trained spotter total later.
Looks like 6" Doc as of 7 AM.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Spotte10

Those are general public reports some as of 4:30. Trust me I've been measuring snow my whole life it's pretty simple, 7.3 inches here as of 7:00 Am and it's been snowing lightly since.
You don't think a few miles away could be different?

heehaw453
Advanced Forecaster
Advanced Forecaster

Posts : 3906
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2014-01-20
Location : Bedminster Township, PA Elevation 600' ASL

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:59 am

heehaw453 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
heehaw453 wrote:
docstox12 wrote:
CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:7.3 inches in Highland Mills in Orange County NY. Seasonal total now at 16.2.

Still a solid F, but at least we had one six inch plus snowfall. In all of my years recording I've at least still never had a season that didn't have at least one.

26.6 and light snow

Maybe will add to the totals this Friday up here as well.Figured around 7 eyeballing it here.Will see the trained spotter total later.
Looks like 6" Doc as of 7 AM.

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Spotte10

Those are general public reports some as of 4:30. Trust me I've been measuring snow my whole life it's pretty simple, 7.3 inches here as of 7:00 Am and it's been snowing lightly since.
You don't think a few miles away could be different?

Of course but I would never rely on the general public reporting totals. Most people don't know anything about a snow board, where to measure, how often, when to clear the board which now is only once at midnight. Some wait until after compression, melting has started, and some like Doc eyeball it LOL.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Posts : 7274
Reputation : 230
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 103
Location : Eastern Orange County, NY

docstox12, dkodgis and billg315 like this post

Back to top Go down

February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm - Page 9 Empty Re: February 27th-28th 2023 Winter Storm

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum